FM 2011: What Team Should I Be?

Guest roberto922

What do you guys reckon of each of these teams, which one would be the best save i.e- enjoyable, fun and challenging. I've narrowed it down to these teams...

3) Roma

4) Valencia

5) Aston Villa

1) Stuttgart

2) PSG

any advice would be appreciated, basically i can't decide, seem to have this problem every year when i buy the new FM...

Cheers Lads...

I have done the same as edgar, except changed the order!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking of starting a new game as I really want to test out this new dynamic league reputation feature, and give myself a change of scenery from my current game. Any suggestions? I am thinking possibly a team from a league in Eastern Europe, but completely open to suggestions.

What do you guys reckon of each of these teams, which one would be the best save i.e- enjoyable, fun and challenging. I've narrowed it down to these teams...

2) Roma

5) Valencia

4) Aston Villa

3) Stuttgart

1) PSG

any advice would be appreciated, basically i can't decide, seem to have this problem every year when i buy the new FM...

Cheers Lads...

Done the same as edgar and Ty, altough if you want a German team then I recommend Leverkusen.

Thinking of starting a new game as I really want to test out this new dynamic league reputation feature, and give myself a change of scenery from my current game. Any suggestions? I am thinking possibly a team from a league in Eastern Europe, but completely open to suggestions.

I started a save with MSK Zilina and it was fun. Athletic Bilbao is always a good choice, and the croation league is an interesting place I've always wanted to go to, but never have.

*also known as the best Englishman currently in management.*

Do you say these things to wind me up? In fact, no need to answer that, I know the answer.

Wolfsburg are struggling big time under Schteve, whilst another Englishman has just led his team to top of their CL group at their first attempt. Breaking goal scoring records on the way. So, no McLaren isn't known as the best Englishman in management.

I am coming to the depressing realisation that despite playing all the games since CM4, I am actually quite bad at this game. Are there clubs that are nice to players on a learning curve, for example generous expectations for squad ability, or with patient chairmen? Where did everyone else 'learn the trade'?

I am coming to the depressing realisation that despite playing all the games since CM4, I am actually quite bad at this game. Are there clubs that are nice to players on a learning curve, for example generous expectations for squad ability, or with patient chairmen? Where did everyone else 'learn the trade'?

Athletic Bilbao are nice as the transfer restrictions prevent you from over-signing, and they start with a decent team and realistic expectations, and the player roles are very easy to figure out (check my team thread for details on that). Newly-promoted Real Sociedad (another Basque club) aren't a bad choice, either, as you start with a solid squad and easy expectations.

Other than that, I'd recommend a top side, though outside of England due to the fact that match congestion is an issue there (at least for me). Maybe try Barcelona, Lyon, or Bayern Munich. Wolfsburg aren't a bad choice, either.

Petrzalka in Slovakia may be good: Won the Corgon Liga two or three years ago but their team got picked apart and theyve found themselves relegated.\

Maybe Torpedo Moscow? They were a top club in the Soviet league, but are no longer much of anything and have been in the lower Russian leagues recently.

Union Saint-Gilloise in Belgium: They have more titles than Standard Liege, but are now in the third division.

Arges Pitesti in Romania: 5th on the Romanian League all-time table, but now in Liga II

Thanks dude, gonna have a look at Union Saint-Gilloise, and Petrzalka, with the Belgians looking the more likely!

Hi,

I'm looking to be either Leverkusen or Wolfsburg, who do you guys suggest and why?

Thanks

And while I would maybe choose Wolfsburg also, in my ICT game, Leverkusen won the CL twice in a row, with Keissling ripping european football a new asshole. Just a thought.

You've clearly not met Purefun then. :D;) Come to Lyon, we shall show you the way. :cool::thup:

I'm now looking for a team which is a challenger in a league based in a european league and:

a) isn't one of the top 4 or 5 countries. Deffo not England, Italy, Spain or France. Probably not Germany either. Holland at a push but ideally more obsure.

b) has more than 1 knockout cup each season.

c) has more than 10 teams. I'll settle for 12 teams but ideally would have more!

History and youth setup isn't too important either.

Which teams in France, Spain & Italy have the best set of domestic youngsters, something which you can build on and they are not playing European football?

In France, Toulouse FC. Sissoko, M'Bengue....a good manager could get them into Champions League. Or try PSG, who are great fun to manager and fall under that criteria

EDIT: Actually sorry PSG are in the europa league. That is the downside of managing them in my view as it is more an achievment to get a team like that into europe yourself. Still, i might change it in the editor so that it was Monaco who won the coupe de ligue instead.

Southampton or QPR :thup:

Southampton being a great save for anyone choosing to do so.

Good call, S'oton have great potential.

Do you say these things to wind me up? In fact, no need to answer that, I know the answer.

Wolfsburg are struggling big time under Schteve, whilst another Englishman has just led his team to top of their CL group at their first attempt. Breaking goal scoring records on the way. So, no McLaren isn't known as the best Englishman in management.

Schtevey just won Wolfsburg the Bundesliga in my save he he. I am willing to bet my life that he'll be re-offered the England job within 5 seasons too.

Schtevey just won Wolfsburg the Bundesliga in my save he he. I am willing to bet my life that he'll be re-offered the England job within 5 seasons too.

I wouldn't bet my life but I'll admit theres a good chance. He did well with Twente, but is struggling atm in the Bundesliga which is admittedly a step up from Eredivisie.

And whoever Ty was talking too, I'll back QPR, Taarabt <3

I'm now looking for a team which is a challenger in a league based in a european league and:

a) isn't one of the top 4 or 5 countries. Deffo not England, Italy, Spain or France. Probably not Germany either. Holland at a push but ideally more obsure.

b) has more than 1 knockout cup each season.

c) has more than 10 teams. I'll settle for 12 teams but ideally would have more!

History and youth setup isn't too important either.

Scotland? im a hearts fan have a go with them :p they finish top 6 easily but try and beat celtic/rangers for 1st place and 2nd, hearts have a LOAD of amazingly talented youngers ;) E.G: Templeton, Driver etc etc (Y)

Hey guys im having trouble deciding which club to be next...

I want a club which aint the top like chelsea or barca but is a strong team who could compete for titles and could be a fun save, have a decent budget, decent current squad..Im looking at Spain or Germany.

From Spain ive nailed it down to Atletico and Villarreal or possibly Sevilla which fun in fm10. So far i think Atletico have the edge since their budgets and stadium is nice, but i like villarreal.

In Germany im not too sure yet- i liek dortmund but their budget aint too good -_-

Also Leverkusen dont look too bad but again budgets are a bit small- dunno if i could work away around it...

So any clubs u could recommend in spain or germany?

Hey guys im having trouble deciding which club to be next...

I want a club which aint the top like chelsea or barca but is a strong team who could compete for titles and could be a fun save, have a decent budget, decent current squad..Im looking at Spain or Germany.

From Spain ive nailed it down to Atletico and Villarreal or possibly Sevilla which fun in fm10. So far i think Atletico have the edge since their budgets and stadium is nice, but i like villarreal.

In Germany im not too sure yet- i liek dortmund but their budget aint too good -_-

Also Leverkusen dont look too bad but again budgets are a bit small- dunno if i could work away around it...

So any clubs u could recommend in spain or germany?

Well if you want to compete for the title on Germany, then how about Wolfsburg? Not sure about the transfer budget in the first window, but they have a decent squad(Dzeko/Kjaer etc)

In Spain you are really looking at Ath.Madrid or Sevilla if you want to usurp Barca/Real, but that is no gaurantee!

what i did was i created my own club and put him in the npower League 2 and start from there, i just bought 19 players to start the season with..... at the begining everybody was getting used to the team but now my team is in middle table and keep going up, when i created the club i put around 7 million in the balance with no players a 10000 stadium and a very low reputation around 3000.

Looking for a club:

Doesant need to be in the top league, have a decent youth and training set up and with some work could possibly have a small challenge every now and then for afew titles.

Not too bothered with difficulty i like a challenge ;)

If you're patient: Athletic Club Bilbao, FC Sochaux, St. Pauli

Less Patient: West Ham, Real Sociedad, Spartak Moscow, Ruzemberok (Slovakia), Standard Liege

I am about to take up a club and country challenge, the aim to manage a nation and use a club from that nation to bring through regens and youth players. Just thought some people on here would have some decent ideas of a good nation and club to manage. Doesn't matter if its a challenge wouldn't want Arsenal and England or Barcelona and Spain.

I am about to take up a club and country challenge, the aim to manage a nation and use a club from that nation to bring through regens and youth players. Just thought some people on here would have some decent ideas of a good nation and club to manage. Doesn't matter if its a challenge wouldn't want Arsenal and England or Barcelona and Spain.

Ajax and Holland. Anderlecht and Belgium. Toulouse and France.

River Plate or Velez Sarsfield and Argentina

Fluminese or Internacional and Brazil

Athletic Bilbao or Sevilla and Spain

FC Sochaux or Marseille or Toulouse and France

I need a team to play when I'm drunk, as I totally screw up whenever I play my main saves. Here are the requirements:

Definitely needs to be a team that is easy to figure out tactically. Also, I tend to over-spend when drinking, so I want the team to have healthy finances/budgets. More specifically, I over-spend on central defenders and/or strikers (more often strikers, though) so I'd like the team to lack depth in those positions, or need improvement. I would like a team that is in a top league in its continent, and predicted to finish at least mid-table in its league. I don't really want to do the Premier League, but I may be open to a Championship or League 1 side- outside of England, it should preferably be in the top league, though this isn't necessarily a requirement, but I definitely don't want a team in a low league (must at least be second-tier I'd say, but top-flight is preferred). Give me as many suggestions as possible, preferably with a sentence or two explaining why the team fits.

hi need team pref from eastern europe nations was thinking was serbia.bulgaria,hungary or .latvia as i got xml im thinking of return a grate teams ie red star belgrade or one the budapest teams or sofia teams to glory

Might I suggest Slovakia? I made a save with MSK Zilina and it's enjoyable, though hard. Zilina can easily join the Slovak League, but leading them to Champ's League glory can be quite a challenge.

If you aren't willing to do that, I'd go with Budapest Honved, Debreceni, MTK Hungaria, or Ujpest (all are from Budapest except MTK)

I need a team to play when I'm drunk, as I totally screw up whenever I play my main saves. Here are the requirements:

Definitely needs to be a team that is easy to figure out tactically. Also, I tend to over-spend when drinking, so I want the team to have healthy finances/budgets. More specifically, I over-spend on central defenders and/or strikers (more often strikers, though) so I'd like the team to lack depth in those positions, or need improvement. I would like a team that is in a top league in its continent, and predicted to finish at least mid-table in its league. I don't really want to do the Premier League, but I may be open to a Championship or League 1 side- outside of England, it should preferably be in the top league, though this isn't necessarily a requirement, but I definitely don't want a team in a low league (must at least be second-tier I'd say, but top-flight is preferred). Give me as many suggestions as possible, preferably with a sentence or two explaining why the team fits.

maybe you should try to play one of the big teams in Portugal? (eg Sporting CP, Benfica or Porto), they all have decent economy, and considering how averange most other teams in that league are you will not end up throwing the comp out of the window in frustration or rage quit the game due to poor league form

Club: Hertha Berlin

Division: German Second Division

Transfer Budget: £0

Board Expectation: Promotion

Key Players: Raffael, Ramos, Lustenbuger.

Pros: Good enough squad to get promotion after last years relegation, big stadium.

Cons: Crippling loan debt, some players are on stupid wages and prove hard to get rid of.

Level of Difficulty (1 to 10 - 10 being very hard): 2 to get promotion, however 8 to establish the team in the Bundesliga as a transfer budget won't be available until at least the third season given the clubs finances.

Additional Information: Keep Ramos as his goals are crucial to the teams success and will earn the club more in prize money than he would command for a transfer fee.

maybe you should try to play one of the big teams in Portugal? (eg Sporting CP, Benfica or Porto), they all have decent economy, and considering how averange most other teams in that league are you will not end up throwing the comp out of the window in frustration or rage quit the game due to poor league form

Good suggestions- I didn't even think Portugal but I am definitely going to give these teams a look. I'll probably go with Sporting because I saw them play in a friendly tournament here in NY (they played against Spurs when I saw them) so I have some connection.

Anderlecht and Belgium damn you. Ooh and start a club thread about Anderlecht while you are at it. :p

Archived