FM11: Official Player Role and Duty Thread

Fabio MVP

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, but given that Zamora is in support duty then Dembele should have attacking duty. i don't see him as a Poacher and he not that good for Advanced Forward. So I'd limit to him to target Man (Attack) so that he could b just concentrated on scoring goals.

How do Villa, Messi, Pedro play IRL?

STL, AMC, STR?

Poacher, Advanced Playmaker/attack, Poacher?

Also, is Xavi deep lying playmaker or advanced or box to box?

Villa - AML Inside Forward (Attack); when on ST then Poacher.

Messi on AML - Inside Forward (Attack), when on AMC - the same.

Pedro - AMR Inside Forward (Attack).

Xavi - MC - Advanced Playmaker (Support).

STL, AMC, STR?

Maybe Xavi DLP support, Pedro and Villa AMR and AML inside forward atk, and Messi either AMC trequartista or ST complete forward support, he just uses more skill to hold up ball instead of physical presence. Also Iniesta is probably AdvP atk.

Hey guys, bit of a tough one here to crack. I'll give some info on what I need help with.

I'm Aston Villa and have made a few signings. In particular, I've revamped the centre of midfield. I have 3 systems - 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-2-4 - all with 2 MCs, which are both usually Moussa Sissoko and Lars Bender, two players who are new signings to the club. I've finally managed to get Sissoko playing well (Deep-Lying Playmaker Support). However, Lars Bender isn't functioning at all as a Box-to-Box or Ball Winning Support Midfielder. His average rating after 10 league starts is 6.82, which is simply not good enough.

Name: Lars Bender

Position: Midfield Centre

Role: ?

Duty: ?

Other Instructions: ?

Team: Aston Villa

Team's Formation: I have a few:

4-2-4, with MC-MC, RW-LW, ST-ST; 4-2-3-1, with MC-MC, RW-AMC-LW, ST; 4-3-3, with DM, MC-MC, RW-LW, ST

LW is Downing, RW is Young, AMC is Hazard, DM is Makoun II, STs are Agbonlahor/Bent

Anything that might get Bender playing would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys, bit of a tough one here to crack. I'll give some info on what I need help with.

I'm Aston Villa and have made a few signings. In particular, I've revamped the centre of midfield. I have 3 systems - 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-2-4 - all with 2 MCs, which are both usually Moussa Sissoko and Lars Bender, two players who are new signings to the club. I've finally managed to get Sissoko playing well (Deep-Lying Playmaker Support). However, Lars Bender isn't functioning at all as a Box-to-Box or Ball Winning Support Midfielder. His average rating after 10 league starts is 6.82, which is simply not good enough.

Name: Lars Bender

Position: Midfield Centre

Role: ?

Duty: ?

Other Instructions: ?

Team: Aston Villa

Team's Formation: I have a few:

4-2-4, with MC-MC, RW-LW, ST-ST; 4-2-3-1, with MC-MC, RW-AMC-LW, ST; 4-3-3, with DM, MC-MC, RW-LW, ST

LW is Downing, RW is Young, AMC is Hazard, DM is Makoun II, STs are Agbonlahor/Bent

Anything that might get Bender playing would be greatly appreciated.

haven't got any advice for you, just interested. i'm villa too but i'm using delph as box-to-box support and he's been quite effective. it's the wings i've revamped cos IRL AY has left and downing wont be far behind so i've brought in young adam lallana from southampton plus an amazingly cheap cani from villareal and still have albie and bannan who can also fill those positions....

STL, AMC, STR?

Villa - AML Inside Forward (Attack) or ST Poacher (Attack)

Messi - ST Trequarista (Attack) or AMR Inside Forward (Attack)

Pedro - AMR or AML Inside Forward (Attack)

Xavi - CM Deep Lying Playmaker (Support) - means you can use Iniesta as Advanced Playmaker (Attack)

• 1 month later...

Sergio Floccari

Team: Lazio

Team's Formation: 4-3-1-2 wit poacher and DLF

I wouldn't say that I can't get the best out of him, I can't get anything. Underperforming for whole last season. any ideas how to connect him with Gameiro as a second striker and Hernanes behind them as an AMC?

Sergio Floccari

Team: Lazio

Team's Formation: 4-3-1-2 wit poacher and DLF

I wouldn't say that I can't get the best out of him, I can't get anything. Underperforming for whole last season. any ideas how to connect him with Gameiro as a second striker and Hernanes behind them as an AMC?

Advanced forward. His off the ball is impressive but his finishing, composure and pace lag a little.

He's quite brave, so try a complete forward.

If you're playing with what you said you are, I'd sell and perhaps try to find a number nine type striker.

Into my 2nd season with Coventry and struggling badly in the Premierhip, my 4 Strikers got 2 goal between them 9 games into the season. I play a 4-1-2-1-2 so need to know which combination of them should be used in which role.

My Options are:

Garra Dembele

Connor Wickham

Sergio Araujo

Cristian Fabbiani

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone having trouble getting the best out of Alexis Sanchez? i see alot of people raving about him on the game but i always buy him and although he chips in with a few goals but nothing near the amount that people say he scores for them. I have used him as a winger/attack and an inside forward/attack on both flanks, i've also made him concentrate on finishing and composure, ive tried everything from my team instructions from narrow to wide but still no joy. While i'm here has anyone got any tips on how to get wide men to score more goals on a whole, i also have the same problem with Eden Hazard on the other flank too, they always seem to isolate the main striker who then goes on a run as a result of the wide men being too wide, the wingers never seem to be in the right areas to score goals.

Some help would be appreciated, thanks

Which position would be best for this kid i agreed to sign you think?

MaurcioProfile_Attributes-1.png

His physical stats are too poor for a winger, he won't be fast enough... however...

his poor mental stats really make him unsuitable for any centre midfield position. WBL/ML/AML are probably the best positions for him, with his technical stats you can use him for defensive winger, winger, or inside forward role. for an AMC or striker position, he is simply too dumb (imo) so I'd stick with the positions he already has.

I think it's maybe too soon to judge that kid. At 16, his mental/physical stats are always going to be low. With the right training schedule, he should improve enough physically to grow into his tremendous technical attributes. The mental stats grow with age so there shouldn't be a worry there - his good determination should see to that.

With the technical attributes he starts with, the choice is yours. I would keep him as a LB

Anyone having trouble getting the best out of Alexis Sanchez? i see alot of people raving about him on the game but i always buy him and although he chips in with a few goals but nothing near the amount that people say he scores for them. I have used him as a winger/attack and an inside forward/attack on both flanks, i've also made him concentrate on finishing and composure, ive tried everything from my team instructions from narrow to wide but still no joy. While i'm here has anyone got any tips on how to get wide men to score more goals on a whole, i also have the same problem with Eden Hazard on the other flank too, they always seem to isolate the main striker who then goes on a run as a result of the wide men being too wide, the wingers never seem to be in the right areas to score goals.

Some help would be appreciated, thanks

It's all about balance. I'd start by saying I don't really like the hazard/sanchez combination. They're quite similar, fast, beat man type players. That said, it should still be able to work. I'd put sanchez AMR as a winger, and hazard as an inside forward, both attacking and, most importantly, with a free roam setting. Then it'd depend on what team you're managing, what the rest of the tactic would look like, but with 2 free roles on the flank, I'd probably want a supporting playmaker in the centre and a lowish flair, prolific poacher/target striker as a finisher.

I don't know why you want your AMR/AML to score much. I got ronaldo to score 50 from AMR, but a lot of those goals were scored because he was the target man, and not roaming. Using sanchez or hazard as a non roaming player seems like a waste to me though, especially sanchez.

I think it's maybe too soon to judge that kid. At 16, his mental/physical stats are always going to be low. With the right training schedule, he should improve enough physically to grow into his tremendous technical attributes. The mental stats grow with age so there shouldn't be a worry there - his good determination should see to that.

With the technical attributes he starts with, the choice is yours. I would keep him as a LB

I've never seen flair develop though, and I'd be relunctant to play a 14 flair player in my free roaming position.

Babacar and Cavani

Spurs

Seems like an unlikely couple to work well together. That said, I'd use babacar as support target and cavani in some free role position (despite the fact that there are far better options for such a slot) like complete forward or advanced forward.

Could also be used both as targets, but you'd need a very creative midfield.

It's all about balance. I'd start by saying I don't really like the hazard/sanchez combination. They're quite similar, fast, beat man type players. That said, it should still be able to work. I'd put sanchez AMR as a winger, and hazard as an inside forward, both attacking and, most importantly, with a free roam setting. Then it'd depend on what team you're managing, what the rest of the tactic would look like, but with 2 free roles on the flank, I'd probably want a supporting playmaker in the centre and a lowish flair, prolific poacher/target striker as a finisher.

I don't know why you want your AMR/AML to score much. I got ronaldo to score 50 from AMR, but a lot of those goals were scored because he was the target man, and not roaming. Using sanchez or hazard as a non roaming player seems like a waste to me though, especially sanchez.

I have basically been playing him that way already, i'm Chelsea and play in a 4-3-3 with balanced mentality, control setting, i've also tried fluid mentality with attacking setting but still no joy. His finishing is awful, i work on his composure and finishing but its still terrible, starting to wonder if his worth buying on the game. Good in real life though

• 2 weeks later...

erastokhani.png

What would be the best role for playing this guy as a lone striker, My main striker has just been injured and is out for 2-3 months, so i really need this guy to step up to the plate. I play a 4-2-3-1, and normally have a poacher up front on his own.

Or would he be better off in another position, I've just really struggled to find a role where he performs well, although he hasn't really had a run in the starting XI yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

erastokhani.png

What would be the best role for playing this guy as a lone striker, My main striker has just been injured and is out for 2-3 months, so i really need this guy to step up to the plate. I play a 4-2-3-1, and normally have a poacher up front on his own.

Or would he be better off in another position, I've just really struggled to find a role where he performs well, although he hasn't really had a run in the starting XI yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Going off his height, physical stats and his skill in the air & along the ground I'd go for target man - attack.

But with his having good all round stats, he'd probably work just as well (maybe better) as a complete forward - attack

Name: Nicolas Anelka

Position: ST

Role: Complete Forward

Team: Sheffield Wednesday

Team's Formation: 442 (4141 alternative formation)

He's only managed one goal so far into February, any ideas what role he should play in?

Advanced Forward? Get him to play on the shoulder of the back four & play balls into him. Take his 'Run with ball > Often' down to 'Run with Ball > Sometimes' - that should get him to layy the ball off quickly & go for a second ball ahead of him. Un-tick 'Roaming' too, especially if you want to get him goals.

:thup:

• 2 weeks later...
Am thinking of playing this striker upfront on his own and was wondering what role would you play him in? thanks

lucianoa.png

He is a strange one TBH, but Deep Lying Forward (Support) should suit him best. Anyway it's an unwritten rule that you should play lone striker as a Deep Lying Forward (Support) if he doesn't have enough support, so he doesn't gets isolated.

Thanks I've been Playing him as a deep lying forward support, is there any changes I could make to the settings ?

Just sell him okay?! :D He isn't fast, can't anticipate, he is not strong, can't move without ball, awful in air, he can't decide where to shoot. There, I said it!

Player: Wayne Rooney

Club: Manchester United

Role: Attacking Midfielder

Formation: 4-2-3-1

Had to drop him into the AM role because he was failing to score up top on his own. Can anyone recommend his best role/position please?

Player: Wayne Rooney

Club: Manchester United

Role: Attacking Midfielder

Formation: 4-2-3-1

Had to drop him into the AM role because he was failing to score up top on his own. Can anyone recommend his best role/position please?

Advanced Playmaker (Attack) or even Inside Forward (Attack). Depends what you want from him.

Archived