FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argh! I think my 5th game syndrome is back from FM10! Been playing well in the league, 3 wins and an away draw against Fulham when I had Santon injured after 10 minutes, and then I lose to Blackburn....

I have a major problem with chance conversion at the moment. Carroll got injured for 3 months, and without him Suarez just does not appear able to score! Both his and Kuyt's chance conversion rate is really poor, and that's before I get to Canales!

5 of 28 from Suarez, 0 of 8 from Kuyt, and 1 or 19! from Canales! They're just not putting them away, and what those stats don't tell you is how many of them are CCC's. I'm getting 4 or 5 per game, yet putting away maybe 1 of them!

Contrast to Carroll before he got injured. He has 2 from 4 shots, and also has 3 assists. Kut has done nothing since coming in for him, and Wickham has yet to score for me in 7 appearances. I still think he'll start against Cardiff in the LC, hopefully he can score a couple with my backup poacher, Son Hueng-Min, who has scored 3 in 21 league games :(

Argh! I think my 5th game syndrome is back from FM10! Been playing well in the league, 3 wins and an away draw against Fulham when I had Santon injured after 10 minutes, and then I lose to Blackburn....

I have a major problem with chance conversion at the moment. Carroll got injured for 3 months, and without him Suarez just does not appear able to score! Both his and Kuyt's chance conversion rate is really poor, and that's before I get to Canales!

5 of 28 from Suarez, 0 of 8 from Kuyt, and 1 or 19! from Canales! They're just not putting them away, and what those stats don't tell you is how many of them are CCC's. I'm getting 4 or 5 per game, yet putting away maybe 1 of them!

Contrast to Carroll before he got injured. He has 2 from 4 shots, and also has 3 assists. Kut has done nothing since coming in for him, and Wickham has yet to score for me in 7 appearances. I still think he'll start against Cardiff in the LC, hopefully he can score a couple with my backup poacher, Son Hueng-Min, who has scored 3 in 21 league games :(

Well, I was trailing 1-0, and bought Kuyt, Suarez and Gerrard off the bench. Gerrard set up Suarez and then Kuyt. So hopefully them both scoring will provide the impetus for them to score some more! It's also prompted me to start Gerrard in the hole next game, with Canales on the bench and Defour in the middle.

Dammit, another goalless game :( Gomes gor MoM, but Suarz is just not hitting his shots right... Kuyt is shoite, I need Carroll fit FFS!

Does Connor Thomas ever turn into anything good and also who is a good young English box-box midfielder?

Jack Rodwell :p You'll never get him, though.

English B2B... Jay Emmanuel-Thomas from Arsenal has the stats this time round, don't know how he will perform though, as I have not progressed my Arsenal save due to this one :)

Oh yeah, another Everton guy, Ross Barkley, is it? Again...

Im in pre-season of 3rd Season :) Signings so far are, (I think) James Rodriguez from Porto, Looks class, cost 22m, Yannis Tafer 8m, M´vila 16m And someone else i think cant remember will do it all later when i load up again :D

Just sold Griezmann to Barcelona for £33m - all upfront cash. Sad to see him go since he is one of my best players but he wanted to move to a bigger club so I had to let him go. He got a £120k wage increase! From 55k to 175k looool.

I made him into a world class player aswell :(

Least it pretty much covers the 35m i spent on Hamsik.

Well, thank god for that, won 1-0 against Villa having gone 4 games without a win.

12 points from my first 8 game now, after failing to score in the past 3 games against Blackburn (2-0 loss) Tottenham (0-0) and Utd (0-0). Suarez got the goal, another assist from Glen Johnson, who has been my best player from both seasons so far!

Right Sales were, Rodallega out for £5m, And Andy Carroll out on loan for Season with Future-buy, Ins were :D (The Good Bit)

Vladimir Weiss for £2.3m!!! :| Was a class Back-up and First Teamer on Loan last season

James Rodriguez from Porto for £22m, Class Stats, Hope he lives up

Davide Pulvirenti (Class 17 yr old Regen Striker) cost £3m (the Approach to sign) Was worth £4.5m before i signed

Junior Hoilett for an Incredibly low £10m

Yannis Tafer for £8m, Seen on here he can be amazing, pretty cheap, Had him on previous Fm's has been class for me then

And finally Yann M'vila for £16m And thats all for this transfer window by the looks of it, My £61m Budget spent and going for title challenge! GAME ON! :D

On my Torquay save when I took over at Liverpool Weiss was at the club & hadnt scored 1 goal in 3 seasons when I arrived. I turned his fortunes & he scores consistantly for a winger & became my main RW until I signed a regen for £17m. Very solid player!!!

Unlucky...

Hasn't gone yet but you never know when eh?

Right Sales were, Rodallega out for £5m, And Andy Carroll out on loan for Season with Future-buy, Ins were :D (The Good Bit)

Vladimir Weiss for £2.3m!!! :| Was a class Back-up and First Teamer on Loan last season

James Rodriguez from Porto for £22m, Class Stats, Hope he lives up

Davide Pulvirenti (Class 17 yr old Regen Striker) cost £3m (the Approach to sign) Was worth £4.5m before i signed

Junior Hoilett for an Incredibly low £10m

Yannis Tafer for £8m, Seen on here he can be amazing, pretty cheap, Had him on previous Fm's has been class for me then

And finally Yann M'vila for £16m And thats all for this transfer window by the looks of it, My £61m Budget spent and going for title challenge! GAME ON! :D

Some great transfers mate, you can do it. Good luck in your season.

On the last question, definately not. Lucas develops anyway & turns out class. Dont know how but Kenny & Clarke are making Maxi & Kuyt look like world beaters. Their CA is fine & they are only performing well based on what Kenny is doing with them.

Just finished me 1st season with Liverpool. I took over in January 2011(fun way to play the game), club were 12th or 13th(exactly like real life), then i took over for Woy, went on a wicked run(exactly like real life), beating Man utd, Citeh and most of the other fixtures along the way(exactly like real life), and have finished the season managing to overhaul Tottenham in 5th(exactly like real life), losing out on the CL spot by 4 points. Not a bad start :D

Key players included Kuty(15 goals in 34 apps) and Suarez(8 goals in 12 apps-was bought in jan along with Carroll). Also, Maxi has had a prolific 2nd half of the season aswell and will be retained for rotation next season. Robinson and Flanagan were given as many games as i could give, and performed admirably(especially Robbo). Meireles also impressed in an array of positions, while Gerrard had an injury ravaged season(exactly like real life AGAIN) and has not played since February. Spearing also impressed at times though he is defo not 1st team material.

I'm ruminating on prospective buys. Adam is available for 8m, and might be worth a punt. However, i want one of Sissoko/M'Vila, Enrique, Young and a new centre back, as Agger(not one appearance all season due to injury) will be sold to the highest bidder.

Cant believe Kenny Dalglish has posted 1,578 times & finally decided to tell his story of 2011 :p hahaha ;).

Based upon your transfer targets Spud why not go for a CB who Liverpool are said to be chasing? e.g. Cahill, Shawcross ect

Not to bad Double K :)

Just the two ties in Germany & Turkey as challenges.

Hehe, hopefully it won't be :D

Hi lads on my save for a bit before i go to work :p

Aight mate.

Gutted I drew to Sheff Utd 0-0 in my 2nd game. 2nd with 7 points atm from 3 games.

My last match when I was last on my save was against the blue ***** at Woodison and I beat them 4-0 I've just loaded back up and they have sacked Moyes :D good I can't stand the man

What a ****en joke I knew it would happen am near the end of Dec and hulk is smashing the goals in and on current form could well reach 70 gls but not now he has just got injured and is out for 2 months

Makes me mad I have been resting him and taking him off early in games he currently has scored 37 goals in 23 apps with 10 asts

I started a Liverpool save today. I brought in Eden Hazard for £16m and Taiwo for £6m. I also got a young LB from Brazil, Silva, and Varane from Lens.

So far we have played four games in the league and won four including victories over Chelsea and Man City at home. Hazard has been my star player so far. He scores and creates goals every game. Taiwo is consistent and good going forward. Varane and Silva are both doing well when giving first team chances in the Europa league. I'm using the Europa League to give my young players practice. Suso, Pacheco, Shelvey, Ngog, Wilson, Kelly, Robinson have all done extremely well so far.

My only problem so far is that neither Suarez or Carroll are really scoring consistently. I don't tend to play them together because I play 4-2-3-1 and Hazard, Gerrard and Kuyt are nailed-on starters. I play Carroll as a target man and Suarez as an Advanced Forward but neither has really thrived and most of my 12 goals in 4 games have come from midfield.

I have a long list of players I'll be shipping out in January including Jovanovic, Konchesky, Cole, Aurelio, Skrtel (he's good but I prefer to have young talents as back-ups). Poulsen is quite good in the game so I'll keep him til the end of the season and then get a young replacement.

I only bought FM 2011 today but I've been playing the games for about 12 years or so.

Archived