FM11 and network games?

I wasn't aware this was an issue :( ! My friends and I have already sorted out our network game and we'd decided that we'd put Barca in the premiership as there was only one of us stubborn enough to insist on going someone outwith ! Put a spanner in the works that has haha !

I'd be interested to know how you're getting it to work then. I've tried starting a network game using SuperBladesMan's excellent Level 11 database and get the "unrecognized record in unpack routine" error when others try to join it. Quite a few others have this problem too - see this thread for an example: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/164718-Created-Leagues-amp-Network-Games...? or search for "unrecognized record in unpack routine"

The error was acknowledged by SI in that thread:

We found an issue with network games and xml files that hopefully will be fixed in future patch.

but as far as I know nothing has been heard since.

Running normal network games is no problem, and we all have the same modified db installed when we try to run the custom game.

As I said, if anyone can tell me how they got around this that would be great, but it's a recognised issue that hasn't been addressed as far as I know.

Cheers

• 10 months later...

Archived