[RELEASE] FM11 Default/Dark skin with better background support

radestock

FM11's default skin allows the use of backgrounds out of the box but there are a few issues with it:

1. There is no overlay so a lot of text becomes unreadable.

2. The set-up does not work correctly so navigating away from a screen with a background will leave the background still showing for whichever unrelated screen you're on.

3. The large header area cuts off around 170px of the image leaving many background pictures cropped (headless players etc)

This basic skin (it's less than 6kb) solves all three of these problems allowing backgrounds to be used effectively. To install in the FM2011 Demo take the following steps:

Go to preferences in game and under the general tab look for the 'user data folder' heading and copy down the path in the box to the right of where it says 'folder location'. Go to that location and create a folder called 'skins'. Now unzip the downloaded skin and put the contents into the skins folder. Back in FM 2010's preferences, open the 'display and sound' sub-tab then check 'always reload skin on confirm' and un-check 'use skin cache'. A button should appear bottom left of the screen called 'reload skin', press it. Now back in preferences the new skin should be available in the drop down list. Select it, press 'reload skin' again and you're set.

I'm working on the big FM2011 installation guide at the moment. This should have more detailed information on installing skins when finished.

th_gyanfull.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK

DOWNLOAD LINK DARK VERSION

Please note, this does not contain any background pictures. DO NOT REQUEST DOWNLOAD LINKS FOR BACKGROUND PACKS, posts doing so will be deleted. Search the forums or other FM fansites for background packs. If you want to create and add your own, please refer to this page. It's only temporary but should be part of the full guide once complete.

Feel free to mirror this as long as credit is given (not that I did loads).

I can get this to work with the light (default) skin but not the dark one included with the patch.

*Edit*

Got it working. Sort of. This just doesn't look right and I didn't alter anything that would cause it afaik.

dfy92g.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived