Sports Interactive Community
magicmastermind124

FM2011 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

Not all the files are included. There is a thread to ask SI to put them all in but they don't have a reply to it that we want.

The assumed aus.xml file is likely to be in the fm.exe.

When creating competitions in the Advanced Editor, should I completely remove the Nation Rules I've created earlier?

I'm noticing that, after installing advanced panels 1.5, old comp rules made with normal editor are vanished. If I load rules file, they don't appear anymore in left column of editor.

This issue wasn't present in vers. 1.4.

Could you check this matter?

:)

I'm noticing that, after installing advanced panels 1.5, old comp rules made with normal editor are vanished. If I load rules file, they don't appear anymore in left column of editor.

This issue wasn't present in vers. 1.4.

Could you check this matter?

Very strange. It's working fine for me, Nation Rules are still in place.

Well, you might as well recreate your league with the Advanced Rules :)

This download won't work for me. when i try to extract the files i get a message pop up giving a long list of file paths and saying "access is denied" after each one, wha's happenin?

This download won't work for me. when i try to extract the files i get a message pop up giving a long list of file paths and saying "access is denied" after each one, wha's happenin?

You don't have administrator rights. I'd unrar the file somewhere else then copy them over.

You don't have administrator rights. I'd unrar the file somewhere else then copy them over.

I can't not have administrator rights. It's my laptop and only has my account on it.

I can't not have administrator rights. It's my laptop and only has my account on it.

Install it on a usb stick and copy it to the laptop.

I'm surely honest and have no reasons to lie. I explained these issue only to solve them.

So, you should be more honest than me when you say that panels work perfectly to you.

They work absolutely fine. Perhaps you should post a screenshot so I can see what is going wrong.

Maybe yours needs reinstalling. Did you install FM11 through Steam? If so Verify your game cache, and then reapply my patch.

Ok, let's try to cooperate.

I replaced original files and deleted editor cache, then I reinstalled your patch 1.5, but "extinct" setting doesn't still appear, while something better is on the rules structure (left column): now I can see competitions but not the sub folders.

Can you help me?

Edit.

I installed game from dvd.

Here screenshots.

No "extinct"

noextinct.jpg

Restricted columns (maybe it's not a real issue)

structure.jpg

Strange! It's there for me, but mine is in English so I don't know if that causes a problem.

I also have the left hand size column restricted. Maybe SI should implement it so you can drag it to your own preferred length.

EDIT: I have looked extensively at the xml files and there is nothing to indicate that they are missing. If this is bothering you, go to your Program Files/Steam/steamapps/football manager 2011/tools/editor/data/format/database and find the comp.xml file. Open it in notepad.

At line 142 it should look like this:

<!-- reputation -->
		<record>
			<flags id="field" value="crep"/>
			<string id="name" value="Reputation"/>
			<flags id="type" value="integer"/>
			<integer id="min_value" value="0"/>
			<integer id="max_value" value="200"/>
			<boolean id="is_client_field" value="true"/>
		</record>

<!-- extinct -->
		<record>
			<flags id="field" value="cext"/>
			<string id="name" value="Is Extinct[COMMENT: editor field]"/>
			<flags id="type" value="boolean"/>
		</record>

<!-- type -->
		<record>
			<flags id="field" value="dbty"/>
			<string id="name" value="Type"/>
			<flags id="type" value="enum"/>
			<boolean id="is_optional" value="true"/>
			<flags id="enum_values" value="cdbt"/>
		</record>

If I recall things correctly, you have to set nation to none (rather than Switzerland in the example) first to be able to select defunct (and that's even without the advanced panel). My memory might have let me down though

Perhaps I'm mis-interpreting that second image nigerio... but that isn't the advanced panel, just the normal nation rule part of the editor

With 1.4 panels, "extinct" option works fine in my editor, without setting nation to none.

The 2nd image represents editor with 1.5 patch when I load a previous rules files done without adv panels. It's to explain that with 1.4 panels editor appears more "normal" than actual.

Maybe the 2nd issue is really not an issue, as I said before. However, appearance in MY editor changed from 1.5 settings.

Hope to solve all.

Edit.

Another thing... 1.4 patch overwrites 112 files, while 1.5 overwrites only 85 files... but perhaps it's an irrelevant matter.

Strange! It's there for me, but mine is in English so I don't know if that causes a problem.

I also have the left hand size column restricted. Maybe SI should implement it so you can drag it to your own preferred length.

EDIT: I have looked extensively at the xml files and there is nothing to indicate that they are missing. If this is bothering you, go to your Program Files/Steam/steamapps/football manager 2011/tools/editor/data/format/database and find the comp.xml file. Open it in notepad.

At line 142 it should look like this:

<!-- reputation -->
		<record>
			<flags id="field" value="crep"/>
			<string id="name" value="Reputation"/>
			<flags id="type" value="integer"/>
			<integer id="min_value" value="0"/>
			<integer id="max_value" value="200"/>
		</record>

<!-- extinct -->
		<record>
			<flags id="field" value="cext"/>
			<string id="name" value="Is Extinct[COMMENT: editor field]"/>
			<flags id="type" value="boolean"/>
		</record>

<!-- type -->
		<record>
			<flags id="field" value="dbty"/>
			<string id="name" value="Type"/>
			<flags id="type" value="enum"/>
			<boolean id="is_optional" value="true"/>
			<flags id="enum_values" value="cdbt"/>
		</record>

I did some tests...

In 1.5 panels, comp.xml hasn't that strings, they are quite different and "extinct" section isn't there.

Instead, in 1.4 panels, comp.xml is like above.

Maybe I must install 1.4 and then 1.5... or not?

I did some tests...

In 1.5 panels, comp.xml hasn't that strings, they are quite different and "extinct" section isn't there.

Instead, in 1.4 panels, comp.xml is like above.

Maybe I must install 1.4 and then 1.5... or not?

Just add the missing text, save the file and it should work when the editor is restarted.

boys I would want to create the campioanto Clasusura and Aperura in the setting of the competition thing I should do? why do I find them and do I insert them but nn I know what to do later? if you have some screens illustrative there would be any thankful;)

It's WinRAR that is the problem. I'd unrar the file somewhere else then copy them over.
Install it on a usb stick and copy it to the laptop.

Thanks guys, i'll try that.

by the way. The only reason i'm after the advanced panel is to be able to add new Local Regions, so is there any way of getting at that option without downloading the advanced panel? Just in case it continues to be uncooperative.

EDIT-

It didn't work, the error is still occurring

Thanks guys, i'll try that.

by the way. The only reason i'm after the advanced panel is to be able to add new Local Regions, so is there any way of getting at that option without downloading the advanced panel? Just in case it continues to be uncooperative.

EDIT-

It didn't work, the error is still occurring

Right click on the editor folder inside Football Manager 2011/tools and click properties, and make sure that it is not set to read only.

Right click on the editor folder inside Football Manager 2011/tools and click properties, and make sure that it is not set to read only.

Cheers man, reckon that might work

Just add the missing text, save the file and it should work when the editor is restarted.

I followed your tricks but nothing, option doesn't appear, neither clearing editor cache. Have I to clear other temp files?

I noticed that also comp ui.xml is different between 1.4 and 1.5, in this one "extinct" section is missing. Then, xml dates are strangely different, 1.5 comp.xml (jan 2010) is previous than 1.4 one (jul 2010).

So, I tried to overwrite 1.4 comp.xml and 1.4 comp ui.xml in 1.5 patch but unfortunately nothing changes. Now I reinstalled 1.4 patch and panels are correct.

magicmastermind124, try to solve this issue please :)

EDIT.

I'm using 11.1.1 official patch.

Anyone have a file that has a working group stage to knockout stage that I can look at? I've gotten my knockout stage to pull teams from the group, but it doesn't pull the right ones. It is pulling the top 2 from one group, and the bottom two from another. I've tried a bunch of things and nothing seems to work. I'm hoping that if I can see how a working one is set up I can see where I'm making my mistake.

magicmastermind124,

I downloaded your v1.5 update however it crashed the editor do you still have a v1.4 that I could use until the v1.5 problems are fixed?

Regards

Some news about my issue.

I set editor language from italian to english and magically option "is extinct" reappeared.

magicmastermind124, can you correct this problems in italian panel, please, or tell me how to do it?

Has anyone figured out a solid way to get a competition to appear as a World competition, and not assigned to a continent?

My world club cup is still assigning to Europe .......

Gents I have started working on euro cups (trying to recreate them) but I can't seam to get the team to qualify for the comps so if someone can help me here is the file for you to have a look at thanx in advance

http://www.filefront.com/17580998/Regionalised Europe.rar

I have a problem with a reduction in the league after the first season.

I created a game in which the Polish Premier League last fall five teams (the league reduced from 16th to 12 teams), from the first league will advance only one (the league reduced to 16th teams from 18th).

Numbers of teams after the first season, everything looks good, but in the league, "disappear" I suddenly 4th team of the top places; in their place there are additional teams from the first league(?!sic).

It is also strange is that these teams removed nowhere - in any competition.

Enclosed please find the file and ask to correct any of my error or let me know if you can get the proper deductions leagues.

http://www.filefront.com/17581120/PolskaAR12E.dbc

Some news about my issue.

I set editor language from italian to english and magically option "is extinct" reappeared.

magicmastermind124, can you correct this problems in italian panel, please, or tell me how to do it?

No, the language file is something completely different and I wouldn't know how to fix it/support it.

magicmastermind124 can you have a look at my file I'm doing something wrong but can't figure out what 2 posts above

Is it possible to, after making Caribbean Cup as qualification tournament for Gold Cup, remove that sign "host" right to the name of competition? That bothers me a lot. Like

"Gold Cup Qualifiers host-Martinique"

Is it possible to make just "Gold Cup Qualifiers"?

Are the regions you can create actually used anywhere in competition rules?

If this is reply to my post, I have no idea what are you talking about. :)

I don't know why it has crashed, have you made sure that all files are extracted to the right location?

I've just installed 1.5 myself and it works fine for me.

In my attempt to get v1.5 working I uninstalled and reinstalled FM 2011 and I'm sill have the same issues of extracting the format.rar and the cut and pasting/replacing this format folder into the Editor's format folder, this time I didn't get any crashes however once the advanced rules have been added I can't modify nation rules anymore.

Here are some screens to show what I mean:

First Link/Screen - http://imgur.com/TqrR0.png

This screen shows that the advanced panels have been installed successfully...

Second Link/Screen - http://imgur.com/emWE6.png

This screen shows what I'm experiencing when I go to modify or add competitions to my new country.

The second screen is my wanting to modify Australia as I want to add the Semi-Professional and Amateur Lower Leagues into Australia, using the rules as stated on each federations websites (Competition in which you need Qualify (not promote as currently stated by SI crappy formatting of the Australian League) for Finals Series 2 Stages [1. Regular Home and Away Season w/ Premiers Crowned, 2. Finals Series w/ Champions Crowned) and if they have a reserve competition add that also and youth leagues also.

To get a better understanding of the Australian Structure please go to this Wikipedia Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_football_(soccer)_league_system

Please Note the the A-League is the only professional league in Australia and that the State and Regional Competitions are in theory the 2nd best leagues in the country and they are classified as Semi-Professional and Amateur Leagues.

Regards

I'm still struggling with the Advanced Panels to recreate the Dutch League structure. Due to a hardcoded errror in the relegation from the Eerste Divisie, I have to recreate the entire competition structure.

Just a quick question: when adding competitions in the Basic Editor, you can 'ask' the editor if the rules are correct. That is not possible in the Advanced Editor, I assume? Just trial and error?

In my attempt to get v1.5 working I uninstalled and reinstalled FM 2011 and I'm sill have the same issues of extracting the format.rar and the cut and pasting/replacing this format folder into the Editor's format folder, this time I didn't get any crashes however once the advanced rules have been added I can't modify nation rules anymore.

Here are some screens to show what I mean:

First Link/Screen - http://imgur.com/TqrR0.png

This screen shows that the advanced panels have been installed successfully...

Second Link/Screen - http://imgur.com/emWE6.png

This screen shows what I'm experiencing when I go to modify or add competitions to my new country.

The second screen is my wanting to modify Australia as I want to add the Semi-Professional and Amateur Lower Leagues into Australia, using the rules as stated on each federations websites (Competition in which you need Qualify (not promote as currently stated by SI crappy formatting of the Australian League) for Finals Series 2 Stages [1. Regular Home and Away Season w/ Premiers Crowned, 2. Finals Series w/ Champions Crowned) and if they have a reserve competition add that also and youth leagues also.

To get a better understanding of the Australian Structure please go to this Wikipedia Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_football_(soccer)_league_system

Please Note the the A-League is the only professional league in Australia and that the State and Regional Competitions are in theory the 2nd best leagues in the country and they are classified as Semi-Professional and Amateur Leagues.

Regards

I've tried to reproduce the error however it works absolutely fine on my end. I'll reupload 1.5 to see if there was a problem.