FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

evening lads.

finished season 6 today. almost had the perfect season but ended up losing 1 game in the PL to arsenal after i wrapped up the title. ended up losing 4 games in total for the whole season.

Premier League

Finished 1st, P38 W32 D5 L1 F109 A13 PTS101

great season in the PL sadly couldn't go perfect but did break the games unbeaten record for the PL

League Cup was won beating United in the final

Fa Cup was lost against City. just couldn't pull off the victory for a clean sweep domestically.

Champs League WON!!!! Beat Barcelona 4-1 in the final. Made hard work of getting there tho.

Qtr Final we lost the first leg 2-0 against PSG before winning the second leg 5-0 after ET, 2-0 in the 90 minutes and PSG had 2 sent off in normal time and we made the numbers count.

Seni Final we lost the first leg 1-0 against Porto and won the second leg 1-0 and went through on Peno's.

Overall it was a fantastic season and i acheived what i set out to with getting to the Champs League final.

Well done

alright mate. might not be the worst thing ever, think we've spent too long talking about 18 and we need to get focused on getting 19 & 20 ourselves

Exactly what I was thinking

Just knocked Juventus 7-2 on agg in the q/f of the champions league 1st knockout round.Will play Man utd in the q/f on that note time for work good luck in your games :thup:

Well done

Had a bit of a crazy start to season 6 lost on pens to Arsenal with 3 of my takers missing then I won 5-3 away to promoted Norwich I then beat Coventry 4-1 and I have just lost 4-2 to Juve in the ESC even though I was 2 up Johnson made 2 mistakes and Phil Jones 1

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I'm actually paying attention to season 2 and realising that were not in the CL :o the season's starting pretty well. Narrow win against West Ham, the kiddies scraped a 1-0 win against someone unpronounceable who might be from turkey and then the new team appears to have begun to click. 3-0 against Notts forest, the kids dishing out a 7-0 hammering of somewhere unpronounceable who might be from turkey and a 4-1 demolition of Blackburn who, again were inexplicably top of the table as they were for the first half of last season too. Not any more they're not. We are.

early days yet and certainly not getting carried away, at least until I face Chelsea in 4 games time, but things are looking pretty good, except for the £35million pounds work of big fat donkey keeping Joe Cole company in the reserves. Sorry Carroll, loves ya in real life, but you've no room in my team right now.

Oh and the board are disappointed with me because I sold emmanuel Mendy, currently playing for Oxford and worth a whole 6k. I guess it's possible that he's actually a wonderkid in disguise, but I've never coaxed a top notch, world class player out of him yet.

Is Taiwo worth buying for the LB slot? It's either;

Taiwo(free transfer)

M'Bengue(£6m)

Enrique(£15m)

Never tried him, but he looks worth a punt for a free transfer.

Think Enrique is expensive at twice the price of Coentrao

Is Taiwo worth buying for the LB slot? It's either;

Taiwo(free transfer)

M'Bengue(£6m)

Enrique(£15m)

might be a bit late but Taiwo is great. you'll get 4-5 seasons form him and still make money on him

Well done

Exactly what I was thinking

Thanks mate. have to get started on season 7 now. have made 2 buys, both regens, a brazilian right back who can cover CB and a spainish CM/AMC

looking to try and get Stevie onto a Assistant manager only contract but he wont discuss it as i tried it and didn;t realize the contract was set on Coach and had to cancel it. He has set his retirement date for the end of season 7 (2017)

Alex Chamberlain is up for sale and i'm going to let Robinson and Santon go as well. brought in a Regen LB in Jan who is already getting bids of 11m+ and the new RB means i need to free up some space as My academy RB is going to be first choice this season.

Hows the save going glenn?

Been a few days since I read through this thread & cant remember which page I last looked on now ha :p

In season 6 had a bit of a slump in the league back ontrack though gunners ontop 1 pt ahead

hey guys,

after a good weekend of FM, im coming to the end of 2014/15.

Sitting 2nd in PremierLeague but 8 points off Arsenal and I think 8 games remaining.

Out of FA Cup after 6th Round Replay against Blackburn and lost 1-0.

Just Beat R.Madrid 6-3 on Agg in 1st KO round of CL, so hopefully now a winnable competition. Will keep you updated.

How are people finding the finances? I'm finding i'm losing about £3-6m per month and then getting that money back from sponsorship money, and then the money from league position and champs league make up the transfer money spent.

Thats usually the case with clubs who are in and around the top 4. Paying 4+ players £100k+ a week, then appearence fee's & bonus' ect as well as any monthly installments you might have for transfers as well.

oooooooo you artful dodger :p cracking signing there, even if just for tutoring :).

Hopefully the cup final will wash away the CL dissappointment.

I play him as complete forward attack next to a poacher I also have him selected as target man in the team instructions with supply set to mixed. On player instructions I have run from deep and long shots both on rarely hope it helps

Trying it out now, no bigger game then Chelsea :D

So far in season 2013/2014

Won Community Shield 2-1 vs Aston Villa

Won European Super Cup 0-0 via penalties vs OM

Won Club World Championship (big achievement I know)

Got Chelsea in League Cup Final

Got AS Monaco First Knockout Round of Champions League

Got Norwich City 4th Round FA Cup

Currently 13 games win streak a top the Premier League table, losing once and drawing 3 times in 24 games

In: 14m worth of regens

Out: zero

So far in season 2013/2014

Won Community Shield 2-1 vs Aston Villa

Won European Super Cup 0-0 via penalties vs OM

Won Club World Championship (big achievement I know)

Got Chelsea in League Cup Final

Got AS Monaco First Knockout Round of Champions League

Got Norwich City 4th Round FA Cup

Currently 13 games win streak a top the Premier League table, losing once and drawing 3 times in 24 games

In: 14m worth of regens

Out: zero

WOW! BOoming atm then! I just drew 0-0 with Chelsea, Cavani looked dangerous for once, Dunno What formation to play and how to play :(

Someone Help me,

My Players Are:

Gk:Reina, Jones

Dr:Kyle Walker, Johnson

Dl:Enrique, Aurelio

Dc: Phil Jones, Wilson, Skrtel, Carra (IM in 2nd Season, But Wilson and Jones are amazing and they play most Games)

Mr/Amr: Weiss (on Loan) Gerrard, Suarez (amr, can play as you know) N'Zogbia (Can play)

Ml/Aml: N'Zogbia (Normally Plays) Kieran Richardson

Dm/Mc/Amc: Lucas, Gerrard, Meireles, Shelvey, Richardson( Can Play)

Strikers: Well, Ive got, Cavani, Suarez, Hugo Rodallega And Jermain Defoe

Someone please help :)

Just set match preparation to heavy team blend until formation is 100% and even the average tactics will work wonders

I'm loving this season. Mid-February Chelsea are 10th and Carlo Ancelloti is about to get sacked.

Well, I just finished my first season with Liverpool :)

Went a little better than I expected, as I even had a chance of the title until the second last match (though it was out of my hands since I drew the Merseyside derby :().

So, I finished second in the EPL, on 83 points, one behind Arsenal and one ahead of United. It looked really tight when I went on a bit of a wobble (Carroll got injured for the season, Kuyt joined him for a couple of weeks, Gerrard was injured, Joe Cole was annoyingly inconsistent), with Chelsea, Man City and Tottenham all within a point of me. But I won my last 5 fixtures to safeguard a return to the CL next season

In the cups, League cup was a training exercise, went out early. Lost in the 2nd knockout of the EUROPA to City...

And WON the FA Cup :D Beat Sunderland 2-0 in the final, with goals from Kuyt and Suarez - both of whom had gone a while without goals until I played them both in midweek before the FA Cup when I rested the rest of the team. Excellent result

To build for next season, I have identified Jack Wilshire as my perfect signing, but will settle for others if not - thinking of Pastore perhaps, or another dribbling AM. Or I might switch to wide men - having a look at Bale, who would be available for less than £30m...

Already I have Santon and Paco Alcacer coming in. While Brad Jones, Agger, Skrtl and Konchesky will definitely follow, as they all want out. I would also like to show Aurelio, Cole, Poulson and Jovanovic the door. Unfortunately, I will be stuck with Aquilani, as he broke his leg, so I doubt Juve will sign him :(

I'll post some pics and my signings later

Well, I just finished my first season with Liverpool :)

Went a little better than I expected, as I even had a chance of the title until the second last match (though it was out of my hands since I drew the Merseyside derby :().

So, I finished second in the EPL, on 83 points, one behind Arsenal and one ahead of United. It looked really tight when I went on a bit of a wobble (Carroll got injured for the season, Kuyt joined him for a couple of weeks, Gerrard was injured, Joe Cole was annoyingly inconsistent), with Chelsea, Man City and Tottenham all within a point of me. But I won my last 5 fixtures to safeguard a return to the CL next season

In the cups, League cup was a training exercise, went out early. Lost in the 2nd knockout of the EUROPA to City...

And WON the FA Cup :D Beat Sunderland 2-0 in the final, with goals from Kuyt and Suarez - both of whom had gone a while without goals until I played them both in midweek before the FA Cup when I rested the rest of the team. Excellent result

To build for next season, I have identified Jack Wilshire as my perfect signing, but will settle for others if not - thinking of Pastore perhaps, or another dribbling AM. Or I might switch to wide men - having a look at Bale, who would be available for less than £30m...

Already I have Santon and Paco Alcacer coming in. While Brad Jones, Agger, Skrtl and Konchesky will definitely follow, as they all want out. I would also like to show Aurelio, Cole, Poulson and Jovanovic the door. Unfortunately, I will be stuck with Aquilani, as he broke his leg, so I doubt Juve will sign him :(

I'll post some pics and my signings later

Nice Going, Pretty Dam Good for First Season! About to play Sunderland in the League Cup Final! Lets hope these tactics work!

Just got back onto my Liverpool save after a while off. Morale was ridiculously low after 3 straight losses, No Carroll or Suarez or Hazard as all injured. Gerrard only days back and lacking fitness.

Was 1-0 down from first leg against R. Madrid when this happened at Anfield.

madridbeaten.png

madridratings-1.png

Gutted....Thrashed Scumberland on Shots, Shots on Target, Possession..But Lost on Pens 3-1... :(

Unlucky. It always seems if you're the team on top and its 0-0 by 90 minutes, the other team will beat you, either in extra time or penalties.

Yep, Bit annoying as wont be winning Prem this year either, Only others are Fa Cup, Got Chelsea in replay At SB now.. And Europa, Stand a good chance in that mind, Cavani is Inelegible...... Onwards up upwards! Cmon Reds!!!

Utter ********!

Torres scored in first half...So :( Equalised in 2nd! Went to Extra time, Defoe scored in 93rd min, then Wilson and Walker get sent off, down to 9 men, and Torres scores in 120th min! Then lose on Peno's for 2nd game running!:mad:

Well I said earlier I needed a little run to kickstart my season and stop the moaning from the star players. I believe I may have started one. Won last 4 games now in all comps. Beat Anderlecht at home 2-0. Then switched to a 4-4-2 formation from 4-5-1 with the 2 wingers pushed up. This change in formation has led to a 5-0 win away at West Ham with a Hulk hat trick. 5-1 win away at Millwall in LC with the squad players. And just now a 5-1 win at home to Everton. Up to third in the league but could go fourth if city win game in hand after 10 games. Arsenal lead by 7 points only losing one game against me. Immediate future looks bright but a key game away to scumchester united next.

Alright lads loading up for a bit

What a performance from the reds tonight just a shame we conceded two goals

Luis Suarez! de de de dererere de de de derere de de de derere Luis Suarez!

Yannis Tafer 51 goals in 47 apps, the season isn't even over yet!

:thup:

Bugger just refreshed the BBC page while I listen to the recorded match, oh well are we starting to live up to this thread title?

Lets hope so

Im getting really annoyed at the min,cant seem to get them playing at all!! Just started 2nd season got some decent signings and was hoping to hit the ground running to improve on my poor 8th place finish in the 1st season but it just isnt happening.I play i 442 and try to play to my strengths but nothing!! Thinking of maybe changing formation what do you guys think?? My 1st eleven is

Reina

Johnson

Taiwo

Cahill

Carra/Wilson

Young (LW)

Meireles (CM)

Henrique (CM)

Gerrard (RW)

Carroll (target Man)

Suarez (Poacher)

Im getting really annoyed at the min,cant seem to get them playing at all!! Just started 2nd season got some decent signings and was hoping to hit the ground running to improve on my poor 8th place finish in the 1st season but it just isnt happening.I play i 442 and try to play to my strengths but nothing!! Thinking of maybe changing formation what do you guys think?? My 1st eleven is

Reina

Johnson

Taiwo

Cahill

Carra/Wilson

Young (LW)

Meireles (CM)

Henrique (CM)

Gerrard (RW)

Carroll (target Man)

Suarez (Poacher)

I play 4-2-4 I have my 2 strikers set as complete forward attack(set as target man supply to mixed) and poacher and have 2 winger attack alongside them

I have my cm's both on support one as advanced playmaker (selected as playmaker) and one as b2b

My 2 fb's are on support and my DC's are on ball playing def cover and limited defender defend

Am off anyway lads will catch everyone tomorrow night after work then I have 2 days off :D

Cya later lads

I play 4-2-4 I have my 2 strikers set as complete forward attack(set as target man supply to mixed) and poacher and have 2 winger attack alongside them

I have my cm's both on support one as advanced playmaker (selected as playmaker) and one as b2b

My 2 fb's are on support and my DC's are on ball playing def cover and limited defender defend

Am off anyway lads will catch everyone tomorrow night after work then I have 2 days off :D

Cya later lads

Thanks for that mate,Catch ya later!

Archived