Football Manager 2011 demo information

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seagull84, my comments were not specfically directed at yourself. You are enquiring as to why you can't use steam in South Korea which therefore means you get the demo on Friday. Others can use steam but choose not to, and then grumble about it!

I do see your point about the addiction, though. Murder isn't it! :-)

I think it should, I know you can't use a db on the demo, and why the capital letters? I can read. Read my post, it would make sense for the editor to be included. I know most players want to play the game, but if one of the main aims of the demo is to find bugs for SI (because this type of game will have them) then why should the case not be the same for the editor? It is a feature after all.

Sorry, I didn't mean to shout. Was just trying to help by saying the Editor doesn't comes with the Demo.

Miles or Sega, or anybody....

Please answer this question, A couple of times i've had near answers!

Miles said he would ask a Sega guy about why I can't use STEAM in South Korea, and MAtt- Sega said he would check and get back to me, this was weeks ago. I just want to know if I'll be able to get the demo on Thursday or not....

p.s the new game looks absolutely brilliant.

Looking into it - the honest answer is, I don't know, and haven't been able to find anyone in Japan yet who does. Sorry - it's on the list!

I think the Football Manager franchise is at the stage where they don't need to release the demo in order to attract new customers. The current core group of players is large enough for them to make a lot of money. Obviously they would want to appeal to more. But from who I know plays FM, it's been the same people for the past 3/4 years. There may be the odd one that got FM10 on reccomendation but really, those that play it already need no more convincing to buy it.

I think the Football Manager franchise is at the stage where they don't need to release the demo in order to attract new customers. The current core group of players is large enough for them to make a lot of money. Obviously they would want to appeal to more. But from who I know plays FM, it's been the same people for the past 3/4 years. There may be the odd one that got FM10 on reccomendation but really, those that play it already need no more convincing to buy it.

Trust me, there is a massive untapped market out there. Maybe not in the UK, continental Europe, or other developed football nations, but certainly in America and Australia. Giving that market a taste of this game can only be good business.

Looking into it - the honest answer is, I don't know, and haven't been able to find anyone in Japan yet who does. Sorry - it's on the list!

OK mate, cheers. I appreciate it.

Was just hoping that with the big news / sticky, that was announced a few months back regarding a partnership in South Korea it would be easier to get hold of the game this year

Just read the OP!

The Strawberry version of the demo is available on Steam ONLY on Thursday. The Strawberry and Vanilla version will be available via torrent, direct download and a link to these on this forum on Friday.

What's the difference between Strawberry and Strawberry & Vanilla?

What's the difference between Strawberry and Strawberry & Vanilla?

Your joking right :confused:

They are two different versions. One is called Strawberry and one is called Vanilla.

The Strawberry demo contains more leagues and graphics and is usually aroung 1gb in size. The Vanilla demo only contains a couple of leagues (England and Scotland I think) and contains no graphics and is usually around 250mb in size.

This is all in the OP

The Demo version is exactly the same as the full game, other than the fact you can only play 6 months. Any demo game's you have saved will appear under the load game option when you play the full game. The only problem with continuing your save is that only 1 country is loaded, so you won't have as many players to choose from, which is why I'll just start a new game when I buy it.

how does the whole demo save to fullgame work? surely the demo has some missing features or is incomplete compared to full version?

Now the game has gone Gold what is the situation regards activation etc, personally I hope it is the same as last year and it does n't need activating as I am more than happy having to have the disc in my drive.

Its like last year AFAIK

See, I liked 2009 as my drive was then free for whatever I wanted - I know I could download but I don't like to as I prefer having the hard copy (be it DVD's, CD's etc etc).

You can install the disc and still use steam.

Miles and the guys have worked hard on this game all year and all you guys can do is bitch about how steam get it first. I am one of the many that steam ****ed over on FM09. But I am taking the word of Miles and giving them another chance. If you don't want to do that, and fair enough, it's your choice, then you can wait an extra 24-48 hours for it. It's not that big a deal. I personally find the way you're attacking the choices of a man who has provided you with hours upon hours of entertainment with this completely amazing game absolutely disgusting. If he wants to release it over Steam first, he can. If he wants to release it a whole week before the torrent on steam, he can. If he doesn't want to release a demo, it's completely his prerogative. So shut up, wait for the Demo, and stop acting like spoilt little children whose sibling got the toy they wanted in a happy meal!

....and who WE have provided with lots n lots of cash!

JT

....and who WE have provided with lots n lots of cash!

JT

No, you provide the retailer with Cash. The Retailer provides SI with money. And SI provides Miles. He only gets a fraction of what you pay.

And even so. You pay for the game, not the DEMO which he doesn't have to release.

too right Matt, I'm just being patient now and waiting for the demo to be out a midnight tomorrow (I hope). I just want to say thanks to Miles, The SI Team and you Matt for keeping us all informed. I say congratulations for getting the game out to us, however long we have to wait

You can install the disc and still use steam.

Yes, but Steam makes you download it first, even when you have installed from the DVD.......

Atleast for me it did, no matter what I tried....Steam always downloads it because it has its own directory on your drive.

I just wanted access to the achievements....which are really crap anyways to be honest.

Ill still probably Steam it, but I will buy the DVD, I just dont know why Steam can't detect that its installed already when you first install from the DVD.

Yes, but Steam makes you download it first, even when you have installed from the DVD.......

Atleast for me it did, no matter what I tried....Steam always downloads it because it has its own directory on your drive.

I just wanted access to the achievements....which are really crap anyways to be honest.

Ill still probably Steam it, but I will buy the DVD, I just dont know why Steam can't detect that its installed already when you first install from the DVD.

You install via steam, and it with install it from the disc onto Steam. Then it will download all the necessary patches.

You install via steam, and it with install it from the disc onto Steam. Then it will download all the necessary patches.

You mean just use the DVD key to get it from Steam first, then install from the DVD?

Hmmm, it will already be installed from Steam.....so you would not need the DVD. So I am thinking you just meant, use the DVD key to download from Steam, and keep the DVD in a safe place right?

I may have missed something here, but um, hows Rooney gonna be feeling on the official game release on the 5th?? I'm guessing looking for a new club?? I get its VERY close to the demo release so might not have been changed but for the official release will i be dealing with an unhappy star!!??

Never had any issues with Steam so looking forward to giving the game a go on Thursday.

Still not sure whether I'll get the full game yet. Since FM2007 I've promised the wife that each year will be my last. At 34 I should probably give it up.

However, like beer and chips it just tastes too good!

Guest roberto922

Sign up to steam, download the steam client/program, log in on the program with your steam account, after the demo is up midnight tomorrow search for Football Manager 2011 demo in the in program search and download it.

Hi Miles,

Just realised I should probably have posted in here. I live in Japan and my question is this: last year when I tried to use steam to download FM10, I was told it is not available in my region. This year I've seen it written that it is a 'worldwide release' on steam - any ideas if Japan will be included?

Looking forward for the demo but a bit disappointed that SI are once again giving a preference to steam. And for all those who are shouting down the "anti steam brigade", well SI are not making any philanthropic gesture by releasing the demo. It is called good business sense which reading some of the comments, some people sorely lack

No, you provide the retailer with Cash. The Retailer provides SI with money. And SI provides Miles. He only gets a fraction of what you pay.

And even so. You pay for the game, not the DEMO which he doesn't have to release.

Well, the retailer gives SI money from the cash that we gave to him and SI gives Miles money from the cash that it received from the retailers who in turn received money from us...so yes, Miles does indeed gets the money from us. and as i said above, releasing a demo is good business sense because new customers decide to play the game only after trying out the demo..

I would have thought it obvious why some people are against Steam - it's a background app that seems to slow your system down, is prone to crashes and if something goes wrong you can't play your games. Whereas a DVD of your game, safely in its case or your DVD-ROM drive is reliable, constant and "real".

It's the same concept as people going square eyed reading books on things like the iPad, when they could just, you know, read the book. It's fine when it's an option, but imagine the uproar if everyone was made to read books electronically? This is the problem - it appears that SI are slowly but surely pushing people onto Steam. It's a matter of time before an FM is released on Steam a month or so before it's available in stores the way things are going.

sorry boys, im young need some help, how do i get the demo on thrusday.. do i have to sign up from steam? If so then what?

See what I mean? The only real reason I can imagine this demo being released a day early on Steam is to wheelbarrow people onto Steam so that they just "download it because it seems the way SI want me to do it".

1. Close Steam (File > Exit).

2. Go to the Start button and select Run (XP), type Run in the Search box and choose Run from the list (Vista) or press windows+R together (7 and probably the older versions too).

3. In the Run window type:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E:

Replace E: with the CD/DVD drive you are installing from if is not correct.

Replace C:\Program Files\Steam if your Steam installation is not in the default location.

4. Press OK. Your installation should continue from the disc.

Archived