Neil Brock

OFFICIAL FM2011 Demo First Impressions Thread

1,765 posts in this topic

So, first impressions and thoughts. Please keep 'em here, we're very interested to hear what you think!

More than 50% done.

Just gonna catch some Z's and leave it till tomorrow methinks :D

looks good havnt played it yet because my comp is being very slow tonight but cant wait

46% on mine, ill wait check out a few players then go to bed myself.

Yeah, I was planning on a few hours but I think a quick glance and bed. I'm too tired. :)

Alas, bed calls, but tomorrow evening I shall be frittering away a few hours. Assuming it downloads, but only morning will confirm that. Simply can't wait though!

Nice thread :)

I won`t be trying the demo myself, so it is fun to read what others think of the game.

Looking forward to 5th november.

meh sleep in college is appealing at the moment , hello all night fm 11 sesh ;)

Tim Cahill has Jumping - 14 on the game.

I'm sorry, what?! Who made that decision?!

3229a3ff75b94f4991ab862f96f9e626.jpg

Media prediction for Newcastle 18th? Oh dear haha..

No dark skin!!! Great! :rolleyes:

CAN i ASK WHY THERE IS ONLY A DEFAULT SKIN PLEASE?

he has flubber on his shoes in that scene. it doesnt count.

New jumping guidelines...

Least Ben Arfa isn't injured. Ah well off to play it now. Happy trails people!

Yeah Jumping very much takes in account a players height. Cahill's jumping is likely as high as it can get for a player of his height.

Cahill can climb higher than most players regardless of his height.

One month in and getting used to the interface.

Am I missing a single click button to go to the squad screen? Can't find it and it's really bugging me.

Really loving the board requests - seems much more involved and the conversation style is a winner!

Yeah Jumping very much takes in account a players height. Cahill's jumping is likely as high as it can get for a player of his height.

I'm sorry mate but that's seriously idiotic.

So you're saying there is a limit to how high a person can jump dependant on height?

Really?

So you're saying there is a limit to how high a person can jump dependant on height?

Really?

It is not idiotic, it is logical.

No it isn't, how do you prove there is a correlation between height and jumping capacity? Lol.

In reality it's not so much 'jumping' as it is 'aerial reach'. Zigic wouldn't even need to jump at all to be higher than the maximum Cahill could. It's not idiotic at all, as Andy Clarke said, it's perfectly logical.

Really?

That isn't what he's saying at all. He's saying that 'jumping' actually means the height a player can reach through the combination of their leap and their actual height. So you will see short people with a great leap getting similar ratings to very tall players without a great leap. Cahill has a terrific leap but because of his height, he's still not going to be able outjump some who's 6'4/6'5 with a good leap of their own.

Everything looking good so far, one thing I noticed is that nothing came up on the "board request status" after I had a couple of requests granted, I feel like something should appear there even if the wheels haven't been put in motion yet.

Everything looking good so far, one thing I noticed is that nothing came up on the "board request status" after I had a couple of requests granted, I feel like something should appear there even if the wheels haven't been put in motion yet.

Have you continued a day? Does it show up then?

love the boardroom interaction, love the agents interaction i've dealt with so far

even had 1 agent for ramon nunez (leeds utd) demand he has a high fee for him to sign ffs :D

love it - hate light skin but that can wait

Looking polished as ever, Newcastle looking good as always ;)

I love when in TV match screen when you hover over the ball u can actually see who scored the goal! always did find it annoying in 2010.

TV camera is W O N D E R F U L L

One further thing: the 'conversation' is a bit weird if you use the option to talk to the press about a player and then decide not to say anything.

In reality it's not so much 'jumping' as it is 'aerial reach'. Zigic wouldn't even need to jump at all to be higher than the maximum Cahill could. It's not idiotic at all, as Andy Clarke said, it's perfectly logical.

The stat isn't aerial reach, it's jumping. Are you telling me, that out of 20 marks, Tim Cahill's jumping ability is 14?

How does size of a person even relate to their ability to jump. Have you ever watched basketball?

Maybe a better example. Vidic is 6ft2" and has jumping 17. I've watched Tim Cahill out leap him live many times.

Looking polished as ever, Newcastle looking good as always ;)

I blame Brock for that, was you feeding the Newcastle researcher again?

That isn't what he's saying at all. He's saying that 'jumping' actually means the height a player can reach through the combination of their leap and their actual height. So you will see short people with a great leap getting similar ratings to very tall players without a great leap. Cahill has a terrific leap but because of his height, he's still not going to be able outjump some who's 6'4/6'5 with a good leap of their own.

I've seen Cahill out jump Christopher Samba.

Go figure.

Have you continued a day? Does it show up then?

No but I'm sure it will. I understand it might not be practical but it would be nice to see something pop up there straight away if it was.

Amazing.

Thats all I have to say.

edit: I lied, its not all I have to say. I love the contracts now. The match prep. Watching the match and so much more

Can someone from SI comment why there is no dark skin please? And will there be one in the full game? Thanks.

I've seen Cahill out jump Christopher Samba.

Go figure.

I've seen Shaun-Wright-Phillips out jump Cahill. Just because a player has better jumping and heading in the game doesn't mean he'll outjump and win every header in the match engine. Like real life other factors are taken into account.

Can someone from SI comment why there is no dark skin please? And will there be one in the full game? Thanks.

I'm not from SI, but I believe I'm right in saying there will be. It's a demo, relax.

My first impression is: YAY! IT'S FINALLY OUT! This gives me a full day of awesomeness before I have to get back to work :)

30% done right now. Can't wait!

I've seen Shaun-Wright-Phillips out jump Cahill. Just because a player has better jumping and heading in the game doesn't mean he'll outjump and win every header in the match engine. Like real life other factors are taken into account.

Its better than the 'I've seen a dog try and poo in my front room, just because its happened before doesn't mean it'll happen again' analogy I was thinking of.

There is no dark skin or any additional skin to reduce the demo size as much as possible.

Damn, people get a free demo and still find a reason to complain about.

I'm not from SI, but I believe I'm right in saying there will be. It's a demo, relax.

Its just both options were in last years demo.

Also it says Zlatan will move to Milan in the summer from Barcelona. I understood that it was an option to buy and that Milan had not decided yet?

Its just both options were in last years demo.

Also it says Zlatan will move to Milan in the summer from Barcelona. I understood that it was an option to buy and that Milan had not decided yet?

Milan are obliged to buy - it's not an option.

Hmmm i don't really like the new way the positions are shown... :( all those ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) makes it messy....