Sports Interactive Community
AlexFergusonsApprentice

Footballers who play FM and a celebrity or two.

Just been onto my twitter and a certain Magnus Wolff Eikrem ( man utd reserve captain) has posted how he can't wait for the release of FM 2011, which got me wondering does anybody know of other Footballers or celebrities that play the game?

Oh yeah I also know of Jason manford (British comedian, for the non-British FMers) as an avid player of the game.

Jay Buckley, better known as Jay Cartwright of the Inbetweeners is an avid FM'er too!

Robbia Williams that's quite high profile really, I'm sure I heard on the last podcast the team discussing a player, Rooney I think allegedly saying at an EA Sports interview that the one game he was looking forward to was football manager, not sure when or even if true the guys on the podcast said it was alleged.

Abu Hamza..... Not great tactically as the sliders are too damn sensitive for him and BOY it gets messy when he looses!

I play it and am reasonably famous.

Tell us more....

Stuart Broad annouced today on Twitter he has to find another way of filling time in on the plane to defend The Ashes as FM is not out for another week.

Jason Manford does, although now he presents The One Show his celebrity status is hanging in the balance.

Is there a feature in a football magazine (might be Four Four Two, can't remember) where they ask some questions of footballers, and one is always, "Do you sign yourself in Football Manager?"

Stuart Broad annouced today on Twitter he has to find another way of filling time in on the plane to defend The Ashes as FM is not out for another week.

This is his Twitter update from yesterday....Forest?? Champions League?? Pah.

12 hour wait in Singapore airport. This is why Football Manager was created! Ill have Forest in the Champions League before I leave..

I play it and am reasonably famous.
Tell us more....

Umm... isn't it obvious?

He's a famous brand of coffee... bowdown.gif

Sure I read Ant and Dec play FM. Jon McClure from reverend and the Makers. Mark Chapman Radio 1....

Iirc Ant and Dec got special versions of CM 01/02 with them playing for their respective teams but one was on a good salary contract while the other was on a poor one lol.

I know wikipedia isn't the best source but http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Championship_Manager:_Season_01/02#Trivia

Umm... isn't it obvious?

He's a famous brand of coffee... bowdown.gif

Why do the crap ones always make me laugh.