FM11- Celtic Thread. You are Neil Lennon

seanydude

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

arrrg just lost my current save due to crash dump :( l had to go back to end of last season. Means lost my star player :( and for some reason hes now not interested in joining me :( oh well found someone else instead lol :D hope were all doing well with the hoops...Hail Hail!!!

Unlucky with the Crash Dumps. They are a pain in the arse, I basically have to save and quit after every game to stop them.

3 games in, 2 wins and a draw which was against Motherwell, came back from 3 down.

Got Hearts next which I can hopefully win. And I'll be playing this season in the Europa League. Also, got Forfar in the league cup. :D

He's not been getting many starts this season but looks good. had a fight with spurs to get him hence the £4.5 fee. Fingers crossed he picks up as the season goes on

cms.jpg

just started a Celtic save on 11.3 update today this is my My Game set up

this is my squad

Goalkeeper

Lukasz Zaluska

Left Back

Emilio Izaguirre

Left Center Back

Daniel Majstorovic

Right Center Back

Glenn Loovens

Right Back

Andreas Hinkel

Left Wing

Shaun Maloney

Right Wing

Patrick Mccourt

Center Mid

Joe Ledley

Center Mid

Efrain Juarez

Center forward Complete Forward

Jelle Vossen

Advance Forward

Romelu Lukaku

going to get shot of Georgios Samaras,Daryl Murphy as i do not rate them at all all though Samaras good player just with me now got possibly the best to young center forwards in game well i my opinion. dont think i be playing Samaras and Murphy much will post more later on

just started a Celtic save on 11.3 update today this is my My Game set up

this is my squad

Goalkeeper

Lukasz Zaluska

Left Back

Emilio Izaguirre

Left Center Back

Daniel Majstorovic

Right Center Back

Glenn Loovens

Right Back

Andreas Hinkel

Left Wing

Shaun Maloney

Right Wing

Patrick Mccourt

Center Mid

Joe Ledley

Center Mid

Efrain Juarez

Center forward Complete Forward

Jelle Vossen

Advance Forward

Romelu Lukaku

going to get shot of Georgios Samaras,Daryl Murphy as i do not rate them at all all though Samaras good player just with me now got possibly the best to young center forwards in game well i my opinion. dont think i be playing Samaras and Murphy much will post more later on

Would be interested in hearing how you get on with Vossen up front. I had him at Celtic in my current save and thought with his tackling attribute he'e be an awesome defensive striker but he was hopeless, tried him in every striker role available and just couldn't get him firing them in the way his finishing and composure attributes suggest he should be able to.

Ended up having to sell him on but managed to make a small profit on him and Stokes is in lethal form for me atm as a poacher with either Paddy McCourt or James Forrest (both retrained to striker) alongside him as a deep lying forward.

New player here.... Trying my hand at Celtic in my first FM go through and I have a couple of questions when setting up my season.

First, what countries do you use in the database? I tried to with Scotland, England, Ireland, N. Ireland, Wales, Finland, Norway, Denmark, and Sweden. I have seen that a lot of you are recommending the GK from Israel and players from all over. Should I expand my database?

Second, how do you go about establishing a backroom staff? What traits do you look for in an Asst Manager vs. 1st Team Coach v. Coach etc?

Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated

New player here.... Trying my hand at Celtic in my first FM go through and I have a couple of questions when setting up my season.

First, what countries do you use in the database? I tried to with Scotland, England, Ireland, N. Ireland, Wales, Finland, Norway, Denmark, and Sweden. I have seen that a lot of you are recommending the GK from Israel and players from all over. Should I expand my database?

Second, how do you go about establishing a backroom staff? What traits do you look for in an Asst Manager vs. 1st Team Coach v. Coach etc?

Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated

for the data base, I just select Scotland, Ireland, England, Spain, Italy (you could scratch the last two), then I go to custom database and select either continental reputation from every continent or national reputation if there is some continents/countries that I want players to come from) There is no need to load up the leagues, if it is the players from that league/area that you want

regarding staff, you should go for staff with high motivation and determination + the area that they will train your players in. ei motivation, determination and fitness if it is a fitness coach, motivation, determination, attack and tactic (or technique) for the two attacking areas and so on

celtictransfers201112.jpg

Transfers after Jan window. Just about to finish the season, have won the spl before the split. only been beaten twice by a newly bought over and Managed by Martin O'Neil and Dundee Utd. Won the League cup but was put out of the scottish cup in the semi final after those dirty gers beat us 1-0. David Goodwille has been totally on fire this season. Will post his stats when the season finally over in a game or two.

For me team of the season has been Dundee Utd, There in the final of the scottish cup and at the moment are fighting rangers for 2nd place. Hoping to help them with that in the next game as its old firm lol

• 2 weeks later...

Put us and the huns in the English championship, and...

Won the Championship in style :) and the huns didn't promote :clap:

Gathered a really good squad in the first season :rocker: Lacks the star keeper and the star striker, but have £58m and £300k a week to deal with those two positions

celticepl.jpg

celticeplteam.jpg

Maloney and McCourt might need to go as they will be 3th. choice in their positions. Maloney after Lucas and Forrest, and McCourt after Hamsik and Canales

Will be sad to see McCourt leave as he is a joy to watch and he has made it into favoured personnel of the club, so might keep him as back up for both amc and amr and just let Maloney go

Media prediction says 16th. I say qualifying through the league,.

With a star goalie and striker, I aim for CL qualification in the first season even though the team most likely need a fair time to blend

That's some team you've got DKB. I've never signed him myself but I've heard on here that Smithies can turn out a top keeper, but he needs loads of games from a young age to progress well as his ca starts quite low and I know Kadlec should definitely turn out brilliant for you, had him at Celtic in a previous save on 11.2 and he tore the SPL apart.

Haha petauk. I was at Download as well last year. Not to impressed with it this year like. Only the Friday main stage (minus Def Leppard), Rob Zombie & The Cult appeal to me so wasnt really worth the money.

This will be my first Soni though so unbelievably excited. Metallica, Slipknot, Biffy, Mastadon, Bill Bailey, Steve-O booosh!!! :p

It works! can start playing now!

Right then, how are you guys setting up the current squad? Early days for me but i'm liking the strength we have, Frazer seems to have gotten an upgrade (deservedly) so he is first choice 'keeper.

I have gone with two attacking wingbacks (both set to hug touchline) with a stopper/cover CB of Emilio, Hinkel (May be changed), Maj (X), and Loovens © (I don't rate Loovens but i'm prepared to give him a season chance. Hopefully Tommy Rog will have developed by then, O'Dea/ Hooiveld should be back also.

In midfield I have tried to allow room for the wingbacks. Central midfield is kayal and Ledley. kayal Is the tackler, Ledley is more supporting. (he was ace at Cardiff as an attacking midfielder so I am convinced that he will be able to cut it.) On the right "wing" is Scotty Brown. An automatic winger atm, set to move into channels to make way for a marauding wingback. And offer a little cover. Left winger is really a winger. Commons/ maloney/ Paddy, there are lots of options here. A winger set to cut inside and link up with Emilio, Ledley and the two strikers.

Up front offers many questions. Firstly who do I pick? Hooper when he is fit, but before then? Samaras and Stokes have got the nod. Sammy as a drifting link up man with Stokes on the shoulder of the last defender. When hooper comes back and Stokes is playing well I think I can pick them both and create a more fluid attacking line with them both interchanging, drifting and switching places. Then we have Rasmussen and Murphy to try to rotate in.

This is all hypothetical so far as I haven't played a single game but this will be my blueprint for the time being. At least we have the squad depth to hopefully push on in the Europa League.

Who do you think isn't good enough in the squad for realistic aims of maybe first knockout round Europa and SPL winners? Which coaches do you bring in? How are our youths looking?

Discussss!!!

[video=youtube;-kZQwfSxthc]

Just back from hampden park and remebered hadnt posted this classy goal from an amazing player :D won against chelsea that night too bring it on lol

Who do you think isn't good enough in the squad for realistic aims of maybe first knockout round Europa and SPL winners? Which coaches do you bring in? How are our youths looking?

Discussss!!!

Imo Majstorovic and Forster should be priorities for replacing if you want to have a serious chance of cracking Europe. Tbh, I think you'd be best to look at replacing the entire back 5 (with the exception of Izaguirre at left back) but from previous saves I've had on FM11 with the current squad I'd say that at least we're looking very decent middle to front with the stand-outs for me being Broony, Kayal, Juarez and Hooper. Was glad to still have Crosas in the team as well tbh as he was a useful squad player for me.

Also for the future I'd look to give Forrest as much playing time as possible if I where you, he turned out brilliant for me and finally if you have the funds after improving the backline I'd look at getting a better target man type striker than Sammy in, I got Kuranyi at a decent price iirc and he had several good seasons for me.

It works! can start playing now!

Right then, how are you guys setting up the current squad? Early days for me but i'm liking the strength we have, Frazer seems to have gotten an upgrade (deservedly) so he is first choice 'keeper.

I have gone with two attacking wingbacks (both set to hug touchline) with a stopper/cover CB of Emilio, Hinkel (May be changed), Maj (X), and Loovens © (I don't rate Loovens but i'm prepared to give him a season chance. Hopefully Tommy Rog will have developed by then, O'Dea/ Hooiveld should be back also.

In midfield I have tried to allow room for the wingbacks. Central midfield is kayal and Ledley. kayal Is the tackler, Ledley is more supporting. (he was ace at Cardiff as an attacking midfielder so I am convinced that he will be able to cut it.) On the right "wing" is Scotty Brown. An automatic winger atm, set to move into channels to make way for a marauding wingback. And offer a little cover. Left winger is really a winger. Commons/ maloney/ Paddy, there are lots of options here. A winger set to cut inside and link up with Emilio, Ledley and the two strikers.

Up front offers many questions. Firstly who do I pick? Hooper when he is fit, but before then? Samaras and Stokes have got the nod. Sammy as a drifting link up man with Stokes on the shoulder of the last defender. When hooper comes back and Stokes is playing well I think I can pick them both and create a more fluid attacking line with them both interchanging, drifting and switching places. Then we have Rasmussen and Murphy to try to rotate in.

This is all hypothetical so far as I haven't played a single game but this will be my blueprint for the time being. At least we have the squad depth to hopefully push on in the Europa League.

Discussss!!!

Your star players are Kayal and Izzy

Your will do players are Brown, McCourt, Ledley, Hinkel, Wilson and Maloney

Your biggest talent are Forrest, who if trained and tutored can turn out really really good

If a good offer comes in for any player bar Kayal, Izzy and Forrest, you should accept it as you most likely will be able to get a better player or two, for that money

After a season, keep a good eye on the transferlist, and do most of you shopping of the transferlisted players from Real, Barca etc and you should be fine

Transfer can now be done over 48 months, it can bring you alot of good players, but will bring you a lot of debt to as the money will have to be paid back at some point

Get Christian Benitez and Lukaku for attack and you are fine for years

Also won the English Premier League in 2013-2014, 2nd year running, with 4 games left of the season

20132014.jpg

Sold Neymar for a club record £47m (making a £20m profit in two years on him) half way through the season to help balance the account, £40m or so will go over 18 months, and we are due 10% of the next transfer

Young superstar in the making

tomasi.jpg

He is a natural striker, but can play AMC and MC as well, been playing him mostly in midfield in the league, and as a striker in Europe

Messed up CL and finished 3th in the group after Bayern Munich and Feyenoord, but are up against Lille in the semis of the Euro Cup

Alright bhoys, I'm starting a new game version 11.3 with the mighty Hoops. Looking forward to loading it up and getting going. Any must buys, must keeps and must sells? I see a few folks managed to get Lukaku...how the hell!?!?

I can't find a decent centre half who'll come. Jelle Van Damme currently bidding 2m and had an offer of 3m for Mignot (Auxerre) accepted but he didn't want to come.

Badelj is off to Bayern or Inter.

Had my first few competitive games last night. Fenerbahce in the CL qualifiers. ost 1-0 at home in a close game. Then went over there and won 2-1 having changed my formation from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 counter. Then I went into the first league, away to Inverness and lost 3-2. Funny that! Defence an absolute shambles, didn't get near anyone all day.

Wee bit worried about my team gelling.

Signed Scott Loach and sold Zaluska.

Signed Suler and loaned out Cha.

Signed Benitez and Yurachenko and punted Murphy and Samaras.

Against Inverness I played...

Loach

Izzaguirre

Majstorovic

Loovens

Hinkel

Maloney

Ledley

Kayal

Brown

Benitez

Stokes

So quite alot of debuts, but I think I went out too attacking. Only plus was Benitez who scored two belters to bring us back into the game at 2-2 only for the defence to make a mess of it again. Izzy scored an OG. I switched to a 4-5-1 and immediately we started to get more joy...I don't like only having one striker though. Much rather play a 4-4-2

I have bought Lukaku (£3.3 million) and Milan Badelj (£1.5 million) so far . I'm looking for centre back, maximum £2 million?

You should have a look at Scott Dann, can't remember how much he cost but I bought him for the Bhoys a while back and he was a rock in my defence. :thup:

Looking for a good right back as Hinkel decided to leave on a freebie after the first season

Craig Thomson of Hearts or Kyle Naughton if Spurs won't have him after he comes back from loan to Leicester (bought him for 3.3m in the second season)

both have some height, which I like in my full backs

I started at had punted Sammy, Hinkel, Loovens, trying to sell Maloney and Murphy but no joy, important point for anyone starting a new career on the 11.3 patch, ask the board right away for bigger revenue on the transfers as is set to 35% of revenue. I ask straight away and they increase it to 95% for about a month then it varies if you go low on funds.

Milan Badelj is a cracking signing however will cost 3.9 Million flat and you need to offer him 29k a week so swallows a large part of the wage budget.

If you want to build a Scottish spine in the team, which I do them team up Benitez with Leigh Griffiths of Dundee for about 550k and Zander Diamond for about 800k, he may look like plug out the Beano however helps with the Scottish heads for Europe and averages a 7.45 a season.

Denis is a good signing for 50k he is 16 and a hot prospect, easy to sign and the second season starts to improve if loaned out, have sold him for 3million after 2 seasons of doing nothing but punting him out on loan.

DeMerit is a freebie american cb, good for backup does a job

Marko Livaja, same as Denis but can develop into a cracking player.

Just starting a new career at the moment as had a crash dump last nite, lost all of the pre seasons signings ;-(

Any luck on poaching players from Scotland or EIRE? None of the regens appear to be too good. I know that Grimmer and Fyvie were highly touted, but niether would come to Paradise. I signed Griffiths for 500K and he is currently valued at 2.3 million, but there seems to be little other talent availible. I have been loading my U19 squad with talented players, primarily Mex and S. America, but I don't think that that is the true direction of the club

Season Update

Just started my 2013/2014 Season. Have won the SPL 3 seasons in a row with rangers nowhere to be seen in the last two seasons. The main two teams that have been my competion have been St mirren who have been bought over by a spanish tycoon and who appointed this man as manager:

oneil.jpg

Dundee Utd have been the other team that has been up there with Johnny Russell Banging in the goals for them. Rangers were stuck at 5th last season and were 3rd the season before well off the mark. there manager is this man and barely kept his job after beating me in the last game of the season...

gersmanager.jpg

This was the standings from last season...

Season1213.jpg

Here is my transfers for this season, Have re-signed Marc Crosas as needed back up for my midfield and re-signed Broony on loan from birmingham with the option to buy.

celtictransfers20132014.jpg

Will add cups and Star Players in the next post.

Archived