FM11: Newcastle United Team Guide @ Sports Interactive @ SJP.com

ChrisNUFC

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's doing pretty well. Only played 8 games but he's already got 2 goals and 3 assists. You still got a Newcastle save DandyDon?

Yeah still have my original Newcastle save, didn't want to start a whole new one as I'm too fond of the squad I've built up there. Just taking a little break to try out a couple saves with other teams on the 11.3 patch. I did have to get it fixed by the SI boffins as it got bugged when I installed the new patch. (Some issue to do with clubs registered for the French cup, the game wouldn't progress past the 20th of June). Luckily the bug was easily fixed when I uploaded it for them.

I found Weiss to be quite a goal threat for me, either as winger or inside forward. He's great at ghosting in at the back post when the balls over on the other flank. Seems pretty successful at beating his man compared to my other wide players too.

Who else have you got targeted with that lovely 80 million then?

Who else have you got targeted with that lovely 80 million then?

Nobody really. Pretty happy with the squad now. Don't really like buying players unless i need to. Only problem is i could only select title challenge or winner so ive gotta do pretty well lol

Nobody really. Pretty happy with the squad now. Don't really like buying players unless i need to. Only problem is i could only select title challenge or winner so ive gotta do pretty well lol

"With great wealth comes great expectation...."

To borrow from Spiderman :p

Just finished my 5th season, won league cup, fa cup, prem and champions league!. Start of sixth season I have recieved 52million with 400k wages available for the players I bring in. My strongest possible eleven right now is: Fox(regen GK dubbed next shilton), Enrique/Digne, Jones, Zapata, Santon/Aurier, Hazard, Sandro, Ganson (PAulo Henrique), Weiss, Babacar, Neymar. Nout sure what to spend the money on, possibly a GOOD winger to challenege Weiss and Hazard (if that is possible as they are amazing for me). Bring on SEASON 6

HOWAY THE LADS!

Doing better than expected in my first 11.3 season.

Sitting in 4th place after 14 games on 29 points. Miles behind the leaders ManU on 38 points.

Benitez and H. Suazo have formed a great partnership so far with the former netting 14 in 14 (Rooney has 23 in 14 for ManU!), and the latter 9 in 14. If they can stay injury free we should have a good season.

My team (1st 11):

GK Karcemarskas

RB van der Wiel (Full-Back Auto)

CB Taylor

CB Coloccini

LB Enrique (Full-Back Auto)

MR Fernando Arce (Wide Midfielder Attack, cuts inside, crossing sometimes)

MC Joey Barton (Advanced Playmaker, Support)

MC Cheick Tiote (Ball winning , Defend)

ML Ben Arfa (Wide Midfielder Attack, cuts inside, crossing sometimes)

FC H. Suazo (Deep lying forward , support)

FC C. Benitez (poacher)

I need to flesh my squad out but the first team is looking very good.

Suazo was a very useful signing for me on the first patch, how much did he cost you Paul?

Benitez seems to be something of a must buy on 11.3, seems to be banging them in for everyone. I gave in and picked him up 3 seasons in on my Wolfsburg save.

Anyone else found that Lua Lua becomes good enough for a first team slot during the first season?

I played him in pre-season and he netted twice against Brazilian side Santos to give me a 2-1 win. Since then he keeps on improving. Gave him a run-out in the Carling Cup against Swindon and he scored, then he had his first two league starts against Birmingham and Man Utd.

Can see him becoming very good, which has made me reluctant to go for Alex Chamberlain.

Anyone else found that Lua Lua becomes good enough for a first team slot during the first season?

I played him in pre-season and he netted twice against Brazilian side Santos to give me a 2-1 win. Since then he keeps on improving. Gave him a run-out in the Carling Cup against Swindon and he scored, then he had his first two league starts against Birmingham and Man Utd.

Can see him becoming very good, which has made me reluctant to go for Alex Chamberlain.

He got 10 goals and 9 assists in the premiership in the 2nd season for me. Unfortunately, i got taken over and can only choose 'title winner' as my expectations for the season so have had to buy better players or risk being sacked :(. The takeovers kinda ruined it a bit now with only Forster/Kru/Alnwickl, Enrique, Kadar, Tiote, Barton, Ben Arfa and Vuckic the only originals good enough for a starting place. I woulda been Man City if i wanted all of this money lol

Into the January transfer window and I'm still sitting 4th.

Played 20, won 12, drawn 4, lost 4. For 46, Ag 21. GD +25. Pts 40.

ManU have 49, Chelski 45, Arse 43. My main rivals for a Champions League spot are struggling so far: ManC are 10th, Spurs 11tth and Liverpool 15th!

Benitez has 18 goals, Suazo 11. Ben Arfa has 6 etc etc. Interestingly Jose enrique has the most assists with 10, followed by Joey Barton with 9. Suazo has 7, Benitez 5.

It's a pretty strong team we have at the minute and provided we don't get crippled by injuries and/ or I don't get the tactical side wrong we should finish top 4 or 5. At least top 6 anyway, hubris notwithstanding.

I'm not really looking to rebuild the first team at this stage, maybe just strengthen the squad. I think tinkering at this stage would lead to a tinkerman's fate.

I hadn't played FM since the 2009 edition, so when I bought the new game and installed it when the newest patch came out, I thought I would start my traditional Newcastle game and have a go without reading any tactical or player guides and trying to find my way through the forest myself.

Well, I am ashamed to say unlike many here who have brought success to SJP, I have only brought more misery and failure. After treading water for 5 seasons I was sacked on the last day of the 5th season after avoiding relegation only by goal difference.

Tactically, we struggled to find any sort of consistency. One day we would look at home against Chelsea on their own turf and the next we would get flogged by Burnley @ SJP. In the second season I threw all my chips (£13m) at an expensive Brazilian striker and even though he had the ultimate debut (93rd minute winner against Sunderland) he turned out to be mentally unstable, inconsistent and a major, expensive flop. Over the course of the next couple of seasons I went without on the transfer front in order to pay for upgraded facilities, but after 3 upgrades to the youth facilities and recruitment I still only got two-star kids coming through. I saw a way out of the doldrums when I signed back a transfer-listed Andy Carroll for only £2m in the middle of the third season (his Liverpool career was a flop on such a level that I am sure it would have gone down in history), in a move which I considered at the time an incredible piece of business, but disappointingly he also proved inconsistent and frustrating.

Somewhere amongst all of that we were over taken by a local business-man (after four failed attempts, mind you), but no new money was made available. This made it even more frustrating to see Sunderland be taken over by a foreign oil baron and be taken straight to the top 4, and consistent defeats in all subsequent Tyne-Wear derbies (which made me quite unpopular on those days).

The fifth season brought with it a great renewed hope as through the first ten matches we sat in the top five having already taken points from away trips to Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal, and I felt we sat well poised to at least hold our position. I was spending a lot more time on tactics, something clicked, I had a "moment of clarity", and I was doing great. I spent a fair bit of time analysing the opposition and reacting accordingly. I spent more time on games, I stopped and thought about things, and I analysed statistics (I still didn't bother to touch the training schedules, though). I did all of the press myself and actually took time to think about my answers. Then someone must have called someone a name because my mentally weak squad totally capitulated and with it came a 12 match LOSING streak which sent us on a slide destroying both morale and all objects not nailed down on my desk.

On the last day of the season we were flogged by Tottenham but still managed to avoid relegation, just, by goal difference. However it wasn't good enough and I was sacked straight after the game. David Moyes has since taken over and I have taken his job at Everton............

A couple of things

* Each season roughly consisted of a good start followed by a losing streak before just finding my feet again as the season finishes

* I tried my very best for two seasons to get some use out of Kevin Nolan but it was all for nothing, he was rubbish (same goes for Smith)

* All of my good form coincided with Joey Barton being in form in his role as a deep lying playmaker

* No matter how many instructions to the contrary I give Jonas, he will ALWAYS have a wild shot at goal over having a pass (very frustrating)

* This version is a lot more difficult than FM2009, for me. I like to play without reading any of the tactical or player guides on here and I have found a much greater challenge than I thought. To be honest, my lack of tactical nous has probably been found out (I barely watch it on TV any more). That said, it was a great challenge and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Has anyone else been sacked as I have?

Hi Taxman,

that might have looked like a catalogue of depression but have to say was an entertaining read. Well done for sticking it out :thup:

Haven't been sacked on FM11....yet, but there's always time for that to change. I have been sacked a couple of times on previous versions. Got the boot at Leeds after 2 seasons back on the dim and distant days of Champ Man 97/98. I also got sacked on FM06 or 07 after half a season by Armina Bielefeld in the German Second division. Was especially galling as I'd just landed two very decent looking players in the winter transfer window, but got the boot before I could play them because of the German winter break. My replacement went on to have a great run with those two players doing a brilliant job...the sod.

I have just started a new game with my beloved Newcastle. I have chosen European qualification through the league as my season expectation so I could get £25m to spend in the transfer market. So hopefully we can make it into the Europa League by finishing in the top six in the Premier League.

I have signed these players.

Eden Hazard for £16m.

Gary Cahill for £6m.

Tom Cairney for £2.6m

Christian Benitez for £1.9m

Bressan for £160k.

Vincent Enyeama for £230k.

Pavel Niakhaichyk for £1.1m.

Teko Modise for £160k.

Darwin Quintero for £1.4m.

Milan Badelj for £3.9m (deal in 48 month installments)

Mikael Lustig for £1.2m

Marco Veratti for £440k.

It's still impossoble to sell any players at Newcastle in the first season but Man City did offer me £6.75m and 35% of profit on next deal for Nile Ranger. I also loaned out Lovenkrands to Leicester City for a £775k loan fee and also a few of the kids have went out on loan. I released Kuqi by mutual consent as well but the warning that normally asks if you are sure you want to release him didn't come up for some reason does anyone know how to get it back ?.

The Taxman: That was a very funny post :) on what was unfortunately a dissapointing time with Newcastle for you. I have never been sacked on FM touch wood, Although I have probably just jinxed myself now though :o.

So this is what my first team looks like now.

The players in bold are my starters.

Enyeama/Krul.

Simpson/Lustig/R.Taylor Cahill/S.Taylor Coloccini/Kadar/Campbell Enrique/Ferguson/Kadar

Tiote/Smith Barton/Badelj/Crainey

Pavel Niakhaichyk/Lua Lua Ben Arfa/Ireland/Nolan Hazard/Jonas

Benitez/Quintero

Pavel Niakhaichyk has got injured pretty straight away for 2 months so I have given Lua Lua the chance on the right wing and he has been very good so far :). Milan Badelj is back up to Barton this season, but I will probably sell Barton next season if we get any offers just to get his wages off the wage budget and then Milan Badelj will become first choice.

Christian Benitez is on fire early in his Newcastle career and he has a very impressive 12 goals in 9 Premier League games although 4 of them were from the penalty spot :).

He's defintely worth every penny and he's fast becoming my favourite FM player :).

We are 10th after 9 games but we have had to play Man Utd (h), Chelsea (a), Spurs (h), Liverpool (a) in them games but we got 4 points off them games so I would of been happy with that before I played them. But we got hammered 5-1 off Liverpool and 4-1 off spurs even though we were just as good on the day if not better but we couldn't put our chances away :(. We beat Man Utd 2-0 and drew with Chelsea 0-0 which I was over the moon with.

Our biggest problem has been conceeding from free kicks and corners and it seems we conceed at least one every game from set pieces :( has anyone got any advice on defending set pieces ?

Our biggest problem has been conceeding from free kicks and corners and it seems we conceed at least one every game from set pieces :( has anyone got any advice on defending set pieces ?

Ummmmm....pray???

To be honest that seems to be the biggest weakness for my teams in all my saves, on this patch and the earlier ones. We seem to concede very cheaply from corners. Not every game, though it does feel like it at times. Nothing I've tried seems to improve it.

On the flip side I seem to score a good few from set pieces as well so I'll just have to live with it.

So this is what my first team looks like now.

The players in bold are my starters.

Enyeama/Krul.

Simpson/Lustig/R.Taylor Cahill/S.Taylor Coloccini/Kadar/Campbell Enrique/Ferguson/Kadar

Tiote/Smith Barton/Badelj/Crainey

Pavel Niakhaichyk/Lua Lua Ben Arfa/Ireland/Nolan Hazard/Jonas

Benitez/Quintero

this is a brilliant lineup mate..

ive been looking around for a good lineup i can get going with newcastle and im going with something similar.. with a few additions and a few taken out of course...

btw.. ive never failed to sell jonas (usually 6 mil aswell to liverpool) and harper , usually to villa (1mill or so but have to pay some wages)

this is a brilliant lineup mate..

ive been looking around for a good lineup i can get going with newcastle and im going with something similar.. with a few additions and a few taken out of course...

btw.. ive never failed to sell jonas (usually 6 mil aswell to liverpool) and harper , usually to villa (1mill or so but have to pay some wages)

Thanks mate, I am finding it impossible to sell anyone of the big earners this season. The January transfer window has just opened so I will be again trying to sell but I am not going to hold my breath.

Why would you sell Jonas he's class on FM, Hazard has been injured for a couple of months now so Jonas been playing brilliantly with 6 goals and 4 assists in just 11 games.

We have just beaten Spurs to gain revenge on the 4-1 defeat earlier in the season :). In this game we had a lot of first teamers injured as well player like Gary Cahill, Steven Taylor, Jose Enrique, Cheick Tiote, Milan Badelj, Kazenga Lua Lua and Eden Hazard yet we still won :eek:.

spurs17toonineplfirstse.jpg

In Feb first season.....

.....lying 2nd in the league to Man U.....visited Old Trafford and went 2-0 up within 30 minutes........65 minutes gone 3-0 up.......the win was looking nailed on.....doh!! in the 6th minute of injury time (well it's being played at Old Trafford what would you expect, wow the realism of this game) they get an equaliser and the game ends 4-4 !!!!! we are sitting 12 points clear of 5th placed Liverpool so champs league is looking good.

The next game is an FA Cup home tie against Middlesborough after beating Bolton and Birmingham away.....

Gary Cahill and Alex Smithies have earn't an England call up....and Joey Barton is playing superb (avg rating 7.34) as a box-to-box midfielder

Hopefully will finally finish the 1st season tonight......

AddicksFan73: I going very well, what players have you signed apart from Gary Cahill and Alex Smithies ?

We have just beaten the Mackems 3-0 at the Stadium of ***** but the dirty buggers have injured two of my star players. Eden Hazard who has been very injury prone this season is out for 6 months with a broken leg :( and Pavel Niakhaichyk who has also been injured a lot this season is out for a month.

After 24 games we are 4th in the Premier League behind league leaders Man Utd and Man City and Spurs who are 2nd and 3rd respectively.

I have signed Connor Whickham from Ipswich Town in a straight swap with Danny Guthrie but we are paying Guthrie £5.5k until the end of the 2011/2012 season. I have also had a bid accepted from Southampton for Alex Chamberlain in a straight swap with Leon Best so hopefully Best will agree to go to Southampton.

Col,

sounds like you've been very unlucky with Hazard there. Don't think he's normally all that injury prone. I've signed him a few seasons in on one of my other saves and his injury history has been pretty good, few injuries, nothing that leaps out and makes you think he's another Woodgate or someone like that.

maybe he's just been targeted by the opposition for some rough treatment. Was Cattermole anywhere near either of them by any chance?

No strangely Lee Cattermole was nowhere near either of the bad tackles it was Phil Bardsley who injured Eden Hazard and all we got was a throw in :mad: and Cheik M'Bengue injured Pavel Niakhaichyk in the build up to the Christian Benitez goal but neither of them got a booking.

I have just had a look at Eden Hazard's injury history and he has been injured at three different times in the half a season that we have played, he was out with concussion for 6 days, then he was out for 6 weeks for strained knee ligaments and now he's out for 6 months with a broken leg :(.

Ouch, you have been unlucky with him. Just checked his injury history on my save and he was only out once during his first season with me, and only 6 times over the three years previously.

Compared to Robin Van Dodgyknee in my Arsenal squad who's been out 5 times with injury in the period since Hazard arrived at the club.

Thanks mate, I am finding it impossible to sell anyone of the big earners this season. The January transfer window has just opened so I will be again trying to sell but I am not going to hold my breath.

Why would you sell Jonas he's class on FM, Hazard has been injured for a couple of months now so Jonas been playing brilliantly with 6 goals and 4 assists in just 11 games.

seriously just cant stand him on this game.. i dont like wingers who cant cross tbh.. i think thats he issue really :/

seriously just cant stand him on this game.. i dont like wingers who cant cross tbh.. i think thats he issue really :/

Fair enough, I like my wingers to be inside forwards cutting inside and creating havoc in the oppositions box.

NEWCASTLE END OF SEASON ONE REVIEW.

In our first season in the Premier League we finished in 3rd place and only 7 points behind Premier League champions Manchester United. If some of our star players hadn't been injured for long periods during the season I think we could of challenged for the title, but when players like Eden Hazard, Pavel Niakhaichyk, Jose Enrique and Milan Badelj are missing most teams would miss them.

We finished the season as top goal scorers with a impressive goals for tally of 96 with Christian Benitez getting scoring 33 goals in 33 Premier League games and just missing out on the golden boot award that went to Carlos Tevez who scored 35 league goals.

Our defence was really poor though and we conceeded 45 goals in 38 games, and that will need addressing next season if we are going to be successful. I will try to sign Phil Jones or Ryan Shawcross depending on how much cash we off Mike Ashley. Sebastien Bassong is transfer listed for £3m and Jonathan Woodgate is available on a free if Spurs don't renew his contract which are other options for the defence.

The other good news was that Sunderland got relegated to the Championship :).

PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE.

toonepltableinseason1pa.jpg

IN THE CUPS.

In the cups I fielded backups/reserve team players so I could keep my first team fresh for the Premier League.

Carling Cup 4th round. Stoke City 2-1 Newcastle United.

FA cup 3rd round. Newcastle United 1-3 Blackburn Rovers.

THE SQUAD.

toonsquadinseason1patch.jpg

I have been wheeling and dealing in the transfer market after Mike Ashley only give me £7.5m for European qualification through the league and I think we have a real chance of winning the Premier League this season :).

These are the best players we have signed this season so far.

Charles N'Zogbia for a bargain £1m plus a friendly after Wigan got relegated and wanted him off the wages budget.

Owen Hargreaves on a free transfer.

Guillermo Burdisso for £925k.

Phil Jones for £13.5m.

Davide Santon on loan (£975k fee).

Pablo Zabaleta for £3.3m.

Alex Smithies in a straight swap with Leon Best.

Nampalys Mendy for £3.5m

Jonathan Woodgate on a free transfer.

Mahamadou Diarra on a free transfer.

Garra Dembele for £875k.

Chaouki Ben Saada on a free transfer.

These are some of the players that have been sold so far.

Wayne Routledge for £2.7m

Shola Ameobi for £1.2m.

Dan Gosling for £5m.

Teko Modise for £1.5m.

Peter Lovenkrands for £775k.

Alan Smith for £825k.

Fabricio Coloccini for £8.25m.

Joey Barton for £8.25m.

Tim Krul for £3.4m.

Mike Williamson for £2.6m.

Mikael Lustig for £4.5m.

Guillermo Burdisso has just scored 4 goals in a match after reading that corners being aimed at the near post and not the far post like it was in the last patch. He only got a 9.9 rating as well what does he have to do to get a 10 ?.

Col_Nufc the players I have signed first season:-

Xherdan Shaqiri - Basel - Signed initially on loan and then decided to activate his loan clause of £2.2M in January. Has been the Prem Lge Young player of the month 3 times and he is keeping Ben Arfa out the side.

Alex Smithies - Huddersfield - £925K

Gary Cahill - Bolton - £6M

Vedad Ibisevic - Hoffenheim - £6.75M

Cristian Benitez - (can't remember from where as at work) - £1M everyone buys him but he is so overrated and for that price it's rude not to..

Gabriel Silva - (again at work so can't remember) - £3.4M (release fee clause) Great little Left Back and one for the future..

Sigporsson - AZ Alkmaar - £2.1M - A young striker Icelandic with great potentail

Only a few games left for the season now and am yoyoing between 2nd and 3rd place with Arsenal......Man U are now 5 pts clear and look a good bet to win the title. We are 9 pts clear of Liverpool in 5th so Champs lge looks a good bet.

In the FA Cup have a Quarter Final away to Tottenham......haven't lost to them this season having beaten them at the lane first game of the season.

Got a number of potential transfer targets and a whole host of players that I want to sell on to raise some funds....Mainly looking for a class right back and Centre back....already got Phil Jones in mind for the Centre Back position and given his versatility he should do well. Want to lighten the wage bill as well as a number of players are being way overpayed.....

End of season report tonight

Lost in the FA Cup Final to Chelsea in my first season. :(

85th minute winner from Alex after we had taken the lead. Gutted. But we qualify for the Europa League as a result, so it's not all bad.

Unlucky there Oba, but at least you have secured European football next season at SJP :).

Col_Nufc the players I have signed first season:-

Xherdan Shaqiri - Basel - Signed initially on loan and then decided to activate his loan clause of £2.2M in January. Has been the Prem Lge Young player of the month 3 times and he is keeping Ben Arfa out the side.

Alex Smithies - Huddersfield - £925K

Gary Cahill - Bolton - £6M

Vedad Ibisevic - Hoffenheim - £6.75M

Cristian Benitez - (can't remember from where as at work) - £1M everyone buys him but he is so overrated and for that price it's rude not to..

Gabriel Silva - (again at work so can't remember) - £3.4M (release fee clause) Great little Left Back and one for the future..

Sigporsson - AZ Alkmaar - £2.1M - A young striker Icelandic with great potentail

Only a few games left for the season now and am yoyoing between 2nd and 3rd place with Arsenal......Man U are now 5 pts clear and look a good bet to win the title. We are 9 pts clear of Liverpool in 5th so Champs lge looks a good bet.

In the FA Cup have a Quarter Final away to Tottenham......haven't lost to them this season having beaten them at the lane first game of the season.

Got a number of potential transfer targets and a whole host of players that I want to sell on to raise some funds....Mainly looking for a class right back and Centre back....already got Phil Jones in mind for the Centre Back position and given his versatility he should do well. Want to lighten the wage bill as well as a number of players are being way overpayed.....

End of season report tonight

Some good signings there AddicksFan73. I tried to sign Xherdan Shaqiri and Gabriel Silva but they rejected us and chose to go to Arsenal and Galatasaray instead.

Good luck for the rest of your season and hopefully you will qualify for the Champions League and win the FA cup.

For your right back next season what about Davide Santon on loan or Pablo Zabaleta (transfer listed on my game for about £3m). For your centre back try Phil Jones, Guillermo Burdisso (a bargain £925k), Jonathan Woodgate on a free transfer.

Who comes up with the shortlists if Newcastle are managed by the AI me wonders?

I'm managing Arsenal a few seasons in on another save and checking out the Newcastle team they've signed several players they've been linked to in real life recently....

Gameiro, Rondon, Gervinho and Witsel amongst others.....some kind of spooky 'Paul the Octopus' foresight going on there perhaps :eek::p

It must be witchcraft DandyDon :p.

The FA computer must hate me with the fixtures it has given us in the FA cup this season. In the 3rd round our reserves beat Middlesbrough at the Riverside 7-3, then we got Chelsea in the 4th round at SJP we beat them 3-0. The 5th round was a trip to London to play Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium were we won 2-0, next up in the quater final was Liverpool at Anfield in a very entertaining game we beat them 4-3 (about time we won 4-3 at Anfield :)). Now we have been drawn against Man City in the semi final, that must be the hardest run in the FA cup ever :eek:.

It must be witchcraft DandyDon :p.

The FA computer must hate me with the fixtures it has given us in the FA cup this season. In the 3rd round our reserves beat Middlesbrough at the Riverside 7-3, then we got Chelsea in the 4th round at SJP we beat them 3-0. The 5th round was a trip to London to play Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium were we won 2-0, next up in the quater final was Liverpool at Anfield in a very entertaining game we beat them 4-3 (about time we won 4-3 at Anfield :)). Now we have been drawn against Man City in the semi final, that must be the hardest run in the FA cup ever :eek:.

If you get through all that, you better not lose to some lower league club in the final!!

That is a hell of a run though :thup:

Aye that would be typical Newcastle that like.

We are in March in the second season and a consortium is in talks with Mike Ashley to buy the club and will replace me with Martin O'Niell if the takeover goes through :(.

Well I've given in to temptation.... November 2014 on my Wolfsburg save and Newcastle manager Mick McCarthy is given the boot with the Magpies hovering just above the relegation places in 14th place and on 14 points, 1 point above the dreaded drop zone.

The Newcastle board offered me the job and despite misgivings I decided to accept the challenge of getting them back into the top half. I have an initial transfer budget of £6.25 million and we're spending 841,000 a week on wages out of a £1 million budget.

Of course it's still November so I have over a month before I can make changes to the squad I have inherited. A squad very low on morale, with a lack of top quality in goal, central defence and in midfield. Fortunately there are some majorly talented players still there. Enrique, Tiote, Ben Arfa and Barton remain plus Gameiro is available upfront.

Newcastle Squad 2013

NewcastleUnitedNewcastle_Players-5.png

Edit: Ahem...of course I should note it's 2013 on this save, not 2014, was getting ahead of myself a bit

After losing our Champions league quater final 1st leg 4-1 against Barcelona in the Nou Camp and without Charles N'Zogbia, Owen Hargreaves, Milan Badelj and Gervinho I didn't hold out much hope for the return leg but then this happened.

nufc60barcelonachampiio.jpg

To say I was delighted with that result was a under statement :D. That's now two big wins since the news that Martin O'Niell wants my job and it looks like my players are fighting for me :).

Archived