OFFICIAL FM2011 Demo First Impressions Thread

Where is Joao Moutinho? He has been an integral part of my teams for the past few years now, but i dont see him at porto nor find him in search. Want to see how good he is in this. At least Marek Hamsik is still classy and relatively cheap for a top club @ 14-16m

Joao Moutinho plays for Porto m8

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the most stupid thing i have seen so far is probably what Ibrahimovic is being valued in the game. Not half what AC Milan is to pay for him, a deal which was widely considered a ripoff.

Sadly there are lots of others. You (si games) should seriously consider getting some researchers who at least reads goal.com or stuff like that...

I've just had my first game as Nottingham Forest manager and think I should now retire on a high.

c0sW8.jpg

0Fl5p.jpg

Hopefully this is a freak result.

Although I've only played the one game, I have toyed around with the various features and it all seems so sleek and smooth. The skin isn't particularly easy on the eyes, but I'm sure I will find a better one in time. It seems like Football Manager 2010 with a few bells and whistles on, which really doesn't bother me considering it's difficult to reinvent the football management sim.

No.

Not loaded due to database size. He'll be in the full game.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol. He has been a great buy for years, not as good in 10 as 09 but he is still a quality player and a great guy to build a team around. Post his stats from the full game? Plz? :-)

I am not sure why the interface need to change every year. But I am sure I will get used to it. Also in FM2010 during matches, I had it set to split view (match stats/player ratings) and then the highlights would show in classic pitch view. In the demo, no matter how many times I change the highlights setting to classic pitch view, the highlights show up in my left side split view. I hope it will be fixed in the full version, because I am too lazy to manually switch between classic and split view, and the new 3d highlights look nice so far.

Also I noticed that on the club information screen under stats, my squads average age show as 23. As I chose AC Milan for the demo and I have like 2 players under 25 years old in my team, it probably includes under 20 squad, and it really shouldn't.

1) Have you tried to customise these via the Manager Options panel?

2) I believe this has always been the case. But, it's something I'll look into further. Thanks.

One of the most stupid thing i have seen so far is probably what Ibrahimovic is being valued in the game. Not half what AC Milan is to pay for him, a deal which was widely considered a ripoff.

Sadly there are lots of others. You (si games) should seriously consider getting some researchers who at least reads goal.com or stuff like that...

Really not a very helpful post, if you have some specific data issues please direct them to the club threads in the data issues forum. However, you need to be prepared to offer something useful rather than just having a rant and making cheap digs because your opinion differs.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol. He has been a great buy for years, not as good in 10 as 09 but he is still a quality player and a great guy to build a team around. Post his stats from the full game? Plz? :-)

I'm not legally allowed to, but I'm sure you'll be pleased with him.

1) Have you tried to customise these via the Manager Options panel?

2) I believe this has always been the case. But, it's something I'll look into further. Thanks.

I have something same or similar.

No matter how many times I customise view in manager options panel (and save) every time I click on split view, it does not show what I set. (I set overview and stats isntead it gives me classic view and stats)

I have updated every thing on my computer but still when is use these settings i will not go cheers when a goal is scored

View Match: Classic View

Replays: Show: None

Highlight Mode: Only Commentary

I have sound cache set to all

Is that what the game is supposed to do or is it a problem with my computer if so what.

Can you please post about this issue in the UI bugs sub-forum at http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/200-User-Interface?

In the post, can you please mention the above settings and also describe what actually is shown during the match.

The save game you're having this problem with would also be helpful.

Thanks.

I've just had my first game as Nottingham Forest manager and think I should now retire on a high.

c0sW8.jpg

0Fl5p.jpg

Although I've only played the one game, I have toyed around with the various features and it all seems so sleek and smooth. The skin isn't particularly easy on the eyes, but I'm sure I will find a better one in time. It seems like Football Manager 2010 with a few bells and whistles on, which really doesn't bother me considering it's difficult to reinvent the football management sim.

You're not great, that's just how far Charlton have fallen. We're lucky it was only 11 :(

I have something same or similar.

No matter how many times I customise view in manager options panel (and save) every time I click on split view, it does not show what I set. (I set overview and stats isntead it gives me classic view and stats)

Does the left split panel not change to Overview when there is no highlight showing?

First impressions are excellent, especially the match engine its dynamite.

However, 2 minor points -

The team ratings and team motivation widgets are slightly different sizes, meaning you cant line them up side by side like you used to be able to. A small annoyance but it does take up more room when you need to display them both side by side rather than have them overlapping.

Also when i position them at the bottom left of my screen, at the start of the next game they have transported back to the centre of the screen. Like i say minor things, but just in case they weren't meant to be like this.

Top effort otherwise.

Thanks for bringing this up. We'll look into this.

I am a little older than most on this forum I suspect (I remember being addicted to CM2 in my teenage years) but I still dip in to FM regularly when I get the opportunity. I was one of the people who was a bit unsure about the introduction of the 3D match engine in to FM- I remember interviews with the Collyers way back when they said how the 3D match engine idea was an absolute no-go for the product and would never be introduced so was initially unhappy to see it as part of FM 09. I am delighted to say that having given it a chance with this release I am pretty much converted to it now- it has injected a new lease of life in to the game for me and I look forwards to using it when the new game comes out. I too was one of the people affected by the jerkiness of 3D in FM 2010 so am happy to say it no longer seems an issue so congratulations on managing that feat.

My only suggestion would be about the negotiations with agents, and perhaps it is my own fault for not using the system properly, but when you make an initial offer and the agent counters and you go on to make subsequent offers the figure on the screen changes but I cannot see how to scroll through the previous offers you and they have made (Only the 'original offer'). So I forget what my previous offer was and don't know if I am now offering a slightly higher or even lower wage in my new offer. I do love the feature though. The player interactions also seem good, though perhaps a little lacking in some of the dialogue and the players do seem to react poorly to some comments I make that are somewhat concillatory but this is a tiny gripe and I wouldn't want it changed.

Overall I am very impressed. It has been quite some time since I remember genuinely looking forwards to a FM game (Maybe 2005 was the last one) but this years seems to have managed it. I look forwards to playing the full version.

3. Views list in Tactics screen is too long for the list box. 'Attacking Throw Ins ®' is sticking out slightly (at least it is in Windowed mode).

4. Is it really true that only one player can attack from deep?? ... So now it is not possible to make a corner routine where a bunch of players attack the ball from a deep position?? .... reason for changing that??

3) Is your screen resolution 768 pixels in height? If yes, restore down the window and there shouldn't be any issues.

4) That is true. I believe this was changed when there was a review of the system performed before implementing the new set piece editor, and it was decided there were underlying issues with allowing the user this freedom.

Managed to lock myself out of my own tactics. Match view buttons were greyed out, the Match Controls -> Tactics button did nothing and the tab was was see-thru.

notactics.png

Happened after I'd been prompted to confirm my changes and pressed cancel, then tried to go back into my tactics

Have you managed to reproduce this following the steps you've outlined?

Hey, nice demo, but it reminded me of a minor annoyance. Is there are reason we can't have two scouting jobs in the same place? For example one searching defenders in England and another for strikers in England?

Mostly it gets in my way when the scout completes a search in England and to start another one there I have to remove the previous finished job. That way if I need to search for defenders again I have to create the assignment again, instead of just clicking "restart".

We can't edit scouting assignments, which also leads to unnecessary clicks. The scouting UI can use some love for the next version :)

Mainz 05 is moving to a new stadium in 2011, the coface arena. that move is not present in the demo, maybe its because its the demo, but still e.g. zenit st petersburg's move to a new arena is considered

If this is the case with the Demo then it will be the case with the full game. Could you raise this issue in the data forum? http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/197-Football-Manager-2011-Data-Issues

Cheers.

Really not a very helpful post, if you have some specific data issues please direct them to the club threads in the data issues forum. However, you need to be prepared to offer something useful rather than just having a rant and making cheap digs because your opinion differs.

I'm just disappointed with this because realism is very important to me if I'm gonna buy this game and I'm sure it is to others as well. It has nothing to do with opinion because what I said was fact. Regarding the "cheap dig" I just threw in some humor in there sorry if you didn't like it.

Also sadly I'm not gonna spend all night searching all the data issues. Yet it's very important that someone (si games) do.

Fair play, thanks for your reply, I just didn't understand why it was mentioning players in the report who hadn't visually improved, as like I said it didn't used to do that. Cheers for clearing that up mate.

Can you shed any light on the 10-15 second delay im experiencing from clicking 'go to match...yes' and the match screen actually loading up? Was almost instant on FM10.

It's not immediate on my machine, but it doesn't take any longer than five seconds to get to the formations preview panel. I don't remember it being instant on FM 10 for me either. Anyone else experiencing a 10-15 second delay after submitting their team?

Just a though, although it probably has already been mentioned before, IRL Tottenham don't really have a reserve team at present opting to send players out on loan for league match experience rather than reserve game experience (friendlies are arranged when required for players who need match fitness). In the demo 'Spurs Reserves' have played 3 pre-season friendlies in July and nothing for the rest of the demo.

When left to the game, management of Spurs any players put into the reserves (in this case Sandro, Jamie O'Hara and Sebastien Bassong) will have very limited game time. The game should be arranging friendlies for the reserves every fortnight for example to keep these players fit.

Apart from this minor gripe about my beloved team I am loving this demo and probably really enjoying it for the first time since FM2007.

I'm just disappointed with this because realism is very important to me if I'm gonna buy this game and I'm sure it is to others as well. It has nothing to do with opinion because what I said was fact. Regarding the "cheap dig" I just threw in some humor in there sorry if you didn't like it.

Also sadly I'm not gonna spend all night searching all the data issues. Yet it's very important that someone (si games) do.

It is not fact, it is your opinion. Fact would be that a players DOB is incorrect or something like that.

If you are disappointed then you have an opportunity to point out these errors, provided that you go about it the right way and in the right place.

c0sW8.jpg

0Fl5p.jpg

whats your tactic?

Liverpool don't have Raheem Stearling in their U18 squad!! He's one of the main players for our U18s, and one of the best prospects at the club. I'm gutted he was seriously one of the main reasons I was looking forward to playing the game...

Where do you find the drop down menus in the tactics screen to assign playmakers and target men now?

I would usually never BUMP one of my posts but I really can't find something that is sooo crucial to my tactics from FM10 and its buggin the hell out of me. Anyone help?

l just had a good luck at this to see what players have been upgraded and downgraded kaka looks like hes had a big downgrade this year hes only valued at 11mil last year he was valued 33mil gerrard has higher value kaka

It's not fact that a player is worth at least 24m € when he was recently sold for 24m €? I guess that make sense... or not. Also this is a thread for first impressions on demo. My first impressions are player stats have not been looked into so I have been pointing that out.

Anyways I'm not gonna bother replying you anymore. Sorry! Bye

Hello,

GREAT GAME! Really, FM2010 was very good IMO, but for what i've seen FM2011 is tremounds.

One little thing i found delicious... the possibility to add some personal comments in the press conferences. I know that personal comments dont have any really effect in the game... but if we pull from our imagination... i believe the press conferences will be much more fun! WELL DONE SI.

Until now, i only see one little thing that needs to be tweaked... In the 3D view of the match, the players seem do "slide" a little bit. When viewing the game can't help thinking..."Wow... are they playing in a ice ringue?" Anyone notice this?

The "sliding effect" is more evident in the TV camera, perhapse because the players are bigger!

PS: sorry for the ****** english!

Just a small thing I was wizzing through the friendlies and full match speed and it set to only commentary

Im FM2010 you could read the text and it would flash goal etc at full speed however in the demo it doesnt do that it would just go through the minutes then all of a sudden a goalscorer would appear without even getting any notification a goal has been scored.

Are SI trying to move us away from using only commentary and push us towards the 3D view and a slower speed

**Edit**

Got it sorted

Only problem I've had is in Tv view of the match.. I have "TEAM ratings" and "Team Motivation" widgets opened and everytime I go to a match the "TEAM motivation" widget is placed on top of "TEAM ratings".. so I have to move it for every match.. very very annoying

Does the left split panel not change to Overview when there is no highlight showing?

Well, I use "full match" so the 3D engine is grinding for the whole 90 minutes. I use classic view tab to watch the game and when I want to check my stats I click on the split view tab, where I am expecting overview|stats.

From your question, I'm getting the feeling the settings assume I'm only using the game engine for key/goal highlights?

Added: on match controls, highlights are set to show in "classic view", not the split view.

Edit: In FM11, quick tactics is still enabled; even though I am using classic-mode tactics. So when I make a quick substitution, I have options to select player role and duty, both which are irrelevant for the classic mode tactics set up.

Ive been downloading since half 4 and im still only on 39%, its killing me! , Is this the same with everyone? I understand that alot of people will be downloading now aswell , but my mate only took half an hour after starting the same time as me! aaaaaah! cant wait! :)

c0sW8.jpg

0Fl5p.jpg

Plenty of League 2 manager's have been saying the same thing this season... oh i'm talking about real life by the way. ;)

6-4, 5-5, 7-0, 7-4, 4-2, 3-3, 5-4 ...etc.

Ive been downloading since half 4 and im still only on 39%, its killing me! , Is this the same with everyone? I understand that alot of people will be downloading now aswell , but my mate only took half an hour after starting the same time as me! aaaaaah! cant wait! :)

you mean through steam>?

took me about 10 minutes

Right been playing now for a couple of hours and my first impression is, yeah very nice (Kremmen's Metallic logo pack looks sweet with the skin). Loving the contract negotiations and press interaction, I've made enemies of both Roy Keane and SAF so far :). However the one thing I don't like or maybe not got use to is the new news screen. I seem to lose all the important messages in a sea of who's brought who and who won what. Saying that though on the whole well done SI great game as usual, and can't wait for bonfire night.

At the start of the game I generally create a simple tactic using the default roles/duties. The team settings are obviously altered, however I leave the individual player tweaks until after the first friendly. This was my basic set-up:

oOv2Z.jpg

As for player roles/duties, they are as follows:

Lee Camp - Goalkeeper/Defend

Ryan Bertrand - Full Back/Automatic

Kelvin Wilson - Central Defender/Defend

Wes Morgan - Central Defender/Defend

Chris Gunter - Full Back/Automatic

Guy Moussi - Defensive Midfielder/Defend

Paul McKenna - Ball Winning Midfielder/Support

Chris Cohen - Deep Lying Playmaker/Support

Radoslaw Majewski - Attacking Midfielder/Attack

Rob Earnshaw - Poacher/Attack

Dexter Blackstock - Advanced Forward/Attack

That's it really. I hadn't even set-up any set pieces yet.

Sorry for the off-topicness

Have you managed to reproduce this following the steps you've outlined?

I got this more than once, usually happens when right after you make a substitution one player of your team gets injured. This also triggers a bunch of other bugs too, like players disappearing off the tactics screen and so on.

Can't reproduce this here. Did you first access a goalkeeper's player screen?

Hi, this seems to be replicateable for me.

If I request a report card on someone, later when I receive the report I look at it by clicking on the button in the news report, I then click on the comparison tab, from now on only the goalkeeper stats will show instead of the technical stats.

gotta say i love the demo and is better then fm10. I was southamptom for a test and gotta say its weird to see there finances are secure yet burnley are rich. Love the new 3D match engine in this one and makes me want to keep it on. BTW has any one been in italy and if yes someone tell me how it is coz i am leaving it till full game :D

Archived