FM11: Official Player Role and Duty Thread

Fabio MVP

In need of advice for role and duty for your new striker (the one you bought, after selling Rooney)?

Or you just found the best possible role and duty for a player and you would like to share that with all of us?

This is the place for you! We'll do our best to help you find the best roles and duties for your players!

Would be helpful if you would use this format:

Name:

Position:

Role:

Duty:

Other Instructions:

Team:

Team's Formation:

Good luck everyone. :)

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to know what would be the best role for the following strikers:

Bojan krkic

diego forlan

Lisandro lopez

Asamoah Gyan

It depends on a lot of factors how you should play them. Formation of your team, are they lone strikers or are they paired with someone, if they are who is that player, do they have enoguh of support...

I set a format that you should follow. Would be easier to tell you how to play them.

Anyway, I'd play them like this:

Bojakn Krkić - Poacher

Diego Forlan - Complete Forward (Support)

Lisandro Lopez - Advanced Forward

Asamoah Gyan - Target Man (Support) - Ticked as a Target Man in Team Instructions with supply To Feet.

Krkić being obvious one, he is Poacher in my book or eventually Advanced Forward. Nothing else suits him IMO.

Diego Forlan really good all-rounder striker, so Complete Forward (Support) is the best one for him, so he could shoot from distance or play through balls to Aguero who is faster and should look to get onto those through balls.

Lisandro Lopez being the spreadhead of Lyon's attack should have that Advanced Forward role as he should be your strongest weapon when it comes to scoring goals.

As for Asamoah Gyan it's similar with Forlan and Aguero, but as he isn't that cretive as Forlan is I'd limit him to target Man (Support) role. I think he would be good at that role just because he has Darren Bent next to him who should look to run onto through balls layed by Gyan. With the pace Bent has he should profit from those through balls. They should have good partnership. Also Gyan psyhical presence makes him good target man.

Name: Daryl Murphy / Anthony Stokes / Samaras

Position: All are strikers

Team: Celtic

Team's Formation: 4-4-2

Notes: Celtic have four main strikers, those three plus Gary Hooper. Hoops I use as a poacher and he is first choice. The other striker position is more up for grabs and I really have no idea who to play or how to play them. Samaras is a physical presence who can hold the ball u a little. Stokes can run with the ball quite well but his end product sometimes is lacking. Murphy I just have no idea. Also something I have been noticing in the demo is the insane amount of simple chances are being missed and wasted.

Playing a 4-2-3-1 with Inter and I'm struggling to get the best out of Diego Milito - so what is his best position/role

I'd would always play lone striker as a Deep-Lying Forward (Support).

Name: Daryl Murphy / Anthony Stokes / Samaras

Position: All are strikers

Team: Celtic

Team's Formation: 4-4-2

Notes: Celtic have four main strikers, those three plus Gary Hooper. Hoops I use as a poacher and he is first choice. The other striker position is more up for grabs and I really have no idea who to play or how to play them. Samaras is a physical presence who can hold the ball u a little. Stokes can run with the ball quite well but his end product sometimes is lacking. Murphy I just have no idea. Also something I have been noticing in the demo is the insane amount of simple chances are being missed and wasted.

If Gary Hooper is your main striker and he is Poacher then I say play Samaras as a target Man (Support) next to him, so he could lay off balls to him for Hooper to run onto them. Typical Big Man & Small Man style.

Whats the best role for dzeko up front on his own ? cheers

Deep-Lying Forward (Support) IMO if he is a lone striker.

Javier Chicharito Hernandez From Manutd?

Poacher or Advanced Forward.

Song - CM - Ball Winning Midfielder

Wilshere - CM - Advanced Playmaker / CAM - Attacking Midfielder

Nasri - CAM - Trequartista/Attacking Midfielder

I've always struggled to find the best roles for Nasri and Wilshere... But that's how I'd use them, may not be the best option though

Any Man City players struggling with Milner, Silva and Balotelli?

I'm not complaining - played 13 W12 D1 LO and only conceded one goal, but they really seem to be playing pretty average.....

Balotelli has played 8 and scored 2 - his stats say he has had 33 shots on goal and scored 2 (LOL)!

Anyone else experiencing this? Milner and Silva seem pretty average - Seriously considering dropping Milner for SWP as he has looked better, and wonderign if Balotelli is better played on the wing? Roles I play in 4-4-2 are below:

Silva: Winger, Attack

Milner: Wide Midfidler, Support

Balotelli: Poacher/Advanced Forward, Attack

Well I wouldn't have thought that neither Silva or Milner would play particularly well wide in a 4-4-2. They both seem very much like 4-5-1 players, especially so with David Silva. I don't rate Milner that highly on the game anyway, so I wouldn't expect miracles, but he's a good squad player.

Balotelli might well be a case of form judging by the amount of shots he's had. Give him time as he's young and has a bad personality.

i had a quick go wiv man city, i played milner RM and silva LM and had barry and de jong in the middle with adebayor and tevez up front and i was undefeated all the way til november, balotelli is the hard one but i probs would be tempted to sell him, i kept santa cruz and hes scored a few, milner has scored a few for me and silva has scored 2, both strikers scoring as well

Guest Jonnyboyoneill

Hi,

Trying to get the best out of Schweiny, tried a few nothing is working especially when his creativity is only 12 which I think is strange

any ideas?

Regarding Silva, Balotelli and Milner, I'm in a similar predicament. I find that Balotelli as a Poacher, in a 4-3-1-2 alongside Tevez(Complete Forward Attack) and Silva(Advanced Playmaker Attack) behind them works. However Silva is really lacklustre, so I need something better. Trequartista isn't working either. Until Hamsik recovers from injury, I'm stuck with a disappointing Silva.

As for Milner, I play him alongside de Jong and Yaya as part of a central midfielder trio. Box to Box for Yaya and Milner, Ball Winning Defend for de Jong. Works well, so far.

EDIT: My support for Balotelli working in that situation is that he has 4 goals and 1 assist in 3 games.

Name: Kaka

Position: Attacking Midieilder

Role: Trequartista

Duty: Attack

Other Instructions:

Team: Chelsea

Team's Formation: 4-1-2-1-2

Kaka is not working as a trequartista ant ideas what I sould put him as?

Kaka is typical playmaker, so Advanced Playmaker (Attack) or (Support) IMO.

how about berbatov?

Deep_Lying Forward (Support) IMO.

Jack Wilshere as Centre Midfielder

Manchester United

Team's Formation 4-5-1 (Midfield with 3 CM and 2 Wingers)

What is his role and duty if i already had Fletcher Ball Winning and Rodwell Box-to-Box

Well, I suppose Fletch is on Defend duty? Rodwell on Support, so that leaves you with haveing Wilshere on Advanced Playmaker (Attack) IMO.

Currently playing as Tottenham Hotspurs and have Rafael Van Der Vaart playing as advanced playmaker he's doing ok but whats his best position to get the best out of him?

Also got Edin Dzeko playing as advanced forward he's scoring goals yet i see that people advise to use him as a deep lying forward(support)!

Any tips to get the best out of these players would be appreciated,thanks.

Currently playing as Tottenham Hotspurs and have Rafael Van Der Vaart playing as advanced playmaker he's doing ok but whats his best position to get the best out of him?

Also got Edin Dzeko playing as advanced forward he's scoring goals yet i see that people advise to use him as a deep lying forward(support)!

VdV: AMC/inside forward/attack. Or if you think you can get away with it Trequartista, but they struggle in the EPL.

Dzeko: Can play any role and will score goals. If he's playing up front on his own I almost always use DLF/support for him. In a partnership it depends on who he's with.

Don't know about VdV TBH, but I bet Edgar gave you good advice. :thup: As for Džeko IMO he could easily play as a Advanced Forward, Deep-Lying Forward (Attack) or (Support), Complete Forward (Attack) or (support and Target Man (Attack) or (Support).

Depends really what you want from him. To score goals or to lay off the balls to a smaller pacier striker (I suppose JD?). If former then Attack duty if latter Support duty.

Cheers.

Playing a 4-4-2 with liverpool, got Torres as Completed forward, not sure how to get the best out of babacar.

and would you play gerrard as advanced playmaker and merieles as ball winning or box to box?

Babacar don't know yet as I've not used but probably a poacher.

Gerrard Adv pm would work.

Meireles definitely b2b

Name: Totti

Position: AMC

Role:

Duty:

Other Instructions:

Team: Roma

Team's Formation: 4-2-3-1

Advanced playmaker or trequartista?

Do you even need to ask? Trequartista all day.

Playing a 4-4-2 with liverpool, got Torres as Completed forward, not sure how to get the best out of babacar.

and would you play gerrard as advanced playmaker and merieles as ball winning or box to box?

First of all Torres is typical Advance Forward. I'd play Gerrard as Advanced Playmaker (Attack) and of course Meireles as Box-To-Box. If Babacar is paired with Torres then he shgould have Support role. Try him as complete Forwad, Deep-Lying Forward or Target Man.

Name: Totti

Position: AMC

Role:

Duty:

Other Instructions:

Team: Roma

Team's Formation: 4-2-3-1

Advanced playmaker or trequartista?

Role Trequartista is based on Totti IRL, so yeah Trequartista all the way.

What roles would you play these forwards in a 4-4-2 ?

Hugo Rodallega.

Falcao.

Yaya Sanogo.

Mario Balotelli.

Andy Carroll.

Are they all in the same team or?

I want a good partnership with two of the five. Hugo Rodallega is a brilliant poacher but i can't get any of the other four to play well next to him.

I'd probably play Super Mario as Advanced Forward and Andy as a Target Man (Support) as my first choice partnership.

If Rodallega as a Poacher you say then Andy the same as with Mario. Yaya Sanogo the same as Mario, but don't know about Falcao (don't know his attributes) and never had him. Sorry.

I'd probably play Super Mario as Advanced Forward and Andy as a Target Man (Support) as my first choice partnership.

If Rodallega as a Poacher you say then Andy the same as with Mario. Yaya Sanogo the same as Mario, but don't know about Falcao (don't know his attributes) and never had him. Sorry.

Cheers Fabio I'll give that a try :thup.

Archived