FM2011 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

magicmastermind124

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Magic, if I want to reinstall the advanced panel in an effort to stop it from crashing so much, which files should I delete before reinstalling?

Also, should I download the file again, or can I just un-rar the previous one I downloaded?

Thanks!!

TBH mine also crashes. You can delete all the files in the format folder, they are in the download file. No need to redownload, any version should work.

I doubt this would stop the crashes however - I think this is something that we are going to have to live with. I have a habit of keeping the tasks I do within the editor to a specific point and once I have done that I reload the Database - this frees up memory and therefore makes the editor less likely to crash.

Thanks. My Format folder in the editor folder doesn't have any files in it, but the advanced panel works... strange.

While I recognise that crashes are just part and parcel of using the editor, it has gotten to the point over the past couple of days that pretty much any attempt to add top or bottom positions to a league fate would cause a crash. Until I can make those changes, my file is going nowhere!

Oh, and I think I may have found the comp errors.log in a slightly different place on my Mac (maybe because I play/installed through Steam?):

Library/Logs/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/comp errors.log

Okay, I reinstalled FM and the advanced panel and things seem a bit better now.

I asked a couple of days ago, but traffic's not been very great on here: I've got a promotion/relegation playoff that takes the playoff champion from one division versus the last-placed team in another. The fates in this promotion/relegation playoff (which is currently part of the higher competition) promotes the winner and relegates the loser. What I'm finding is that when the lower division team beats the higher division team and is promoted, it is not listed as the champion of the lower division. Instead, the top team in the regular season is declared the champion.

I suspect that this is because the fates relating to the league stage from the promotion/relegation playoff are superseding those from the lower division playoff (which declares the winner league champion).

Any suggestions around this? Can I make the promotion/relegation playoff a separate competition?

http://www.filefactory.com/file/cd7e135/n/DataUpdates_(Algeria_Advanced).dbc

Why doesn't the Algérienne Ligue Professionelle 1 schedule its matches on Fridays in this file?

Edit: I'm assuming it's something to do with TV rules. I've added the LP2 and the amateur division below that, with the same other settings but no TV rules, and both schedule the majority of their matches for Fridays as they ought to.

I've changed pretty much every date or setting I can think of to get my NACL to get scheduled in the second season (It schedules normally in the first season and then skips a year, being scheduled again in 2012).

I changed the dates so that it runs February-September (in line with MLS), and the winner is recorded (the winner actually plays in the Club World Cup that same December), but the game doesn't seem to think the competition has ended by the time the nation resets on December 27.

I tried setting December 27 as the competition set-up date as well - no luck.

I also have another cup that stops recording winners after two years, even though it keeps getting scheduled.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

I'd considered that, but what if the higher division team wins the pro/rel round? Then, a team in the higher division would be declared the winner of a division it hadn't even played in.

Take a look at the scottish leagues and how they work their promotion and relegation playoffs.

will there be any update of this past 1.91 for fm11?

Probably not.

Take a look at the scottish leagues and how they work their promotion and relegation playoffs.

Thanks, Magic. I looked at Scotland. The problem is that in Scotland (as well as Reiver's Andorra file and the South African Premier file) the winner of the league gets promoted automatically and runners-up go into promotion playoffs. So the top team is always the champion and always promoted. In my case, there's only one place up for grabs. When the fates for that cup (to promote and relegate the winner and loser) are set, they override the league champion fate.

I'll keep messing around with it and see what happens...

Hello all !! (I'm french, so, sorry for my bad english :p)

First, a little question about the advanced editor : is it possible to have it only in french language ?

And then...

I would like to create a BIG (really, really BIG !) competition in FM with the advanced editor, but I don't know how to do that exactly.

On the paper it's "simple", but... I'm not familiar with the editor.

For example :

- Create a first competition in France, with ALL french teams in the database, AND the nation of France. The winner is qualified to another competition.

- Create a second Brazil competition in Brazil, with ALL brazilians teams in the database, AND the nation of Brazil. The winner is qualified to the same competition.

- Finally create THE competition with these 2 winners, to do the final.

I do like this because the idea is to create 220 competitions (because we have 220 countries in the database), with at least 1 winner for each nation competition.

Finally, we'll have 256 teams qualified for THE final competition.

I hope i'm clear because i'm not sure about my english ^^

If someone can help me... :$

Hope someone can assist me as I'm attempting to create a realistic Australia/Hyundai A-League based on the structure already in Football Manager and have minor tweaks as per the rules and regulations for the 2010/2011 as mentioned in this link posted by the FFA http://admin.footballaustralia.com.au/site/_content/document/00001825-source.pdf (if link goes dead then the FFA have removed it).

What I'm wanting to do is create one competition with 2 stages, stage 1 is the regular season (league) and stage 2 is the finals series (cup) this cup is not like in England (FA Cup) it is similar to USA sports in which it is a playoffs/finals, unfortunately I don't know if SI Games have corrected this for 2011/12 season in FM12 so I want to at lease correct this in FM11. I know this isn't a request forum however as I don't really know where to start is the an xml file in the comps.fmf that has a structure setup similar to this so I can see how it works and what I need to do to replicate this for Australia?

The only other question I have relates to North Queensland Fury have had their license revoked so is there a way to remove them from the following season and add a youth team to Melbourne Heart for that same season?

Regards to all

Hope someone can assist me as I'm attempting to create a realistic Australia/Hyundai A-League based on the structure already in Football Manager and have minor tweaks as per the rules and regulations for the 2010/2011 as mentioned in this link posted by the FFA http://admin.footballaustralia.com.au/site/_content/document/00001825-source.pdf (if link goes dead then the FFA have removed it).

What I'm wanting to do is create one competition with 2 stages, stage 1 is the regular season (league) and stage 2 is the finals series (cup) this cup is not like in England (FA Cup) it is similar to USA sports in which it is a playoffs/finals, unfortunately I don't know if SI Games have corrected this for 2011/12 season in FM12 so I want to at lease correct this in FM11. I know this isn't a request forum however as I don't really know where to start is the an xml file in the comps.fmf that has a structure setup similar to this so I can see how it works and what I need to do to replicate this for Australia?

The only other question I have relates to North Queensland Fury have had their license revoked so is there a way to remove them from the following season and add a youth team to Melbourne Heart for that same season?

Regards to all

As to your first question about how to set-up the playoffs, the A-League isn't one of the comps that are in the comps.fmf file. But, if you go to this link on The Dugout forums (http://www.thedugout.net/community/showthread.php?t=71440&page=3), I've posted an .xml that has playoffs set up (look at the MLS set-up). The rest of the file is a work-in-progress, but that part should work.

As for removing the team. In the league section of the database there are a couple of tabs, one for "teams" and one for "registered teams for next year". You could try putting North Queensland Fury under the registered teams for next year, but not in the team section. I don't know about adding the youth team in a later year.

As to your first question about how to set-up the playoffs, the A-League isn't one of the comps that are in the comps.fmf file. But, if you go to this link on The Dugout forums (http://www.thedugout.net/community/showthread.php?t=71440&page=3), I've posted an .xml that has playoffs set up (look at the MLS set-up). The rest of the file is a work-in-progress, but that part should work.

As for removing the team. In the league section of the database there are a couple of tabs, one for "teams" and one for "registered teams for next year". You could try putting North Queensland Fury under the registered teams for next year, but not in the team section. I don't know about adding the youth team in a later year.

Thanks for that however I don't have an account on that website, is there a way for me to get my hands on your save?

Regards

Thanks for that however I don't have an account on that website, is there a way for me to get my hands on your save?

Regards

Apologies. I didn't realise you could only browse, not download, without an account. I'm at work at the moment, but I'll post something for you when I get home.

It's free sign-up to that forum, by the way.

I need help :)

Turkish Premier Division has changed its structure and now the champion will be decided according to playoff matches which will be played top 4 teams in regular season.

I created the playoff system very well and it works.

But strangely there is an error in Europa League fixtures. They play group matches in August. And Turkish teams couldnt enter European Competitions. What may cause this? And how can I fix?

I need help :)

Turkish Premier Division has changed its structure and now the champion will be decided according to playoff matches which will be played top 4 teams in regular season.

I created the playoff system very well and it works.

But strangely there is an error in Europa League fixtures. They play group matches in August. And Turkish teams couldnt enter European Competitions. What may cause this? And how can I fix?

No Turkish teams enter Champions/Europa League? It might be because those competitions no longer know which teams to add from Turkey since the league structure has been changed.

You might be able to add a fate to the playoff round that indicates that the winner/runner-up/et cetera qualifies for the Champions/Europa league, but I suspect that you might have to recreate the European competitions to get them to work.

No Turkish teams enter Champions/Europa League? It might be because those competitions no longer know which teams to add from Turkey since the league structure has been changed.

You might be able to add a fate to the playoff round that indicates that the winner/runner-up/et cetera qualifies for the Champions/Europa league, but I suspect that you might have to recreate the European competitions to get them to work.

I think you are right, I cannot specify which teams will enter these competitions. I have lots of work to do then, thanks for help.

Hi everyone,

I've created a French cup and a Brazilian cup with the basic editor and all seems to work fine.

My question is : how can I do to create a third cup, with the advanced editor, which take the 2 winners of my french and brazilian cup as qualified teams ?

OK I figured it out, it is causedby only fixture crash. It is a bit silly I think but I worked on dates and the result is positive.

Now what I want to ask is how to change European qualifiers at the beginning season of the game. I think it has no deal with advanced rules but still please help :)

I should be more clear.

I'm working on Turkish Premier Division. As you might know there is a match-fixing issue going around.

What I want is Fenerbahce will be still champion but will not enter Champions League.

I've download the file there is more to it than just a click here or there, to ensure Australia works the way it does normally but modified to work better than it does now do I just create the competition or do I need to create the continent and nation rules as well?

If all I need to do is create the competition rules how do I get the xml file to replace what is already their?

Regards

If you want playoffs in and they're not a part of the Australian set-up now, you'll need to recreate the entire competition. As for the rules, I'm not too familiar with how the A-League is set-up; I know that if you start messing around with MLS, you lose the draft, all star game, et cetera.

If you're adding playoffs to the A-League, the game may no longer draw the right teams into the AFC Champions League because you've changed the system. In that case you might have to recreate the champions league to ensure the right teams get in. You'd also have to create the nation to set the transfer, fixture and discipline rules and ensure that your new A-League is the one recognised by the game.

To replace what's already in the game, you simply save the .xml, and then when you're starting a new game there's an option to change the files the game draws from (a little tick box on that little window that pops up when you select a new game). From there, you're taken to a screen that lists all the custom databases on your computer. Select the one you've edited and hit continue and there you go.

If you want playoffs in and they're not a part of the Australian set-up now, you'll need to recreate the entire competition. As for the rules, I'm not too familiar with how the A-League is set-up; I know that if you start messing around with MLS, you lose the draft, all star game, et cetera.

If you're adding playoffs to the A-League, the game may no longer draw the right teams into the AFC Champions League because you've changed the system. In that case you might have to recreate the champions league to ensure the right teams get in. You'd also have to create the nation to set the transfer, fixture and discipline rules and ensure that your new A-League is the one recognised by the game.

To replace what's already in the game, you simply save the .xml, and then when you're starting a new game there's an option to change the files the game draws from (a little tick box on that little window that pops up when you select a new game). From there, you're taken to a screen that lists all the custom databases on your computer. Select the one you've edited and hit continue and there you go.

Seeing how much goes into recreating a working league and the limited information SI provide when reviewing the standard editor this project might be better started once FM12 is released, I just wish SI actually listens to the fans of the series and change league structures when we know that they use is incorrect.

Regards

The A-League Final Series issue isn't SI's problem, unfortunately. They have a licence from the A-League which allows them to include the league, real players and teams etc in the game, and part of this licence is that the Finals Series must be a seperate competition.

I have idea why this is, but apparently that's how the Australian FA sees it. It's also why the A-League is the only competition treated this way. If you check any other league with playoffs(MLS, Mexico etc), they aren't done in this fashion.

Can anyone have a look at this? It's a gigantic file and you might need help deciphering it, but I'd love a fresh set of eyes looking at this. I'm trying to recreate the whole portuguese structure so that I have a good idea of what to do once FM12 comes out, but for some reason when I load the last tier (last 9 competitions) the game crashes on start up. What the hell did I do wrong/miss?

http://www.mediafire.com/?um5oxmwfl36g19a

EDIT - it should be loaded with 11.2 database.

I was going to take a look, but I don't have 11.2, sorry.

I'm playing around with Apertura/Clausura style competitions at the moment, fraudiay's Ecuador/Paraguay files were extremely useful. I've got the Liga Nacional de Guatemala set up accurately, with both championships having 6 team playoff systems after the league stage. The only problem is that the game only stores the winners and runners-up of the Clausura; it recognises the Apertura winners in the club's landmarks, but not in the league history or on the club's competition page.

Not a huge issue, as it's not a big problem to add in a playoff between the 2 winners, but I'd be interested to know if anyone has found a way to store both winners.

EDITING REQUEST FOR DEMOCRATIC EUROPEAN CLUB COMPETITIONS:

Hi all you FM fans,

I'm one of those not so advanced users, who likes to "pimp" the game with new graphics, but just doesn't know how to edit.

I'v tried for hours and hours, and I'm getting nowhere. I have searched the FM-fansites for a custom database of my liking, but surprisingly enough nobody seems to have created the not so advanced (I guess) database I'd like to see.

So now I'm posting a request here. I don't think I'm the only on who'd like the following, which is an attempt at democratizing the European football - i.e. giving the smaller nations a chance to compete with the giants of club football.

1. A Champions League that is only for the league champions. One team from Enlgand, one from Spain etc...

This would mean that the play-off would be slightly smaller, because of the limited number of European leagues, but the group stage can still have 32 teams. In the long term, smaller champion clubs will grow from the big prize money in the CL and will be in the race for the big players. The same amount of play-off teams that fail to qualify to the CL will still make it to the Europa League.

(2)But it will have consequences for the Europa League too. The EL will be the hardest tournament to win in the beginning, because it will now include the runner-ups and third placed teams from the big leagues. We would see Chelsea and Manchester city battling it out with Inter and Napoli, while fourth-placed Arsenal and fifth-placed Tottenham would not qualify, making the national competitions even harder.

3. To compensate this lack of continental football, let's reintroduce the Cup Winner's Cup, in it's traditional cup format: a two-legged knock-out tournament for the winners of the national cups. This would give talented but economicaly poor teams the chance to play European football, and the teams who fail to qualify for CL and EL can concentrate fully on winning the cup instead.

So, to sum up, this is what I'm looking for, but can't find:

1. Champions League for the champions only.

2. Europa League keeps it's format, but with higher placed participants.

3. A Cup Winner's Cup where 32 teams from the highest ranked leagues fight it out in a knock-out tournament.

Advantages: More diverse opponents, more surprises, more economical equality between nations and clubs in the long run.

Disadvantages: Harder national competitions, the Europa League would be harder to win than the Champions League, something that can be countered by raising the prize money in CL compared to the EL.

Thanks in advandce!

EDITING REQUEST FOR DEMOCRATIC EUROPEAN CLUB COMPETITIONS:

Hi all you FM fans,

I'm one of those not so advanced users, who likes to "pimp" the game with new graphics, but just doesn't know how to edit.

I'v tried for hours and hours, and I'm getting nowhere. I have searched the FM-fansites for a custom database of my liking, but surprisingly enough nobody seems to have created the not so advanced (I guess) database I'd like to see.

So now I'm posting a request here. I don't think I'm the only on who'd like the following, which is an attempt at democratizing the European football - i.e. giving the smaller nations a chance to compete with the giants of club football.

1. A Champions League that is only for the league champions. One team from Enlgand, one from Spain etc...

This would mean that the play-off would be slightly smaller, because of the limited number of European leagues, but the group stage can still have 32 teams. In the long term, smaller champion clubs will grow from the big prize money in the CL and will be in the race for the big players. The same amount of play-off teams that fail to qualify to the CL will still make it to the Europa League.

(2)But it will have consequences for the Europa League too. The EL will be the hardest tournament to win in the beginning, because it will now include the runner-ups and third placed teams from the big leagues. We would see Chelsea and Manchester city battling it out with Inter and Napoli, while fourth-placed Arsenal and fifth-placed Tottenham would not qualify, making the national competitions even harder.

3. To compensate this lack of continental football, let's reintroduce the Cup Winner's Cup, in it's traditional cup format: a two-legged knock-out tournament for the winners of the national cups. This would give talented but economicaly poor teams the chance to play European football, and the teams who fail to qualify for CL and EL can concentrate fully on winning the cup instead.

So, to sum up, this is what I'm looking for, but can't find:

1. Champions League for the champions only.

2. Europa League keeps it's format, but with higher placed participants.

3. A Cup Winner's Cup where 32 teams from the highest ranked leagues fight it out in a knock-out tournament.

Advantages: More diverse opponents, more surprises, more economical equality between nations and clubs in the long run.

Disadvantages: Harder national competitions, the Europa League would be harder to win than the Champions League, something that can be countered by raising the prize money in CL compared to the EL.

Thanks in advandce!

This custom db on The Dugout.net might meet your needs: http://www.thedugout.net/community/showthread.php?t=72397

Is it possible to create a league and have all matches played at a single stadium? I've created a little pre-season cup with the winners of four leagues (Russian, Norwegian, Swedish and my Canadian league) and I'd like to play one-round series between the four teams at a single venue.

When creating the league and adding the dates in the league schedule section you can choose "specific stadium" from the pull-down menu, but there's no option to indicate what that specific stadium should actually be (as far as I can tell).

Also, ideally, I would love for it to switch between the four nations from year to year. I know various competitions shift from host to host (Club World Cup comes immediately to mind), but I don't know how (if at all possible) to set this in the editor.

Is it possible to create a league and have all matches played at a single stadium? I've created a little pre-season cup with the winners of four leagues (Russian, Norwegian, Swedish and my Canadian league) and I'd like to play one-round series between the four teams at a single venue.

When creating the league and adding the dates in the league schedule section you can choose "specific stadium" from the pull-down menu, but there's no option to indicate what that specific stadium should actually be (as far as I can tell).

Also, ideally, I would love for it to switch between the four nations from year to year. I know various competitions shift from host to host (Club World Cup comes immediately to mind), but I don't know how (if at all possible) to set this in the editor.

You can specify the stadium when you select that option (a new section will open allowing you to choose the stadium).

I don't think there is a way to get the game to automatically rotate between the nations of the friendly cup, except by setting up the 4 competitions separately and telling them to run every 4 years.

So guys, here I am trying to create some more international tournaments, mediterranean games etc. I've downloaded the file and attempted to read the forum but I am clue less. Any help, maybe a step by step guide?

I'd get to grips with creating competitions and league systems using Nation Rules first before moving on to the Advanced Rules.

SI provide competition files in the comps.fmf archive, which you can download on the first post - if you open these files with the editor it will give you an insight to how the files need to be set up. Have a look at the files in the eng, sco and fre folders to start off with, they are the most helpful.

I'm trying to make the Arab CL using the standard editor. When I select the nations it adds them from the team that finished top, so for example the Tunisian team it enters is the champions even though the champions also enter the CAF CL, how do I make it go to the next team that hasn't qualified for the CAF CL?

I'm trying to make the Arab CL using the standard editor. When I select the nations it adds them from the team that finished top, so for example the Tunisian team it enters is the champions even though the champions also enter the CAF CL, how do I make it go to the next team that hasn't qualified for the CAF CL?

I think that has to do with how you rank the competitions and what importance you place on each one. If you leave the teams selected from each nation the same and then set the importance of the competition to "continental competition - low" in the competition section, the Tunisian champion should rank the CAF CL as more important as the Arab CL and skip the competition, leaving the Arab CL to select the second-best Tunisian team.

You can specify the stadium when you select that option (a new section will open allowing you to choose the stadium).

I don't think there is a way to get the game to automatically rotate between the nations of the friendly cup, except by setting up the 4 competitions separately and telling them to run every 4 years.

Magic, this is the screen I'm on:

screenshot20110912at610.png

I'm not sure if I'm just completely missing something, or if you were thinking of another screen, because I don't see an option to select the specific stadium.

I see what you mean. For cup games the ability to choose the stadium is there.

It's probably just missing a few lines in the xml code to get the option to show up (SI probably didn't get round to putting them in).

If you navigate to tools\editor\data\format\rule group and select league schedule.xml, navigate to the section for stadium rules which should look like this:

<!-- stadium rules -->
                       <record>
                           <flags id="field" value="stadium_rules"/>
                           <flags id="name_not_translated" value="Stadium"/>
                           <flags id="type" value="enum"/>
                           <flags id="hint" value="The stadium rules for this date"/>
                           <boolean id="is_optional" value="true"/>
                           <flags id="enum_values" value="strl"/>
                           <list id="dependencies">
                               <record field="main_stage_name" exists="false"/>
                               <record field="sub_stage_name" exists="false"/>
                               <record field="info_1" exists="false"/>
                               <record field="info_2" exists="false"/>
                           </list>
                       </record>    

Below this entry add the following code:

<!-- specified stadium -->
                       <record>
                           <flags id="field" value="stadium"/>
                           <flags id="name_not_translated" value="Specific Stadium"/>
                           <flags id="type" value="database_record_unique_id"/>
                           <flags id="database_table_type" value="stadium"/>
                           <boolean id="is_optional" value="true"/>
                           <list id="dependencies">
                               <record field="stadium_rules" equals="specific"/>
                           </list>
                       </record>

Save and reload the editor, and you'll have the ability to select a specific stadium. Not sure if it works in the game though.

Thanks, Magic! I'll let you know once I've run a test.

Another question: I know that to set up international club competitions you need to create a continent and set it as blank. I see that Paulgerty has managed to do this in his file, but whenever I create a new list item and switch it to continent, Africa is listed as a default and I only have the option to search, rather than to also select "none". Is there something specific I need to search for to set it as blank?

Hi everybody,

I have extracted the comps.fmf file (11.3 version) to edit eng_prm.xml file.

In this file, I've edited "League Settings" >> "Sub Rules". Or "Prize money".

But when I start a new game with this modified file, nothing changes...

I don't understand because I've edited other files, like fixture rules 6 to remove the 25 man squad rule, and it works fine.

Edit : problem solved ^^ I've found that I must enter a greater number in the "Version" of the file to override.

I see what you mean. For cup games the ability to choose the stadium is there.

It's probably just missing a few lines in the xml code to get the option to show up (SI probably didn't get round to putting them in).

If you navigate to tools\editor\data\format\rule group and select league schedule.xml, navigate to the section for stadium rules which should look like this:

Save and reload the editor, and you'll have the ability to select a specific stadium. Not sure if it works in the game though.

I was able to get the function to load in the editor, but when the game was actually run, the games were scheduled at the national stadiums of each country rather than at the club's stadium, which had been the case previously.

Thanks for doing a bit of behind-the-scenes coding work for me, anyway, Magic!!

I think that has to do with how you rank the competitions and what importance you place on each one. If you leave the teams selected from each nation the same and then set the importance of the competition to "continental competition - low" in the competition section, the Tunisian champion should rank the CAF CL as more important as the Arab CL and skip the competition, leaving the Arab CL to select the second-best Tunisian team.

Clearly I am blind, I can't see the importance option anywhere?

I find myself forgetting even the least complicated things about advanced editing, including the setting of number of teams that win promotion/relegation. For example, in the Spanish Segunda Division B, 4 teams of each child competition will be relegated automatically, and 2 more will get relegated through a playoff involving 4 teams from the 4 divisions. I set the relegation playoff as the stage 1 of Segunda Division B1. Should I set the maximun number of relegation to 5 or 18? Or will it be fine if I just leave it blank?

Archived