FM11- Celtic Thread. You are Neil Lennon

seanydude

Hi Guys,

Thought i'd start a new Save, and with Celtic :) , Sold Rasmussen for £1.7m and Samaras for £1.2m , Bought Cristian Benitez for £2m, and going for Wilfred Zaha for £1.5m And Erikssen on loan for Season, Leaving me with £3m, any People i should buy?

Cheers

Elliott

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ledley been really good for me, got him in centre midfield with james mccarthy and they have been getting 7.50 + most of the season. doesnt get many goals but quite a few assists

what formations are people using?

switching between a few, but wanting a good one with 2 maybe 3 upfront.

I'm using a 4-2-3-1 which is working good just now. Won the Europa league second season.

Good to see another person from Caithness on here.

bought benitez at start of season and found good tactic and hes banging in the goals 19 in 15 matches with 10 assists.

also bought lukaku but hes been injured since start of season but is on 5 in 2 friendlies so gutted hes been injured.

season going well so far, but get so many injuries anyone else getting this?

god ive not posted here for a while! senna - i see you have Fazio in central defence, im looking at him just now with a view to signing him - do you recommend him?

Yeah i do, can play CB or DM (where i mainly played him) - brilliant at both, very good in the air and breaks up play in the middle of the park quite well. Pitches in with a few goals as well. I mainly signed him as he was 1.cheap and 2.great in the air - ideal against long ball merchants in the SPL.

season going well so far, but get so many injuries anyone else getting this?

I was until i got rid of my physios and fitness coaches and signed much, much better ones. I still get the odd injury or 2, but not 1 or 2 every match like i was - at one point i was playing about 4 of the u19's as i had no players left! 11 injuries or summin i had. I also kept finishing games with 10 or 9 players. Drove me mental lol

just had best match ever!!! 1st season is going well top of table by a fair few points and still in all competitions and team starting to gel.

anyway its my first trip to ipox of the season and im expected to lose for some reason!

these are my 11 legends.

Kiraly

juarez

big dan

st ledger

emillio

commons

kayal

ledley

forrest

benitez

lukaku.

0-6 by half time

0-9 at full-time (lukaku with 6)

brilliant match.

just had best match ever!!! 1st season is going well top of table by a fair few points and still in all competitions and team starting to gel.

anyway its my first trip to ipox of the season and im expected to lose for some reason!

these are my 11 legends.

Kiraly

juarez

big dan

st ledger

emillio

commons

kayal

ledley

forrest

benitez

lukaku.

0-6 by half time

0-9 at full-time (lukaku with 6)

brilliant match.

great result there against the scum mate. best i have had in fm2011 so far against the huns is 5 lol

• 1 month later...

not much activity but I thought I might post something to brighten the thread up. Was messing about with Football Manager (playing outwith the SPL) manipulating it to help Celtics dominance shall we say and I came across this belter

Get your laughing gear round this

Laughatme.png

Season Update 2016/2017

Since there has not been many updates on this thread will update on how my season is going, Once again will be over a few posts due to limits on how many photos per post...Hope you like.

Well after another great season at parkhead the season before we once again took the SPL title this time for the 6th season in a row. Once again rangers where nowhere to be seen finishing 5th and sacking manager Pim Verbeek and replacing him with NewRangersManager.jpg.

St Mirren came 2nd once again and not long after there tycoon owner declared that he was no longer going to fund the clubs ambitions. Here is the Final Standings for the season:

season1516finalstandings.jpg

This Season once again my board has only granted me a £2 Million Budget, But due to my bringing through some good youth players thats not been a problem for me. Here is this seasons transfers. At the end of last season Andreas Hinkel left due to freedom of contract due to his agent demanding close to £50,000 a week to stay at celtic, for someone who was 34 i didnt see that as feesable.

New Season Transfers: 20162017transfers.jpg

After Hoolvield's move to west brom had to appoint a new Club Captain which was: JoeLedley.jpg

Update Cont

Club is looking good and though have had a tough start to this season which has seen me get beaten off hibs and drew with rangers am now 2 points behind hibs confident i can overtake them in the league. Here is my Current squad cut into gk,df,mid and attack.

Current GK's

20162017goalkeepers.jpg

Current Df

20162017defenders.jpg

Current Mid

20162017midfielders.jpg

Current Att

20162017Attackers.jpg

Update Cont

Once again sorry for taking over so many posts but lots of good players to show and we gotta keep this post active over the rangers one lol :D have two more posts to go after this one, one detailing my current most wanted player at the club. i swear i am having to constantly turn down bids for this player, but anyhoo....

Here are a few of the players that are up and coming in my team:

Nemanja Ilic: NemanjaIlic.jpg

David Chalmers: DavidChalmers.jpg

Bjorn Ghasemi-Nobakht: BjornGhasemi-Nobakht.jpg

Update Cont

2nd last post promise lol

Key Players

Gerhad Jansen gerhadjansen.jpg

Korey Smith KoreySmith.jpg

Andreas Laudrup AndreasLaudrup.jpg

Korey smith has been a great signing and has firmly made the right midfield his, keeping James Forrest out all season.

Andreas Laudrup has made the left midfield his just as much as Korey has made the right midfield his. Andreas also seems to have a great tendacy of scoring against his uncles Brian Laudrup former team rangers, including a couple of winners last season.

Gerhad Jansen has been amazing since signing, with a couple of premiership clubs tracking him, i am hoping he sticks with us for a good while now.

Last Update

Here is my current most wanted player. Martin Shearer. I have knocked back loads of bids for the player as i have plans for him to take over if/when Nolan Roux moves on. He's only played 8 games for me just now and has 5 Premiership Teams currently tracking him. Here is a few posts of him:

MartinShearer1.jpg

MartinShearer2.jpg

MartinShearer3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen some entries about putting Celtic (and them) into England. How do I manage that? I am assuming that the data editor is involved, but not sure how to manage it. Also, for anyone who has done this, does the board give you more money to spend? Do revenues increase if you move into the Championship or Premier League, or does the game still have a biscuit tin for Celtic regardless of league?

peta im 2 lazy to read back and see, but why the hell do you still have commons lol? i sold him coz he was crap!

usa bhoy to do this you need to go into the data editor, you would need to change rangers and celtic`s nationality to english, and 2 english teams that your swapping with to scottish! you more than likely will get the same budget unless you increase the finances also

i dunno mcgougan mate, he just seems to have a few good matches now and then lol am trying to keep a few older players in the team to bring through the younger ones coming through and with paddy mccourt retiring this year he's tutoring a young player who's looking quite good for the left wing.

GK:

Sifakis

Westwood

DF:

Wilson

Danny de Costa

Forren

Loovens

Geromel

Fazio

Jonathan ( cant get a work permit ) :(

Vrsaljko

Mulgrew

Izaguirre

MF:

Juarez

Ortigoza

Bodde

Kayal

Pape Diop

WF:

McCourt

Maloney

Conway

Slane

Forrest

Abou Trika

ST:

Macheda

Wellbeck

Lukaku

Hooper

Stokes

Next season i want to try and buy wellbeck hes ran amok for me, macheda also!

Otherwise i need a solid right winger and im happy with my squad

i ended up selling hooper to swansea as he hot like 8 goals in the season. kayal for some reason i couldnt get a work permit to renew for him was well gutted so sold him and he's been bouncing around europe for big money since. Paddy had an amazing season bout two seasons ago, considering i mainly had used him as a backup player for long enough.

i've just started a game on 11.3, not played much fm11 but i thought it was about time i did a celtic save. i've just been knocked out the CL by ajax 2-0 on agg after beating fenerbache 4-1 on agg, first two games in spl won 4-0 agaisnt inverness away and st.miren home.

current team is 433

sinan bolat-1.8m

izzy maj mangala-500k hinkel

ledyly kayal ki

stokes commons

lukaku-3.5m

i've sold sammy for 1.2m, rasmussen for 1.7m and loaned out juarez.

ill see how the rest of the season goes i reckon the spl will be easy and ill hope for a good run in the uefa

You have to go into the editor program and swap celtic into the premier league for another club. the only problem is, you lose the u19 squads as they cannot join based upon the current region settings. check out the editors hideaway forum for more info on how to find the editor and such

i ended up selling hooper to swansea as he hot like 8 goals in the season. kayal for some reason i couldnt get a work permit to renew for him was well gutted so sold him and he's been bouncing around europe for big money since. Paddy had an amazing season bout two seasons ago, considering i mainly had used him as a backup player for long enough.

I couldnt for ages, so i waited and waited, and he played 3 more games for israel and i got one :D

• 2 weeks later...

i hate crash dumps, my latest one has cost me hargreaves on a free, was about 4games into pre-season of my second season having got him, santon and thiago in on frees. game crashes and my last save point was before hargreaves signed and he's now gone to villa, he had a 4.5 star rating in my team.

won the tripple in my first season domestically it's pretty easy being celtic, europe's alot tougher but i still somehow managed to get to the semi-finals of the uefa cup.

i've also just realised it isnt really crash dumps, it's my laptop overheating and just giving up only does it mid match tho which is annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

i'm guessing with the new demo out this thread will be dead, but i just had to share what i consider my best ever achievement in my CM/FM life. i've just beaten man utd 5-1 on agg in the semi finals of the champs league. i managed to beat them 3-0 away in the second leg when i was expecting to get battered on all fronts after srcaping a 2-1 victory in the first leg.

bring on barca in the final, although i'll be missing 3 of my main players, ledly, kayal and my skipper and goal machine lukaku.

Archived