FM11: Newcastle United Team Guide @ Sports Interactive @ SJP.com

ChrisNUFC

Balotelli is now transfer listed but he won't dicuss terms with me...should I keep bidding for him until he does?

What i did was talk to the press and say in was in awe of his talent and he will be a star player and we will do everything we can to sign him all three options do that for a few weeks and he will be interested.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What i did was talk to the press and say in was in awe of his talent and he will be a star player and we will do everything we can to sign him all three options do that for a few weeks and he will be interested.

Ok, I just managed to crash the game now...but i'll try that once i reload.

Cheers

Well after my run of Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal I've come out of it with 4 points :) 2-1 defeat to Chelsea, 1-1 at United and then a 2-0 win over Arsenal at St. James', very pleased with that.

Should have the season finished tonight, only 3 games left and we're 5th. Level on point with man Utd, both of us have 66, but Man U have a better goal difference by 9. Should be an exciting finish!

Well after my run of Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal I've come out of it with 4 points :) 2-1 defeat to Chelsea, 1-1 at United and then a 2-0 win over Arsenal at St. James', very pleased with that.

Should have the season finished tonight, only 3 games left and we're 5th. Level on point with man Utd, both of us have 66, but Man U have a better goal difference by 9. Should be an exciting finish!

good luck with the run in there :thup:

Since you guys are having so luck with Krul i might give him a season. I was gonna bring in Ochoa or Smithies.

Fazio looks like a no brainer really! Might bring in Kyle Walker on loan from Spurs to fill in at DR. Probably get Pires and Rivaldo on frees. Not sure who else to sign for midfield. Up top i'll probably go for Kadlec and Macheda on loan. Any other recommendations?

P.S DandyDon i've sent you a PM.

Approaching the end of the season (two games to go), can either finish 10th or 13th. Currently on course to finish above the Mackems, having beaten them twice so far this season, so a good season all round. End of season update will come.

Jus started my first Newcastle save, and tried to bring in some players ASAP so they have more time to blend. Just played my second friendly...

IN:

Rivaldo - AMC - Free

Jose Goncalves - LB/CB - Free

Abubakari Yakubu - RB/DM - Free

Kenneth Zohore - ST - £500k

Federico Fazio - CB/DM - £550k

Sotiris Ninis - AMR/AMC/CM - Ln fee £240k (Future fee £4.5m)

TOTAL: £1.3m

OUT:

Ben Tozer - Ln fee £50k

Xisco - Ln fee £2.4m (Future fee £2.5m)

Lovenkrands - Ln fee £825k (Future fee £4.2m)

TOTAL: £3.3m

PENDING TRANSFERS (IN):

Radames - DM/CM - Free

Lucas Piazon - ST/AMC - £240k

Quite pelased with who I've managed to bring in; defence now looks a lot more stronger. I have loads of attacking minded midfielders, but can't seem to find anyone of similar quality as a DM so I'm trying for Radames. I'm trying to see if I can get Shola out of the club because with strikers like Ranger and Zohore trying to develop- I'd like to give them a few games.

Squad currently looks like:

GK: Krul/Harper

RB: Yakubu/Raylor

LB: Enrique/Goncalves

CB: Fazio/Williamson

CB: Coloccini/Campbell

DM: Tiote/Smith

CM: Barton/Nolan

AMR: Ben Arfa/Routledge

AML: Jonas/Moyo

AMC: Rivaldo/Ninis

ST: Carroll/Ranger/Ameobi

Trying to sort out my backroom staff, so far have done scouts and physios. Got the GK coaches and fitness ones out the way, just need to add 2 or 3 more. I did want to keep it all British, but so far I've brought in a Norwegian and French coach.

What a fantastic season we have just had i can't believe it but we won all four trophies.

In a exciting end to the Premier League we had to play Spurs last game of the season at SJP with both teams on the same points but with us having a better goal difference so we only needed a draw to claim the title. We won the game easily 2-0 with goals from Hugo Rodallega (a must buy) and Mamadou Sakho with his first goal for the club.

6yekc9.jpg

In the Cups

I have already posted a screenshot of us winning the Carling cup on the last page beating West Ham in the final.

In the FA cup final we played West Ham again and beat them 3-1 after going one down with Mark Noble scoring for them i give them a bollocking at half time and in the second half goals from Esteban Granero, Andy Carroll and a Matthew Upson OG won us the famous silverware.

v4awyf.jpg

I the Champions league we beat Real Madrid 2-1 in a game where both sides have players sent off. Christiano Ronaldo got sent off in the 69th minute and Sebastien Bassong got sent off in the 76th minute. The goals came from Diego Renan in the 3rd minute and Esteban Granero scoring against his old side in the 51st minute with Fabio Quagliarella scoring there goal in the 72nd minute to setup a nery last 18 minutes but we managed to hang on.

2r2y98o.jpg

The Squad

rsvklk.jpg

Since you guys are having so luck with Krul i might give him a season. I was gonna bring in Ochoa or Smithies.

Fazio looks like a no brainer really! Might bring in Kyle Walker on loan from Spurs to fill in at DR. Probably get Pires and Rivaldo on frees. Not sure who else to sign for midfield. Up top i'll probably go for Kadlec and Macheda on loan. Any other recommendations?

P.S DandyDon i've sent you a PM.

If you've got the chance to grab Ochoa I probably would, if he's anything like as good as he was on FM10, he'd be well worth it. Krul can definitely step up to the plate though.

Outclassed, that looks like a decent squad you're putting together for your first season. Wish I'd rembered Ninis when I was putting mine together, and wish I'd organised some better loan fees on my deals!!

Good luck with the season ahead.

Col...looks like that mental transfer activity paid dividends for you, amazing results.

If you could get Rooney and Rodallega scoring together you'd have quite the strike force! If you ask the board won't they be able to get him for you?

And congratulations on the quadruple, especially so early in your career as well.

The board have said basicialy not a chance :(

IN:

Rivaldo - AMC - Free

Jose Goncalves - LB/CB - Free

Abubakari Yakubu - RB/DM - Free

Kenneth Zohore - ST - £500k

Federico Fazio - CB/DM - £550k

Sotiris Ninis - AMR/AMC/CM - Ln fee £240k (Future fee £4.5m)

TOTAL: £1.3m

PENDING TRANSFERS (IN):

Radames - DM/CM - Free

Lucas Piazon - ST/AMC - £240k

Thats i strong squad there OutClassed.

I signed Lucas Piazon and he has been a little trouble maker since he came so i ve put him on the transfer list but surpise surpise no offers.

What's Kenneth Zohore like ? he's not on my game.

There's a lot of people talking about this over on the bugs forum Col, lots of players still on long contacts being offered for wierdly low prices

I don't know if it's a bug but i think not being able to sell your own players must be a bug

1st Season Review

Finished the first season, finishing a respectable 11th in the table, but more importantly finishing higher then then Mackems (who finished 12th) ensuring that they know their place in the North-East table. Liverpool stormed the league and managed to do The Double, winning the FA Cup as well. However, they were taken over by a Tycoon (Sasa Mandic) earlier in the season and went on a crazy spending spree in January.

201011endleague.png

Top Scorer: Andy Carroll (11)

201011carrollend.png

Top Assists: Joey Barton (11) - Fantastic in his role as deep-laying playmaker

201011bartonend.png

Most MOM: Jonas (5)

Andy Carroll fell out with me towards the end of the season, because I refused to sell Steven Taylor. Carroll then requested to be transfer listed, but I refused that too.

The two young Scottish Lads I signed in Jan really helped in the second half of the season, as Wayne Routledge didn't seem to ever find his form on the right.

Ended the season £2m in the red, but Mike Ashley is improving the Academy, so don't think it'll be too bad. Not sure I'll get much money in the second season though, so will probably miss out on signing Ben Arfa, Wotherspoon and Forrest (all of which I'd like to sign).

Sol Campbell went off it with me for putting him in the reserves, so I transfer listed him (even though he'll be leaving for free when his contract ends).

Calderwood suggested that Kadar, Vuckic and Edmundsson had all progressed well this year, and I've been happy with their performances too. Alnwick, Nzuzi and Nicholson in the youth team all got a mention too, so will look to promote and give them some more experiences in the cup next season.

Sadly, Lovenkrands, Robert and Campbell are all on the decline, so will probably see the door in the Summer.

Harry Redknapp hates my guts though, but the feeling is mutual.

--

Footballer of the Year: Fabregas

Players' Player of the Year: Torres

Top Goalscorer: Torres

Player's Young Player: N'Zogbia

Manager of the Year: Roy Hodgson... runner up? ME! :D

Harry Redknapp hates my guts though, but the feeling is mutual.

I've noticed there's a few managers on this FM seem to put the boot in, more than previously. I've had Pulis and Allerdyce making digs about either our playing style or squad.

I missed out on Ben Arfa as well as Marseille changed their manager and he got a big new contract there.

Yeah, seems a lot of people are missing out on Ben Arfa, think its a reputation issue. I'll look into it for Jan update.

I'm liking the interaction with other managers though, makes it a bit more personal. Redknapp hates me because we played each other last game of the season and they needed to win (and Chelsea needed to lose) for Spurs to get into Champions League again. We drew 2-2, with Nile Ranger, making his only appearance of the season for me, scoring one and setting up the other earning MOM!

Yeah, seems a lot of people are missing out on Ben Arfa, think its a reputation issue. I'll look into it for Jan update.

I managed to sign him after his loan finished but during his loan spell he had no intention of even talking about a contract. But Newcastle are in his favoured clubs so i don't know if that helped.

I'm liking the interaction with other managers though, makes it a bit more personal. Redknapp hates me because we played each other last game of the season and they needed to win (and Chelsea needed to lose) for Spurs to get into Champions League again. We drew 2-2, with Nile Ranger, making his only appearance of the season for me, scoring one and setting up the other earning MOM!

I hope you rubbed it in after the game

Things have started to tick over on the close season transfer window for me. Tomas Rosicky arrived on a free, Charlie Adam has just arrived for 2.5 million from Blackpool and Pavlyuchenko is awaiting a work permit (also for 2.5 million). I did have bids accepted for Khedira and Hamsik but both refused to discuss terms, also bids accepted for Kolarov and Santa Cruz but they both wanted hideous amounts of money so pulled out of those.

After offloading Lovenkrands to Vienna and Xisco to Marseille, I've now had some decent loan offers for Goncalves and shipped Leon Best off to newly promoted Middlesborough. Still had no interest in Smith, Ameobi or James perch yet.

One fly in the ointment is that AC Milan have come in with a bid for Tim Krul, and his agent tells me he wants to discuss terms with them. I've decided to negotiate with them, and if he does leave I might try to bring in Enyeama and Ochoa.

Well I finished my first season in charge last night and was very pleased with how it went, finishing miles ahead of where I was hoping for!

It was a tense finish to the Premier League with us, Spurs and Man Utd all in contention for 3rd place with 3 games to go. We had the easiest of the run-ins with Wigan, West Brom and Blackpool, all of which sat in 19th, 18th and 17th respectively. Needless to say we beat all three and nabbed the last automatic Champions League spot.

2011leaguetable.png

In the Cups

As I posted earlier we won the League Cup, beating Everton 1-0 in a game that I didn't even notice was the Final until after the match!

In the FA cup final we played Man Utd in a very tight affair in which, had it not been for some late Mexican magic, could have went to penalties. Both teams went for it but neither could score, that was until Chicharito came on late on and scored with his first touch to give the Manchester side a 1-0 victory.

2011facuppath.png

Close Season

After securing that Champions League place, some of the players nearing the end of their contracts were a lot more willing to speak with me. In the end I managed to nab Marco Amelia, Johan Vonlanthen, Evander Sno, Davide Petrucci, Urby Emanuelson and Jeremy Helan on frees. I've also had fees accepted and offered contracts to Joseph Yobo, Jamie O'Hara, Roque Santa Cruz and Alan Hutton. All of those will cost £2m or under each, so I've still got a bit of cash in reserve just incase a big player becomes available. I did lose out on Alexis Sanchez for £6m, as he chose Inter Milan instead :(

Quite disappointingly I haven't had nowhere near the amount of big players on the transfer list as Col's had though.

There's some fantastic players available on free transfers at the start of the third season. There's Toni Kroos, Manuel Neuer, Breno, Saloman Kalou, Jeremy Toulalan, David Ospina, Clement Chantome, Sergio Asenjo, Alphonse Areola, Son Heung-Min and loads more real quality players.

Well there's my transfer business done for this window. Quite pleased with all deals tbh and should leave us with a stronger squad to push on with, and hopefully get a takeover/more money pumped in next season.

Ins

Johan Vonlanthen - Free

Evander Sno - Free

Davide Petrucci - Free

Jeremy Helan - Free

Urby Emanuelson - Free

Marco Amelia - Free

Joseph Yobo - £2.5m (over 48 months)

Alan Hutton - £1.9m (over 48 months)

Jamie O'Hara - £1.8m (over 48 months)

Roque Santa Cruz - £2m (over 48 months)

Cheikou Kouyate - £1.5m (over 48 months)

Victor Moses - £2.4m (over 48 months)

Maynor Figueroa - £1.5m (over 48 months)

Total Spend - £13.5m

Outs

James Perch - £1m

Sol Campbell - Free

Fabio Zamblera - Free

Peter Lovenkrands - £300k

Leon Best - Loan

Xisco - £4.2m

Abubakari Yakubu - £600k

Alan Smith - £1.5m

Ryan Taylor - £2.5m

Yven Moyo - Loan

Total Income - £10m

I think I've done quite well for a net spend of just £3.5m, and I've also gotten a few of the higher earners off the wage bill too, I did try and sell Barton too but nobody wanted him, even for £1m even though he's worth £3m :( Not too fussed though, as he was really good for me last season and I kind of like him.

Oh yeah, Ashley expanded St. James' so I now have a capacity of just short of 60,000 :D

How is Kadar developing on anyone else's game? I've got Portsmouth sniffing around for a permanent deal at around 3mill and I'm wondering if he's worth holding onto in the long term.

Currently he hasn't much chance of getting in to my squad with Taylor, Fazio, Colo, Demidov and Williamson ahead of him at centre back, and the impossible to shift Jose Enrique at left back.

Archived