[FM11] FC United of Manchester Thread - The Red Rebels!

TacticalGenius

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of 2011-12:

Table:

bsntab.png

Results:

fcres11.png

bsnres.png

Graph:

bsngra.png

Cups:

Knocked out in 4th Qualifier of the FA Cup, knocked out of FA Trophy at 3rd Qualifier.

Team Stats:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/bsnteamstat.png

Player Stats:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/bsnplaystat.png

Awards:

Jerome Wright (AML) BSN Player of the Season, top League assists(16)

Next season aim: To not get relegated! Will probably tell the board mid table...

I am looking at starting one but I have never been so low down in a league and wouldn't know where to start, I'd be lost lol

The savegame in the OP is a good start ;)

Managing in lower leagues is as easy or as difficult as you make it. If you use player search, filtering for the best free agents makes it childs play, especially as there are no transfer windows in the Blue Square leagues. I personally rely on scouts and assistant manager recommendations to find players for trialling, which gives me a chance to see players before I sign them, which is more difficult initially, but with a pair of good scouts and a good assistant, it isn't so difficult as they build up a list of players and build up a good shortlist.

I'll give it a bash then lol, I have that save game already as well good one :).

The only player that I think is any good on that save at the moment is Chris Perry but he's getting on abit lol...

If you have any tips about signings staff, player, or anything about tactics or anything like that give us a shout lol, I'll keep you updated on how I go...

First thing I think I will do is set up a load of friendlies away to earn some income :p

I've got Chris Perry, a very solid defender at BS level ;)

As July 1st approaches, look out for premiership youth players that get released. I only know of them them once my scout/assistant finds out about them, but I managed to sign Ignasi Miquel (ex-Arsenal), Christian Montano (ex-West Ham) and Femi Orenuga (ex-Everton).

I'm using a 4-5-1 of my own creation - http://www.unbelievable-jeff.com/forums/index.php/topic/792-ultimate-llm-4-5-1/

I've not got them on anything atm, just General P/T (default) schedules. Once we go pro, I'll load Crusaders schedules. I usually use the 'rest all players from training' option a couple of days before a game or inbetween weekend/midweek games.

I don't bother spending a lot of time training them because there is a good chance I'll dump them the next season - I usually relegate the last seasons 1st team to backups when I get promoted to the Football League, unless they are actually good enough.

This is who I have found and am going for. Gareth Williams is currently considering a contract from Tranmere as well so I think I might lose out on him :(

I've got Williams, Hendrie and Perry!

Hendrie only ended up as a backup for me, and I'm about to ask him about becoming a scout in the future, as it is his wish. Look for Joe McKee, see if he has been released, he is a fantastic set piece taking CM. 20 fk's, 20 pens! :)

Lee Hendrie has now got Staff Attributes, as a scout. Just need him to announce his retirement now (hopefully the end of this season) so that I can give him a Scout contract.

As you are player searching, go through the premiership teams' transfer history for this season and look at their released players.

End of pre-season first year, using the OP save game, and I decided to got to the board and ask for a couple of things and look what happened :)

wowtg.jpg

I would've thought that they might of said yeah, but at the end of a decent year in Blue Square North, but I'm happy

I know that it's hard for the board to find a club to be a parent but it was well worth an ask, I'll keep you updated with what happens!!

Going to start a FC United save using a transfer update, last game before FM12 comes out. Hopefully get promoted a few times and let's see if I can push on the Premiership. Going to look at some of the above players... holiday here I go!

Going to start a FC United save using a transfer update, last game before FM12 comes out. Hopefully get promoted a few times and let's see if I can push on the Premiership. Going to look at some of the above players... holiday here I go!

Good luck!

Though I'm against using updates, I used one once; a few seasons in -players with no names started showing up - and other weird sh*t. Needless to say, I was gutted, the save was f*cked for me.

I didn't sign Younghusband despite scouting him.

Bignot can become a half decent assistant, iirc from another FC save...

Well I can remember back in an older version of FM Younghusband became my number striker at Chelsea (I know all the CA/PA have changed but since that save and scoring 44 goals in one season for me, I have always liked him since :)

Well good for you lol :). It's just on the earlier save that I gave up on he didn't come to me either.

Tbf my assistant didn't tell me about him until a few months in, maybe as late as February, I can't remember. He'll sign for you eventually, if he doesn't end up elsewhere.

Archived