Sports Interactive Community
magicmastermind124

FM2011 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

Ok, so I defo don't need to create nation rules through the normal editor then?

I've already got each competition list inside the "Competitions" section

I'm presuming the Required Teams tab is set for loading any team that maybe required for, say, the FA Cup? (Presuming this, because in the orig comps file, practically every English league is listed)

Sorry for what seems like basic questions, but this is my first foray into the Advanced Panel, with atm what I've done just causing straight crash dumps, I want to make sure I'm not missing anything (which I know I am)

Don't add nation rules through the normal editor. If you do it will ignore all your advanced rules.

I was struggling with crash dumps as well at the very early stage, like after just adding the nation rules and one competition. Look at my post on the second page of this thread about what I had to do to get a very basic skeleton working, maybe you're missing one of those things.

I'm trying to make the San Marinho system as it is in real life and I'm finding that as newbie on this I might have started with something a little bit too much for me. The 15 teams are each year randomly separated into 2 groups, one of 8 and one of 7 - making that happen is easy. Then they play all the teams in their own group twice, and then the teams from the other group once - what's the best way of achieving this?

I'm not sure, but maybe take a look at the xml for MLS in the comps.fmf

Growing very frustrated with this Group Stage problem of mine. Fraudilay has chipped in a couple of times, including down a full look and edit on the file ....... neither of us has licked this yet.

Can someone chip in with what has gone wrong here? I did this last year, with the advanced editor, and it was cake. I have even studied last years files for the answer; nothing is working.

Hi there,

I'd like to use the advanced editor for a comp that I've created. I've followed the installation steps as per post 1 but when I open the editor I do not have the 'List' option under 'File' (only About, Details and Validation). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

I was wondering if this was possible (about Bosnian system). In text, there are RS (Republic of Srpska) and FBIH (Federation of BiH).

1st league

16 teams;

2 go down; if both are from same entity, both go to same level under

2nd league

2 divisions;

one 14 teams, RS;

one 16 teams, FBIH;

winners go up;

RS relegates last 2; FBIH relegates last 3 (if two teams from same entity are relegated from 1st league, then that entity relegates additional team, so 3(RS) or 4(FBIH)

3rd league

RS - 2 divisions, both 14 teams; winners qualify to upper level - 2

FBIH - 4 division (16, 16, 12, 12); winners of both leagues with 16 teams (South and Center) go up - 2; winners of both 12-teams leagues (West 1 and West 2) go to play-off, winner goes up - 1. 2+1 = 3

I know this is impossible to remake, but, who knows, maybe there is someone who can.

Hi there,

I'd like to use the advanced editor for a comp that I've created. I've followed the installation steps as per post 1 but when I open the editor I do not have the 'List' option under 'File' (only About, Details and Validation). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

I'm having the same problem

I was wondering if this was possible (about Bosnian system). In text, there are RS (Republic of Srpska) and FBIH (Federation of BiH).

1st league

16 teams;

2 go down; if both are from same entity, both go to same level under

2nd league

2 divisions;

one 14 teams, RS;

one 16 teams, FBIH;

winners go up;

RS relegates last 2; FBIH relegates last 3 (if two teams from same entity are relegated from 1st league, then that entity relegates additional team, so 3(RS) or 4(FBIH)

3rd league

RS - 2 divisions, both 14 teams; winners qualify to upper level - 2

FBIH - 4 division (16, 16, 12, 12); winners of both leagues with 16 teams (South and Center) go up - 2; winners of both 12-teams leagues (West 1 and West 2) go to play-off, winner goes up - 1. 2+1 = 3

I know this is impossible to remake, but, who knows, maybe there is someone who can.

The Advanced Rules would allow enough flexibility for this.

I'm also having trouble getting it activated, had the same problem in FM10. When I choose to extract to that location I get a list of errors.

Have you tried extracting to somewhere else and then copying it over?

If you're under Vista or 7 and you're game is installed inside the Program Files directory, it could be a permission problem

If you're under Vista or 7 and you're game is installed inside the Program Files directory, it could be a permission problem

Good thinking, this has worked, thanks.

That is what I am working on right now to get it completely right, maybe even making the lowest league (Danish Lower League) playable or something. Because what I have actually done now, is just moving the problem a league lower (ie. Local Series, Sjællandsserien, Jyllandsserien etc.), so when I get it right, I will share it. I just hope I do it before I lose my patience and interest (and my sanity) in the project :S

Any news here? I've tried, but no success so far. :(

Right lads, update for those who are interested.

I've got my tournament working BRILLIANTLY ....... It is working like a dream; 512 teams, 4 knockout rounds putting the 64 teams left into 8 groups of 8 (I have disabled the European and World Club tournaments) followed by quarter finals, semi finals and a final at a neutral ground. The tournament seeds perfectly, seperates nations, records past winners etc, everything it is supposed to. It is tested up to 2014 and is going well ....... now I am just trying to make the individual player awards work ......... the Best Goal award works but I can't get the Golden Boot, Best Player or Team of the Tournament to work.

Any suggestions people?

Fury:

I tried doing exactly that mate, using the Champions League. The thing is, I haven't set a continent for this tournament althought in the game it appears in Europe ...... does anyone know how to change THAT by the way? - but either because it has no continent or I've done something wrong it won't write them properly. Under the Awards section in the game, it DOES list them ......... but it never hands them out, although when you check the stats there are players in the those positions, obviously. Last year (2013) Lionel Messi was best player with an average rating of 8.52 and Diego Forlan was top scorer with 14 goals. Neither of them won the corresponding award.

Good thinking, this has worked, thanks.

Glad to hear

Fury:

The thing is, I haven't set a continent for this tournament althought in the game it appears in Europe ...... does anyone know how to change THAT by the way? -

Have you tried specifically setting it too none?

Click on the drop down and click none next to "nation" and "continent"

It appears, that if you don't specifically set something (even if it's setting too nothing), nothing about it will be stored into the XML and the game will just choose a default option

Remember, the XML only stores CHANGES, everything else will be decided by the game itself

Afraid I can't give any thoughts on the awards at this time though

Deadzone:

Thanks for that mate. I am going to temporarily take the awards out of the tournament ....... I am gutted about that, cause I like them, but they won't work.

If someone can come up with an answer, I'll be glad to hear it.

I'm trying to create a league where teams are originally divided into 2 groups (one with 7 and one with 8 teams). They play the teams in their own group twice and teams in the other group once. Then the 3 top teams in each group go into playoffs.

I've set a group stage with one round and a hidden league stage also with one round feeding the results into the group stage - so the teams play eachother the right amount of times. Problem is, no matter what I do, the game crashes after the 7th game of the season. No matter what I try, it always crashes at that point. What can I do so that it doesn't assume immediatly that after the 7th game something needs to happen?

Try changing the fixture dates first; if it crashes on the same day regardless of fixtures, the date is the problem. I had a similiar issue with the World Club Championship scheduling on the 22nd November after I had disabled the European tournaments. I had to disable the WCC as well.

I've tried changing the dates - the problem isn't the exact date, the problem is that it's always after the 7th game.

Nice one, DeadZone. Thanks for the info, it's worked!

Apologies if this is too soon to ask again but in post 222 of this thread I asked about creating this competition with the advanced rules: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASB_Phoenix_Challenge

To summarise, is it possible to create a competition where 8 teams play 1 game each against a 9th team and the winner of each game receives a small prize, no league table, knockouts or anything, just one off matches for a cash prize once each season. I've been messing around with the advanced section trying to achieve it and just can't see how, so is a competition of this kind even possible?

Thanks,

Having problems creating the Liechtenstein Cup- despite setting the season update in nation rules to be on 20/21 June, it always starts in mid July, and the round dates are always 1.1.1900.

I'm been tring lots of different things trial and error, so was wondering, does it matter what order the nation rules and then competetion rules are created? i.e. should the nation rules be set up first, as the game takes thing to happen in the order you change them, or does this not matter?

Should I use base dates as 2000, or is 2009 or 2010 better?

Had a read through of this thread for tips, but the consensus seems to be its a lot more sensitive than FM10 so could be waiting a while for any guides...

If I get the basics working, may ask for some more advanced help (e.g. the 4 semi finalists should qualify automatically for the next year's quarter finals, which I guess is possible by using the ranking settings?)

Anyone knows of a way to "Get All Teams From Division" of last season as opposed to the current? Some clever workaround without having to modify the competition it's drawing from?

There's a method called "Get Best Teams From Division" which has a "Last Division" field. What does it do?

Hello,

First of all, let me say a big thanks to everyone who made this advanced editing happen!! :thup:

Maybe this is asked already, but I'll try my luck anyway:

I'm trying to complete the Dutch competition-structure down to Tier 10. The Eredivisie (Tier 1) and Eerste Divisie (Tier 2) are already in the game. From Tier 3 downwards, I'm building.

Problem with the Dutch structure is that the lower Tiers are not only divided by region, but also by matchday. You have a Saturday pyramid and a Sunday Pyramid, and you want to avoid that Sunday-teams end up in a Saturday-league. Basically, that's not the biggest problem.

The 2 Topklasse-competitions (Tier 3) are pretty straightforward, so are the 6 Hoofdklasse-competitions (Tier 4). The only problem is this:

In Tier 3, teams ending on positions 14, 15 and 16 are relegated. The team that ends on position 13 has to play play-off matches (knockout-system) against 3 teams from Tier 4. The winner of that mini-competition will be promoted to Tier 3. This system applies both to the Saturday and the Sunday-league of Tier 3.

To determine the 3 teams from Tier 4, each competition is divided into periods, same system that is applied in the Eerste Divisie. Tier 4-competitions have 3 periods, the first period consists of 8 matches, the other two periods consist of 9 matches each. The winners of the three periods in the same competition play a Round Robin-tournament. The winner of that tournament, accompanied by the 2 other winners from Tier 4 Round-Robin tournaments on the same day, plays against the nr. 13 of Tier 3 from the same day (knock-out). The winner is promoted to Tier 3.

My questions:

1. Is it possible to divide the Tier 4-competitions into 3 periods? How?

2. Can you determine that the winners of those periodes play against eachother after the regular competition has ended? How?

3. Can you determine that the winners of those play-off from the same day play against the nr. 13 of Tier 3 from the same day, and that the winner is promoted to Tier 3? How?

If someone could answer these question, I would be very gratefull.

Thank you.

Somebody? Anybody? Please?

Also, a basic tutorial would be very nice.

For some of the options, I have absolutely no idea what it does. That applies to most of the options, frankly.

Okay, I have figured out that the problem I've listed elsewhere as an issue is with the Advanced Editor setting my competition in Europe as opposed to listing it as a World competition.

How do I set it as a world competition, so it appears where the Club World Championship does ?

E aí galera. esta liga é baseada na MRT90.

Peguei a liga deles como exemplo para dar uma estudada no editor, fiz alguns ajustes ao meu gosto,

Não mexi com reputação e transferências.

2ªas e 3ªas Estaduais na mesma aba q as da 1ª Estadual, ou seja, passou o mouse pra mudar de liga, ela estão sequenciais.

Recopa SUL-Brasileira na mesma aba que as copas estaduais.

NÃO tem campeonatos sub-20 como copa sp e copa BH e nem o brasileiro sub-20. Talvez no futuro.

EM BREVE posto o link aqui para vocês.

Outra coisa que eu vou deixar em aberto no tópico é para vocês escolherem 5 estaduais por pessoa que devem ter todas as divisões. A idéia é não deixar a liga mto pesada na hora de jogar. Uma semana é o tempo pra postarem, depois vou contar e ver quais são as eleitas, para aí poder remover as "extras" na proxima versão.

Translating, this fu***** guy is planning to copy my hard work and use it as his own authory. That's why SI should block xml edition. Yes, some Brazilian people aren't reliable.

I was just curious and did load my custom league file made with nation rules and changed some settings for the nation with the Advanced Panel. And it looks like the game can handle both, the nation rules and the additional advanced rules.

Concerning: eng.xml

What ties the fixture rules to specific competitions?

For example;

ENG_FIXTURE_RULES_CUP doesn't appear to have anything tieing it too, say, the FA Cup

I notice the leagues appear to work by the use of Highest/Lowest Division Level, but not seeing anything for reserves/u18 or cups

Concerning: eng.xml

What ties the fixture rules to specific competitions?

For example;

ENG_FIXTURE_RULES_CUP doesn't appear to have anything tieing it too, say, the FA Cup

I notice the leagues appear to work by the use of Highest/Lowest Division Level, but not seeing anything for reserves/u18 or cups

This is specified in the competition setup.

E aí galera. esta liga é baseada na MRT90.

Peguei a liga deles como exemplo para dar uma estudada no editor, fiz alguns ajustes ao meu gosto,

Não mexi com reputação e transferências.

2ªas e 3ªas Estaduais na mesma aba q as da 1ª Estadual, ou seja, passou o mouse pra mudar de liga, ela estão sequenciais.

Recopa SUL-Brasileira na mesma aba que as copas estaduais.

NÃO tem campeonatos sub-20 como copa sp e copa BH e nem o brasileiro sub-20. Talvez no futuro.

EM BREVE posto o link aqui para vocês.

Outra coisa que eu vou deixar em aberto no tópico é para vocês escolherem 5 estaduais por pessoa que devem ter todas as divisões. A idéia é não deixar a liga mto pesada na hora de jogar. Uma semana é o tempo pra postarem, depois vou contar e ver quais são as eleitas, para aí poder remover as "extras" na proxima versão.

Translating, this fu***** guy is planning to copy my hard work and use it as his own authory. That's why SI should block xml edition. Yes, some Brazilian people aren't reliable.

He's giving you credit, what's the problem? Don't know why it's so upsetting if someone uses your xml to make his own flavor and even give credit. I'm glad we can see all the XML details and learn from them. Or should SI be upset when we use their xml files as a basis for ours?

I was just curious and did load my custom league file made with nation rules and changed some settings for the nation with the Advanced Panel. And it looks like the game can handle both, the nation rules and the additional advanced rules.

I tried that as well and any competitions added using the advanced rules are ignored. Maybe you can make some changes to the nation file, but if you get a competition to work with basic nation rules enabled I'd be most interested in hearing how.

Is it possible to create clubs that will select the best players from the league, like a Serie A XI, and if it is, to create a competition that will play off say the best players from these leagues in a competition?

Is it possible to create clubs that will select the best players from the league, like a Serie A XI, and if it is, to create a competition that will play off say the best players from these leagues in a competition?

Try setting up an All-Stars cup - and if you're not sure how check the Asian J-League K-League All Stars cup setup (the file is in the download on the OP.)

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use created nation rules (for Australia) with extra divisions etc.. but to just use the Advanced Editor to get rid of the squad registration rules?

I recall reading somewhere that advanced rules and nation rules are incompatible, but my league structure is far too complicated to recreate from scratch in the advanced editor. I'm happy with my setup but the squad registration rules are playing havoc with the CPU sides so I want to get rid of them completely.

Thanks

Does anyone know with which xml command I could add "lower league teams play at home" to some stages of an existing cup and xml file?

update, just found it by setting up a test file:

<string id="draw_rules" value="lower_division_team_at_home"/>

I cannot work this advanced editor at all

Just read the opening post and download the format.zip folder.

I know how to use it KUBI.... sorry i have not made it clearer... is just that i need a step by step guide

Also the resource editor does not open the files listed in the opening post

Anyone knows of a way to "Get All Teams From Division" of last season as opposed to the current? Some clever workaround without having to modify the competition it's drawing from?

There's a method called "Get Best Teams From Division" which has a "Last Division" field. What does it do?

"Get Best Teams From Division" with checked "Last Division" will take only these teams which have set in database current and last division corresponding to yours settings in this method.

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use created nation rules (for Australia) with extra divisions etc.. but to just use the Advanced Editor to get rid of the squad registration rules?

I recall reading somewhere that advanced rules and nation rules are incompatible, but my league structure is far too complicated to recreate from scratch in the advanced editor. I'm happy with my setup but the squad registration rules are playing havoc with the CPU sides so I want to get rid of them completely.

Thanks

It's either Nation Rules or Advanced Rules.

It's either Nation Rules or Advanced Rules.

It's possible to change some rules by editing the xml file directly. I just added a working home advantage for lower league clubs rule - for a custom cup made with nation rules.

Currently trying to create a world league based on the braziliain system. Is there any way of getting the 3 highest ranked teams not playing in the acutal league system promoted to the league system and the bottom 3 teams of the league system relegated and thus have to finish the highest ranked team in the state championships to get back in?

Has anyone done so or may have the Anglo-Italian Cup?

I would do (based on that) German-Polish Cup

I cannot work this advanced editor at all
I know how to use it KUBI.... sorry i have not made it clearer... is just that i need a step by step guide

Also the resource editor does not open the files listed in the opening post

can i have an answer of how to get TV coverage to edited cup

Please

Are you familiar with Nation Rules? I would get to grips with that first. Seeing your other thread you were asking how to change a dbc to an xml.. Seems you need some more experience, because the Advanced Rules are not easy to understand.