FM2011 Son thread - Keep everything regarding sons in here!

I had only had 1 son ...

I went past 100 years old but it was worth it!

I hope i get one in this years FM!!! Its the best feauture!

How on earth your "little guy" worked and a woman agreed to have a shag with you at the age of 100?! :D

Never knew of this feature before, it's pretty cool but I'm now worried that in my deleted past games was my on son :( Is this the only way you end up with someone on your favourite personnel? I'd always wondered what the point of that was.

If I ever have a son, regardless if his crap or not, his name goes first on the team sheet. When he retires, he will become my assistant. I am a biased coach anyways

First on the team sheet? if i had one i would build a team around him , anyone complains thier kicked out of the club :p

• Administrators
Will my uncommon name prevent me from ever having a son? It appears nowhere in the database except for me.

No, it will just make it more apparent to you that it is your son, if one comes. :)

No, it will just make it more apparent to you that it is your son, if one comes. :)

Surely it will actually guarantee that if a player comes into the game with his surname, it will be his son? Or does it take your surname and use it for other players in the database?

• 4 weeks later...

PaulSmallProfile_Attributes-3.png

Update on my son, he left Banik after a few seasons.....because he was rubbish and joined Swansea and had a few loan spells. Then he was a free transfer, and i didnt want him to retire early, so i signed him back again haha.

Then he left again for Derry City and has been there since. I'm hoping he wants to become a coach or something once he finally retires, but we'll see.

Got my son in 2nd season with At. Madrid. Was a good player but decided to sell because i had a world beating team at the time and he wasn't getting in the squad often enough.

http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/zz354/cutty_02/?action=view&current=SamCutforth.png

http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/zz354/cutty_02/?action=view&current=SamCutforthHistory.png

I've yet to have a son in any FM game, which I kind of like because if nothing else, it represents a reason to keep playing! I think my results may suffer if I did have a son, too. I can only imagine how biased I'd be towards him, playing him at every opportunity and giving him chances that should go to much better players...

Incidentally, I'd love if more was made of such a development. For instance, when the son first appears amongst the intake of youth players, there could be a seperate news item discussing how he was the manager's son and might feel extra pressure to succeed at the club. If you gave him his debut, the press could ask you about it, perhaps suggesting that he only played because he was your son, or alternatively asking how proud it made you to see him pull on the club's shirt for the first time. If he became a regular in the team but wasn't playing well, the fans might, in addition to criticising his form, feel you haven't dropped him because he's family. You could even go as far as to have a news item that popped up if you sold him in the Summer transfer window, suggesting that you'd have to hope he forgave you in the next few months because otherwise Christmas dinner might be an awkward affair... well, perhaps ignore that last bit, but there's certainly room in which it could be given a little more depth, rather than just being a random event in the game.

An opposition player had the same name as me, I only noticed because he scored, is this what this son thing is

No. It's when a newgen in the youth intake for your own team has your surname and you have each other on your favoured personnel list, then the chances are that the player in question is your 'in-game son'.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just got a son in 3rd season of a Man Utd save (FM2011). Checked my under 18's and regen with same surname as me, same nationality and has me listed as his favoured personnel.

First time ever I've found a son, and I have played a hell of a lot.

Pity he is dire!

Must be pure luck. Where "sons" in FM2009?..cos I'm still playing as Everton in 2080 and never had a son.

• 1 year later...

Archived