FM11: Official Player Role and Duty Thread

Fabio MVP

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lukaku and Vela in attack? Thinking that Lukaku should be advanced forward, Vela as poacher, but I'd like to see what you people think.

Also what about Lassana Diarra and Arturo Vidal?

I higly doubt that combination of roles would work as those are very similar roles with Advanced Forward having a bit more creativity and freedom. Both are the most attacking roles for strikers. It is highly suggested to have one striker on Attack duty and other on Support, because that way two strikers stretch two defenders and make a lot of free space available for striker with Attack duty to run into and exploit it.

In that particular case I'd play Lukaku as a Complete Forward (Support) and Vela as a Poacher.

Lass is Ball Winning Midfielder in my book with Defend duty played in MC or DMC position. Am not sure about Vidal though as I haven't seen him in FM11, so I don't know his natural position and attributes.

What is John Obi Mikel's best role I thought DMC- Defend but I want to make use of his first touch and technique and how about Dirk kuyt if i want him as a winger running a lot and tracking back to defense. Also Hulk as a lone striker with an AMC behind him as an Inside Forward

Also I just started a game with chelsea playing the 4-5-1

Drogba

Malouda Anelka

Lamps Essien

Mikel

Cole Terry Alex Bosingwa

how should i play malouda and cole?

i play Ramsey as MC alongside fletcher . How should i play him?

Advanced Playmkaer (Support) and Fletch Ball-Einning Midfielder (Defend).

What is John Obi Mikel's best role I thought DMC- Defend but I want to make use of his first touch and technique and how about Dirk kuyt if i want him as a winger running a lot and tracking back to defense. Also Hulk as a lone striker with an AMC behind him as an Inside Forward

Drogba

Malouda Anelka

Lamps Essien

Mikel

Cole Terry Alex Bosingwa

Obi Mikel - Anchor Man

Kuyt - Defensive Forward (Attack)

Hulk - Complete Forward (Attack)

Cole - Full Back (Automatic)

Is Malouda AMC there? If so then Attacking Midfielder, but would be best to play him in his natural position as Winger (Attack).

Drogba

Malouda Anelka

Lamps Essien

Mikel

Cole Terry Alex Bosingwa

Mikel play as deep lying playmaker/defend. Then change his through balls to sometimes, and he works best with a short passing game if you've got that, if not bring it down manually a few notches. He so rarely gives the ball away.

Cole is wing back attack, maybe move his crossing down to sometimes though. Malouda at AML should be inside forward/attack, with wideplay changed to normal.

Hi Guys,

I have a Benfica game and currently have Cardozo, Lukaku, Saviola and Nuno Gomes. Any suggestions as to how I should set their roles? I am in two minds as I know both Oscar and Lukaku can both play as a complete forward and it wouldn't work well if they were both set to that. I am wondering what is the best combination for them and also if any of you have any ideas as to the best roles to give Nuno and Saviola when they come off the bench.

I am currently playing a 4-3-1-2 if that helps.

Hi Guys,

I have a Benfica game and currently have Cardozo, Lukaku, Saviola and Nuno Gomes. Any suggestions as to how I should set their roles? I am in two minds as I know both Oscar and Lukaku can both play as a complete forward and it wouldn't work well if they were both set to that. I am wondering what is the best combination for them and also if any of you have any ideas as to the best roles to give Nuno and Saviola when they come off the bench.

I am currently playing a 4-3-1-2 if that helps.

Cardozo Target Man (Support) - Lukaku Complete Forward (Attack). Am not sure about Nuno Gomes TBH, but Saviola Poacher definitely.

Guys , What about Steven Defour?

As MC? Cnetral Midfielder (Support).

Hey fabio , I play him as MC advanced playmaker ( attk ) will be the best? should i give him Roam from position ( yes )? Or any specific instructions?

Am not sure mate. Didn't have him in this year's FM. Leave him on default instructions then tweak them as you see him play if necesairlly.

Hi guys has anyone got advice for bent and ballotelli playing together? I usually use rvp with bent or ballo but hes injured for the season now :(

Both relish advanced role IMO, so it's tough to play them both, but probbaly Super Mario Support and Bent definitely Advanced Forward.

How can I get the best out of Gerrard and Torres?

I play a 4-2-3-1 with Gerrard in the AM centre position with Ganso, Affelay, Donovan, Babel (when he isn't having a sulk), Maxi, Kuyt or Joe Cole to his sides.

Geerrard as Attacking Midfielder (Attack) and Torres as a Advanced Forward.

Anyone has any idea on how to get the best of Kießling? I tried him on complete forward(support) in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Its kinda on and off. Sometimes he's awful, sometimes he's worldclass.

In a 4-2-4 formation, i tried him as target(support) which still doesn't seems to be great.:(

Wonder is it him that is just bad.

How can I get the best out of Gerrard and Torres?

I play a 4-2-3-1 with Gerrard in the AM centre position with Ganso, Affelay, Donovan, Babel (when he isn't having a sulk), Maxi, Kuyt or Joe Cole to his sides.

Gerrard advanced playmaker support

Torres Complete forward attack

Tick torres as target man and run on to ball as supply

Hi everyone. Anyone have any tips how to play Dzeko and Suarez? I have Dzeko as DLF/Support and Suarez as Advanced Forward/Attack. Reckon I should put Dzeko as Target man too, and how to play the ball to him? Thanks.

Hi everyone. Anyone have any tips how to play Dzeko and Suarez? I have Dzeko as DLF/Support and Suarez as Advanced Forward/Attack. Reckon I should put Dzeko as Target man too, and how to play the ball to him? Thanks.

I would go with either Dzeko complete forward attackand Suarez deep lying forward support or Dzeko target man support and Suarez as Advanced forward

to head would be suitable as a supply to Dzeko.

You could always put dzeko up fornt on his own with suarez being as trequartista.

What is your team

I would go with either Dzeko complete forward attackand Suarez deep lying forward support or Dzeko target man support and Suarez as Advanced forward

to head would be suitable as a supply to Dzeko.

You could always put dzeko up fornt on his own with suarez being as trequartista.

What is your team

It's...

Gomes

Corluka Dawson Kjaer Coentrao

De Jong

Lennon Bale

Van der Vaart

Suarez Dzeko

Thanks

Thanks, I've enjoyed your spurs post btw. Either as target man and what supply, or no target man?

Cheers.

Well you could always switch, Dzeko to TM/attack and supply 'to head', but that depends on if you have a playmaker or not. Its not impossible to have both and I regularly did on FM10, it just doesn't seem to work as well overall in 11.

Thanks for your kind words about the Spurs thread, don't forget to let us know how you're doing :thup:

Well you could always switch, Dzeko to TM/attack and supply 'to head', but that depends on if you have a playmaker or not. Its not impossible to have both and I regularly did on FM10, it just doesn't seem to work as well overall in 11.

Thanks for your kind words about the Spurs thread, don't forget to let us know how you're doing :thup:

I have Van der Vaart behind as playmaker inside forward, so what do you think would be better? I'll post soon in the spurs room :)

I have Van der Vaart behind as playmaker inside forward, so what do you think would be better? I'll post soon in the spurs room :)

I'd leave Dzeko as Complete and not worry about a target man. However if you don't think they are seeing the ball enough then you have that option. See you in the Spurs thread soon :thup:

You could have suarez target man with tun on to ball as supply

Really? Suarez isn't an out and out paceman and if used as TM, his abilities definitely lean towards 'to feet' more than anything else.

Thanks fabio, will give that a shot. Was sad to hear about the racism at italys match last night, italian fans as well!

No problem mate. though I don't have no idea whatdoes it has to do with me. :D (regarding racism in Itay)

Guys , how to play Suarez and Alexis Sanchez in general?

Suarez - Advanced Forward; Sanchez - Winger (Attack)

For everyone. Play Džeko as a Complete Forward (Attack) or (Support).

what is the best combo for my strikers? I play with 2 upfront and i have Rooney, Berbatov, Dzeko and Suarez. I have found Rooney- complete forward (attack) with Berbatov- Deep lying forward (support) works really well but i am struggling to find other combinations with the other strikers, any ideas?

what is the best combo for my strikers? I play with 2 upfront and i have Rooney, Berbatov, Dzeko and Suarez. I have found Rooney- complete forward (attack) with Berbatov- Deep lying forward (support) works really well but i am struggling to find other combinations with the other strikers, any ideas?

IMO Rooney is best as a Advanced Forward and Complete Forward (Attack) and (Support). Berb as a Deep-Lying Forward (Support), Džeko as a Complete Forward (Attack) and Suarez as a Advanced Forward or Poacher. Do you tweak your instructions for Roo and Berba when you play the together in roles you mentioned?

How should i play ozil? he getting average 6.9. i got Hamšík as advanced playmaker and he good.

Advanced Playmkaer (Attack) seems the that should suit him best.

What the hell do I do with this guy?

uQKaT.jpg

Option 1: retrain him as a sweeper and play him as a libero. More than likely not going to happen because so few people use sweepers.

Option 2: Focus on him as a full back or maybe even a wing back. His jumping and heading are attrocious and even with training will never make him even a good centre back.

Option 1: retrain him as a sweeper and play him as a libero. More than likely not going to happen because so few people use sweepers.

Option 2: Focus on him as a full back or maybe even a wing back. His jumping and heading are attrocious and even with training will never make him even a good centre back.

Yeah I'm not gonna start employing a sweeper just for the sake of this kid, full back/wing back it is. So do you reckon I should put him on an aerobic intensive training schedule with an individual focus on positioning or something?

Yeah I'm not gonna start employing a sweeper just for the sake of this kid, full back/wing back it is. So do you reckon I should put him on an aerobic intensive training schedule with an individual focus on positioning or something?

He would make an excellent libero though!!

I would definitely focus on the physical side, but alternate beefing up mentals with his crossing/dribbling skills.

IMO Rooney is best as a Advanced Forward and Complete Forward (Attack) and (Support). Berb as a Deep-Lying Forward (Support), Džeko as a Complete Forward (Attack) and Suarez as a Advanced Forward or Poacher. Do you tweak your instructions for Roo and Berba when you play the together in roles you mentioned?

Hamsik can perform other roles (ins fwd/att mid) or play MC, while I see Ozil as a pure playmaker, so if I were you I'd switch them.

So nw i switch hamsilk to MC (attack) ozil as playmaker and hopefully this work out good for both of them (:

no i leave the instructions how they are its how to dzeko and rooney together and rooney and suarez together im struggling with

What the hell do I do with this guy?

uQKaT.jpg

From these attributes, he has the potential to be a very good wingback with attacking duty. I would focus on increasing his acceleration and pace first though by giving him individual focus on quickness. Then after 6 months or 1 year, I would switch that individual focus to crossing.

Got Defoe and Pazzini up top on my Spurs save, which roles would you play them? Defoe is awesome as poacher, cant stop scoring, but Pazzini, he does his share, but want more of him.. Also have Cardozo, but has done well as targetman support.

How would you play them together?

Short passing football, fluid..

Bale - Modric - Sandro - Lennon is the most used midfield behind them..

Samtimes i use Rafa Vdv as inside forward behind one of the strikers, but cant get him to work..

Archived