FM11: Newcastle United Team Guide @ Sports Interactive @ SJP.com

ChrisNUFC

No one has stood out really and the goals are coming from loads of different players. Mario Balotelli and Falcao are both cup tied in European competition though which is very dissapointing.

Balotelli will be a miss for sure. Is Falcao any good?...I remember him being a monster on FM a few years back

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Balotelli will be a miss for sure. Is Falcao any good?...I remember him being a monster on FM a few years back

He can't get into the team as Balotelli and Rodallega are on fire then i have Yaya Sanogo, Andy Carroll and Falcao to battle for the strikers sub spot :)

Jan 2011 Update

jantable201011.png

jantrans201011.png

Table doesn't look too 'wrong' come January 2011. Liverpool have seemingly scored in every game they've played though!

Had very little money from The Big Man, but he did ask if I wanted to rethink my goals for the season since we were mid table (and I had said 'avoid relegation). He gave me £350k to spend in the Jan Window.

Used it to bring in two young lads from Scotland as cover on the right wing, since Wayne Routledge generally has a real bad game.

wotherspoonjan2011.png

forrestjan2011.png

Big Mike Williamson is the Mackem Destroyer though, played them twice and won both games, Mike Williamson scoring the winning goal in each game, towering header at the back post. Probably the surprise player of the team so far! Barton, Steven Taylor and Colo seem hell bent on beating each other to collecting the most red cards though, think the 'Dirtiness' attribute, mixed with a high aggression is over powering, might log it as a bug (certainly lower it in Jan).

Top Scorer: Hatem Ben Arfa

Top Assists: Joey Barton

Highest AVG: Jonás

I hate it when managers do that my team always seem to get complacent. But hopefully you can win the league whats your first 11 at the minute ?

Surprisingly enough we struggled to a 0-0 draw with Everton after that quote.

4-4-2 first 11 at the moment is Krul, Yakubu, Enrique, Steve Taylor (rotating with Fazio), Coloccini, Pires on right, Jonas on left, Barton and Guthrie centre mid. Suazo up front with Carroll when he's fit.

But other than the back four and Krul the rest of the 11 changes a lot due to our injuries

Jan 2011 Update

Used it to bring in two young lads from Scotland as cover on the right wing, since Wayne Routledge generally has a real bad game.

Big Mike Williamson is the Mackem Destroyer though, played them twice and won both games, Mike Williamson scoring the winning goal in each game, towering header at the back post. Probably the surprise player of the team so far! Barton, Steven Taylor and Colo seem hell bent on beating each other to collecting the most red cards though, think the 'Dirtiness' attribute, mixed with a high aggression is over powering, might log it as a bug (certainly lower it in Jan).

James Forrest looks a good young player have you got a future fee in the loan ?

Our centre backs always score against Sunderland if you look back over the years you've had Helder, O'Brien, Dabizas :D

Those 2 young Scots lads look pretty decent Chris, either of them getting any game time for you?

Colo hasn't been quite so psychotic for me, only 4 yellow cards in 24 games. Taylor hasn't had much chance to get any cards, his injury ended up keeping him out till after christmas for me. Now that he's back he's gotten 2 yellows in 7 matches, average rating 7.84.

Aye, the Scottish lads have only just arrived, but they're getting plenty game time. Can get both for £1m each (their value has shot up since joining me!). Forrest is 2 for 2 at the moment. Colin Calderwood found them with a loan report!

Jonas has been the main tormentor of the Mackems for me, scored the only goal in our first game against them back in August, bagged an assist in the 2-1 win in December, and then scored again when we met them in the FA cup (knocked them out 3-2 in the end).

They are really struggling in my game, hovering right above the drop zone and yet they've somehow managed to sign Alexis Sanchez!!!!! (with any luck they'll get relegated and I'll nick him during the close season)

Aye, the Scottish lads have only just arrived, but they're getting plenty game time. Can get both for £1m each (their value has shot up since joining me!). Forrest is 2 for 2 at the moment. Colin Calderwood found them with a loan report!

There do seem to be a few good recommendations pop up if you ask for a loan report at the start of the season....have a couple young south american strikers I'm keeping an eye on from the strikers list I got early on.

Has Mahamadou Diarra been released on free by Madrid on anyone else's game?

He got realeased at the start of Jan in mine and his agent keeps trying to get me to sign him, but I have absolutely no room to wriggle on the wage front so just can't afford him.

Has Mahamadou Diarra been released on free by Madrid on anyone else's game?

He got realeased at the start of Jan in mine and his agent keeps trying to get me to sign him, but I have absolutely no room to wriggle on the wage front so just can't afford him.

He left Madrid at the end of the first season as he was out of contract but his wage demands were ridiculous so i didn't bother signing him.

The January transfer window has just opened in the second season and i have just picked up two players on frees Andreas Laudrup as one for the future and the legend that is David Beckham :D.

I have looked at our finances and we are in dire straits we are £7.5m in the red but we have been in profit on transfers and also we have Champions league/Premier league money coming in so i don't know how :confused:. So it's looks like i might have to sell some of my star players as no one wants the likes of Alan Smith, Ryan Taylor, Leon Best, Mike Williamson etc.

The January transfer window has just opened in the second season and i have just picked up two players on frees Andreas Laudrup as one for the future and the legend that is David Beckham :D.

This might be a daft question, but is Andreas any relation to Brian and Michael Laudrup?

And I might be a bit useless at the old financial side, but could you be showing a profit on transfer fees when the total fee is taken into account, but the actual hard cash coming in is staggered because they're paying in installments?

This might be a daft question, but is Andreas any relation to Brian and Michael Laudrup?

And I might be a bit useless at the old financial side, but could you be showing a profit on transfer fees when the total fee is taken into account, but the actual hard cash coming in is staggered because they're paying in installments?

Andreas is the son of Michael Laudrup hopefully he will turn out like his dad :D

Most of the players i have sold have been with the club paying all the money upfront. The only deals in staggered payments was for Routledge, Perch and Michael Ball.

Andreas is the son of Michael Laudrup hopefully he will turn out like his dad :D

Now that would be a bargain signing and a half if he turns out as good as his old man...or his uncle for that matter. :thup:

Who did you manage to offload Perch to? He's not played a game for me, just no role for him in my team

How come people are having problems with Carroll, hes been awesome on my game. Carroll finished top goal scorer with 26 league goals playing as a target man! Him and Ben Arfa are my top performers. After a successful season I managed to stumble my way up the table beating the average teams and also getting fair results against the stronger teams and finished 4th! :p

2nd season their both having slow starts it seems, but a free Roque Santa Cruz has been doing the biz so its all good. First season I managed to stumble into 4th place to get champions league football. Got drawn a tough group of Bayern Munich, Valencia and Vorskla. I have managed a draw against Valenica, a win against vorskla and managed to beat munich 3- 2 through a late Ben Arfa goal :D.

How can I post up Pics?

Now that would be a bargain signing and a half if he turns out as good as his old man...or his uncle for that matter. :thup:

Who did you manage to offload Perch to? He's not played a game for me, just no role for him in my team

Brain Laudrup wasn't bad either but no where near as good as Michael Laudrup.

I sold him to Grenoble Foot for £1.7m over 48 months.

How can I post up Pics?

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press 'Prt Sc', normally next to or near F12 on your keyboard

4. Open Paint, or a similar program

5. Paste the image by either pressing 'Ctrl + V' or going to edit, then paste.

6. Save the file as a JPEG

7. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack ot Tinypic

8. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Well almost through my first season. Since my last update where Carroll scored like 5 goals in a few games, he hasn't scored a single goal and has been stuck on 11 for what seems like months. He's had a pretty serious injury though and has been out for a month so hopefully he'll come back all guns blazing. Shola and Ranger have somewhat made up for his lack of goals though, both have netted 5 times each since Carroll stopped, which included a Super Nile brace to beat Sunderland at St. James' 2-0 :)

I'm currently sitting in 5th, level on points with Man Utd in 4th but I have a game in hand. Unfortunately our next few games are Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd. Come away with anything from those and I'll be happy, not like I can complain at falling behind the top 4 really!

I have however won the League Cup so I'm definitely playing European football in some form next season. Strangely I didn't even realise it was the final until after it was over. I just went through the usual routine and thought I was playing a normal league game against Everton. Ben Arfa scored the only goal of the game late on, then at the final whistle it said They've Won the Cup! Was a pleasant surprise haha

I'm also through to the FA Cup final against Man Utd after a relatively easy run of Bristol Rovers, Aston Villa, Sunderland, Norwich and Crystal Palace.

I have however won the League Cup so I'm definitely playing European football in some form next season. Strangely I didn't even realise it was the final until after it was over. I just went through the usual routine and thought I was playing a normal league game against Everton. Ben Arfa scored the only goal of the game late on, then at the final whistle it said They've Won the Cup! Was a pleasant surprise haha

Wonder if that's the best way to prepar for cup games then! Congrats on the cup win :thup:;)

Thats a lot of injuries there, dirty pigs :p and also, quite alot of transfers lol any of them doing well?

Most of them are youngsters in my reserves or loaned out for first team football. Mario Balotelli has been my best signing this season but Yaya Sanogo is a brilliant youngster who seems to score everytime he plays :D.

I have won the Carling cup for the second season in a row after beating West Ham United 3-2 in the final :D. Jose Enrique got himself sent off after only 21 minutes and Alberto Lora got injured late in the match after i used all my subs so we had to play with 9 men for the last few minutes.

We had some hard games this year in our Carling cup run.

2sbk2aa.jpg

v3qars.jpg

Some worrying transfer activity (from a bug point of view). Transfer market seems a bit 'busted', far too many players going under value or free.

Yeah i noticed that I ve had some World class talent offered to me but couldn't afford the transfer fee/player not interested.

But i still can't get rid of our high earning players which like FM10 is very annoying :mad:.

Some worrying transfer activity (from a bug point of view). Transfer market seems a bit 'busted', far too many players going under value or free.

Transfer market doesn't appear quite as crazy for me. Man City haven't listed anyone but fringe players really and the only player offered for free so far has been Gago. In terms of bugs something happened during my game with Liverpool a little while ago. Selected my squad and subs, did the team talks etc, started the match as normal...then Colo got injured and all of a sudden i had no subs, just the 11 players on the pitch were listed. As we were winning I decided to carry on, and we held out for a 1-0 win, despite having another player carried off injured before the end.

Most of them are youngsters in my reserves or loaned out for first team football. Mario Balotelli has been my best signing this season but Yaya Sanogo is a brilliant youngster who seems to score everytime he plays :D.

col that is some truely crazy transfer activity...how many squads do you have now??? :p

Hats off to you though, I've had hardly any action in the transfer market, so mostly just jealous.

I have just played a game against Zenit in the Champions league and the dirty buggers injured 4 of my players :mad:. Has anyone had that amount of injuries in a match before ?

Not yet anyways..but I think I remember having 5 players crocked back in 07, ended up with only 8 on the pitch as i also got a player sent off...pretty sure we got hammered too

Well I have finally finished my first full season and despite a couple of very sticky patches managed to cling on to a 3rd place finish in the league.

th_EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-2.png

The defence were definitely the architects of our success, Krul, Jose,Fazio and Colo were incredibly reliable..Stephen Taylor put on a hell of a run toward the end as well having missed the whole first half of the season, ended up with an average rating of 7.46 from 14 matches. Danny Simpson almost grabbed the right back spot from Yakubu. We were also helpled by Suazo finding some real form and he finished the season with 22 goals in 43 games, also weighing in with 9 assists. The midfield were a bit more hit and miss, mostly due to lots of niggling little injury breaks that disrupted player momentum, star turn there was the legend that is Jonas..who bagged 10 goals from the left wing, but only 2 assists.

The rest of Suazo's strike partners struggled for form, but again mostly due to injury. Carroll especially had his season blighted with 3 injuries, one of which kept him out for 6 weeks, but he showed some real class when he was fit. A bit of complancency set in after the FA cup semi which resulted in a few players denting their overall average ratings. (Notably a couple of the brilliant defence who really should have finished the season with slightly higher scores to reflect how good they'd been)

th_NewcastleUnitedHistory_BestEleven.png

The real highlight of the season for me was our run in the FA cup, knocking out Sunderland in the 3rd round, easing past Scunthorpe before walloping Man utd 4-0 in the 5th round. We then cruised into the semi final by beating Oxford United, setting up a real battle with Everton which we scraped through 1-0.

Unfortunately in the final we matched Chelsea for most of the game, but then Steven Taylor was sent off and they battered us in extra time with Fred scoring 2 goals from the 10 or 11 chances they created in those 30 minutes.

th_NewcastleUnitedNewcastle_Fixtures-3.png

th_ChelseavNewcastleInformation_Overview.png

Overall a solid season and exceeded expectations, but some serious clearing out now required I think. Have started the process by releasing Sol Campbell and Rivaldo. Have also offered Lovenkrands and Xisco to other clubs and finally managed to attracted a couple bids. Will also try to offload Perch and Leon Best, neither of whom were used at any point during the season. There may be a few other bodies listed as well. Now to scour the market and find some quality to help us move up another gear.

col that is some truely crazy transfer activity...how many squads do you have now??? :p

Hats off to you though, I've had hardly any action in the transfer market, so mostly just jealous.

I have my first 11 then a back up 11 for the first team squad then i have the same for my reserves with the majority of them under 20 then i have about 20 youngsters on loan for so first team games :)

Well done a great first season for you :thup:

Cheers :D

Finally getting some movement on the transfer front. Lovenkrands out for £725,000 to Sochaux and Xisco off to Marseille for 2 million. Have a £500,000 nibble for James Perch...hope to hell he doesn't turn the move down, and a raft of £300,000 bids for Soderberg.

First inbound signing was Rosicky who came to end of his Arsenal contract and I'm considering move for Roque Santa Cruz....but worried those 2 together would overwhelm my already overtaxed physios!!

Tried bids for Khedira and Hamsik, but neither were willing to talk terms with me, so I'll have to set my sights a little lower.

Archived