Marc Duffy

Digital downloads now available (PC & Mac WSM and Fútbol Manager)

474 posts in this topic

Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Duffy:

Links on the first page updated. Boonty and Direct2Drive are for PC

Mac WWSM still uploading (about 40% now)

simple extrapolation says about an hour and forty minutes left.

got any good stories, Marc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did I ever tell you about the Managing Director with a really really hairy back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, Neil D is going to be your host through the next hour or so as we wait for take off. He's got the FTP info and is pressing F5 about as much as you guys are pressing it here.

I've sadly got to get to bed, to get up for an early office meeting and then the Goldeeeeen Joystick awards.

Good luck Mac friends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hour and half is the best guess huh. Man this uploading thing is painfully slow in this age of lap top supercomputers. An hour and a half to suffer whether starting unemployed or taking a MLS team to international glory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know, it's painful. The upload speeds are poor ... good for you on the download speeds... icon_smile.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to hear that the game works on the best operating system available in Leopard!

What do you guys think of Leopard? Is Time Machine the most ingenious feature ever? I can't wait to install it tomorrow!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Marc....for the updates.

Marc...you are Messiah....

Believe me you are not the only one F5ing every 5 seconds icon_biggrin.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goodnight Marc, get some much needed rest. Hello Neil now we can pester you with senseless neurotic questions until we get a link.

So under an hour you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't tried Leopard yet, I'm still on Tiger, but a few of the lads have been using it on their test machines.

Talking of which, we got a new Mac Monster yesterday. Core 2 Duo and everything with a cool 8GB RAM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I had to buy a laptop but I got the meatiest one I could, I want to run the entire football world. For that I suppose I would need a heavy duty desktop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Neil Dejyothin:

I haven't tried Leopard yet, I'm still on Tiger, but a few of the lads have been using it on their test machines.

Talking of which, we got a new Mac Monster yesterday. Core 2 Duo and everything with a cool 8GB RAM.

Very nice. I have a monster MBP with 2.33 Ghz C2D and 3 GB of RAM. 256 MB Graphics Card too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the previous numbers I am calculating another half hour. I have no idea if this is a fair calculation but for us tired and desperate thread reloaders it gives us some hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're over 50% now, but as Duffy said before, sleep is for losers, yet he's gone to bed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought WWSM with the download, haven't been able to actually download the game. The icon that says "Download Worldwide ..." first produces a Windows message that says "Tiny Downloader" has encountered an error; on subsequent attempts it produces nothing. I have an order ID. I tried downloading a second copy of the setup program, but it didn't change anything. Boonty tells me maybe the server was down and I should try again ... which I just did.

Anybody else having these kinds of problems? Should I uninstall everything and start over, or will that cost me one of my two installations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that I'll get to download and install at a leisurely pace while watching 30 Rock, The Office, and Scrubs tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have been trying to download Futbol Manager from Boonty since yesterday, but keep getting the (common to many users on this forum) message that the transaction has failed. Boonty support replied to say that my bank turned down the transaction, but my bank haven't done anything. So, I eagerly awaited Direct to Drive, who have futbol manager available for download, albeit only for people in South America. However my order gets blocked because of country location restrictions. Presumably those retrictions are because I am in South America. I've checked my IP address, and it is correctly locating where I am. This is kind of like the episode of a certain programme (that may not have been shown yet so I won't give a spoiler) where a character's love for a woman is killed off when she deliberately makes herself smell before having sex with him badly. This is how I am beginning to feel about Football Manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by vikeologist:

Have been trying to download Futbol Manager from Boonty since yesterday, but keep getting the (common to many users on this forum) message that the transaction has failed. Boonty support replied to say that my bank turned down the transaction, but my bank haven't done anything. So, I eagerly awaited Direct to Drive, who have futbol manager available for download, albeit only for people in South America. However my order gets blocked because of country location restrictions. Presumably those retrictions are because I am in South America. I've checked my IP address, and it is correctly locating where I am. This is kind of like the episode of a certain programme (that may not have been shown yet so I won't give a spoiler) where a character's love for a woman is killed off when she deliberately makes herself smell before having sex with him badly. This is how I am beginning to feel about Football Manager.

I'm sorry to hear that and it's unusual, because Fútbol Manager should only be available to your territory.

I've fired off an email to the guys over at Direct2Drive, so if they come back to me I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neil how did you get stuck with this shift? Gotta keep asking you questions lest you slip off into a deep sleep and leave us here to get increasingly anxious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

Neil, may I ask for an update?

75%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by OneEyedJack:

Neil how did you get stuck with this shift? Gotta keep asking you questions lest you slip off into a deep sleep and leave us here to get increasingly anxious

It's okay. I work 24 hours, 7 days a week. Remember, sleep is for losers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by vikeologist:

Have been trying to download Futbol Manager from Boonty since yesterday, but keep getting the (common to many users on this forum) message that the transaction has failed. Boonty support replied to say that my bank turned down the transaction, but my bank haven't done anything. So, I eagerly awaited Direct to Drive, who have futbol manager available for download, albeit only for people in South America. However my order gets blocked because of country location restrictions. Presumably those retrictions are because I am in South America. I've checked my IP address, and it is correctly locating where I am. This is kind of like the episode of a certain programme (that may not have been shown yet so I won't give a spoiler) where a character's love for a woman is killed off when she deliberately makes herself smell before having sex with him badly. This is how I am beginning to feel about Football Manager.

Guess what, Direct2Drive have fixed this for you now. Go get it quick! icon_smile.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the_dave maybe less than that the percentages are picking up steam here. Oh to see it get to single digits and trickle towards sweet linking and then the downloading countdown begins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by old fat bald guy:

Bought WWSM with the download, haven't been able to actually download the game. The icon that says "Download Worldwide ..." first produces a Windows message that says "Tiny Downloader" has encountered an error; on subsequent attempts it produces nothing. I have an order ID. I tried downloading a second copy of the setup program, but it didn't change anything. Boonty tells me maybe the server was down and I should try again ... which I just did.

Anybody else having these kinds of problems? Should I uninstall everything and start over, or will that cost me one of my two installations?

Guess I'm the only PC person here because everybody else is playing already. Hello? icon_biggrin.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Old fat bald guy, must be frustrating to be having these problems. After waiting all this time I think I might go a little nuts if I have problems with the downlaod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little bit frustrating, yes. I'd love to get an answer about whether I can just delete what I have and try again with my order ID number. Just emailed Boonty with that, too. Evidently it's a busy day for them. icon_biggrin.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious to see what the next update is. SI seems to be using a new company for this download, I hope all goes well once this is uploaded. I guess we will be the guinea pigs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by atlgunner:

Hate to be a thorn, but could I bother for an update? Thanks!

We're in the home straight now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do hope that was the proper use of the exclamation mark. As in ready in the next few minutes??!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

just a few words from a Mac-female-user (am I the only woman here?)

First of all, thanks a lot to Mike and Neil who are losing their time with us poor addicted...

And a question: would it be thinkable in the future to have the possibility to specify the player's gender, and maybe to have the pronouns, etc, changing accordingly?

Take care guys (and girls),

S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oakland you would happen to live in Oakland, because that is where I am sitting and suffering. Seems like a good idea to have gender specific wording, first female I know who plays this game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Oakland:

Hi guys,

just a few words from a Mac-female-user (am I the only woman here?)

First of all, thanks a lot to Mike and Neil who are losing their time with us poor addicted...

And a question: would it be thinkable in the future to have the possibility to specify the player's gender, and maybe to have the pronouns, etc, changing accordingly?

Take care guys (and girls),

S.

No Oakland your not the only woman in here, I am a woman myself so there are two of us..I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.