OFFICIAL FM2011 Demo First Impressions Thread

I've seen Shaun-Wright-Phillips out jump Cahill. Just because a player has better jumping and heading in the game doesn't mean he'll outjump and win every header in the match engine. Like real life other factors are taken into account.

Oh come on mate. We're talking about Tim Cahill.

His leap is his trademark. He regularly towers over defenders even with a size disadvantage.

It's like putting Cristiano Ronaldo's dribbling to 15. And then defending it by saying on the match engine, he wont always get tackled.

Having Tim Cahill's Jumping at 14 is clearly a mistake.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks cool so far. some players aren't changed very much but i suppose this was because data was locked. for example i would assume that people like Hernanes, Pastore, and Bale would be upped a bit in the first patch (usually not long after the full release, no? or is there a data update from demo to full release, i forget)

Higuain - wow. he got upped bigtime. which i agree with, he is becoming a top top striker, however 19 finishing i would disagree with bigtime. he scores because he gets so many nice chances. more like a 14 or 15 finishing really.

Firstly thank you for bring out the demo at all and really glad i snuck in a quick 30 mins before shut eye.

The game does look good and from the brief time I have been on it I can't wait to go back for more. Gotta find the next best wonderkid soon :p

• SI Staff
Oh come on mate. We're talking about Tim Cahill.

His leap is his trademark. He regularly towers over defenders even with a size disadvantage.

It's like putting Cristiano Ronaldo's dribbling to 15. And then defending it by saying on the match engine, he wont always get tackled.

Having Tim Cahill's Jumping at 14 is clearly a mistake.

If you think you've found a mistake with some data, then please post it in the data bugs section, and someone will look into it.

Not in the box, no.

Really? ur having a laugh right? bright white skins are the death of FM, due to the hours people play it none stop it really puts strain on my eyes especially, sitting there for 14 hours+ none stop needs a dark skin at release....seriously

Milan are obliged to buy - it's not an option.

Thanks.

Not in the box, no.

Thanks for clearing that up. Seems a strange move as the white hurts my eyes and I am not the only one!!! I would think it would have been a simple inclusion!! A bit disappointed!

I like it, doesnt seem THAT much different from last year in a strange way, even though it is.

Much easier to navigate.

Nicer graphics, like subs on/off etc.

Played one match, based on that, match engine looks good. Game finished 3-1 to my Newcastle team, all 4 goals different.

Players seems to be doing as they are told too - no consistantly stupid long range efforts which is rather nice.

Im going to bed now, will play it a few hours in the AM and get a better feel but it certainly feels the part thus far.

If you think you've found a mistake with some data, then please post it in the data bugs section, and someone will look into it.

well said Miles

Cahill is one of the best leapers for a ball in the game, he can out leap players like Crouch and Zigic at times

First impressions, pretty good. Really like the contract negotiations and talks with players, more realistic media interaction as well. Slightly disappointed with the lack of differences from 10 in the way of scouting and training, but I'm sure they are really improved underneath.

I feel I should mention that my best praise is reserved for the 3d, which is about 50 times better than in 10. I might actually use it now!

All in all it looks like a brilliant job by everyone at SI towers!

I'm off to bed. I've only hit one new feature and that is the agents. I'm not sure yet, some of the demands are ridiculous. I tried to buy Chellini with Man City and they wanted a £10.5m signing on fee (which I couldn't offer due to restrictions), a whooping £4.8m for the agent, as well as a £28m transfer fee and £175,000 a week. I don't know if this is realistic (is it?), but it will take some getting used to, it feels like it may annoy me.

This was one example Srna was similar and even Elia from HSV had stupid demands. What does eveyone else think of it?

EDIT: I love the new match engine. Looks and plays fantastic.

Thanks.

Thanks for clearing that up. Seems a strange move as the white hurts my eyes and I am not the only one!!! I would think it would have been a simple inclusion!! A bit disappointed!

The dark skin wasn't available 'out of the box' for FM 2010 either.

• Administrators
Any particular reason why I start as Sunderland and have a £0 budget yet other clubs are spending money willy nilly?

Because in real life they spent all their transfer budget on Gyan perhaps? ;)

Hi Adamkemp2001

Can you tell us a little about your system please. Have you updated your drivers recently? What Operating system are you using?

A few months back updated the system. Running xp (old I know). Updated directx just now and still crashing. Do you need comp spec? Graphics card spec?

First actual bug: Failed attempts to sign unattached players have come into my news as "<player> has rejected <club>'s offer of a new contract". Both of the ones I've had so far gave the reason "he has no interest in the position on offer". This doesn't make much sense.

Edit: Actually, one of the players wasn't unattached, I was trying to sign him on a Bosman.

The dark skin wasn't available 'out of the box' for FM 2010 either.

That's a shame, The first thing I tried to do is change it to the dark skin. The white does hurt my eyes, especially at 1am. :)

All looks smooth as silk, still wondering if I'll play in 3D view or my usual classic 2D choice. One thing that buggers me and I see you still didn't change that: the ball in 3D engine which I think haven't changed a bit since the 1st introduction of 3D matches. It looks and moves like table tennis match and not football game. I really hope you're gonna work on that in FM2k12.

I'm off to bed. I've only hit one new feature and that is the agents. I'm not sure yet, some of the demands are ridiculous. I tried to buy Chellini with Man City and they wanted a £10.5m signing on fee (which I couldn't offer due to restrictions), a whooping £4.8m for the agent, as well as a £28m transfer fee and £175,000 a week. I don't know if this is realistic (is it?), but it will take some getting used to, it feels like it may annoy me.

This was one example Srna was similar and even Elia from HSV had stupid demands. What does eveyone else think of it?

EDIT: I love the new match engine. Looks and plays fantastic.

Since you're Man City and have craploads of players at obscene wages already, any new ones are bound to try and take you for a serious ride. Their clubs and agents too.

First impression is i need a dark skin.

Same as 2010 the white is hard on my eyes and its hard to see the difference in the colours of players attributes. The Dark skin (or steam skin i think its called) was awesome in both these regards. Hope its in the full game :)

Second impression is (and i knew it was coming) that managing Liverpool is going to be a huge challenge, and the challenge on previous games was my Darlington saves :( ........may add Blackpool this year too :)

The stat isn't aerial reach, it's jumping. Are you telling me, that out of 20 marks, Tim Cahill's jumping ability is 14?

How does size of a person even relate to their ability to jump. Have you ever watched basketball?

Maybe a better example. Vidic is 6ft2" and has jumping 17. I've watched Tim Cahill out leap him live many times.

Jumping in FM has always been the maximum height a player can reach off the ground - height + jumping ability.

If you don't believe me do a search there are plenty of threads explaining it.

Archived