FM11: The Official Manchester United Thread – Big club seeks rich, caring owner

CPS

3 months into my demo Lloris was transfer listed by request and I got him in Jan for £13.5 (i think). I also got Lyons striker (Lopez I think) also transfer listed for £6.5m

Bargain at that price imo.

On FM10 he was always £20m+ but haven't bought him on the demo but will on the full game at some point.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I doubt Bebe has a fixed PA. Not much is known about him to be honest, and so he probably has a negative PA. Although I don't know :)

As I've been here for a few years this might seem quite dumb...but how the hell can I see the "spoiler"? I assume people don't just post grey bars that serve no purpose :p

Wow!!! You have your pants pulled down over that deal :( Just don't do it on the game :)

I know how the finances are...but is anyone else considering doing deals over 24 - 48 months when the game comes out because you can snap up enough talent to keep UTD at the top for the next 5 or 6 years without needing to buy ANYONE?????

I haven't seen this much young talent for quite a while and I think it's worth not buying players for the next few seasons so I can get the cream of the crop now.

What are you lot thinking?

Wow!!! You have your pants pulled down over that deal :( Just don't do it on the game :)

I know how the finances are...but is anyone else considering doing deals over 24 - 48 months when the game comes out because you can snap up enough talent to keep UTD at the top for the next 5 or 6 years without needing to buy ANYONE?????

I haven't seen this much young talent for quite a while and I think it's worth not buying players for the next few seasons so I can get the cream of the crop now.

What are you lot thinking?

I probably might look for somebody else once the real game comes out. I don't know. I'll explore my options for now.

Once the real game comes out, I might just strengthen the team with what really is needed and keep most of the original team. Just find a suitable tactic without wasting a lot of the finances.

Anyone bought Jack Rodwell? Building a list of targets as I'm downloading the demo at the moment, DeGea and Rodwell will be my first two signings. Anyone got a screenshot of both of them if possible?

2nr1qww.png

ibb87d.png

Hey guys, I drew with Arsenal 0-0 and I said nothing in my team-talk. Next thing I know is six of my players come to me saying they're unhappy.

How do you guys resolve this? Thanks in advance.

If your were the better side I'd 'sympathise with team', if Arsenal outplayed you I'd say 'disappointed'.

They look good, I think they'll defiantly be my in my list of top targets for season 2 (I start the season without transfers). Maybe Defour aswell, he looks good and is still pretty young, despite that fact it seems he's been around forever. Think I'll consider Bale aswell, though could be expensive.

I like buying players who we've been linked with in real life, usually players I'm a fan of anyway and hope Fergie brings them to the club. De Gea just screams VDS replacement.

So you think Sneijder is a bit ambitious?

They look good, I think they'll defiantly be my in my list of top targets for season 2 (I start the season without transfers). Maybe Defour aswell, he looks good and is still pretty young, despite that fact it seems he's been around forever. Think I'll consider Bale aswell, though could be expensive.

I like buying players who we've been linked with in real life, usually players I'm a fan of anyway and hope Fergie brings them to the club. De Gea just screams VDS replacement.

So you think Sneijder is a bit ambitious?

It is a bit ambitious, his contract still has 3 years to run. You'd need a massive bid to take him off Inter I think.

thanks for the screenshots, really appreciate them

No probs :thup: Any more requests just ask.

Javier Pastore is a wonderful player, if he reaps the benefits of the "quickness" training I've put him on and I can get some good PPM's into his game he'll be the best player in the world.

The kids got everything, pace, power, vision, two good feet and he's only 21! I'm retraining him on either wing aswell, his attributes are wasted playing solely in the middle of the park. 4 goals in preseason with 3 assist including a goal against Roma where he took it from his own half, past three players (including what I'm imagining was a nutmeg) then cut inside on his right foot and powered it in past the near post.

Going to try my nuts off to get De Gea and Defour I think, Hazard is good but for £25m over 48 months Pastore is just too good not to get.

Why you all insist to sell Wes Brown? He is very reliable player.

wes brown is more realiable for me than o'shea.. he kinda sucks in the game every time i play him compared to brown even when brown was getting bits and pieces of playing time between long periods of "available for reserve"

^^^ I think its on the news piece if you get a bid rejected, it then gives you the options to make a new bid or to ask the board to complete the deal.

I have been thinking about who I am going to buy when the full release comes out. This is based on the players having relatively similar prices to that of the demo.

I think whats needed is a keeper, a left back (back up), a centre mid and another winger.

Goalkeeper: Rene Adler. He has awesome stats, is still young at 25 and can be acquired for around £15 million.

Left Back: Fabio Coentrao. Just because he can also play on the wing and is cheap at about £2.5 million.

Centre Mid: In the demo I bought Steven Defour and Ever Banega but I will only need one at the start I think but I'm not going with either of them. I am actually going to go with Andrea Poli as he looks like he could become excellent. If I was to sell any of the current midfielders I may also buy Javier Pastore (amazing stats) or Paulo Henrique.

Winger/Attacking Midfielder: Eden Hazard. He is just awesome. Star performer on both my demo run throughs and the only youngster to be rated at 4 star potential.

It would be pretty cool if the transfer budget is higher in the full release after the recent news we have heard of £60 mil or whatever being available but I doubt it will be so it looks like I will have to sell some players. Those that are likely for the chop are: Park Ji-Sung, Darron Gibson, Wes Brown and maybe Michael Owen. Selling Brown will depend on whether I decide to bring in Adil Rami, hes younger and cheap at £6m. I may also look at a right back such as Gregory Van Der Wiel but I would prefer to use Rafael from the start as it won't take long to get him to full potential.

^^^ I think its on the news piece if you get a bid rejected, it then gives you the options to make a new bid or to ask the board to complete the deal.

I have been thinking about who I am going to buy when the full release comes out. This is based on the players having relatively similar prices to that of the demo.

I think whats needed is a keeper, a left back (back up), a centre mid and another winger.

Goalkeeper: Rene Adler. He has awesome stats, is still young at 25 and can be acquired for around £15 million.

Left Back: Fabio Coentrao. Just because he can also play on the wing and is cheap at about £2.5 million.

Centre Mid: In the demo I bought Steven Defour and Ever Banega but I will only need one at the start I think but I'm not going with either of them. I am actually going to go with Andrea Poli as he looks like he could become excellent. If I was to sell any of the current midfielders I may also buy Javier Pastore (amazing stats) or Paulo Henrique.

Winger/Attacking Midfielder: Eden Hazard. He is just awesome. Star performer on both my demo run throughs and the only youngster to be rated at 4 star potential.

It would be pretty cool if the transfer budget is higher in the full release after the recent news we have heard of £60 mil or whatever being available but I doubt it will be so it looks like I will have to sell some players. Those that are likely for the chop are: Park Ji-Sung, Darron Gibson, Wes Brown and maybe Michael Owen. Selling Brown will depend on whether I decide to bring in Adil Rami, hes younger and cheap at £6m. I may also look at a right back such as Gregory Van Der Wiel but I would prefer to use Rafael from the start as it won't take long to get him to full potential.

NICE, cheers for that, i'll look out for i tnext time i have a bid rejected,

anyone noticing that youngsters are rated so much better like rather than being half a star potential leading prem 3 star, they're for example lukaku, 2.5 star good prem, potential 4.5 star leading prem. Anyways doesn't matter all the better for us, i think im gonna be investing in alot of youth and also get rid of the usual dead wood, also look out for galeano who is a great cb!!

Think I'm going to go for (when the game's out):

Lloris

Paulo Henrique

Rami

Lloris will almost certainly take too much out of my budget for me to get too many other players, but he's awesome and I love him so... :)

In the next summer I will definitely pick up Pastore, some young defenders (i.e. Galeano, Toloi, Aurier) and also Hazard and a forward.

I hope that Ravel Morrison has improved. I know his potential was good last year but on several saves and even if I picked him up on a free for another club he just never quite cut it at the highest level.

On a similar note there looks to be quite a few good young English players around this year.

Why you all insist to sell Wes Brown? He is very reliable player.
wes brown is more realiable for me than o'shea.. he kinda sucks in the game every time i play him compared to brown even when brown was getting bits and pieces of playing time between long periods of "available for reserve"

I always Sell Brown and O'Shea because they'd never be 1st choice players for me, plus I think you can always get far better players who are much younger at the start of the game. I sign a couple of 19-20 year olds to replace them, means I free up 2 squad registrations for other players again who can be so much better then these two. Also means I probably only have to register the replacements for 1 season before they get classified as Home Grown.

Nobody appears to have mentioned the players below so I don't want to hijack the thread or anything, but just wondered whether these players appear to have good scout reports and are worthy for United:

Connor Wickham

Stefan Jovetic

Sergio Asenjo

David Santon

Sotiris Ninis

There's loads of players that I would look at but I haven't downloaded the demo (bad connection) to look myself. Sorry :(

started another Man Utd demo (just can't keep away from the great club :D)

planing on playing a 4-2-3-1 with Little Pea upfront with Macheda as back up (will also bring in Lukaku with the usual loan)

playing on using the fringe players and get players on exchange deals (players like Albrighton & basically any Everton player although arteta would be grand)

also gives me a good chance to create a talent shortlist

Nobody appears to have mentioned the players below so I don't want to hijack the thread or anything, but just wondered whether these players appear to have good scout reports and are worthy for United:

Connor Wickham

Stefan Jovetic

Sergio Asenjo

David Santon

Sotiris Ninis

There's loads of players that I would look at but I haven't downloaded the demo (bad connection) to look myself. Sorry :(

Jovetic is injured at the start of the game for quite a long time i think.

Asenjo is still good (3 star rating) but his teammate De Gea is better than him.

Santon is rated highly but Inter are never willing to even listen to offers

Ninis I think was just a 2.5 star rating I think so can't be that good

Wickham I'm unsure of, I don't think I had him scouted.

Connor Wickham

Stefan Jovetic

Sergio Asenjo

David Santon

Sotiris Ninis

Hood Legend is right.

Connor Wickham seems to have the potential to become really good though. Think it was 4 star potential. That or 3.5.

connor wickham looks like he has masses of potential on FM11 and from what i have been reading he has been rated as one of the best english youngsters in the game so well worth a look at. will be interesting to see if these players are as good and as cheap when the full version and pacth 1 comes out. I hope so of course. agree with the reply earlier that by selling off brown, o'shea, gibson, park, carrick and a few of the reserves that you could buy some good replacements and youngsters in season one and not have to make any big signings after that for a few seasons.

Who in your opinion is the best AMC available to buy at the start of the game for United?

Looking for someone to play in behind Rooney in a 4231, and have had bids accepted for Hazard, Pastore and Ganso, but am struggling to decide between the three.

Cheers.

I seem to be having a lot of problems offloading players in the demo? I get lots of loan offers even when the player is listed at a knockdown price.

Does anyone know if this will change in the full game or if it is just harder to sell players than in previous versions?

So apart from that and the fact a lot of my team have now requested to leave due to me trying to sell some of them I 'm finding it rather enjoyable.

I seem to be having a lot of problems offloading players in the demo? I get lots of loan offers even when the player is listed at a knockdown price.

Does anyone know if this will change in the full game or if it is just harder to sell players than in previous versions?

So apart from that and the fact a lot of my team have now requested to leave due to me trying to sell some of them I 'm finding it rather enjoyable.

Its just like that because only the English leagues are loaded, when the full game comes out and you can select several leagues it should be much easier to offload them.

Snortsy, I tried to write a reply but its just too difficult of a decision to make, they are all great players.

Who in your opinion is the best AMC available to buy at the start of the game for United?

Looking for someone to play in behind Rooney in a 4231, and have had bids accepted for Hazard, Pastore and Ganso, but am struggling to decide between the three.

Cheers.

I personally wouldn't be able to resist not getting all 3 of them, lol.

If you had the money I'd get them all, put Pastore behind Rooney, Ganso in CM (or is the 4-2-3-1 with 2 DMs?) and Hazard AML.

But if I had to choose one, Ganso is performing best for me over Pastore.

Miles said in the blogs that its hard to sell players as most teams have complete squads. Mostly you will get loan to buy in the first season.

BTW Started a game with United. Not able to get a decent keeper. Any recommendations.

Lloris is 'unrealistic'

Transfers In

Eden Hazard 15M

Moussa Sissoko 10M

Marek Hamsik 15M

Transfers Out

Darren Gibson 8.5M

Miles said in the blogs that its hard to sell players as most teams have complete squads. Mostly you will get loan to buy in the first season.

BTW Started a game with United. Not able to get a decent keeper. Any recommendations.

Lloris is 'unrealistic'

Transfers In

Eden Hazard 15M

Moussa Sissoko 10M

Marek Hamsik 15M

Transfers Out

Darren Gibson 8.5M

try getting de gea

How did you get so much for Gibson?

Offered him for 10M on the first day. Aston Villa came back with 8.5M.

Trying to get Adler as Frey has 16 eccentricity and will be getting De Gea in the full game.

Thanks Hood Legend & Kilic

OL wants 58m for Lloris ffs. Ended up getting the 'unrealistic' Adler for 18M

I personally wouldn't be able to resist not getting all 3 of them, lol.

If you had the money I'd get them all, put Pastore behind Rooney, Ganso in CM (or is the 4-2-3-1 with 2 DMs?) and Hazard AML.

But if I had to choose one, Ganso is performing best for me over Pastore.

Although I say that and now Pastore's playing really well for me now, lol.

Hey guys, I'm thinking of transferring my demo save onto the full game when it comes out next week.

I was wondering would I be able to add other leagues onto this save when it does come out?

Thanks in advance.

nope .

no u cant add leagues, is why its usually not a good idea to continue a demo game as u will miss out on a lot of players.

I havent had much time to play the demo :(

but my main targets will prolly be a midfielder, like Rodwell, mainly cause he is english. But Pastore sure looks nice... ahh tempting

then second season get lloris as goal keeper and look at the young one De Gea depending on how Amos turns out.

cant wait... have to send the wife on shopping or spa bath thing to have the weekend to play in on release :D

guys, i play chicharito at the left alongside wayne rooney up front. i set him as a poacher , but he hasnt been scoring for me. what role and specific player instructions u guys gave him to bring the best out of him?

People in here have been saying Advanced Forward.

I like what I am hearing about Pastore and Ganso so far. When the full game comes out I will probably try to buy them both before the start of the second season. I am usually very conservative when it comes to transfers but they seem like "must buys".

Archived