FM11: Newcastle United Team Guide @ Sports Interactive @ SJP.com

ChrisNUFC

Only the FA Cup. I'm in the 4th round against Norwich, only got a 2:2 at their place so replay at SJP soon. Lost in the LC 3rd round at QPR.

Sad thing in the league is I was cruising at the top but have only won 2 of my last 6.

Well with any luck Utd and Citeh will struggle on in Europe and lose all their best players to injury ;)

fingers crossed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else manage to get Davide Santon and Thiago Alacantra on frees at the end of first season (patch 11.3)? I did!!! I am now entering season 4 and my best line up is: Krul, Digne, Zapata, Jones, Santon, Weiss, Canales, Sandro, Hoilett, Babacar, Paloschi .......... I got a takeover season 3 and I received 50m transfer budget. I won the Fa Cup first season with a 6th place finish, second season i won charity shield and europa league with a 5th place finish :O, thrid season I came 2nd but went far in competitions so it was a good season. Hopefully the title this 4th season.

P.S. I created a 4-4-2 attacking fluid tactic with 2 poachers and i have used it throughout my save without any tweaks and it is class!!!

Just as I bought Corchia for the RB slot, out came the oppurtunity to sign Santon on a free & I quickly offered him a contract and luckily he chose to sign for us even when there were far bigger teams who wanted him. He's on a 51k a week though.

Just lost 1-0 at home to Dagenham and Redbridge in the League cup.....put out a 2nd string team though.....and Liverpool have just lost 5-0 away to Blackburn???

same thing has happened to me twice but atleast you can focus on the league and to be fair our 2nd string isn't premier league standard. Liverpool however :confused:

A couple of days left in the transfer window in the 2nd season and the squad looks like this :

ssquad.png

Bought N'zonzi for £1M (bargain) as Tiote's backup and Thiago Alcantara came in on a free. Inkoom came is as first choice right back for £8.25 as i wanted to try someone different from the usual Aurier and Corchia etc. Also, Okan Alkan came in as right back back-up. Any suggestions on team strengthening. Mostly playing 4-1-3-2 with 1 DM, 1 CM, LM and RM in the middle. Lualua has started the season on fire with 3 goals and an assist in 1(2) games!

If you want any screenshots, just ask :)

Does anyone have any suggestions for a 1st choice left back?

I set myself abit of a principle to not pay more than £50,000 a week for any player and tried to rid the club of all high paid players. Just at the beginning of the season and there are non of the Bartons, Nolans, Collocini's at the club, unfortuantely that meant Enrique had to go to! I did break my limit to sign Neymar for a costly £23mil and £60,000 a week and in all honesty he has been largely disappointing.

Current squad is;

GK

Fraser Forster

Jack Butland

DF

Dennis Appiah

Roger Johnson

Fazio

Javier Garrido

Jonathan Woodgate

Danny Simpson

Mike Williamson

Luis Pedro

MD

Tom Cairney

Jack Cork

Andy King

Danny Guthrie

Louis Parfait

Christian Eriksen

AM

Adam Johnson

Kazenga Lua Lua

Alex Chamberlain

Nicolas Anelka

Neymar

ST

Nicolas Gaitlan

Andy Carroll

Nile Ranger

Haris Vuckic

just managed to win the FA cup in my first season

2-1 against sunderland

kinda rings a bit hollow though, the only worthwhile team i played was man city in the 4/5th round, otherwise it was all league 1/championship teams

shipped nolan out on loan after i switched to 4-4-2, haven't lost a game in 24 since i did. have the quality to beat the lower teams, and for some reason my players just perform so much better against the big teams that i managed to scrape draws

damn board won't give me a new contract though :/

apparantly winning the cup and getting 7th isn't enough to prove i'm worth it XD

lukaku, or tomas necid

both young both around 7 mill

necid scores more out of the 2 as well

browse back a few pages and you can see plenty cheep young midfield options

i'm at the start of my second season now, still putting the squad together but i had

gk: enyeama/krul

rb: R.taylor/s.taylor/pekarik

cb: Cahill/S.Taylor

cb: Colochini/S.Taylor

lb: Enrique/R.Taylor/kadar

rm: jonas/ninis/niakhaichyk

dcm: baton/tiote

cm: nolan/niakhaichyk/bressan/cairney

lm: ben arfa/jonas/niakhaichyk

tm: necid/ranger

st: lukaku/wickenham

as you can see by the adundance of midfielders i originally set up to play 4-5-1 befor switching to a 4-4-2

second season i've slimmed the squad, a lot

nolans out on loan (well went out in january)

bartons smith guthrie colocini xisco routlege best and enyeama (damn release clause) all gone

hargreeves, shawcross and guillermo burdisso in so far, looking for 1/2 pacey strikers to complete my european charge this year

the versatility of some of my younger players right now is a godsend, 4 wingers all capable/comfortable on both sides, with 3 of them all capable in a central amc role too :D

this seasons looking like:

gk:Forster/krul

rb: Staylor/Rtaylor

CB: Shawcross/burdisso

CB: Cahill/Burdisso

lb: Enrique/?????

rm:Ninis/jonas

dm: hargreeves/tiote

cm: bressan/cierny

lm:ben arfa/niakhaichyk

st:necid/lukaku

st:????/?????

thinking of turning vuckic into a fast striker though

I've had Necid on my shortlist since the first day I took over as manager actually. Might do some scouting and bring him in. What role is he best in? Pure target man to head or can he play a bit on the deck too?

Also, did Pekarik get many games? I've shortlisted him too but not sure about some of his attributes. Strength is quite low.

I've had Necid on my shortlist since the first day I took over as manager actually. Might do some scouting and bring him in. What role is he best in? Pure target man to head or can he play a bit on the deck too?

Also, did Pekarik get many games? I've shortlisted him too but not sure about some of his attributes. Strength is quite low.

played necid as both a target man and as a advanced striker, he scored equally well in both roles

and pekarik was my first choice rb for the entire season

may of made a mistake not making his loan a perm move, but decided to stick s.taylor out there (had to get my captain into the team somehow XD)

End of Season 2 update

Transfers

http://img833.imageshack.us/i/newcastleunitedtransfer.png/

Domestic

Was not as easy as it looks. Really it was tight title race as you can see at the end of the last page but then Man Utd and Chelsea seemed to fall apart.

http://img8.imageshack.us/i/englishpremierdivisionir.png/

Cups

League Cup: lost 2:1 at QPR in the 3rd round

FA Cup: beat Palace, Norwich, Villa, Brum and Wolves to reach the final but lost 2:1 to Arsenal.

Stats

http://img694.imageshack.us/i/newcastleunitednewcastlo.png/

Next Season

I'm trying to sign Santon permanently but that could be expensive. Promised to sell Lover and Xisco so also looking at new back-up strikers.

Thanks for reading.

Managed to finnish 7th first season without buying or selling anyone. Jonás was a monster and scored 16 leaguegoals, kind of funny for a guy with 5 in finishing, and he dropped to a 4 to...

Jonas was strangely prolific for me, nearly always got in double figures for goals playing AML as an inside forward. I'm sure some of them were rebounds that just happened to hit him though..

Jonas was strangely prolific for me, nearly always got in double figures for goals playing AML as an inside forward. I'm sure some of them were rebounds that just happened to hit him though..

thats not far off from what i saw, he got 9 for me, so much was just his sheer pace getting on to rebounds

such a great impact sub, if only he wasn't on 55k >.<

I've just signed Humberto Suazo and Christian Benitez to replace the gaping Andy Carroll sized hole in the Newcastle attack, I want to play a 442 with wide midfielders cutting inside, how would you set up the two?

I'm thinking maybe Suazo deep lying or trequartista and Benetiz as poacher.

I've been used to a big man little man when Carroll was here but I thought I'd try a little man little man for a change.

I played Carroll deep lying support but there doesn't seem to be any reason why these two can't play together.

I've just signed Humberto Suazo and Christian Benitez to replace the gaping Andy Carroll sized hole in the Newcastle attack, I want to play a 442 with wide midfielders cutting inside, how would you set up the two?

I'm thinking maybe Suazo deep lying or trequartista and Benetiz as poacher.

I've been used to a big man little man when Carroll was here but I thought I'd try a little man little man for a change.

I played Carroll deep lying support but there doesn't seem to be any reason why these two can't play together.

Yea, Suazo as a deep lying support and Benitez as a poacher (got 28 league goals in the first season for me as a poacher)

Just starting the 2nd season after a 6th place finish in the first. I've qualified for the Euro League Group stage, after knocking out Slaven Belupo and Motherwell. Been given a group of Leverkusen, Cluj and Tromsø.

Transfers in for the 2nd season is:

Alex Smithies - £900K

Juan Angel Albin - £6,5 mil

Lucas - £8 mil

Ibrahim Afellay - Loan, with option to buy for £4,5 mil

Micah Richards - £4,7 mil

In pre season leading to the start of the 2nd season and have brought a few players in.

Shawcross - £7.5m rising to £12.5m (Based on goals) - Starting CB

Emmanuel-Thomas - £1.4m - General cover through the middle

Amelia - Free - Starting GK til someone improves

Walker - Ln fee £300k with possibility of a £4.5m move when funds become available

Bah (Regen) - Tidy looking DM/CM for £230k

Out the door went:

Routledge - £1.8m

Williamson - £2.6m

Harper - £1.2m

Barton - £2.6m

Guthrie - £2.5m

Caio - £5.75m

Loans out:

R.Taylor - £425k

Perch - £400k

Best - £500k

£9.5m still to spend, trying to bring in cover for LB/RB and anoher CB.

In pre season leading to the start of the 2nd season and have brought a few players in.

Shawcross - £7.5m rising to £12.5m (Based on goals) - Starting CB

Good price for Shawcross, how many goals did you set for the extra £5 million? Because he's a bit of a goal machine from corners and free kicks :p

Just the 10 goals. I'm expecting to pay it over the next couple of seasons, but didn't want to pay all the cash upfront because I was wanting some money spare to strengthen elsewhere. Another CB to rotate between Rodwell/Shawcross at the moment is key, as well as backup for wings and fullbacks.

anmyone having trouble getting tiote a new contact?

i can't get him a work permit for love nor money :/

not had any yet. Is he playing regularly for you and the national team?

Edit: cr*p looks like I'm losing Paulo Henrique after only 1 season. Real Madrid have just met his release fee

How much is his release fee?

Just lost Diego for 4 month after his debut- a game against Stoke where we dominated but couldn't get on the scoresheet. Second game is against Liverpool so here's hoping ey!

GK: Amelia/Krul

RB: Walker/Simpson

LB: Enrique/Naughton

CB: Shawcross/S.Taylor

CB: Rodwell/Rami

CM: Agyei/JET

CM: Cairney/Tiote

AMR: Ben Arfa/Chamberlain/LuaLua

AML: A.Johnson/Jonas

ST: Benitez/Wickham/Greenwood®/Ranger

I can also lineup with 2 upfront against weaker opposition, but I'm pleased with the strength out wide and in centre back. Just need another CM to bolster the ranks to have a squad capable of challenging for Europe. Any suggestions? Would have to be a defensive midfielder type, but who can pass quite well?

How much is his release fee?

Just lost Diego for 4 month after his debut- a game against Stoke where we dominated but couldn't get on the scoresheet. Second game is against Liverpool so here's hoping ey!

GK: Amelia/Krul

RB: Walker/Simpson

LB: Enrique/Naughton

CB: Shawcross/S.Taylor

CB: Rodwell/Rami

CM: Agyei/JET

CM: Cairney/Tiote

AMR: Ben Arfa/Chamberlain/LuaLua

AML: A.Johnson/Jonas

ST: Benitez/Wickham/Greenwood®/Ranger

I can also lineup with 2 upfront against weaker opposition, but I'm pleased with the strength out wide and in centre back. Just need another CM to bolster the ranks to have a squad capable of challenging for Europe. Any suggestions? Would have to be a defensive midfielder type, but who can pass quite well?

46m was the release fee but they paid 48.25m.

M'Vila, Schwegler, Biagianti, Lucas Biglia, Mariga, Bolatti

Just finished first season finished 8th, very good seeing as I had 3 points from first 7 games before going to a 442.

Signed Gameiro-6.5m and Landon Donovan-10m as my strike pairing and both scored 20+. here is the team for season two

GK Enyeama/ Krul

RB Simpson/ Ilsinho

CB Fazio/Woodgate

CB Colo/Taylor

LB Enrique/ Corrales

CM Barton/ Jeperov

CM Paolo Henrique/ Nolan

AML Jonas/ Lua Lua

AMR Ben Arfa/Trochowski

ST Gameiro/Best

ST Donovan/Best

Got Ilsinho on a free & Henrique for 18m( Total transfer budget)

Roll on season 2

well i just cocked up royally

didn't spot that my wingers were out for 4-6 months and 4-6 weeks respectively

misread and though it said days so didn't bother to loan a backup befor the transfer window closed :/

really screwed right now as i don't have the dept so ninis is knackared and jonas is well, a liability this season, broken down more attacking moves for me than the opposition defence has >.>

Yea, Suazo as a deep lying support and Benitez as a poacher (got 28 league goals in the first season for me as a poacher)

Thanks for that nufc1.

GK Enyeama/ Krul

RB Simpson/ Ilsinho

I think Ilsinho would be ill suited to the full back or even wing back position, his tackling, positioning, teamwork and marking are all poor. His stats suggest he should be played as a winger.

I'm looking for a full back myself to hopefully replace Simpson since I don't think he's good enough. I also tried to get Enyeama as my no 1 keeper but he had no interest in joining. :(

well i just cocked up royally

didn't spot that my wingers were out for 4-6 months and 4-6 weeks respectively

misread and though it said days so didn't bother to loan a backup befor the transfer window closed :/

really screwed right now as i don't have the dept so ninis is knackared and jonas is well, a liability this season, broken down more attacking moves for me than the opposition defence has >.>

That's a sore one aelshar....anyone remotely decent still out there amongst the free agents who could do a job for 3 months?

End of Season 2

A quick update for season 2. Finished 5th in the league this time, an improvement from last season. Christian Benitez again scoring the majority of the goals with 32 in 31 league appearances, winning the Premie League and European golden boot! Joey Barton was the top assister in the league with 20. Heres the league table:

vleaguetable.png

Liverpool and Arsenal are out of the 'top 5'.

vteamseason2.png

Barton, Benitez and Lualua all had great seasons with Fraser Forster being capped twice for England and is looking good.

benitezz.png

Another unbelievable season for Benitez but he now wants to move to a bigger club :( any ideas for a replacement?

That's a sore one aelshar....anyone remotely decent still out there amongst the free agents who could do a job for 3 months?

no one even close... given how its going i think i'm going to have to revert to a save as i can't do anything. i',m reliant on wing play and its just not there atm. had i realized at the start it was a 6 month injury i would of singed completely different players :/

January 2012 - Fighting to get into the european qualification spots, currently one point away from the qualifying 7th position.

I the january transfer window, I have signed Nigel de Jong, Jerome Boateng and Dirk Kuyt. Quite happy with those signings.

Hi lads just thought I'd post about my save. I'm currently in September of the second season, having just played my first Champions League game after a mightily overachieving first season. Basically we finished 2nd in the Premiership, 5 points behind Tottenham. We then beat Spurs at Wembley to nick the FA Cup :) Cristian Benitez was absolutely god-like with 35 goals in 33 games. Gary Cahill was also a class buy, scoring 13 league goals from corners. Benitez's strike partner Ameobi had an impressive season also, with 16 goals and 15 assists in 29 games. Ben Arfa and Barton also deserve a mention with 23 and 19 assists respectively.

So after that amazing success I was given a whopping £9.25m (thanks Mike!) to strengthen in the summer. First thing I did was secure Yanis Tafer and Clement Grenier on frees from Lyon, then the Lyon hattrick was completed with the £2m signing of John Mensah (so overrated this patch :D). The wage bill was eased somewhat with the departures of Alan Smith, Kevin Nolan, Xisco, Guthrie et al, which brought in an added £8.5m. Once the wage bill was eased and I knew what I had to work with I went about searching for targets. I decided the most part of the money would go into strengthening AML, and had a choice between Marco Marin, Adem Ljajic, Eljero Elia or Arda Turan. In the end it was Elia who signed for an eventual fee of £15m. Next signing was Yaya Sanogo for £3.5m, follwed by Michael Mancienne for £2m. I loaned both Tom Cairney and Jack Wilshere, then rounded off my business with the free signing of Thiago (from Barcelona :D)

Very pleased with my team now and have won 5 out of 5 so far this term, scored 13 conceded 1 :) My squad is:

GK: F.Forster, T.Krul, S.Harper

DR: G.Van der Wiel, L.Hodson

DL: J.Enrique, D.Simpson, S.Ferguson

DC: G.Cahill, M.Mancienne

DC: F.Coloccini, J.Mensah, T.Kadar

DM: C.Tiote, Josue, D.Gosling

MC: J.Barton, C.Grenier, T.Cairney (Thiago is still injured but will hopefully take this spot as his own in the next couple of years)

AMR: H.Ben Arfa, J.Wilshere, H.Vuckic

AML: E.Elia, Jonas, K.LuaLua

ST: Y.Tafer, S.Ameobi

ST: C.Benitez, Y.Sanogo, N.Ranger

I can get Oscar Cardozo for £650,000 . . . Is he worth it? I know he's getting on in age, but I need a cheap back-up for a year or so...

At that price I reckon he'd be worth it for a year, he might not be quick but he's great finisher, gives you an option on set pieces as well. who else have you got up front?

I've got Humberto Suazo and Vedad Ibisevic as strikers, but I only play with one

I'd definitely pick him up then. Gives you some extra cover and he's something a little different to those two, and that price is bloody good for player of Cardozo's quality.

progressing well in my save....just coming upto January in the first season.

lying 2nd in the league losing only two games...both away....one to Arsenal 4-2 and the other to Sunderland (sorry toon fans) 2-1

home form is great...won every game with notable scalps of Man Utd and Liverpool.

Got a headache coming though, I play a 4-4-2....Ben Arfa only performs at the attacking midfielder positions for me and Nolan just does not perform at all in centre mid due to his low work rate.....don't want to move them on but will probably do so to bring in more effective players.....

[quote name=AddicksFan73;6632732

Got a headache coming though' date=' I play a 4-4-2....Ben Arfa only performs at the attacking midfielder positions for me and Nolan just does not perform at all in centre mid due to his low work rate.....don't want to move them on but will probably do so to bring in more effective players.....[/quote]

Yeah, i play 4-4-2 and had the same problems. Nolan is now behind Barton and Tiote in CM as he doesn't perform. With Ben Arfa, try giving him more creative freedom as well as having wide play set to cut inside and see if that helps.

On a separate not, is anyone still playing Vuckic? He's progressed pretty well on mine and is still only 21. Usually on my Newcastle saves, he takes the AM spot as a trequartista but since im playing 4-4-2, he's got a spot upfront as a deep-lying forward. He's been pretty good. Definitely the best of the youth!

76345462.png

Also, i got taken over by some wealthy businessman, giving me about £80M to spend at the start of season 4. Brought in Ramsey to back-up Barton for now, Toulalan (£2.9M) to back-up Tiote and Weiss and Gervinho to compete with Ben Arfa and Lualua on the wings.

Archived