FM 2011: What Team Should I Be?

Guest roberto922

Club: Real Sporting Gijon

Division: La Liga

Transfer Budget: 3.5m pounds

Board Expectation: Survive relegation

Key Players: Miguel de Las Cuevas, Mate Bilic, Albert Botia, Jose Angel, Alberto Lora. Can easily achieve mid-table in the first season.

Pros: Good starting base, great young players and excellent training facilities with good youth setup.

Cons: Small starting transfer budget (although the board more than doubles this halfway through the season).

Level of Difficulty (1 to 10 - 10 being very hard): 6-7, Sporting is a small club but with a solid base to build on. Doesnt require a large initial outlay to be competitive and not to mention that it has the highest matchday attendance (98%) in the league.

Additional Information: Great save and a good challenge.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Key Players: Miguel de Las Cuevas, Mate Bilic, Albert Botia, Jose Angel, Alberto Lora. Can easily achieve mid-table in the first season.

Pros: Good starting base, great young players and excellent training facilities with good youth setup.

Cons: Small starting transfer budget (although the board more than doubles this halfway through the season).

Level of Difficulty (1 to 10 - 10 being very hard): 6-7, Sporting is a small club but with a solid base to build on. Doesnt require a large initial outlay to be competitive and not to mention that it has the highest matchday attendance (98%) in the league.

I would say that I'm ver encouraged. I will start save with Gijon soon for sure :thup:

I am looking for a club with the following:

• Not in the top tier division from their respective country (I like achieving promotion)
  • A decent reputation so that young prospects will want to come
  • Either a decent transfer budget or easily sellable squad to make up funds
  • Having at least one HG promising youngster already at the club is a bonus

Any suggestions?

NB: I've played Leeds for the last two seasons so I would like to try another club.

I am looking for a club with the following:

• Not in the top tier division from their respective country (I like achieving promotion)
  • A decent reputation so that young prospects will want to come
  • Either a decent transfer budget or easily sellable squad to make up funds
  • Having at least one HG promising youngster already at the club is a bonus

Any suggestions?

NB: I've played Leeds for the last two seasons so I would like to try another club.

Cardiff City or Q.P.R!

Have you been hacked Ty.

No, I don't dislike Southampton like a passion like I should, due to being a Pompey fan.

I think they are a great club, and too good of a club to be in League 1.

I tried a save with them on FM10, and felt dirty.

Club: Almeria

Media Prediction: 13th

Transfer Budget: 1.3m pounds (mid table finish) - £2m (winners)

Board Expectation: Mid table

Key Players: Diego Alves and Pablo Piatti

Pros: Good starting base with a handful of very good players, good youth facilities and youth academy, very achievable first season aim.

Cons: Very small and thin squad, hardly any money, small stadium (22,000) with no expansion capacity, lack of quality striker

Level of Difficulty (1 to 10 - 10 being very hard): 7 A solid base should make achieving board aims at the beginning achievable, but we all want to excel that don't we??!! That's where the challenge begins...

Im looking for a club:

-Club that produce own players and doesnt buy a lot(similar club like Barca, they produce own players)

-Is not in top divisions, but lower one

-Young players in first squad

-Is in England, Spain, Italy, France, Portugal, Holland

I too shall start a game with Gijon. I'm a huge fan of the Spanish league and i've had a look at Gijon previously. Was quite amazed at the number of decent Spanish players aged approx 20-27 in their squad. 'Donchi' did you manage to hang on to your key players? Shame there isn't a team thread yet.

Hey guys, looking for a team abroad, mid-table prediction. A fun save that will last about 5 years until I have to start buying regens. Just got that far with Bolton and really enjoyed it, but having to buy regens now, which I dislike doing.

I'd say any league in Europe would be my limitations, though I'd be a bit picky about Portugal and Italy.

Hey guys, looking for a team abroad, mid-table prediction. A fun save that will last about 5 years until I have to start buying regens. Just got that far with Bolton and really enjoyed it, but having to buy regens now, which I dislike doing.

I'd say any league in Europe would be my limitations, though I'd be a bit picky about Portugal and Italy.

Athletic Bilbao, Paris Saint-Germain, FC Köln, Hoffenheim, Sevilla, Spartak Moscow, Utrecht, Stabæk

Hello.

I find a cool club, for England, Spain, France, Italy and Germany.

Sorry for my bad English. :p

I strongly recommend Schalke. With the stars in their squad, it is very exciting to try to win trophies. Bundesliga makes it more exciting because there are lots of teams candidate for championship. You should give a try.

Looking for an old club. No teams from England. Something in the lower leagues, and little history as far as cup and league titles.

Arenas Getxo, Alaves, CD Europa, and Real Union are all lower league clubs in Spain that do not really have any silverware but were founding members of La Liga in 1929.

I'm looking for a new game, I want a team that should at least challenge for their league from the start but succeeding in Europe will be a challenge. I don't really want a save in the UK. So fire away please guys :thup:.

I'm looking for a new game, I want a team that should at least challenge for their league from the start but succeeding in Europe will be a challenge. I don't really want a save in the UK. So fire away please guys :thup:.

I know you said you don't want any in the UK but Nottingham Forest :D. Good squad predicted to finish first and some players who are playing as The Mighty Reds have done already. It's a challenge to get to Europe and do well in it but if you win the Champions League you will equal the greatest manager the club has ever had. Brian Clough :D. :thup:.

I know you said you don't want any in the UK but Nottingham Forest :D. Good squad predicted to finish first and some players who are playing as The Mighty Reds have done already. It's a challenge to get to Europe and do well in it but if you win the Champions League you will equal the greatest manager the club has ever had. Brian Clough :D. :thup:.

I wanted a team in the top division that was challenging for the league, possibly in the Champions League but haven't got much chance of winning it.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

You can't just go round suggesting Forest for everything. ;)

Harry: Palermo, Genoa, PSG, Lyon, Marseille, Ajax.

I wanted a team in the top division that was challenging for the league, possibly in the Champions League but haven't got much chance of winning it.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I know you said Champions League, but let me recommend Bayer Leverkusen. Great youngish squad and great analysis of the squad in the thread.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/241954-FM11-Bayer-04-Leverkusen-the-return-of-Ballack.

You can't just go round suggesting Forest for everything. ;)

Harry: Palermo, Genoa, PSG, Lyon, Marseille, Ajax.

Nottingham Forest :D. I am glad Purefun let me do the thread for them this year as it's the only saves along with Scunthorpe and my career save that I will have. So I am trying to spread the joy of being Nottingham Forest :D.

Guest roberto922

PSV, Ajax, Anderlecht, Zenit, Shakhtar etc. basically any club that's the dominant side in a medium strength league would fit your requirements

I wanna find a club that's fallen from grace, so to speak, but not one that's too easy to do. If possible i'd like it to be in a league where i'm not going to be restricted by players not wanting to move to a lower reputation league :D

Usually i do a save with Ajax, Benfica, Boca and Juve, but fancied a change

I was thinking of trying out Steaua Bucharest or Napoli but it's very hard to raise the league's reputation to buy in some of the players i like :( Also maybe a Russian club/someone from Eastern Europe

French clubs are a possibility too, but i really hate Lyon and don't know which other clubs would be fun to play as. Just someone with a good history really

Any ideas? :D

I wanna find a club that's fallen from grace, so to speak, but not one that's too easy to do. If possible i'd like it to be in a league where i'm not going to be restricted by players not wanting to move to a lower reputation league :D

I was thinking of trying out Steaua Bucharest or Napoli but it's very hard to raise the league's reputation to buy in some of the players i like :( Also maybe a Russian club/someone from Eastern Europe

French clubs are a possibility too, but i really hate Lyon and don't know which other clubs would be fun to play as. Just someone with a good history really

Hey Hating Lyon isnt nice!!! :(

Steaua i have tried and is a great challenge, however as your mentioned league reputation is hard, I would say Leeds have majorly fallen from grace, yet they are on the up, and are in the English Championship! Or if its Russia you could definitely try Spartak Moscow!!

Guest roberto922

Obvious answer, but.

Club: Everton FC

Division: English Premier Division

Transfer Budget: £3.6m +

Board Expectation: Top half of the table

Key Players: Mikel Arteta, Phil Jagielka, Leighton Baines, Tim Cahill, Steven Pienaar, Marouane Fellaini.

Pros: Some great youngsters like Rodwell, Barkley, Hammar, Duffy. Top training facilities. Strong squad, some great players, but decent challenge as some areas still need filling.

Cons: No proper right winger, not much money, alot of strikers but no real standouts.

Level of Difficulty (1 to 10 - 10 being very hard): 6?

Additional Information: Don't really have much else to say, pretty much everyone knows what Everton is all about

Right I'm looking for someone fairly low down, in a more obscure league, preferably in europe. Not top flight, not in england, spain, italy, or any of the bigs up to and including scotland. A team that needs building, I'll only play in england or scotland if someone convinces me of the most awesome bottom tier team to go, but preferably europe.

Right I'm looking for someone fairly low down, in a more obscure league, preferably in europe. Not top flight, not in england, spain, italy, or any of the bigs up to and including scotland. A team that needs building, I'll only play in england or scotland if someone convinces me of the most awesome bottom tier team to go, but preferably europe.

Petrzalka in Slovakia may be good: Won the Corgon Liga two or three years ago but their team got picked apart and theyve found themselves relegated.\

Maybe Torpedo Moscow? They were a top club in the Soviet league, but are no longer much of anything and have been in the lower Russian leagues recently.

Union Saint-Gilloise in Belgium: They have more titles than Standard Liege, but are now in the third division.

Arges Pitesti in Romania: 5th on the Romanian League all-time table, but now in Liga II

Nottingham Forest. Take them back to European Glory and try to equal the greatest manager the club ever had. Brian Clough. edgar I can use Forest as an example now ;).

What do you guys reckon of each of these teams, which one would be the best save i.e- enjoyable, fun and challenging. I've narrowed it down to these teams...

1) Roma

2) Valencia

3) Aston Villa

4) Stuttgart

5) PSG

any advice would be appreciated, basically i can't decide, seem to have this problem every year when i buy the new FM...

Cheers Lads...

What do you guys reckon of each of these teams, which one would be the best save i.e- enjoyable, fun and challenging. I've narrowed it down to these teams...

1) Roma

2) Valencia

3) Aston Villa

4) Stuttgart

5) PSG

any advice would be appreciated, basically i can't decide, seem to have this problem every year when i buy the new FM...

Cheers Lads...

I started a Valencia save. Theres a lot of old players on high wages which you can sell then budget adjust to get around 30mil in transfer funds and start to rebuild the team. It could be a very good fun save.

3) Roma

5) Valencia

4) Aston Villa

2) Stuttgart

1) PSG

Cheers Lads...

I've renumbered them into the order I rate them, 1 being best.

Archived