The FM11 Looking For Thread

Yeah he usually wants upwards of £45k/w but with his either footed-ness and good technical stats, he makes defenders look foolish sometimes. I'd say he's definitely worth as a free agent; while other players might take a smaller contract, the lack of a transfer fee will make up for it and he can pretty much play every attacking position.

I decided to play a waiting game and hope that he wouldn't sign a new contract with O'm, and now he has no club he wantes significantly less, so thats good. Although there are a lot of clubs after him.

And yes, gervinho is someone i've looked at before, i almost got him on a free, but they sold him.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Defenders..... Guuilermo Burdisso, 800k (Only at the very start of season 2). Dont be put off by his cheap price, he is quality.

Phil Jones, 9 mil, next England CB.

Galeano 6 mil..... My Fav CB in FM.... Quality youngster.

Strikers.... Lukaku, Sanogo, Babacar or the older and more obvious Dzeko.

Wingers.... Look at Eden Hazard, Gervinho, Belhanda, Bounanotte and Zezinho

mate, we're talking leeds in the second season. As in just been promoted. I don't think Dzeko is going to fit into their wage bill unless i am mistaken. I just saw Hazard move to chelsea for £30million!

I decided to play a waiting game and hope that he wouldn't sign a new contract with O'm, and now he has no club he wantes significantly less, so thats good. Although there are a lot of clubs after him.

Just did the same on my West Ham save season 3 got to the January transfer window and Real offered 15mil for him but he has averaged 7.76 over 20 games so knocked them back. Well worth the wages. Offer a few grand more then what hes looking for.

mate, we're talking leeds in the second season. As in just been promoted. I don't think Dzeko is going to fit into their wage bill unless i am mistaken. I just saw Hazard move to chelsea for £30million!

Get Sanogo on loan. banged in 18 goals for me in second season then signed the following summer, I'm top in season 3 and he is leading prem scorer with 16 in 23 games.

Yep and he said he had 26mil to spend.

Maybe Dzeko would be ambitious and Hazard too but the thing is, with 26mil to spend, he could easily afford the likes of the players I posted and what makes you think they wouldnt go to Leeds? They are mostly young and will move to most decent prem clubs if bigger clubs dont come in for them first.

As West Ham, Ive signed 8 of the 12 players I listed in season one or two.

Club: Arsenal

Budget: GBP 70 Million

Looking for: Poacher who can consistently bang them in. Will be playing in a 4-4-2 with wingers.

Other: I currently use Tevez and RVP in the striker positions and Chamakh on a rotation/backup basis (have Bendtner, Vela, and a regen as squad players) and we're doing fine outscoring the rest by quite a margin, but neither of those players have been consistently good and I'm scared to mess with my tactic at the moment as it's working so well. I'm just looking for poacher who can consistently do well, especially in the big games.

Season: November 2011, Second Season

Club: Bristol City

Budget: 5 or 6 million

Looking for: Trequartista

With: Preferably not too young as already playing Wickham or Griffiths up top and have little experience elsewhere

Other: Playing 4-4-2 with advanced wingers

Season: 3 Summer window

Signing on Fee: N/A

Agent Fee:N/A

Club: Nottingham Forest

Budget: 400k

Looking For: Left Winger

Other: don't mind if its a player i can get on loan for a couple of months

Season: 1st season, first transfer window

Zeziinho is young but pretty good. He is also cheap but you may have to loan him.

Also, Im not sure if he is listed for loan but you could look at Bounanotte.

Looking for: Poacher who can consistently bang them in. Will be playing in a 4-4-2 with wingers.

Other: I currently use Tevez and RVP in the striker positions and Chamakh on a rotation/backup basis (have Bendtner, Vela, and a regen as squad players) and we're doing fine outscoring the rest by quite a margin, but neither of those players have been consistently good and I'm scared to mess with my tactic at the moment as it's working so well. I'm just looking for poacher who can consistently do well, especially in the big games.

Ive seen a lot of people talk about Hernandez at Man Utd as being a great poacher. Ive never tried him, I dunno his price and I dunno if he'll sign for ya but it's worth a look I think.

Club: Sparta Prague

Budget: 750k (no problem with wages)

Looking for: A simple Attacking Midfielder, with your normal creativity-passing combo, at least

Other: Younger than 30 would be ideal.

Season: August 2010, so the 1st.

eyal golasa

matej vydra

Abel Hernandez of Palermo. :)

edin dzeko. babacar. higuain but maybe hard to get him
Abel Hernandez of Palermo. :)
Ive seen a lot of people talk about Hernandez at Man Utd as being a great poacher. Ive never tried him, I dunno his price and I dunno if he'll sign for ya but it's worth a look I think.

Cheers guys!

Club: Torquay United

Budget: £200k for transfer, £3k for wages (not looking to spend all this)

Looking for: CB

With: Nothing specific

Other: A bit of experience for the level I am at. Have Michilak as my only experienced defender & 2 youngsters.

Season: September 2013 (4th season, 1st in Championship)

Agent Fee: N/A

Other: A bit of experience for the level I am at. Have Michilak as my only experienced defender & 2 youngsters.

I think his name is Craig Dawson. I think he plays for West Brom at the start of the game. Try him :thup:.

Club: Man Utd

Budget: 40mill

Looking for: 1 CM/AM, 1 cm/dm and a young, strong striker

With: creative (passing, creativity), Defensive Mind (tackling, marking, stamina)

Other:

Season: 2nd

Signing on Fee:

Agent Fee:

AMC ..... Javier Pastore or Paulo Henrique. Both quality players but will cost between 20 and 25 mil and will want key player status/wages.

A cheaper option (Altho not quite as good) would be Badelj (SP?), I think he's Croatian, at between 6/8 mil. I had him in a West Ham save and i liked him a lot.

For a home grown option, Ramsey at Arsenal is a good choice but he to is expensive to buy. Ive never had the right club/cash to sign him. In some of my saves, he is left to rot in the reserves and still signs new contracts at Arsenal.... It's a strange one but I think he'd move to Man UTD.

DMC...... Moussa Sissoko is obvious choice at betwen 10/16 mil but I like M'Villa for about the same money.

Cheaper option and one I like the look of is Nempalys Mendy probably around 8 mil. Fofana is talked about on the forums and he's aroung 3 mil at the start of the game as he is only 19.

Or you could try Jack Rodwell who is Home grown at least, but it takes a lot of cash to get Everton to sell... probably over 20 mil.

Young strong Striker ... My first choice would be Lukaku (6/8 mil) but you may prefer forum favorites, Sanogo or Babacar (Both around the 12/14 mil mark).

Home grown option would be Conor Wickham for about 3mil, Ive had him for a cople of years in a few different saves but have been unable to develop him because of the quality of my other strikers.

Thats a tough ask cos every save is different and you are 4 years in.

I had Luton in the championship in year 5 and we struggled. It was hard to sign any quality because of club rep, I'd imagine you'll have a similar problem.

In your spot, Id look at the freebies first and then at the loans..... The loanee's may be young but if they are good enough, the age don't matter. There should be some very good regens at the big 4/5 English clubs that will come on loan.... Ask assistant to do a club loan report on the reserves of these teams.

I did notice that Sunderland let Anton Ferdinand leave on a free but Im not sure what season. He entered contract talks but he wanted wages I couldn't pay. May be worth a look.

Thats a tough ask cos every save is different and you are 4 years in.

I had Luton in the championship in year 5 and we struggled. It was hard to sign any quality because of club rep, I'd imagine you'll have a similar problem.

In your spot, Id look at the freebies first and then at the loans..... The loanee's may be young but if they are good enough, the age don't matter. There should be some very good regens at the big 4/5 English clubs that will come on loan.... Ask assistant to do a club loan report on the reserves of these teams.

I did notice that Sunderland let Anton Ferdinand leave on a free but Im not sure what season. He enetered cotract talks but he wanted wages I couldn't pay. May be wort a look.

I brought someone in on loan from Coventry for 5 month until I get to January where I can then re-assess the situation. I cant remember who it is because I am at work. I dont see him staying the full season. I allowed Zak Whitbread to join a Belgian side on a season long loan with the prospect of signing a Newcastle kid for the season but I have already signed the allowed amount of under 23's which was a pain. The reason I dont want to spend wages is because I have Owen Hargreaves, Michael Brown, Jamie Ashdown, Luke Moore & Andy Carroll eating up my wage allocation.

Loan is the best option because certain players I could pay 0% of their wage. I havnt thought about doing a loan report which is a good idea. Cheers dude. It is a nightmare though with the whole club reputation like. With my wages being eaten up I had to shift all my transfer kitty over to my wages to sign Andy Carroll, then let Craig Beattie & Whitbread go just to clear some more up. I stand at making a loss each month which I why I dont want to spend much, if nothing at all. Its going to be a pain.

Cheers for the advice on doing loan reports on clubs. I have Chelsea as a parent club but they are reluctant to send me anyone to be honest.

You got some good transfer captures there mate, well done.

Ive not bought any players for Luton in 7 seasons so far, all freebies and loans ;)

I hear ya about the wages thing tho..... But It does make it harder and more realistic to play... Unlike some previous FM's where low rep clubs had a little too much clout for my liking.

That is a weird thing with Chelsea tho, I had Ipswich and they sent me some good loanee's.

Chelsea should have plenty to loan out, they have on my Luton Save, Ive even loaned a couple of them.

GL and enjoy

PS ;;;;; Watch out for Levan Kenia who I got on a free in the championship, he's great for me so far.

Club: Liverpool

Budget: 37 Mil

Looking for: Wide Midfielders

With: Good Pace and Dribbling, Crossing

Other:

Season: 1st

Left Side

Juan Manuel Vargas - Initial Value - £5.7m

Cost - About £14m

Attributes - Crossing 18, Dribbling 15, Pace 16

Ricardo Quaresma - Inital Value - £3.6m

Cost - About £14m

Attributes - Crossing 16, Dribbling 17, Pace 16

Steven Pienaar - Inital Value - £3.5m

Cost - About £6m

Attributes - Crossing 14, Dribbling 15, Pace 14

Could be tricky to sign as he plays for Everton but he is a good, solid premiership player. He won't set the world alight but he is relatively cheap and could do a good job for a few seasons.

Andres D'Alessandro - Inital Value - £3.5m

Cost - About £11m

Attributes - Crossing 15, Dribbling 16, Pace 15

Has played in the premiership in the past and didn't do brilliantly, but he was playing for a very poor Portsmouth team at the time. With better players around him he should do a great job, and he can play anywhere across midfield.

Right Side

Mehdi Carcela - Inital Value - £0.8m

Cost - About £1.5m

Attributes - Crossing 15, Dribbling 18, Pace 16

Not the most obvious choice, but he is young (21 years old) and still has plentry of room to improve. He may not be the best across the board but he has the right attributes in the right place, he is good with the ball at his feet, can deliever a good final ball into the area, is very good when given a chance on goal, and has the skills to make defenders look daft.

Jorge Valdivia - Inital Value - £4.3m

Cost - About £13m

Attributes - Crossing 14, Dribbling 18, Pace 14

There you go.

Other:

You could go for younger ones such as;

Kevin De Bruyne of AA Genk.

Iker Muiain of Athletic Bilbao.

Or the more experienced lot;

Shaun Wright-Phillips of Manchester City.

Vicente of Valnecia C.F.

Or the obvious, and very popular, choices;

Eden Hazard of LOSC Lille.

Alexis Sanchez of Udinese.

Juan Manuel Mata of Valencia C.F.

There you go mate. :thup:

Other:

You've had some very good sugguestions already but I think you could add a cople to that list.

Gervinho, Neymar and you could bring in one for the future, Galvan, to retrain him as AMR which I have done previously.

You've had some very good sugguestions already but I think you could add a cople to that list.

Galvan, to retrain him as AMR which I have done previously.

YES! Martin Galvan is a definate option, had him on my Birmingham save down the right flank on FM 2010 & he ripped Ashley Cole, Gael Clichy & Patrice Evra to bits time after time. :thup:

Club: QPR

Budget: 2.5m

Looking for: A striker who can lead the line on his own, get goals in the Championship and be good enough for the first season in the Premier League if we make it.

With: Heading, finishing, pace and the ability to hold the ball up.

Other: Preferably no older than 27, ideally younger so they can develop with the team.

Season: 1st (January transfer window)

Looking for: A striker who can lead the line on his own, get goals in the Championship and be good enough for the first season in the Premier League if we make it.

Other: Preferably no older than 27, ideally younger so they can develop with the team.

Try and get Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on loan, always seems to score quite a few in my pre-season friendlies. :thup:

Conor Wickham, 2.5mil at Ipswich. He's young so you'll have to be patient but the boy can play.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/240069-FM11-Connor-Wickham

Otherwise, Vaclav Kadlec Or Tomas Necid.

Your budget is a problem.

Look at loans maybe?

Shelvey at Liverpool looks good.

problem is city have already got 3 out of the 4 longterm u-23 loans in so he would fill up my last one which im not sure if i should, i reckon i could get a player upto 1.5m if the board can chip in

Club: Reading

Budget: £1,000,000

Looking for: Central midfielder and a versatile winger for cover.

With: Centre Mid: Creativity, Passing, Long Shots. Winger: Young, Acceleration, Pace, Crossing.

Other: Low wages would be nice, maybe a loan signing for the M C.

Season: 1st season, August.

With: Centre Mid: Creativity, Passing, Long Shots. Winger: Young, Acceleration, Pace, Crossing.

Sergey Krivets.

Henri Lansbury on loan. :thup:

Thanks for the suggestions, I tried Lansbury on loan in my Brighton save and he wasn't great for me, so I don't think he'll be up to playing in the Championship, probably to do with the physicality of the league.

And I'll have a go at signing Krivets, I think I could just about afford him.

My loan bid for Coleman failed so I need a left-back, my current one is coping but lacking physically and aging, so any loan or cheap signing suggestions would be great.

Thanks for the suggestions, I tried Lansbury on loan in my Brighton save and he wasn't great for me, so I don't think he'll be up to playing in the Championship, probably to do with the physicality of the league.

My loan bid for Coleman failed so I need a left-back, my current one is coping but lacking physically and aging, so any loan or cheap signing suggestions would be great.

Left Backs

Marco Calderoni 200k

Peter Masilela 500k

CMs

Mark Sekyere 140k

Mauricio Pereyra 130k (think his contract runs out on 31/12/10 so if your willing to wait you can get him on a free)

Roberto Firmino 250k

Tomas Horava 275k

Wingers

Sime Vrsaljko 850k (Can play RB, LB, CM and RM)

Geraldo 400k (Cortiba)

Yacine Brahimi 700k

Youssef Msakni 900k

Emmanuel-Thomas is on loan at Reading and Wickham is now rotting Man Utd's Under-18s. Any other suggestions?

Djuric maybe (Did good for me at Southampton)

Borja Baston. (Never tried him but he looks the part)

Macheda (He don't look so hot but Ive read he does well in the championship)

Atila Turan is a young LB who can do a job and has a lot of potential. You should be able to loan him.

Also look at Digne, although he is younger.

If you like loaning youngsters for cover, I think you can loan Zezinho or Housek AML first season.

problem is city have already got 3 out of the 4 longterm u-23 loans in so he would fill up my last one which im not sure if i should, i reckon i could get a player upto 1.5m if the board can chip in

OK so you may need to look abroad for a loan prospect.

Christian Eriksen can be superb, not sure if they'll loan him or that'll he'll join in the Championship but worth a try.

Alan Patrick, Levan kenia, Dentinho, Coutinho, Grenier, Kevin all turn out good but ive not tried them from the start (Except Dentinho who took a few weeks to settle)... Take a look

If you can raise some funds..... Badelj is very good and can be got for 5mil (ish)

You'd only need 1.25mil or so, over 48months to get him.

Archived