Official FM2011 Match Engine Feedback Thread

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, it depends on exactly how you classify the chance.

I think say David Villa for example, if he had genuine one on one, not much pressure, he is looking to score 90% of the time. He is absolutely world class. He can easily pick his spot, or round the keeper. So can lots of people. Even say Darren Bent can put them away most times. In a a proper one on one this is. So he has a good 5 seconds minimum of time to decide what to do.

In real life, there are fewer CCCs but they are scored more often. Lots of games IRL dont have any CCCs, but can have many goals. But when a CCC does fall to a good player, they will nearly always score, if they are good.

A problem maybe that you get too many CCCs in this FM. But you dont get enough of the other goals being scored. Because IRL I'd say there are lots of half chances, but not very many CCCs. Whereas in FM they are quite evenly distributed.

But where is your proof for this? As has been said before, there is no stat for a real life CCC and as I posted before here: and PaulC has just said, the key is; what is defined as a CCC? Thats why i posted the stats earlier, becuase these can actually be compared to those found in game, and give you a better idea on whether the ratio of goals is close or not

Didn't fancy getting wet in the snowy surface of Stark Park. Can't say I blame him ;)

Kidding apart, I think it's a foregone conclusion that goalkeepers need to be improved, especially when it comes to decision making and range of animations. I think it's quite difficult to perfect them tbh. When you consider that EA Sports' FIFA goalkeepers occasionally behave a bit unrealistically, and they have been doing football games for over 15 years, I guess it's a bit difficult to expect FM's to be top-notch. Still, hoping they'll be improved considerably.

Team Blend would have an effect on this. A poorly-blended team would mean the player who is about to get ball-stitches imprinted on his arse by an attempted killer wouldn't know what's coming, and wouldn't try to get out of the way. Once they're Blended properly, he'd be more apt to anticipate his teammate's intentions, and would try to save himself from a bruise...

Hmmm. Maybe. I'm not convinced there's a proper implementation of this though, even when a player has time to react (or even to try and control slightly-less-fast ball) they just let it hit them. Alternatively it could be the case that reaction times are a little too long.

In any case, the passer should take better account of team-mates obstructing the planned path of his pass.

I've been looking around the Bugs Forum and here in GD but haven't found that it has been discussed. I played a game recently and I came up against a team that appeared to start only with 10 players:

Screenshot: http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7946/forestgreenvworcesterin.png

Although it appears to be 10 men, in reality it isn't. The defensive midfielder Agovic is positioned together with a player named Mensah (whom we do not see). Here is a PKM of that match:

PKM: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qbltb4hxr0ptxzk/Forest%20Green%20v%20Worcester.pkm

But where is your proof for this? As has been said before, there is no stat for a real life CCC and as I posted before here: and PaulC has just said, the key is; what is defined as a CCC? Thats why i posted the stats earlier, becuase these can actually be compared to those found in game, and give you a better idea on whether the ratio of goals is close or not

There is no proof other than watching matches, and me saying what I'd expect to happen in the game.

IRL and the game, I'd expect not have too many CCCs per game unless up against very poor opposition, but I would expect nearly all of them to go in.

And my definition of a CCC would basically be a chance where it is a bit easier than a penalty. As in, that sort of distance, but you can take a touch and have more options open to you.

There is no proof other than watching matches, and me saying what I'd expect to happen in the game.

IRL and the game, I'd expect not have too many CCCs per game unless up against very poor opposition, but I would expect nearly all of them to go in.

And my definition of a CCC would basically be a chance where it is a bit easier than a penalty. As in, that sort of distance, but you can take a touch and have more options open to you.

No offence, but that is a very woolly definition, but then its actually very difficult to give a firm definition.

Your first sentence is a good one, becuase it is exactly why you should pay less attention to the In game CCC stat, and more on the quality of the chance itself.

Second sentence, IRL and in the game there are not too many CCC, but they most certainly do not nearly all go in. The conversion rate for a 1 one 1 IRL is about 25%

That is very vague, distance can have little to do with missing a chance.

I think its been said before, but this game generates a lot more chances than we would normally expect in real life, however if our players scored everyone we expect them to games would have massive score lines, i personally this is interntional to improve excitment when watching the matches, in football there are many things to keep you interested during "boring" parts of games, be it either the atmosphere of the game, the commentry giving stats about various things ect however none of these exsist during an FM game, so they have made chances more frequent, the problem being this entails you missing more chances, i honestly think you will find over the course of the season your main strikers will still score the most, although you may think they miss too often they will still have a good amount of goals for the season.

Hmmm. Maybe. I'm not convinced there's a proper implementation of this though, even when a player has time to react (or even to try and control slightly-less-fast ball) they just let it hit them. Alternatively it could be the case that reaction times are a little too long.

In any case, the passer should take better account of team-mates obstructing the planned path of his pass.

Not saying I disagree, just that the passer's awareness, creativity, and ME-weirdness are probably not the only reasons this happens. Very interconnected, this ME stuff...

There is no intention on our part to produce more chances in FM than in real life. Whether we actually do produce more or dont is questionable IMHO.

then i am completely wrong!!! :)

its does seem that way but then it is impossible really to compare the ME in this game to what happens in a real game of football over the course of a game i guess

Yup, nothing quite irks like a keeper howler and I'm rather familiar to them being a Hibs fan.

Victoria Park btw ;) Raith Rovers play at Starks Park.

Could have sworn I saw Raith Rovers as the home team in the video!

On an unrelated note, is there any particular reason why my team ignores my instruction to take throw-ins short and instead launches pointless long throws nowhere near any of my players when in the final third? And why is it so seldom that my players come to offer the throw-in taker a short option?

I certainly have sympathy with any claims you might make regarding how CCs are calculated and think the argument you and Äktsjon Männ made with regard to often they are created is a good one. However, when you start claiming David Villa will score one on ones 90% of the time or a CCC should be easier to convert than a penalty, you are fundamentally illustrating your lack of knowledge of real life football, which completely undermines the points you are trying to make.

Are CCCs calculated in too liberal a way by the ME? Yes, I believe so.

Are CCCS created too often? Yes, because of the above.

Should any regularly occurring open play chance have a higher conversion rate than a penalty? No, of course not. In open play, the goalkeeper can close down the angle and defenders can rush back and put the attacker under pressure. The ball can also do unexpected things, especially in poor conditions or on less than perfect playing surfaces.

Should any player in the world be expected to convert any sort of chance at around 90%? No, of course not. No striker, however good, is going to be that much better than the goalkeeper / defenders he is up against. World class strikers generally come up against first class goalkeepers. They don't face amateurs more than a couple of times in a career. By assuming they will convert 90% of any sort of chance, you equally assume that a first class goalkeeper's presence is irrelevant.

Should CCCs exist as a category? No, I don't think they should. I'd prefer something else that can indicate whether the chance is more than a half-chance, but without the provocative terminology of 'clear cut chance' being involved.

On an unrelated note, is there any particular reason why my team ignores my instruction to take throw-ins short and instead launches pointless long throws nowhere near any of my players when in the final third? And why is it so seldom that my players come to offer the throw-in taker a short option?

I would also like to know about that. I always set it to short...they always throw it long.

Dollars to Donuts the guy has "Long Flat throw" PPM.

I see this a lot, too. My guy does NOT have that PPM (nor does anyone on my squad, nobody is good enough for it IMO), I have throw-ins set to Short, have 4 guys set to come short, and despite at least one of them always being open, the throw-in goes into the box, straight to the head of an opposing defender. I haven't bothered reporting it, since I have Faith the SI testers would see the same thing...probably a bit stupid of me...

- Made sure player who is best placed to engage ball player in last third always tries to do so

I assume that means that my FB will stop coming into the centre of the pitch to close down the strikers leaving the winger free and in space?

- Tweaks to generic cross, corner and wide free kick target points

Does that mean that we will no longer see the FB taking a FK just over the halfway line and it ending up either in the keeper's hands or out of play? If not, then please fix it... An IFK out wide (or even centrally) that is not in the final third is just a waste of possession...

- Fixed issue that could cause unrealistic wild clearance under no pressure

I'll believe this when I see it... the number of incredibly stupid clearances/passes out of play are unreal!!!

- Fixed some instances of keeper not waiting for ball to come into own area before intercepting it

Hopefully that means that when the ball is coming to my keeper he will wait inside his area and catch it instead of coming out and heading it straight to the on-rushing striker!

-

Apart from "fixed bullet throws" I see nothing else about throw-ins... again, they are almost always a give-away of possession, please fix them (they have always been terrible!!!)

Can you also fix the 'sporting behaviour' or rather lack of it when the ball is put out of play for an injured player to be treated who is unable to carry on. If a substitution is required, play carries on normally - i.e the ball ISN'T given back! Seriously annoying when your keeper puts the ball out and the opposition score from the resulting throw-in or gain a corner that they score from...

Another issue with the sporting behaviour is the inexplicable giving of the ball back after it has been returned.. i.e. AI player gets injured when human team has the ball, human team put ball out of play for the player to be treated. The AI team give the ball back by putting it out of play (one of those shocking throw-ins I mentioned ;) ) and then the human team give them the ball back!! - usually happens in the attacking third and isn't every time but is annoying!

Not sure if it's a ME issue or not, but the resetting of players set-piece instructions in the tactics to default really needs to be fixed, I find myself checking the set-piece instructions several times a match to make sure they have stayed at what I set them to...

Oh yeah... If I have my FB set to cross from byline, why does he cross from deep as well? I want my FB to overlap and cross from the byline but he crosses from deep way more than he does from the byline (he is set to run with ball and forward runs too so it's not the tactics) - he'll cross from deep even when he has loads of space to run into, and the cross' aim is almost always poor.

Dunno if it's been mentioned or not, but if I have already made a substitution but it hasn't yet happened and a player of mine gets injured, I'm allowed to change the substitution when the tactics page opens, but the actual substitution DOESN'T happen - I have to go back into the tactics page and make the sub again to regain the full complement of players on the pitch.

EDIT: Couple of other things that need fixing IMHO are unrealistic fouls off the ball and the playing of advantage.

With the former, players are 'fouling' when they are nowhere near the ball, in some cases as many as 20 or 30 yards away and when there is no obvious need to. e.g. my centre-mid picks up the ball on the edge of the centre circle, no player near him, and the whistle goes... for a foul by my centre-back on the edge of my area!!! AND - the CB DOESN'T get booked! Come on....

The latter, I notice mainly when my players are in good positions or even clean through on goal and the play gets dragged back because of a foul that I hadn't even noticed because I was watching the play - where is the advantage? I accept that it could be difficult to program, but again... come on... realism?

I don't know if anyone else noticed it but sometimes the ref calls a player for a lecture or booking and while he is still running back the opposition goes and scores a free-kick and they exploit that advantage on defense.. one could argue that it could happen IRL but not when the ref specifically calls a defender for a lecture or booking..

I don't know if anyone else noticed it but sometimes the ref calls a player for a lecture or booking and while he is still running back the opposition goes and scores a free-kick and they exploit that advantage on defense.. one could argue that it could happen IRL but not when the ref specifically calls a defender for a lecture or booking..

This bugs me too. It generally happens because the ref has not kept up with play and is a good 30-50 metres away. Instead of jogging towards the player in question, the ref meets him halfway with both moving at a walking pace. Could do with some tweaking...

PaulC,

Could you please post updated ME statistics for 11.2 like you have done in this post for 11.1.1 if you have some time?

It was definitely of interest, I guess there is not a world of difference between the last 2 main versions, but this kind of infos should not be that far from your desktop on a patch release day anyways ... :)

Thanks a lot.

• SI Staff

Sure....

English Premier Division

---------------

Games played 380

Goals per match 2.62

Shots per match 24.27

Shots on target per match 8.99 (37%)

Goals per match (home) 1.52

Shots per match (home) 14.29

Shots on target per match(h) 5.25 (37%)

Goals per match (away) 1.10

Shots per match (away) 9.98

Shots on target per match(a) 3.74 (38%)

Penalties per match 0.23

Penalty conversion 0.16 (69%)

Own Goals per match 0.12

Disallowed Goals per match 0.14

Clear cut chances per match 3.89

Blocked shots per match 5.10

Hit woodwork per match 0.94

Passes per match 639.57

Passes completed 484.99 (76%)

Passes key 11.74

Crosses per match 39.84

Crosses completed 5.62 (14%)

Tackles per match 80.68

Tackles completed 51.09 (63%)

Tackles key 2.70

Headers key 16.17

Assists per match 2.38

RPOs per match 15.57

Interceptions per match 68.58

Offsides per match 4.83

Fouls per match 28.08

Throw ins per match 28.70

Corners per match 10.10

Goals from corners 0.38

Goals from DFKs 0.05

Goals from IFKs 0.32

Yellow cards per match 2.89

Red cards per match 0.21

Major injuries per match 0.56

Minor injuries per match 0.28

Hat tricks per match 0.03

First half goals 52%

Goals by strikers 42%

Goals by midfielders 42%

Goals by defenders 11%

Headed shots 13%

Headed shots on target 43%

Headed goals 18%

Long range shots 43%

Long range goals 10%

Close range shots 16%

Close range goals 42%

Draws 24%

0-0 Draws 6%

Win margin 1.40

3 goal wins 11%

4 goal wins 3%

5+ goal wins 2%

Goalkeeper Rating 6.89

Right Back Rating 6.82

Left Back Rating 6.86

Centre Back Rating 6.93

Right Wing Back Rating 6.80

Left Wing Back Rating 6.80

Def Mid Rating 6.88

Right Mid rating 6.82

Left Mid rating 6.85

Centre Mid Rating 6.90

Right AM rating 6.94

Left AM rating 6.97

AM rating 6.93

Striker rating 6.87

Overall rating 6.89

npower Championship

---------------

Games played 557

Goals per match 2.75

Shots per match 23.35

Shots on target per match 8.54 (37%)

Goals per match (home) 1.44

Shots per match (home) 13.12

Shots on target per match(h) 4.68 (36%)

Goals per match (away) 1.30

Shots per match (away) 10.18

Shots on target per match(a) 3.83 (38%)

Penalties per match 0.15

Penalty conversion 0.11 (71%)

Own Goals per match 0.10

Disallowed Goals per match 0.15

Clear cut chances per match 3.97

Blocked shots per match 4.57

Hit woodwork per match 0.95

Passes per match 623.31

Passes completed 464.09 (74%)

Passes key 11.00

Crosses per match 43.10

Crosses completed 6.15 (14%)

Tackles per match 76.94

Tackles completed 49.55 (64%)

Tackles key 2.84

Headers key 16.27

Assists per match 2.50

RPOs per match 15.32

Interceptions per match 72.63

Offsides per match 4.62

Fouls per match 25.07

Throw ins per match 31.94

Corners per match 10.33

Goals from corners 0.41

Goals from DFKs 0.03

Goals from IFKs 0.28

Yellow cards per match 2.54

Red cards per match 0.15

Major injuries per match 0.46

Minor injuries per match 0.27

Hat tricks per match 0.04

First half goals 53%

Goals by strikers 49%

Goals by midfielders 36%

Goals by defenders 11%

Headed shots 13%

Headed shots on target 44%

Headed goals 19%

Long range shots 42%

Long range goals 10%

Close range shots 17%

Close range goals 43%

Draws 23%

0-0 Draws 4%

Win margin 1.32

3 goal wins 13%

4 goal wins 2%

5+ goal wins 1%

Goalkeeper Rating 6.81

Right Back Rating 6.82

Left Back Rating 6.84

Centre Back Rating 6.92

Def Mid Rating 6.84

Right Mid rating 6.82

Left Mid rating 6.86

Centre Mid Rating 6.86

Right AM rating 6.95

Left AM rating 6.97

AM rating 6.91

Striker rating 6.86

Overall rating 6.86

npower League 1

---------------

Games played 557

Goals per match 2.71

Shots per match 22.06

Shots on target per match 7.62 (35%)

Goals per match (home) 1.54

Shots per match (home) 12.28

Shots on target per match(h) 4.24 (35%)

Goals per match (away) 1.17

Shots per match (away) 9.73

Shots on target per match(a) 3.37 (35%)

Penalties per match 0.16

Penalty conversion 0.12 (76%)

Own Goals per match 0.10

Disallowed Goals per match 0.13

Clear cut chances per match 3.75

Blocked shots per match 4.25

Hit woodwork per match 0.97

Passes per match 613.58

Passes completed 456.23 (74%)

Passes key 10.05

Crosses per match 42.27

Crosses completed 6.25 (15%)

Tackles per match 72.24

Tackles completed 46.50 (64%)

Tackles key 2.58

Headers key 15.48

Assists per match 2.47

RPOs per match 14.39

Interceptions per match 72.37

Offsides per match 4.73

Fouls per match 23.31

Throw ins per match 33.11

Corners per match 9.97

Goals from corners 0.40

Goals from DFKs 0.03

Goals from IFKs 0.28

Yellow cards per match 2.76

Red cards per match 0.19

Major injuries per match 0.55

Minor injuries per match 0.27

Hat tricks per match 0.05

First half goals 48%

Goals by strikers 54%

Goals by midfielders 32%

Goals by defenders 10%

Headed shots 15%

Headed shots on target 42%

Headed goals 20%

Long range shots 41%

Long range goals 10%

Close range shots 17%

Close range goals 43%

Draws 24%

0-0 Draws 6%

Win margin 1.41

3 goal wins 11%

4 goal wins 4%

5+ goal wins 2%

Goalkeeper Rating 6.77

Right Back Rating 6.83

Left Back Rating 6.83

Centre Back Rating 6.89

Right Wing Back Rating 6.88

Left Wing Back Rating 6.52

Def Mid Rating 6.85

Right Mid rating 6.83

Left Mid rating 6.86

Centre Mid Rating 6.84

Right AM rating 6.69

Left AM rating 6.80

AM rating 6.74

Striker rating 6.85

Overall rating 6.84

npower League 2

---------------

Games played 557

Goals per match 2.62

Shots per match 21.49

Shots on target per match 7.31 (34%)

Goals per match (home) 1.47

Shots per match (home) 12.22

Shots on target per match(h) 4.15 (34%)

Goals per match (away) 1.15

Shots per match (away) 9.21

Shots on target per match(a) 3.14 (34%)

Penalties per match 0.19

Penalty conversion 0.14 (71%)

Own Goals per match 0.12

Disallowed Goals per match 0.13

Clear cut chances per match 3.60

Blocked shots per match 4.07

Hit woodwork per match 0.94

Passes per match 591.96

Passes completed 435.22 (74%)

Passes key 9.55

Crosses per match 43.06

Crosses completed 6.52 (15%)

Tackles per match 68.61

Tackles completed 45.15 (66%)

Tackles key 2.79

Headers key 15.10

Assists per match 2.36

RPOs per match 14.83

Interceptions per match 72.65

Offsides per match 4.56

Fouls per match 22.21

Throw ins per match 35.26

Corners per match 9.81

Goals from corners 0.36

Goals from DFKs 0.02

Goals from IFKs 0.25

Yellow cards per match 2.56

Red cards per match 0.16

Major injuries per match 0.48

Minor injuries per match 0.25

First half goals 52%

Goals by strikers 49%

Goals by midfielders 36%

Goals by defenders 10%

Headed shots 15%

Headed goals 20%

Long range shots 42%

Long range goals 9%

Close range shots 18%

Close range goals 44%

Draws 25%

0-0 Draws 8%

Win margin 1.28

3 goal wins 10%

4 goal wins 2%

5+ goal wins 1%

Goalkeeper Rating 6.75

Right Back Rating 6.81

Left Back Rating 6.84

Centre Back Rating 6.86

Right Wing Back Rating 6.95

Left Wing Back Rating 6.57

Def Mid Rating 6.82

Right Mid rating 6.84

Left Mid rating 6.81

Centre Mid Rating 6.83

Right AM rating 6.84

Left AM rating 6.84

AM rating 6.69

Striker rating 6.82

Overall rating 6.83

Serie A

---------------

Games played 380

Goals per match 2.33

Shots per match 22.72

Shots on target per match 8.42 (37%)

Goals per match (home) 1.29

Shots per match (home) 12.61

Shots on target per match(h) 4.60 (36%)

Goals per match (away) 1.05

Shots per match (away) 10.11

Shots on target per match(a) 3.82 (38%)

Penalties per match 0.21

Penalty conversion 0.14 (67%)

Own Goals per match 0.06

Disallowed Goals per match 0.10

Clear cut chances per match 3.38

Blocked shots per match 4.81

Hit woodwork per match 0.81

Passes per match 638.27

Passes completed 481.74 (75%)

Passes key 10.23

Crosses per match 45.15

Crosses completed 6.20 (14%)

Tackles per match 80.31

Tackles completed 50.86 (63%)

Tackles key 2.40

Headers key 17.18

Assists per match 2.11

RPOs per match 15.16

Interceptions per match 69.59

Offsides per match 3.86

Fouls per match 26.58

Throw ins per match 31.96

Corners per match 10.34

Goals from corners 0.34

Goals from DFKs 0.04

Goals from IFKs 0.22

Yellow cards per match 4.89

Red cards per match 0.28

Major injuries per match 0.51

Minor injuries per match 0.32

First half goals 51%

Goals by strikers 51%

Goals by midfielders 35%

Goals by defenders 11%

Headed shots 15%

Headed goals 20%

Long range shots 45%

Long range goals 13%

Close range shots 17%

Close range goals 43%

Draws 25%

0-0 Draws 8%

Win margin 1.26

3 goal wins 11%

4 goal wins 2%

5+ goal wins 1%

Goalkeeper Rating 6.88

Right Back Rating 6.83

Left Back Rating 6.87

Centre Back Rating 6.90

Def Mid Rating 6.95

Right Mid rating 6.81

Left Mid rating 6.88

Centre Mid Rating 6.85

Right AM rating 6.84

Left AM rating 7.02

AM rating 6.87

Striker rating 6.83

Overall rating 6.86

Italian Serie B

---------------

Games played 462

Goals per match 2.60

Shots per match 20.97

Shots on target per match 7.31 (35%)

Goals per match (home) 1.42

Shots per match (home) 12.00

Shots on target per match(h) 4.16 (35%)

Goals per match (away) 1.18

Shots per match (away) 8.98

Shots on target per match(a) 3.14 (35%)

Penalties per match 0.20

Penalty conversion 0.16 (80%)

Own Goals per match 0.10

Clear cut chances per match 3.29

Blocked shots per match 4.23

Hit woodwork per match 0.79

Passes per match 641.74

Passes completed 487.97 (76%)

Passes key 9.92

Crosses per match 40.69

Crosses completed 6.00 (15%)

Tackles per match 73.37

Tackles completed 46.52 (63%)

Tackles key 2.22

Headers key 14.66

Assists per match 2.37

RPOs per match 14.38

Interceptions per match 69.61

Offsides per match 4.25

Fouls per match 25.57

Throw ins per match 32.21

Corners per match 9.09

Goals from corners 0.34

Goals from DFKs 0.04

Goals from IFKs 0.33

Yellow cards per match 3.69

Red cards per match 0.23

Major injuries per match 0.53

First half goals 51%

Goals by strikers 51%

Goals by midfielders 36%

Goals by defenders 9%

Headed shots 15%

Headed goals 19%

Long range shots 41%

Long range goals 10%

Close range shots 18%

Close range goals 44%

Draws 24%

0-0 Draws 7%

Win margin 1.39

3 goal wins 11%

4 goal wins 4%

5+ goal wins 1%

Goalkeeper Rating 6.76

Right Back Rating 6.81

Left Back Rating 6.82

Centre Back Rating 6.83

Right Wing Back Rating 6.85

Left Wing Back Rating 6.53

Def Mid Rating 6.92

Right Mid rating 6.89

Left Mid rating 6.88

Centre Mid Rating 6.85

Right AM rating 6.94

Left AM rating 6.99

AM rating 6.77

Striker rating 6.90

Overall rating 6.85

Clydesdale Bank Premier League

---------------

Games played 228

Goals per match 2.66

Shots per match 23.36

Shots on target per match 8.59 (37%)

Shots per match (home) 13.01

Shots on target per match(h) 4.82 (37%)

Goals per match (away) 1.14

Shots per match (away) 10.35

Shots on target per match(a) 3.76 (36%)

Penalties per match 0.18

Penalty conversion 0.14 (76%)

Own Goals per match 0.09

Disallowed Goals per match 0.10

Clear cut chances per match 3.78

Blocked shots per match 4.73

Hit woodwork per match 0.91

Passes per match 623.48

Passes completed 469.83 (75%)

Passes key 10.36

Crosses per match 41.30

Crosses completed 6.25 (15%)

Tackles per match 77.88

Tackles completed 50.20 (64%)

Tackles key 2.69

Headers key 14.82

Assists per match 2.45

RPOs per match 14.51

Interceptions per match 69.41

Offsides per match 4.49

Fouls per match 25.47

Throw ins per match 31.61

Corners per match 9.77

Goals from corners 0.43

Goals from DFKs 0.07

Goals from IFKs 0.21

Yellow cards per match 3.98

Red cards per match 0.24

Minor injuries per match 0.23

First half goals 51%

Goals by strikers 50%

Goals by midfielders 34%

Goals by defenders 13%

Headed shots 13%

Headed goals 19%

Long range shots 42%

Long range goals 12%

Close range shots 17%

Close range goals 44%

Draws 25%

0-0 Draws 8%

Win margin 1.41

3 goal wins 11%

4 goal wins 3%

5+ goal wins 1%

Goalkeeper Rating 6.79

Right Back Rating 6.81

Left Back Rating 6.83

Centre Back Rating 6.88

Def Mid Rating 6.83

Right Mid rating 6.80

Left Mid rating 6.87

Centre Mid Rating 6.88

Right AM rating 6.86

Left AM rating 6.90

AM rating 6.66

Striker rating 6.86

Overall rating 6.85

Scottish First Division

---------------

Games played 181

Goals per match 2.83

Shots per match 22.03

Shots on target per match 7.97 (36%)

Goals per match (home) 1.59

Shots per match (home) 12.26

Shots on target per match(h) 4.39 (36%)

Goals per match (away) 1.24

Shots per match (away) 9.77

Shots on target per match(a) 3.58 (37%)

Penalties per match 0.25

Penalty conversion 0.20 (82%)

Own Goals per match 0.06

Disallowed Goals per match 0.15

Clear cut chances per match 3.80

Blocked shots per match 3.97

Hit woodwork per match 0.90

Passes per match 603.43

Passes completed 445.22 (74%)

Passes key 9.93

Crosses per match 42.71

Crosses completed 6.09 (14%)

Tackles per match 74.11

Tackles completed 49.45 (67%)

Tackles key 2.90

Headers key 14.92

Assists per match 2.51

RPOs per match 15.38

Interceptions per match 73.24

Offsides per match 3.88

Fouls per match 24.23

Throw ins per match 35.81

Corners per match 9.76

Goals from corners 0.40

Goals from DFKs 0.03

Goals from IFKs 0.30

Yellow cards per match 3.25

Red cards per match 0.24

Minor injuries per match 0.31

Hat tricks per match 0.06

First half goals 55%

Goals by strikers 49%

Goals by midfielders 39%

Goals by defenders 10%

Headed shots 14%

Headed shots on target 45%

Headed goals 21%

Long range shots 40%

Long range goals 11%

Close range shots 17%

Close range goals 45%

Draws 20%

0-0 Draws 6%

Win margin 1.51

3 goal wins 17%

4 goal wins 4%

5+ goal wins 1%

Goalkeeper Rating 6.76

Right Back Rating 6.81

Left Back Rating 6.86

Centre Back Rating 6.85

Def Mid Rating 6.68

Right Mid rating 6.84

Left Mid rating 6.89

Centre Mid Rating 6.83

Right AM rating 7.11

Left AM rating 7.16

AM rating 7.02

Striker rating 6.84

Overall rating 6.84

Scottish Second Division

---------------

Games played 182

Goals per match 2.71

Shots per match 22.53

Shots on target per match 7.10 (32%)

Goals per match (home) 1.43

Shots per match (home) 12.54

Shots on target per match(h) 3.91 (31%)

Goals per match (away) 1.28

Shots per match (away) 9.99

Shots on target per match(a) 3.19 (32%)

Penalties per match 0.16

Penalty conversion 0.10 (63%)

Own Goals per match 0.10

Disallowed Goals per match 0.09

Clear cut chances per match 3.87

Blocked shots per match 4.39

Hit woodwork per match 1.02

Passes per match 587.81

Passes completed 429.81 (73%)

Passes key 8.69

Crosses per match 39.05

Crosses completed 6.26 (16%)

Tackles per match 68.07

Tackles completed 44.86 (66%)

Tackles key 2.43

Headers key 13.42

Assists per match 2.45

RPOs per match 13.73

Interceptions per match 71.45

Offsides per match 4.47

Fouls per match 22.24

Throw ins per match 35.70

Corners per match 9.05

Goals from corners 0.34

Goals from DFKs 0.03

Goals from IFKs 0.27

Yellow cards per match 3.74

Red cards per match 0.26

Major injuries per match 0.59

Hat tricks per match 0.02

First half goals 55%

Goals by strikers 57%

Goals by midfielders 31%

Goals by defenders 7%

Headed shots 13%

Headed shots on target 39%

Headed goals 17%

Long range shots 41%

Long range goals 10%

Close range shots 18%

Close range goals 42%

Draws 27%

0-0 Draws 8%

Win margin 1.21

3 goal wins 11%

4 goal wins 2%

5+ goal wins 1%

Goalkeeper Rating 6.70

Right Back Rating 6.82

Left Back Rating 6.78

Centre Back Rating 6.79

Right Wing Back Rating 6.79

Left Wing Back Rating 6.53

Def Mid Rating 6.79

Right Mid rating 6.82

Left Mid rating 6.83

Centre Mid Rating 6.84

Right AM rating 6.64

Left AM rating 6.75

AM rating 6.84

Striker rating 6.84

Overall rating 6.81

Scottish Third Division

---------------

Games played 180

Goals per match 3.01

Shots per match 21.98

Shots on target per match 7.12 (32%)

Goals per match (home) 1.67

Shots per match (home) 12.32

Shots on target per match(h) 4.05 (33%)

Goals per match (away) 1.34

Shots per match (away) 9.66

Shots on target per match(a) 3.07 (32%)

Penalties per match 0.16

Penalty conversion 0.13 (79%)

Own Goals per match 0.12

Disallowed Goals per match 0.12

Clear cut chances per match 3.66

Blocked shots per match 4.18

Hit woodwork per match 1.04

Passes per match 571.37

Passes completed 413.67 (72%)

Passes key 8.97

Crosses per match 42.77

Crosses completed 6.85 (16%)

Tackles per match 63.64

Tackles completed 42.07 (66%)

Tackles key 2.52

Headers key 14.23

Assists per match 2.70

RPOs per match 13.91

Interceptions per match 73.88

Offsides per match 3.82

Fouls per match 22.21

Throw ins per match 36.28

Corners per match 9.67

Goals from corners 0.53

Goals from DFKs 0.03

Goals from IFKs 0.24

Yellow cards per match 1.81

Red cards per match 0.12

Minor injuries per match 0.18

Hat tricks per match 0.06

First half goals 48%

Goals by strikers 52%

Goals by midfielders 33%

Goals by defenders 11%

Headed shots 15%

Headed shots on target 40%

Headed goals 19%

Long range shots 40%

Long range goals 10%

Close range shots 19%

Close range goals 44%

Draws 27%

0-0 Draws 6%

Win margin 1.41

3 goal wins 12%

4 goal wins 2%

5+ goal wins 3%

Goalkeeper Rating 6.68

Right Back Rating 6.80

Left Back Rating 6.75

Centre Back Rating 6.81

Def Mid Rating 6.62

Right Mid rating 6.85

Left Mid rating 6.85

Centre Mid Rating 6.83

Right AM rating 6.62

Left AM rating 6.51

AM rating 6.60

Striker rating 6.83

Overall rating 6.80

LIGA BBVA

---------------

Games played 382

Goals per match 2.70

Shots per match 24.24

Shots on target per match 9.52 (39%)

Goals per match (home) 1.51

Shots per match (home) 14.18

Shots on target per match(h) 5.59 (39%)

Goals per match (away) 1.19

Shots per match (away) 10.06

Shots on target per match(a) 3.93 (39%)

Penalties per match 0.25

Penalty conversion 0.18 (74%)

Own Goals per match 0.11

Disallowed Goals per match 0.08

Clear cut chances per match 4.04

Blocked shots per match 4.64

Hit woodwork per match 0.90

Passes per match 603.31

Passes completed 451.08 (75%)

Passes key 12.59

Crosses per match 42.76

Crosses completed 5.82 (14%)

Tackles per match 78.48

Tackles completed 49.60 (63%)

Tackles key 2.98

Headers key 16.57

Assists per match 2.48

RPOs per match 15.77

Interceptions per match 67.03

Offsides per match 5.07

Fouls per match 26.88

Throw ins per match 29.46

Corners per match 10.36

Goals from corners 0.34

Goals from DFKs 0.07

Goals from IFKs 0.30

Yellow cards per match 4.30

Red cards per match 0.30

Minor injuries per match 0.28

First half goals 48%

Goals by strikers 40%

Goals by midfielders 47%

Goals by defenders 8%

Headed shots 13%

Headed shots on target 43%

Headed goals 16%

Long range shots 40%

Long range goals 11%

Close range shots 16%

Close range goals 40%

Draws 22%

0-0 Draws 8%

Win margin 1.48

3 goal wins 14%

4 goal wins 5%

5+ goal wins 2%

Goalkeeper Rating 6.89

Right Back Rating 6.85

Left Back Rating 6.81

Centre Back Rating 6.89

Def Mid Rating 6.84

Right Mid rating 6.85

Left Mid rating 6.86

Centre Mid Rating 6.89

Right AM rating 6.97

Left AM rating 6.94

AM rating 6.93

Striker rating 6.90

Overall rating 6.89

LIGA adelante

---------------

Games played 451

Goals per match 2.67

Shots per match 23.29

Shots on target per match 8.69 (37%)

Shots per match (home) 12.88

Shots on target per match(h) 4.78 (37%)

Goals per match (away) 1.14

Shots per match (away) 10.41

Shots on target per match(a) 3.91 (38%)

Penalties per match 0.22

Penalty conversion 0.15 (70%)

Own Goals per match 0.11

Clear cut chances per match 3.94

Blocked shots per match 4.45

Hit woodwork per match 1.01

Passes per match 611.34

Passes completed 455.63 (75%)

Passes key 11.59

Crosses per match 42.94

Crosses completed 6.12 (14%)

Tackles per match 75.31

Tackles completed 47.96 (64%)

Tackles key 3.05

Headers key 16.05

Assists per match 2.36

RPOs per match 15.15

Interceptions per match 69.41

Offsides per match 4.38

Fouls per match 25.62

Throw ins per match 31.98

Corners per match 10.35

Goals from corners 0.35

Goals from DFKs 0.05

Goals from IFKs 0.32

Yellow cards per match 3.62

Red cards per match 0.24

Major injuries per match 0.54

Minor injuries per match 0.35

First half goals 52%

Goals by strikers 47%

Goals by midfielders 39%

Goals by defenders 10%

Headed shots 14%

Headed shots on target 45%

Headed goals 20%

Long range shots 40%

Long range goals 11%

Close range shots 17%

Close range goals 44%

Draws 24%

0-0 Draws 6%

Win margin 1.39

3 goal wins 12%

4 goal wins 3%

5+ goal wins 2%

Goalkeeper Rating 6.82

Right Back Rating 6.82

Left Back Rating 6.85

Centre Back Rating 6.90

Def Mid Rating 6.84

Right Mid rating 6.78

Left Mid rating 6.85

Centre Mid Rating 6.87

Right AM rating 6.85

Left AM rating 6.92

AM rating 7.02

Striker rating 6.88

Overall rating 6.86

Feels a good deal slicker in certain areas, however the very first game I watched with the patch applied contained one of these rather-too-common sliced cross fluke goals. Also, the issue where a player shuffles sideways to pick up a slow misplaced pass where he would be better off moving diagonally forward towards it is still there. I'm uploading an example of this shuffle, file named pelicanstuff_shuffle46min.pkm, the 'shuffle' is by player Broome at around 46:00.

One question I've been meaning to ask, why does pressing space when watching highlights continue the game rather than pause the highlights? It's a bit annoying.

Why are the DFK conversions so low? I thought they were being increased in 11.2

no they werent. PaulC said:

Latest 11.2 beta code has around 1 direct free kick goal per 20 matches.

It may be a bit low but until we implement some improvements to ball physics ( future version ) we cant really improve much further on that.

It may be a bit low but until we implement some improvements to ball physics ( future version ) we cant really improve much further on that.

correct and i think the actualll ratio is only 1 in 16 anyway so not as low as ya think :)

True enough, I just didn't make the conversion. Just looks really low compared to the corner and IFK's.

But just noticed major injuries, 1 every 2 games? Seems like a lot, especially considering minor injuries are less common... how's that work?

Maybe, the game is trying to maintain injuries balance according to the new game engine. This might be due to loading old save from previous patch. As you progress through the game the number of injuries should normalize.

Maybe, the game is trying to maintain injures balance according to the new game engine. This might be due to loading old save from previous patch. As you progress through the game the number of injuries should normalize.

That has nothing to do with...

Major injuries per match 0.54

Minor injuries per match 0.35

That's a constant, not talking about the people saying they are getting massive injuries in first few games...

Majors having a more common occurrence then minors just doesn't seem to make sense unless there is something I'm missing.

That has nothing to do with...

That's a constant, not talking about the people saying they are getting massive injuries in first few games...

Majors having a more common occurrence then minors just doesn't seem to make sense unless there is something I'm missing.

its a case of those knocks you see not turning to minor injuries. in fm10 a lot of those knocks became those niggly one-two week injuries. But thats ust my take on it. I wouldn't have believed 0.54 major injuries from the way my save is going

First post. I can see where some of the issues we were all experiencing have been addressed. Some new gripes:

1) I am playing a save I had with Real Madrid and I am now seeing some new even more frustrating things now. Whoever gets "X player must be stoped" is useless for whole game. The only change from before was it was the same player all the time. This is just bad because I start the match already 1 man down in every game.

2) I am only seeing replays where I am defending. So every game so far I have < 5 attempts at goal and no CCC. Also less than 40% possesion every game as Madrid in every game so far is just strange to say the least. You may say it is just the tactic I am using but I was using the same tactic before I added 11.2 and was doing very well in matches.

3) Still very few tackles from my players. I check my Assistant Manager feedback and I get that we are not doing so well in that department in every match now.

4) Players (especially in midfield) keep turning around in circles on the same spot even when clear passes are available.

5) Very strange freekicks (always to AI) even when I play the ball and they are behind my player. Maybe this is due to the 3D view I use.....

6) Atleast I have fewer long shots. Well with 5 attempts per match it would be criminal if that were the case.

As I play more i will update this post.

Regards,

2) I am only seeing replays where I am defending. So every game so far I have < 5 attempts at goal and no CCC. Also less than 40% possesion every game as Madrid in every game so far is just strange to say the least. You may say it is just the tactic I am using but I was using the same tactic before I added 11.2 and was doing very well in matches.

What you are seeing will almost certainly relate to this. Can you explain how you have set up your tactic so we can determine why this might be happening.

Just loaded a different save and same results. This time I got more possesion than the 40% but attempts are same and I had only 1 attacking highlight for whole match. Otherwise I am always defending.

The final stats of match below. You can also see my tackling, heading and crossing stats. Always like this now.

stranges.jpg

Stats don't really help. I need to know whether you are using the TC or the classic sliders, what formation, what mentalities, and how you are trying to attack and defend (i.e. slow, patent build ups or direct play down the flanks, covering midfield with the FBs pushing forward or FBs playing conservatively with midfielders pushing up).

With that formation I think you would be very susceptible to breaks down the flank. I also think any type of break from deep is going to cause you misery as only Ozil is going to be in any position to stop a move out of the centre of the park, and he hardly excels at that.

I'd also be wary of having a primary playmaker as an attacking winger. He'll be so far forward so often it will be easy to prevent the ball reaching him. Likewise, you will be getting a lot of balls hit from deep to your TM, which isn't going to help with possession. You are also playing a direct game, which might not be the best approach for a highly technical team.

You are seeing the result of ME defending getting much better and are going to get hit on the break with regularity as a result. I'd look at trying to put together a more balanced formation and have the playmaker deeper on the pitch to control possession. As Real, you need to control play and work your chances, not get the ball forward at pace and men forward in such numbers. You are just asking to be beaten on the counter.

number of things...

I've gained a tactic - "Current"

My 'star' striker had played 20 games, scored 19, bookings 0 - game 21 (after patch) 2 bookings, both for diving... o.O (still scored though )

pre-match boxing day - "x player must be stopped" on Xmas eve; "different player must be stopped" on Xmas day - c'mon, really?

ME Issues - when opposition player has the ball in the middle of the pitch but is facing his own goal, my players make runs as though it's one of my players with the ball instead of going to close him down

- still seeing 'panicky' clearances when under no pressure

- players head the ball on instead of taking it down when there is plenty time and space to do so

- still far too many pointless passes on the edge of the area, more so for AI teams than mine but still...

- throw-ins are still iffy, my players don't seem to know who to mark and will move from one guy to another and back again, it's like watching a barn-dance!

- oh, and now my players have way too much space when receiving throw-ins - it's just a pity the useless so-and-so's don't know what to do with it...

I've one issue with new patch. This is just a first impression, but there are too many (unconverted) Clear Cut Chances. It's like defenders run beside the atacker, not into him to tackle, or just run run run behind him. Also, when you instruct some fast forward players to run with the ball, he find it too ease to past a defender. It remind me a little bit of fm2010 with first patch when this problem with too many one on one chances. Also when players from midfield head the ball forwrd, it seems the defenders react seconds later then forwards and the forward had chances to run onto gk.

I've one issue with new patch. This is just a first impression, but there are too many (unconverted) Clear Cut Chances. It's like defenders run beside the atacker, not into him to tackle, or just run run run behind him. Also, when you instruct some fast forward players to run with the ball, he find it too ease to past a defender. It remind me a little bit of fm2010 with first patch when this problem with too many one on one chances.

I can second this. I have only played a couple of matches but the amount of times I've had a player through behind the opposition back line seems to have increased since 11.1.1. It seems that defenders just stand still and let the ball go past them into the path of the striker. In more extreme cases the defenders just do not react at all to the pass and let his man go by him with ease.

Fortunately it doesn't seem to result in a lot of goals but it is still frustrating seeing really good defenders doing this on a regular basis.

I've still been noticing some odd closing down behaviours at times. I will upload a pkm called pelicanstuff_closingdown29min as an example, my centre-back and right back are doing things at around 28:50-29:20 that make no sense at all, even given that this is lower-league standard.

Also, players with the ball in a wide-ish position seem to be too likely to run in the general direction of the corner flag rather than attempting to come diagonally inside the full-back (or centre-back), even when they are much faster and it would give them a clear run at goal. It would be nice to see a bit of variation here as players almost seem to move on one of two 'tracks': The 'go-to-corner-flag-and-cross-it' track or the 'cut-horizontally-inside-into-the-hole' track. They rarely seem to change their mind and go the other way once they start off on one of these, and this wide play I think is an area that could be a lot less predictable.

I agree with the comment made previously about players heading it uselessly when they have time to take it down and do something more constructive with it, or let the ball go over their shoulder and chase it. Also seen this in a couple of goalscoring situations, players heading the ball weakly when they have time to let it drop and take a volley.

I've noticed a lot of free kicks being taken as a short tap as well, the problem with this is that the receiving player always looks totally unprepared for the ball, and he ends up having to move quite a way to reach it, whereas in real life it would usually come straight to him and would usually go for the first-time pass or shot - or he would be running up so that he hits it as soon as the taker touches it.

Archived