today i told my boss i needed friday the 5th of november off to play fm11

I work overnights, and Thurday night-Friday morning is our Friday... so I'll be buying/download FM11 when I get home Friday morning and playing it most of the weekend, getting out of the chair only to go get food, and expell it once it's passed through my system, until I have to go back to work Sunday night...

the kids are gonna hate me. "When do I get a turn, Dad?" "Next week."

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so today i asked my boss for that friday off, is this sad or acceptable?

what lengths do you go to, to play fm11 on release day

he did laugh at me but gave me it anyway :D

so from midnight on the 5th i will be playing from steam without worrying about sleep for work

I did the same thing as soon as the release date was announced. The people in my studio are so used to me taking the day off on the FM release day, I think they would have been shock if i come in to work

I work shift work at Hospital. Friday is my day off !! My phone will be unplugged so they can't ring me up to do overtime. I will be disconnecting from the outside world. Will def be delivered on Friday just signed up for a months free trial of amazon prime next day delivery. Up the Villa !!!

I work shift work at Hospital. Friday is my day off !! My phone will be unplugged so they can't ring me up to do overtime. I will be disconnecting from the outside world. Will def be delivered on Friday just signed up for a months free trial of amazon prime next day delivery. Up the Villa !!!

goodluck with amazon mate, i'm sure people have had good deliveries but i've had 2 shocking pre-orders from them

2nd one didn't even arrive!

7 more days and a few hours to go!!!! come on

this year I'll probably not play it on release day as I have TONS of work + pregnant wife + kid etc.. Next year I'm hoping for no pregnant wife (just regular wife!), 2 kids (wife will take care of them!) and hopefully a new job as I'll be done with my education as a software-engineer by then (SI, are you hiring btw? :D).. hopefully I'll get to play the game on release day undisturbed.. ah, who am I kidding .. :(

Sad is setting up a sleeping bag by your computer so you don't lose precious playing time walking to bed and coming back to the computer either side of a few hours sleep. Not that I've ever done that..

i once pretended to be sick to stay home and play fm10 whilst my mates went out on the ****

that was trully sad, i couldn't tell them the truth so said i had a bad stomach bug :cool:

I work nights and finish my week on a Friday morning so I guess it works out quite well for me. I'll be heading home from work and downloading the game from Steam before settling down to a day of FM11 'till I fall asleep.

I have the whole of Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday to enjoy this great game, then a weeks work and a week and a half of holiday. It's gonna be a good November

so from midnight on the 5th i will be playing from steam without worrying about sleep for work

Aha, nice one mate.

goodluck with amazon mate, i'm sure people have had good deliveries but i've had 2 shocking pre-orders from them

2nd one didn't even arrive!

7 more days and a few hours to go!!!! come on

amazon have been brilliant for me, got fifa a day early then they reduced it down to £30! have pre-ordered FM from there, have school on the friday though :(

That's nothing - I've took the next week (8th-12th) off work, so with weekends either side of that I have 9 days solid gaming time lined up.

Admittedly I do badly need a break from work and life anyway, but the release date influenced my timing.

It was a close run thing though, the release date seemed to be really really late in coming out this year? I hope this was a one off, I almost didn't get the time approved.

I'll be playing it all release day' date=' being unemployed and all.[b'] Only downside is that I have a match at 3pm saturday. I mean, that is precious hours being wasted![/b]

Actually that's a good point - missing work to play FM is all very well, but how many people are thinking of actually missing a real life game that weekend so they can play FM?! :D

I have a ticket to see Leeds at Coventry on 6 November. Missing that so I can carry on playing FM11 really would be sad! :D

I might well have booked the following Tuesday and Wednesday off, although the Argyle v Exeter match on the Tuesday has as much to do with that as FM. 5 straight days of play if I land the Monday too, well with a local derby and some sleep to interrupt me.

The Friday will definitely be an all-nighter though, Pizza delivery n'all.

This country's economy has gone down the drain thanks to people like OP. You should be ashamed of yourself.

yes clearly, because i'm taking 1 day off this year to go plow £30 into the gaming economy also £4 into the dr pepper soft drinks company (economically i'm flawed)

i still can't tell if you were joking or not

Aye it's sad - I know a guy that requested 9th of and his mate (boss) told him to go **** himself :D , saying that I bet I don't "play" FM until about December... despite having it on, or around release day! I have a editor to play with first :D

That is terrible and totally unacceptable. Why didn't you consider working from home :)

i work on the 5th but get the weekend off to play. i also get 2 months paid leave in january and february so i will be playing a lot then

How lucky are you ? What kind of job can pay you for 2 straight months without working ?

Wanna a CV ? :D

yes clearly, because i'm taking 1 day off this year to go plow £30 into the gaming economy also £4 into the dr pepper soft drinks company (economically i'm flawed)

i still can't tell if you were joking or not

Sometimes sarcasm doesn't go through all the way. :)

That is terrible and totally unacceptable. Why didn't you consider working from home :)

unless i have 10 orthopaedic patients come to my home, I can't really diagnose them from my desk :D (it's hard to know what is wrong with a persons walk without seeing their feet), besides they would just start to annoy me whilst waiting on my sofa, when i'm trying to beat man utd in the fa cup.

Archived