Tactics test during holiday. Resuts

Hello, I've tested some tactics, in holiday mode, with Getafe, with help of FMRTE I've set all player's age to 25, attributes to 14, froze them, and made them natural in all positions.

Went holiday during the whole session, stopping at the end of the season.

Here are results I've got so far.

Name of the tactic - Spanish Cup position - Spanish League position - Points/Goals for/Goals Against (referred to league)

dave byrd 41212 - qtr rnd - 2nd - P84F58A25

433 Corinthians - semis - 5th - P74F81A41

451 modern - 4th rnd - 3rd - P74F52A26

LATEST KNAP - 5th rnd - 4th - P72F68A43

hough10.3betawizard - final - 4th - P71F57A32

houghv2wizardbestversion - qtr rnd - 3rd - P68F61A40

Assistant Manager with 20 in all attributes - qtr rnd - 5th - P66F53A47

goalsstorm final - semis - 5th - P64F56A38

MrHoughWingerSithAA - 4th rnd - 4th - P64F63A51

AVD MOD- qtr rnd - 5th - P60F65A42

teamknap - semis - 7th - P58F75A53

John Cro 41212ver1 - 4th rnd - 8th - P58F44A34

424 disruption - qtr rnd - 9th - P55F54A57

David Villa Deep 4231 - 5th rnd - 9th - P55F60A51

strangelove - qtr rnd - 9th - P53F57A42

John Cro 433ver3 - 4th rnd - 10th - P53F62A43

thebesttactic - 4th rnd - 8th - P53F50A52

arsenal(sep2016) - qtr rnd - 8th - P52F44A51

dave byrd 4132 - qtr rnd - 10th - P51F38A36

goalstormv3 - 5th rnd - 9th - P50F41A47

latest442mrhoughcrewe - 5th rnd - 12th - P47F50A51

domination dazbowki - 5th rnd - 12th - P47F43A52

hough10.3classic - 4th rnd - 11th - P46F41A42

arsenal433 - 5th rnd - 14th - P43F48A61

4231 Special OneTop - 4th rnd - 14th - P41F46A66

dekap - 4th rnd - 17th - P36F45A64

some of those tactics aren't well named, but all of them were taken from this forum

Of course, injuries may have affected the team during the season, but I don't think there is any thing I can do about it during testing, with FMRTE, if someone does know something please post it here.

Tactics results may not be the same as if you are managing the team, surely, but this is only a test, I might run more tests later, when there is time.

Any suggestion of a better testing scenario is welcome

By the way, I'm updating this thread whenever I test a new tactic

Was injury proneness and consistency set to 14 also? As a suggestion give it a try with consistency 20 and injury proneness 1 , and all the hidden attributes the positive ones set to 20 and the negative ones to 1, to see how tactics perform under ideal conditions and then maybe some not so ideal conditions.

yes, they were also set to 14,everything, except eccentricity, that was 1, by mistake, but when I noticed more than 10 tactics were tested already. But yes, setting injury proneness to 1 may help, also with consistency

Anyway I think injury proneness wouldnt be so bad after all, as all 21 players could play in all positions

The tactic may be good, but if a player that played for half a season on MR let's say would get injured and he would be substituted be a player that played under 5 matches that season, even if they all have the same attributes, the morale,match experience and fitness would be different.It would be nice if exactly the same players would play for the entire season.

Also do the fixtures remained the same throughout all of the seasons?

The tactic may be good, but if a player that played for half a season on MR let's say would get injured and he would be substituted be a player that played under 5 matches that season, even if they all have the same attributes, the morale,match experience and fitness would be different.It would be nice if exactly the same players would play for the entire season.

Also do the fixtures remained the same throughout all of the seasons?

yes, I used a base save game,everything is the same for all saves. But you're right, when I do a little more saves I will start doing that thing you said

Congratulations on the effort. I am however slightly sceptical about the attributes: some tactics heavily rely on 1 - 2 key players having a very specific set of attributes, while others much less so. It might be an idea to limit the quality of your team by setting a "budget" for overall team market value and perhaps individual market values as well, or an overall budget for attributes. It would obviously introduce an element of subjectivity to your tests, but it is at least worth considering if the potential benefits might outweight the risks.

yes, true Elhan, there aren't any really good attributes on players, but I tought 14 was an ok, not so bad value to test, once I test a bit more other tactics in the current test I might consider putting a higher value for some key attributes

Congratulations on the effort. I am however slightly sceptical about the attributes: some tactics heavily rely on 1 - 2 key players having a very specific set of attributes, while others much less so. It might be an idea to limit the quality of your team by setting a "budget" for overall team market value and perhaps individual market values as well, or an overall budget for attributes. It would obviously introduce an element of subjectivity to your tests, but it is at least worth considering if the potential benefits might outweight the risks.

add to that how much footing can impact on how wide play works in a particular tactic...

I wonder how many of the tactics are taken from my original tactics, 3 That i can see so far.

I'd like to see how my tactics do in this Holiday Test

I'm doing tests with your original tactics later Mr Hough, no tweaks at all

This is good work Jesseh. Would like to see you do this for FM11 when the full version is out. This is a very good method to test a tactic.

Re: Attributes - To test how applicable a tactic would be for any team, it makes sense to make every player on the team average. I wonder what the results would be if say you only set the technical attributes to 14 but left the mental and physical as they were? Theoretically mentality is not something that can easily be developed by training...

I'm currently in the process of doing this on the fm2011 demo.

I've set every Sunderland player to have 14s for everything, except for the following:

Consistency - 20

Injury Proneness - 1

Dirtiness - 1

Controversy - 1

I'm going to go on holiday for the 6 months of the demo with the team set to play using the default tactics, and I will start a new thread once I have a decent number done, and hopefully people can get a good idea of which formation shapes work well.

That is a great idea, thanks.

If you were talking to me, thanks, if you were talking to the op, i hate you :p

Anyway, one more little update on mine. The version of FMRTE I've been using is in an early beta stage and isn't working perfectly. Despite setting all players to have 14 for virtually everything, it seems to have actually given them all 11s or 12s across the board, so it will be even more of a challenge for the tactics, but thats a good thing in my opinion.

Getting through the tactics at a decent pace so hopefully will have a list up later this evening.

Archived