FM11: Newcastle United Team Guide @ Sports Interactive @ SJP.com

ChrisNUFC

Looks a good deal for that price and I like his ppm's. I'll probably let him focus on his positioning though.

I was looking at Aurier (expensive though) and Coleman (2.3m deal) for that role.

I tend to do a bit of research on players before I buy them. Turkish Cafu :D

Yeah i have him on the individual training focus working on his positioning.

His ppms are great apart from argues with officials which could lead to a few suspensions.

I hope he's half the player Cafu was then he will be some player :D

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's one more option to consider when I get my hands on the full game. He must have escaped my filters with his positioning.

Other players I've signed on 1st Jan in the demo (limited options due to self-imposed transfer embargo in 1st transfer window) and will be looking to sign in the full game to see how they turn out are:

Dudu (Cruzeiro), good in FM10 and a versatile attacking player. Comes in as age 18 and will eventually be a home-grown player.

Dalton (SC Internacional), remembered him as a good DC in FM10 and he looks like a ball-playing DC too. Speaks English to boot.

Gueida Fofana (Havre AC), great-looking young French midfielder with nice physicals already.

Server Jeparov (Bunyodkor Toshkent), cheap and looks useful as a backup

That's one more option to consider when I get my hands on the full game. He must have escaped my filters with his positioning.

Other players I've signed on 1st Jan in the demo (limited options due to self-imposed transfer embargo in 1st transfer window) and will be looking to sign in the full game to see how they turn out are:

Dudu (Cruzeiro), good in FM10 and a versatile attacking player. Comes in as age 18 and will eventually be a home-grown player.

Dalton (SC Internacional), remembered him as a good DC in FM10 and he looks like a ball-playing DC too. Speaks English to boot.

Gueida Fofana (Havre AC), great-looking young French midfielder with nice physicals already.

Server Jeparov (Bunyodkor Toshkent), cheap and looks useful as a backup

I always used to sign Dalton and Dudu on FM10 both turned into very good players for me.

Gueida Fofana looks a great prospect for the future. If you get Alan Smith to tutor him with his great mental attributes he should turn into a quality player.

I tried to sign Server Jeparov on FM10 but could never get a work permit for him :(

I have found a way to get the wages of the high earners down offer them a new contract with the clause wage after 5 games and they accept massive wage cuts :D.

So far i have got these to sign new deals

Jonas £55k after 5 games down to £18k

Coloccini £80k after 5 games down to £40k

Smith £50k after 5 games down to £18k

Nolan £50k after 20 games down to £18k

Campbell £25k after 5 games down to £14k

Enrique £55k after 5 games down to £18k

It also works signing new players i signed

Jay DeMerit on £13.25k after 5 games down to £8k

Febian Brandy on £5k after 5 games down to £1.5k

That's a massive bug to be honest.

if anyone is struggling with results, try this 433: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/224902-433-The-Real-Invincibles!-%283-seasons-unbeaten-and-counting...%29 - I use Carroll as the main striker

Had some good results with this, and used the default 541 vs Man Utd, Chelsea etc. Teamtalks have quite a big influence, and so far only had success with 'expect to win' or 'you can win'.

Teamtalks have quite a big influence, and so far only had success with 'expect to win' or 'you can win'.

I totally agree with this. I don't think i have managed even a draw when using anything other than "you can win" or " I expect a win".

Kevin Nolan is brilliant in the AMC position as attacking midfielder with attack duty he has 6 goals in 12 games so far.

Julien Faubert on loan (£140k loan fee) is doing really well playing as a winger on support duty.

Signed:

Vincent Enyaema - £300k

Peter Utaka - £1.4 million

Michael Ball - Free

Steve Finnan - Free

Sold:

Haris Vuckic - LOAN - £150k fee

Steve Harper - LOAN - £500k fee

Alan Smith - £1 million (Had to pay some of wages but not loads)

Xisco - £2.5 million to Stoke

Thanks for the tips, managing Newcastle is really tricky in FM 11. Trying to use the £1.6 million transfer budget to sign A Meite as CB cover.

Not long to go!!!

Here's something I've noticed in the demo - I usually (comfortably) win the pre-season friendlies then things do not always go as well in the league. Given that this match preparation isn't great, and theyre all away fixtures so no revenue from them, do you think its worth scrapping them for some tougher tests? Anyone tried this?

I usually cancel all the pre-season fixtures as they're too closely arranged (3 days between each one), which leads to tired players and injuries.

i like to keep them, but play far more reserves / <18's sometimes only putting 1/2 first team layers out

io do try to add 2home games though against reasoable opposition to get my starting 11 to gel

One more final question for you Chris - Are there any major changes to the Toon db for the release day patch? Wondering if I can start straight away or have to wait a coupla days.

Start straight away or wait a couple of days for the release day patch? That sounds suspicious! Known issues have been posted in the data issue forum, I'll be looking to change them ASAP - not sure when that will be, though.

Whos everyones first signing as NUFC going to be? i think rafeal as RB on loan is a must!

given the budget, i'm thinking no-one

i may make some free bids for finnan and michael ball then see what comes up in the larger database

i've found the demos in the past are a very poor representation of the full game in that respect. even loading just the Italian and Spanish leagues changes the entire feel of the market, it becomes far more realistec (without those 2 i find the transfer market gets a tad lopsided as all the top players go to united Chelsea arsenal and the pool)

Whos everyones first signing as NUFC going to be? i think rafeal as RB on loan is a must!

A striker and fullbacks (prob free or loan)

Based on the demo only:

A striker on loan (prob Macheda)

Finnan and Ball to cover FB positions

But I'm sure with a full database there might be other alternatives

Haha - I'm from Australia, and with the whole time-diff thing I'm not sure as to when exactly I'll have the patch. I'm wondering if it'll change anything because I want to jump straight in tomorrow but don't want to if the patch will change the Toon a couple of days later forcing a restart.

Whats going to happen with Calderwood's position? Will the AI promote Tweddle or someone up or will it be position vacant for the start of the season and me trudging around with my empty pockets begging folk to come and be my assistant for the tenner a week the board will approve

On the demo I've secured Seamus Coleman and Macheda on loan (I miss the parent club from last season, nice to get some of Arsenal's quality kids for nowt) I decided to keep my squad and Smith who would have been first out has been my star player thus far I've set out to reduce wages in contract renewals instead. My reserve players seem to be sacking agents left, right and centre after I pull out of talks

I've fallen out with Steven Taylor over my discipline twice, so much so he's en route to Stoke for £4.5m in January and I was so annoyed I tried to free transfer him!

Whats going to happen with Calderwood's position? Will the AI promote Tweddle or someone up or will it be position vacant for the start of the season and me trudging around with my empty pockets begging folk to come and be my assistant for the tenner a week the board will approve

On the demo I've secured Seamus Coleman and Macheda on loan (I miss the parent club from last season, nice to get some of Arsenal's quality kids for nowt) I decided to keep my squad and Smith who would have been first out has been my star player thus far I've set out to reduce wages in contract renewals instead. My reserve players seem to be sacking agents left, right and centre after I pull out of talks

I've fallen out with Steven Taylor over my discipline twice, so much so he's en route to Stoke for £4.5m in January and I was so annoyed I tried to free transfer him!

on my game peter Beardsley is the assistant manager

very shrt on staff, but through free transfers i very quickly got ever aspect of my training bar 1-2 to 4* plus

even got paul winsper on 1k a week, hes a 5* fitness coach

So, started my game as Newcastle and boy is it tough! Injury ravaged and broke! Anyway, I tried making some bargain deals and kept getting beat by other teams and finally scouts came through with some good options. So far

OUT

Shola Ameobi - 4.5mill$ - Wigan

Wayne Routledge - 1.5mill$ - Aston Villa

Xisco - Loan

Alan Smith - Loan

Nile Ranger - 4.3mill$ - Chelsea

IN

Federico Macheda - Loan - 1.2mill$

Yacine Brahimi - 1.5mill$

Fofana Gueida - 1.9mill$

Gai Assulin - FREE

Danny Shittu - FREE

Shaun Hutchinson - 1.2mill$

Christian Benitez - 2.2mill$

Now the bank is empty! Had a really good pre-season and won all the friendlies with a decent score and so player morale is pretty good. About to play my first match against Wigan!

OUT:

Xisco - 2.5 mln to Palermo

Ameobi - 2.5mln to Wigan

Ranger - Loan to Hull

IN:

Van Aanholt - Loan from Chelsea

Pires - Free

Ruben Suarez - 475k from Levante

Rurik Gislason - 825k from OB

Faubert - Loan from West Ham

Tactics: 4-2-3-1

GK: Harper

DR: R Taylor

DC: Coloccini

DC: Campbell

DL: Jose Enrique

MC (Box-to-box): Barton

MC: (Ball-winning): Tiote

AMR (Winger): Ben Arfa

AML (Inside forward): Jonas

AMC (Trequartista): Pires

ST (Target Man): Carroll

Pretty happy with my squad for now - the signings I made were more for depth than added value. Started off the season with home victories against Sunderland and Everton, which is nice.

Also, does anyone else think Cheikh Tiote is a tad underrated as a defensive midfielder? His positioning and tackling could certainly do with a boost imo.

These are my transfers so far early in pre season.

Out

Xisco on loan to Valencia for a loan fee of £2m

Ryan Taylor on loan to Stoke for a loan fee of £1.7m

Shola Ameobi to Wigan part exchange (I am still paying him £12.75k until his contract finishes)

Ryan Donaldson on loan to Scunthorpe for a loan fee of £400k

Kevin Nolan on loan to Fulham for a loan fee of £2.2m

In

Vadim Demidov on a free from Rosenborg he will sign in January.

Hugo Rodallega on a Part exchange with Shola Ameobi no money involved.

Rivaldo on a free

Alberto Lora from Real Sporting for £1.4m

Fabian Carini on a free

Steve Finnan on a free

Michael Ball on a free

Selim Benachour on a free

Jay DeMerit on a free

Gai Assulin on a free

Roberto Baronio on a free

Fabian Carini is the GK right? I think my scouts picked up on him but I decided to go with Harper for first season. Let me know how Carini turns out! Might pick him when I start a Leeds game.

Strangely, I decided to sign him and send Krul out on loan for 1st team experience. Sadly, Carini doesn't seem to settle too well in the UK.

Fabian Carini is the GK right? I think my scouts picked up on him but I decided to go with Harper for first season. Let me know how Carini turns out! Might pick him when I start a Leeds game.

That's the one.

I am going to rotate him and Harper and send Krul out on loan to hopefully develop faster with first team football.

Strangely, I decided to sign him and send Krul out on loan for 1st team experience. Sadly, Carini doesn't seem to settle too well in the UK.

Hopefully Carini will settle down well on my game with all the South Americans i have.

Having a real issue getting my players to shoot. Even with the touchline shout 'shoot on sight' only manage 5 shots at goal in 90 mins, compared to the 20 the opposition have. Really annoyed.

I am having that problem as well. For some reason we try to walk it into the back of the net :(

Got my Newcastle game properly underway now. Made a few purchases but nothing major. Have loaned out Xisco and Perch and brought in Gai Assulin on a free, Vegar Eggen Hedenstad for 900k, Alberto Lora for 1.5M (looks really good) and Connor Wickham for 2.8M (Dubbed the new Alan Shearer :p). Lost my first game at home to everton but then won away at chelsea 1-0 with a Kevin Nolan goal. Will try to update as i progress.

I am having that problem as well. For some reason we try to walk it into the back of the net :(

I have the same problem. The other coaches taunt me after match saying I should not be trying to walk to goals in.

Won the away game against Wigan 2-0 and lost the home game against Liverpool 4-0 :/

Have you tried focusing on attacking movement in match prep? Might help.

I have filled the workrate bar of attacking movement and it has helped a little bit but we are still not getting enough shots at goal for my liking :(. As a result we are drawing games we should be winning.

I signed Sebastian Bassong on transfer deadline day on loan for £210k loan fee and a £4m future fee.

board is tough to get through they gave me no money and a budget of 1.8 Mill Euros !

what am i supposed to do with that ?

formation = 4-3-2-1 (jonas and ben arfa out wide)

5 free transfers (Yakubu, Maresca,Goncalves,Mendy,tonetto)

2 loans (sankhare and kiko)

i can't even afford wages more than 4200 Euros a month so .. shiiite !

Moving on to the first league match with the reds !

AMC (Attack)

Highish Creative Freedom

Runs Lots

Long Shots Little

He's been pretty good for me too. Him teaming up with Jonas and Assulin in the attacking mid line does wonders! Also Jonas is being a bit of a cowboy for me. Always always always goes for solo attempts, and if I try to interact with him and tell him to pass more, he refuses. Carroll has been mostly disappointing so I've put him on the bench and will prolly transfer him out come January. My striker signing Benitez and loan Macheda are doing a very good job. Leon Best is coming out of injury too so him, Carroll, Steven Taylor and Guthrie are going out in Jan. Prolly sign in another striker and defender.

AMC (Attack)

Highish Creative Freedom

Runs Lots

Long Shots Little

I had been playing him on the wing but i have played him as a attacking midfielder with attack duty from the AMC position and in the last few games and he has scored 1 and made 4 :)

how in gods name do you sell players?! I really want rid of xisco, ameobi, routledge and probably will want rid of nolan and guthrie soon

You just have to loan them out and hope they play well so teams will sign them next season.

Archived