FM2011 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

magicmastermind124

Well, I've tried to test my advanced database down to the Dutch Hoofdklasse (Tier 4), but that has not worked out at all...

With the advanced editor, I've created a database that comes very close to the real deal, including play-offs in competition-style, followed by play-offs in an cup-structure. When I tried to test on Saturday, the game didn't recognize the database. After that first disappointment, I altered some data and saved it in a new file, and tried again.

And from that moment, everything went haywire...

FM11 refused to start up properly, and the editor also broke down. I tried to re-install things, but both programs continu to give start-up crashes. So back to the drawing-board...

When I'm at home, I will try to upload my database, so that someone (or everyone) can look at my database, have a good laugh about it and then tell me what I'm doing wrong.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Magic, I tried, but failed to resolve the problem. You have the link of the older versions of the advanced panel? Before I could use, but I kept switching between the advanced and "normal" and then I could not use the most advanced, on account of which I can not select the league you want to edit. Perhaps with an older version I can use.

I tried everything just now. FM reinstalled, tried with patch 11.0, 11.1, 11.1.1, with and without updating the data folder, the folder with the update format folder of the dates of 11/08, 30/10 and higher, and the problem persists.

What should I be doing wrong?

My problem: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

You'd have to start again if you're going to use the Advanced Rules as it is incompatible with Nation Rules.

Oh, okay, thanks for letting me know.

What about editing the .xml? Any ideas if I can add into that? I’d a fish around and I can identify the script for my Group-based Play-Offs. I can also see the coding for a knock-out style/home and away play-off as well.

Any ideas if it would work if I took the “home/away” coding from the knock-out comp and added it to the coding for my Group?

You haven't put it in the list of competitions.

You've set it up but unless you refer to it in the Nation List the game won't load it up. Click on Competitions above Reserve Leagues and add it in.

Thanks! I knew it would be something silly...

However, even though it appears in the game now, it doesn't create the schedule for the competition. Could you have another look please?

What about editing the .xml? Any ideas if I can add into that? I’d a fish around and I can identify the script for my Group-based Play-Offs. I can also see the coding for a knock-out style/home and away play-off as well.

Any ideas if it would work if I took the “home/away” coding from the knock-out comp and added it to the coding for my Group?

Maybe it's worth trying, but why not create a new league with the advanced editor, set up a play-off with home/away matches, identify the script for that in the .xml-file and than try to add a simular system in your .xml-file?

Instead of trying 'in the blind' to alter things manually.

It was something as stupid as having deleted a stage in the middle so I had a stage 0 and a stage 2. I made sure there were fate actions for the champions and all rankings were correct and still it wouldn't record. Then I made something as simple as changing stage 2 to stage 1 and it worked.

i'm having a different problem, the seeding isn't working for the endof season playoff. It should grab the teams that finished in second and third in each group first, and then add the top teams, but it seems to be getting them randomly. This is how I have it:

a062f4046dad0f3b10cda84007e8c379.png

I have two versions of editor installed right now.

One of them has no "Advanced Rules" List. However, in regular editing mode, I have features like Add mid-season break, create custom u18 division/cup etc...

In the other version of the editor, I just installed the Advanced Rules downloads, and half the features that used to be in the regular part of the editor seem to have been deleted. I basically can't do much of anything in the normal "nation rules" area - no custom u18 teams, no restricting player age to u-22 etc.. etc.. but some of these features are available in the advanced rules.

Is the advanced rules version installed incorrectly, ie: Am I still supposed to be able to create custom U18 Divisions in the normal nation rules section of the game using this advanced rules package?

When I'm at home, I will try to upload my database, so that someone (or everyone) can look at my database, have a good laugh about it and then tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Here's a link to my database. Please don't look at the things that aren't filled in yet. Just look at the league fate actions. I need to know if those league fate actions are correctly.

To understand it properly, here's a brief explanation of how the promotion and relegation works:

Eredivisie <-> Eerste Divisie:

Nr. 18 of the Eredivisie is relegated directly, Nr. 1 of the Eerste Divisie is promoted directly.

Nr. 9 of the Eerste Divisie plays a "best-of-three" against the nr. 6 (winner is A), the nr. 8 against the nr. 7 (winner is B).

Winners of those matches play against the nrs. 16 (A, winner is C) and 17 (B, winner is D) of the Eredivisie in a best-of-three. Nr. 2 plays against nr. 5(winner is E), Nr. 3 against nr. 4 (winner is F)in a best-of-three.

In the final play-off (best of three), C plays against F and D against E. Winners of those matches go the the Eredivisie, rest of the teams to the Eerste Divisie.

Eerste Divisie <-> Topklasse:

Nr. 18 of the Eerste Divisie is relegated directly to one of the Topklasse-competitions. Which one depends on the Topklasse-team that is promoted. If the promoted team played in the Saturday-competition, the relegated team will play in that competition. Same story if the Sunday-team gets promoted.

To define which team wins promotion, the champions of the Saturday-Topklasse and Sunday-Topklasse play against eachother in a home-and-away cup-tie. Winner gets promoted, loser stay in their league.

Topklasse <-> Hoofdklasse:

Nrs. 14, 15 and 16 of each Topklasse are relegated directly. The nrs. 1 of each Hoofdklasse are promoted directly.

Nrs. 2, 3 and 4 of each Hoofdklasse play against eachother in a round robin competition. Winners enter the final play-off stage.

The 3 winners of the Saturday play-off and the nr. 13 of the Saturday-Topklasse play against eachother. The first round is a home-and-away cup tie, the final is a one leg match on neutral territory (mostly a pitch that lies between the two finalists cities). Winner earns a spot in the Saturday-Topklasse.

Same procedure applies to the Sunday-league.

The Dutch system is more than those 4 Tiers, but I've only created those 4 so far.

Edit: Never mind. I've deleted the downloadlink because I found a competition structure that is built with the advanced editor and seems to work. I will first look into that structure and learn lessons from that database.

Seeing that there are still problems with the Advanced Rules and other parts of the editor not working as expected I'll be releasing another update soon.

This won't be a .rar file but it will be the xml files that have been altered to activate the Advanced Rules.

This should mean that other files are not affected and you should not have any issues. For now,if you have steam verify the local files to reset the editor files.

I can't even get a playoff between the divisions, added as a separate competition (using the parent competition didn't help).

Could you have a look at the fate actions to see if I configured it correctly?

There is a playoff in each regional division (Israeli A League North/South) between positions 2-5. The 2 winners are supposed to meet each other and then the winner faces the 14th positioned team from the Israeli National League (2nd tier).

The first playoff stage (regional) is played but the decider match is never played, even though it is scheduled in the game.

I suppose that there is something wrong with the Fate Actions?

My file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hyiqrg

Does the mls come in a xml in the game? I want to look at how to make conferences.

EDIT - if anyone know how the ask competitions for groups work, I might have a way of doing it.

It does, but from what I've heard the game crashes when you change the version number and load the file up in the game. I'd assume some of it is hardcoded so that's why it breaks the game but it will still show the conferences.

There is a League Team order in the xml which isn't shown in the game other that one line that can't be edited inside the editor. This is probably to make it easier for SI to create the fixtures.

Looking at the mls file, I see nowhere where the actual groups would be defined. Back to square one. It's annoying when I already have 2 projects whiskers away from being done but then there's these small tidbits you just can't seem to make work.

Looking at the mls file, I see nowhere where the actual groups would be defined. Back to square one. It's annoying when I already have 2 projects whiskers away from being done but then there's these small tidbits you just can't seem to make work.

I was able to put teams where I wanted them by specifying them in order, instead of using Get All Teams from Division from MLS. That might not be the best way, but it works. Of course, I only tested with two groups.

Perhaps an easy question for some of you. First I tried making the league using normal "editor" - but I coulden't do all I wanted to do, so I switched to the advanced editor. I wan't the league to have minimum stadium capacity, minimum seatings (as in real life) and two match days, not just one as it is standard. And some more I coulden't find in the normal editor. However, some problems have arisen.

1. I try to set "Homegrown" and squad rules rules as they are in real life in Norway, but they are completely ignored when starting the game. Both max players in squad and number of Homegrown at club/nation are beeing ignored. IRL there are even stricter rules in 2011 then it was in 2010, only 9 non-home-grown players are allowed in a squad of 25. I just wan't this reflected in the game.

2. I want the league to always play a round the 16th of may, each year. Under "League Schedule" and the tab "Dates" I set it up, but this is also ignored?

I plan on doing the league down to level 6 or more. However, I have now stopped at level 1 because of this problem. Anyone have any tips on these 2 problems?

Feel free to download my file to check it out if you wan't: http://www.mediafire.com/?uhz7m1vcmbbqu7g

Managed to get a Liechtenstein Cup working with the advanced panel, but a couple of things I'd like to finetune if anyone can help:

1) The 4 semi finalists from the previous year seem to get a bye to the quarter final- is this something I can set by using 'fates'?

2) Matchdays are played similar to Champions League (i.e. some Tuesday, some Wednesday)- do I use 'offest dates' to achieve this?

Thanks in advance...

Managed to get a Liechtenstein Cup working with the advanced panel, but a couple of things I'd like to finetune if anyone can help:

2) Matchdays are played similar to Champions League (i.e. some Tuesday, some Wednesday)- do I use 'offest dates' to achieve this?

you have to set it in "leg index" , (TV dates tab)

Could someone upload original editor without advanced rules panels?

I assume that if you install the 11.2.0 patch it will reinstall the editor and remove the advanced rules panel. Having said that, it doesn't matter - you could just not use it, and it has the same effect as reinstalling it.

When I installed 11.2.0 my editor did not work correctly, I had a white screen and the text was everywhere, and the editor unusable. I had to go to User/Me/AppData/Roaming/Sports Interactive and delete the Editor 2011 folder. Once I had done this the editor was fixed but all the settings were set to default.

If anyone is having a problem with their editor I'd suggest trying this.

When I installed 11.2.0 my editor did not work correctly, I had a white screen and the text was everywhere, and the editor unusable. I had to go to User/Me/AppData/Roaming/Sports Interactive and delete the Editor 2011 folder. Once I had done this the editor was fixed but all the settings were set to default.

If anyone is having a problem with their editor I'd suggest trying this.

I've had no problems using the editor and advanced panels since installing 11.2 Patch.... n.b. I'm still working with Advanced Panels v1.4

I'm desperate and really need help! Don't mean to bump a question like this, but I cannot get this to work:

I add teams in the database, and they all seems ok, however, when loading up the game, they are nowhere to be seen and is instead replaced by premier division teams. http://www.mediafire.com/?1zbaoo4y98hdgq2 (the file compressed)

The following teams (from these divisions) are missing when I start a game (allthough they are in the database and everything seems ok) - they are instead replaced with Odd Grenland, Rosenborg, Vålerenga, Stabæk and such teams from the Norwegian Premier Division.

4. Divisjon Oslo 1

- Heggedal

4. Divisjon Oslo 2

- Jardar

- Høybråten/Stovner

- OSI

- Ready

4. Divisjon Oslo 3

- Rustad

- Svett

- Veitvet

I'm really frustrated about this and would very much apreciate some help in this.

What about editing the .xml? Any ideas if I can add into that? I’d a fish around and I can identify the script for my Group-based Play-Offs.

There are some easy direct editing, but for the more complicated ones you will need a template. I managed to add home advantage for lower league clubs in my cup competition, by adding:

<string id="draw_rules" value="lower_division_team_at_home"/>

to the cup rounds. That works perfect.

I have a question for you: I have a league with 25 teams, but only 24 teams participate in the first phase because of the previous season's winner has already qualified to the second stage. How can I not to participate in the first stage, the winner of the previous season?

Help please. I followed your instructions to install the advanced panels to the letter and now my editor crashes as soon as I try to change anything. I installed through steam and was wondering if there is any place where I can get a copy of the editor to get it back. Any help appreciated.

I have a question for you: I have a league with 25 teams, but only 24 teams participate in the first phase because of the previous season's winner has already qualified to the second stage. How can I not to participate in the first stage, the winner of the previous season?

could you help me?

Ahrgh... Nevermind the previous problem, I cannot even use the Advanced panels anymore. All of a sudden it's disappeared and I tried reinnstalling, but still... Gone!

(Fixed it - all I had to do was to download the alternative file in the first page... Feeling a bit stupid, but glad it's working now, at least the panels.)

I can't even get a playoff between the divisions, added as a separate competition (using the parent competition didn't help).

Could you have a look at the fate actions to see if I configured it correctly?

There is a playoff in each regional division (Israeli A League North/South) between positions 2-5. The 2 winners are supposed to meet each other and then the winner faces the 14th positioned team from the Israeli National League (2nd tier).

The first playoff stage (regional) is played but the decider match is never played, even though it is scheduled in the game.

I suppose that there is something wrong with the Fate Actions?

My file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hyiqrg

Can anyone try and have a look at my file and see why the Israeli A League Promotion Playoff won't schedule in the game?

In Nation, are you using Required Teams at all?

Thanks! That was the issue! I feel I have poluted this thread with so many similar and "stupid" questions. Feel free to delete my posts if you wish (to any moderator) - But again, thank you! This was the issue, perhaps the teams had too low reputation or something, since they weren't loaded.

Archived