Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

magicmastermind124

FM2011 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

hey people,

can anyone help me? ive created a australian league and it works and loads fine and ive also got the j-league db and that too works and loads fine. but when i load the two db's my australian one has a arrowe next to it and isnt loadable...?

ive merged the two together and tried that but it wont work either?

anyone have a solution?

Which kinds of files are they? Are they created using regular nation rules or advanced nation rules?

Simple question, best way of setting uo the fate actions of a playoff between second to last of a league and the second of the league below?

How do I do this?

In working with the advanced editor, I have run into a minor problem. I have created a number of African, Asian, South American leagues that were not present in the game, but the problem I am having with is the start date of the competition. Even though some competitions start in Jan-Feb (i.e. J-League), when I go to start a new game, it only gives me the option of starting in July 2010. Is there something I'm doing incorrectly? I have set the season update day to Jan 1 for the nation. With the competitions, I have them starting from Feb. till Nov., yet it is still the same problem. Any help would be appreciated. By the way, if you guys are interested in the files, I'll post them.

Leagues created/activated using advanced panel-

South America:

Paraguay (opening and closing stages working properly)

Venezuela

Ecuador (opening and closing stages working properly)

Hi good to see someone create some South American competitions... you might be interested in contributing your work to Project GOOOOL http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233961-FM2011-Project-GOOOOL-South-amp-Central-American-Leagues which aims to be a resource for the missing South and Central American Leagues, perhaps even get a group together to work on creating realistic as possible leagues.

I've also managed to get the opening and closing stages working in my test of the Ecuador league... have you managed to get the accumulated points table and end of season play off between the two stage winners to function correctly?

I've noticed with the Paraguay league that the game set up is July rather than Jan, but I can't work out how to change this, so if anyone has any ideas I'd also like to hear.

It is just important to make correct IDs, and to connect them with specific competition. Names are unimportant. I use to change names to real ones. Then I make each league separately, just to have various teams, and run all those leagues.

So, make a top level for every country you want a team from, check ID's match......and then go on as normal?

Hi good to see someone create some South American competitions... you might be interested in contributing your work to Project GOOOOL http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233961-FM2011-Project-GOOOOL-South-amp-Central-American-Leagues which aims to be a resource for the missing South and Central American Leagues, perhaps even get a group together to work on creating realistic as possible leagues.

I've also managed to get the opening and closing stages working in my test of the Ecuador league... have you managed to get the accumulated points table and end of season play off between the two stage winners to function correctly?

I've noticed with the Paraguay league that the game set up is July rather than Jan, but I can't work out how to change this, so if anyone has any ideas I'd also like to hear.

i believe so. I created a separate stage which processes the results from the opening and closing stages into one table. I also use that stage to determine which teams get relegated. here is a link to the file: http://www.filefront.com/17614921/Americas.dbc

take a look at the nation (Ecuador) pre-season period in my file. that should solve your other problem regarding the start date of the league

So, make a top level for every country you want a team from, check ID's match......and then go on as normal?

Yes. Here is my OFC Champions League made as it is in real life. There is also OFC Nations Cup revamped, so you can take a look.

LINK FOR DOWNLOAD

I'm sorry but I do not speak English very well, I'm Brazilian. I'm using Google translator.

Brazil is divided into 27 states and I'm trying to dismember one of them, São Paulo, to become one country. To do so, the steps that follow:

-> In the border countries, created a new country (São Paulo)

-> In tabs clubs, cities and people moved to the new nationality for the country (São Paulo)

-> I adjusted all the national competitions in Brazil, not to give error (I really do not get an error I can carry the league in Brazil usually)

-> In the advanced rules, the rules have created the country's Sao Paulo

Under File -> Details appears that all countries are compatible with the current database.

Now my problem: When loading the xml, the FM returns no error, the xml loads normally, but when choosing the teams are not provided in the national championship in Sao Paulo that I created, just show your selections.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Can anyone help me please?

I read parts of the thread and have a question.

Israel files aren't available with the comps.fmf file, so I am working blindly around the 2nd division (lowest represented in the game).

Here is the situation I'm trying to simulate:

At the end of the regular season, Israeli 3rd divisions (2 regional divisions - north and south) have an inner play-off (of each regional division) between the teams that finished 2-5 (1st team is promoted automatucally).

The 2 winners (1 from each regional division) meet for another game and the winner between these will play against the 14th positioned team from the Israeli National League (2nd division) for the promotion to the Israeli National League.

Here is what I've done so far:

I have added a 2nd stage to the "Multiple Competitions" part of the Israeli A Leagues for the inner-playoff calling the teams that finished 2-5.

I have added a 3rd stage to the "Multiple Competitions" part of the Israeli A Leagues for the inter-playoff match with "Get Qualified Teams From Stage" (2nd stage) of both divisions.

The question I now have remaining is how to connect between the winner of the 3rd stage and the 14th position team from the Israeli National League. Obviously this is already implemented in the game.

I read parts of the thread and have a question.

Israel files aren't available with the comps.fmf file, so I am working blindly around the 2nd division (lowest represented in the game).

Here is the situation I'm trying to simulate:

At the end of the regular season, Israeli 3rd divisions (2 regional divisions - north and south) have an inner play-off (of each regional division) between the teams that finished 2-5 (1st team is promoted automatucally).

The 2 winners (1 from each regional division) meet for another game and the winner between these will play against the 14th positioned team from the Israeli National League (2nd division) for the promotion to the Israeli National League.

Here is what I've done so far:

I have added a 2nd stage to the "Multiple Competitions" part of the Israeli A Leagues for the inner-playoff calling the teams that finished 2-5.

I have added a 3rd stage to the "Multiple Competitions" part of the Israeli A Leagues for the inter-playoff match with "Get Qualified Teams From Stage" (2nd stage) of both divisions.

The question I now have remaining is how to connect between the winner of the 3rd stage and the 14th position team from the Israeli National League. Obviously this is already implemented in the game.

Quick update: I got the regional playoffs to work properly, but I can't get a match between the 2 winners (even before the deciding match with the team from Israeli National League).

Can someone please give an uploadfile for a database that is made with the Advanced Editor and includes play-offs between two divisions? I can't seem to get the league fate actions to work properly on my database.

Actually, when I try to load my database in the game, I can't even select the nation that is involved in my database.

I've added Nation rules with the Advanced Editor. Should I make a separate .xml-file of those notaion rules, or can I add them in the database-file with the rules for the competitions?

Can someone please give an uploadfile for a database that is made with the Advanced Editor and includes play-offs between two divisions? I can't seem to get the league fate actions to work properly on my database.

I currently need exactly the same thing

You have to set up the playoff as an own competition that is scheduled after the two divisions have finished.

So we need to create a new competition for that?

Do you happen to know what I should do in order to get the winner of that game to play against the 14th positioned team of the upper division? That playoff already exists in the game, but with my file it isn't scheduled, since there is probably no team from the 3rd division sent to it.

You have to set up the playoff as an own competition that is scheduled after the two divisions have finished.

what is "lower divs top playoff teams" for ?

can you please be a bit more descriptive ?

thanks

I am aware of that, and I've set up this "competiton" (or cup). But for some reason, the game doesn't recognize the database.

For me to know what I'm doing wrong, I need to have a reference point.

I now no longer have access to the section called List but a section I've never seen before called Advanced Rules, am I meant to have one, or both of these?

Sounds like you've installed my version for last year's. It's the same thing but I would download the file in this thread and install it instead.

(It's the same thing, all I've done is changed a section in formal.xml which gives the name for the section. By default it is called List.)

even if we do it like that, how do we set the fate actions at the end of it?

http://www.filefront.com/17629067/Champions League.xml

Trying to create A European Cup involving all the nations in Europe - 2-legged knockout involving the league winners from 52 of the 53 leagues in Europe.

Also created a UEFA Cup with 106 teams from the 53 leagues, one from the league and one from the cup winner. Game crashes when I try to create it at the cups stage.

Also England disappears as an option to select as a league to run, despite not changing anything in the English leagues.

Does someone want to have a look at it and tell me where I've gone wrong?

Thanks in advance.

I'm giving up on recreating the UEFA comps I have tried all sorts of things but no luck unless some of SI people give us a file whit the continent set up then there is no chance I'm going to solve this (if any one has had some luck whit this please share your file)

Just a quick question.... Is it possible to put a rule in the English Premier Division to make it so that clubs are only allowed 5 non-british players in the playing squad (no matter what the age)

Using the Advanced Rules, yes. Follow the instructions on page 1 where someone has asked how to remove the squad registration rules, and while you are there, add whatever rules you want in.

You'll also find in the eng.xml file I specify that there are a lot more options like transfer windows etc which I notice you've mentioned in another thread. Hopefully this will sort out your issue.

Using the Advanced Rules, yes. Follow the instructions on page 1 where someone has asked how to remove the squad registration rules, and while you are there, add whatever rules you want in.

You'll also find in the eng.xml file I specify that there are a lot more options like transfer windows etc which I notice you've mentioned in another thread. Hopefully this will sort out your issue.

Thanks, I have managed to do it now, will be interesting to see what happens..

I'm having some issues with setting TV dates by setting matches to move from the normal Sunday slot to either Friday or Saturday games.

I've tried all various combinations with the the League Schedule 'TV Dates' tab but to no avail???

Do the TV dates need to be set within a certain stage of the competition?

Latest file v11.17.0 uploaded to Project GOOOOL basecamphq

So I am trying this one because I wan't to make the cup more realistic with not selecting various clubs 2 and 3 teams in lower divisions. I made a "standard" nations-file for the league, and used the Advanced editor for the cup - It all seems well, however, I cannot select Norway when choosing leagues (says something about 20 teams in Premier Division or something, however, it's only 16)

File 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?dhqg5i4a6f263v4 (just the cup, made using the advanced editor)

File 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?5k2pwa222kxbc82 (the league and all other things)

I'm having some issues with setting TV dates by setting matches to move from the normal Sunday slot to either Friday or Saturday games.

I've tried all various combinations with the the League Schedule 'TV Dates' tab but to no avail???

Do the TV dates need to be set within a certain stage of the competition?

Latest file v11.17.0 uploaded to Project GOOOOL basecamphq

Only you and I have access to that site, unless you invite someone else in...:)

The file seems to be set up OK but you've set it to move big matches, have you tried other settings? Also try putting the Friday TV date in the Match Days section.

Question 1) If I've got two groups of six teams where the top three in each group qualify for a Championship group and the bottom three qualify for a Classification group. Is the "correct" way to accomplish that to set 3 teams to qualify for top playoff and the other 3 teams set to qualify for bottom playoff. And then create another stage with the Championship playoff and creating another stage with the Classification group. I got it to work from what I can see properly, but I wonder if there is a better solution. The only annoying thing from my solution I have noticed is that all teams get a "Pl" tag in the league table

Question 2a) Same setup as above, but in addition to the two legs the teams play against all other teams in their group, I want each team to play two legs vs ONE of the teams in the other group. Do I need to create another stage and then add it as extra league games, or is there a better solution?

Question 2b) If creating the intergroup games as another stage, should I set it as a cup (a la 1 two-legged round with 6 matchups) or group (6 groups of two teams playing twice)

Question 3) I noticed you could get league groups selected on a north-south basis, but I couldn't find west-east basis, am I missing something or is it missing in the editor?

Question 4) Under file type Competition, there is a section called 'League Team Order'. I tried add and got a section called Team(0) but it doesn't like I can do anything with it?

That is strange.

Try using my data.rar file in the OP and install that to see if the problem is fixed.

Unfortunately it did not work. Does the advanced panel does not work with 11.1.1 patch?

It does... (I have no idea how to help though...)

So we need to create a new competition for that?

Do you happen to know what I should do in order to get the winner of that game to play against the 14th positioned team of the upper division? That playoff already exists in the game, but with my file it isn't scheduled, since there is probably no team from the 3rd division sent to it.

Can anyone help in regards of playoff between divisions under the same parent competition? As well as playoff between different level divisions' clubs?

That is strange.

Try using my data.rar file in the OP and install that to see if the problem is fixed.

And this error only happens when I try to choose the competition. I no longer know what I do!

And this error only happens when I try to choose the competition. I no longer know what I do!

Have you tried the fix to see if it solves the problem?

I have a cup where there are 3 groups. The top 2 qualify for the quarter finals, along with the 2 best third places. I've tried adding a league stage to process the results of the 3rd placed teams but the game crashes. How else can I do this?

I have a cup where there are 3 groups. The top 2 qualify for the quarter finals, along with the 2 best third places. I've tried adding a league stage to process the results of the 3rd placed teams but the game crashes. How else can I do this?

Must be a setting, as that is what I would do to get the best third place team. Make a hidden league stage and use Get League Stage teams to find the 3rd place teams. In the group stages process results into the league stage, and then in the finals stage make sure you get the team that is in the league stage - the position should be 0.

Must be a setting, as that is what I would do to get the best third place team. Make a hidden league stage and use Get League Stage teams to find the 3rd place teams. In the group stages process results into the league stage, and then in the finals stage make sure you get the team that is in the league stage - the position should be 0.

The work isn't all mine, because what I'm doing right now is taking the San Marino file I found from last year and making it work in this year's version (both cup and league would crash at specific points) - the League is sorted, but I just can't make the damn cup work. The system it had right now is nearly how you described it, except the second stage wasn't hidden.

It crashes on they day the stage that would be sorting the 3rd teams would start.

In group settings, there's a box called "extra fate places". In order, set '2', 'other', 'qualified' and '0'. Then, in the next stage, make sure to use 'get qualified teams from stage'.

I have also somehow pushed forward the day the game starts with Israel. Can't find where was that set? Would appreciate help with that as well...

In group settings, there's a box called "extra fate places". In order, set '2', 'other', 'qualified' and '0'. Then, in the next stage, make sure to use 'get qualified teams from stage'.

Thank you! It's testing now but in the rules tab it appears to be right!

Any take up on my previous post at the top of this page?

I mention that when you Merge a database with another in the editor it also merges the Advanced Rules you have set.

Possible reasons for a cup competition not registering who won - therefore not creating a new competition the following year. Fate actions and rankings both exist.

You see, the ability to set continental cup is completely useless in advanced panels...

Can anyone look at this for me: http://www.mediafire.com/file/h77vgu9u3o3g6ru/Test.xml

Coppa Titano is not recording history. It has fate actions and rankings, so I don't know what's wrong. It's the one thing that doesn't work in the whole file, everything else is sorteds and works like real life. You'll probably spot what I am missing in 2 minutes.

I'm still with the playoffs between regional divisions (same tier) and divisions (different tiers) issue.

Can someone try and look at this file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hyiqrg and let me know why isn't the Israeli A League Promotion Playoff shown in the game? I think I've set the Fate Actions and everything correctly, but this isn't portrayed in the game, causing no league fixtures to be scheduled after the 1st season (since the promotion/relegation involving Israeli A League is never resolved).

Question for you guys please. I'm setting up a League Playoff (4 teams) with top 2 getting promotion. Currently, I can only see how to make it "play each other once".

Is it possible for me to make this "play each other home and away"? Seems a bit unfair that two teams have two home games and two have two away.

Question for you guys please. I'm setting up a League Playoff (4 teams) with top 2 getting promotion. Currently, I can only see how to make it "play each other once".

Is it possible for me to make this "play each other home and away"? Seems a bit unfair that two teams have two home games and two have two away.

Sounds like you are using Nation Rules, as with Advanced Rules you can have a cup system with 2 leg playoffs, replays etc.

I'm still with the playoffs between regional divisions (same tier) and divisions (different tiers) issue.

Can someone try and look at this file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hyiqrg and let me know why isn't the Israeli A League Promotion Playoff shown in the game? I think I've set the Fate Actions and everything correctly, but this isn't portrayed in the game, causing no league fixtures to be scheduled after the 1st season (since the promotion/relegation involving Israeli A League is never resolved).

You haven't put it in the list of competitions.

You've set it up but unless you refer to it in the Nation List the game won't load it up. Click on Competitions above Reserve Leagues and add it in.

Have you tried the fix to see if it solves the problem?

Magic, I tried, but failed to resolve the problem. You have the link of the older versions of the advanced panel? Before I could use, but I kept switching between the advanced and "normal" and then I could not use the most advanced, on account of which I can not select the league you want to edit. Perhaps with an older version I can use.