Football Manager 2011 demo information

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Si are being sensible because Steam does do a better job of sharing out, meaning you don't get the days like 2005 where the forum and site would crash thanks to the amount of people. Give it a go, you say it would blow but I have played on worse, believe me. My laptop was an old steaming crapfest last year and I ran the full game fine on steam on a train to Devon!!! Give it a go, take your mind off the funeral and have fun, you might just find faith in steam again and see SI are just saving the stress of "oh damn the forum is crashing, I want this download so much"!!!

(And strangely, I have a funeral same day, so will be thinking of you because of that!)

Well I actually think torrent is a brilliant way to share files (direct download however is ancient and slow), and the demo will be all over the net in a matter of moments so the sharing just becomes easier and easier by the hour. I always get max speed through that system. Don't have Steam and have no desire to have it either, and no it's not cause I've had problems with them I just don't have any use of it. That said, I'm not at all fussed about waiting another day to grab it via torrent. There are other things to keep me occupied on a thursday. ;)

ive already preodered the box version and so does this mean i have to wait till friday as ive never used steam before. dont even know the address of the website so i guess il have to wait tll friday or can i use steam to dl the demo thursday even thio im not signed up for it

I've had one or two minor issues with steam, but on the whole I think its a good thing, I live in a place where I just can't go out and buy a game on a whim, so ebay or steam are the usual options for me. Also steam has some very good deals. All of the COH games for a fiver once, absolute bargain. While I can see that people wont touch it for whatever reason, give it a go fellas (and gals).

As for the demo, this is the first time I've really looked forward to it.

Wicked News! Bit out of the loop here........Which is the better demo, Vanilla or Strawberry!!??

And i've not played FM since April as been out of the country......do i dare start up a cheeky game on 09 or just hold on till Thurs/Fri!!??

@lfc7 Are you meaning the fm 11 demo? I can see the pre order for the game but not the demo if thats what you mean? They still have the fm 10 demo available for download which is weird, I guess they will take that down soon I guess.

Si are being sensible because Steam does do a better job of sharing out, meaning you don't get the days like 2005 where the forum and site would crash thanks to the amount of people. Give it a go, you say it would blow but I have played on worse, believe me. My laptop was an old steaming crapfest last year and I ran the full game fine on steam on a train to Devon!!! Give it a go, take your mind off the funeral and have fun, you might just find faith in steam again and see SI are just saving the stress of "oh damn the forum is crashing, I want this download so much"!!!

(And strangely, I have a funeral same day, so will be thinking of you because of that!)

As somebody as already said, how hard would it be to set up a torrent download on the Thursday also? I bet the majority of people would download via Steam or Torrent anyway so that would leave the website clear.

I probably will give Steam a go, just for the Demo. I'll be buying the DVD on release. Will I need to be connected to the net constantly while im playing the demo as that would be a problem on the train. If there is an offline mode like the full game then that would be ok i suppose. Any help would be great?

excellent news ... not only realized something ... I'm new in these things to play the demo, I have always preferred to start with the full game, what is the difference between draw the game by STEAM, or another site / program??

As somebody as already said, how hard would it be to set up a torrent download on the Thursday also? I bet the majority of people would download via Steam or Torrent anyway so that would leave the website clear.

I probably will give Steam a go, just for the Demo. I'll be buying the DVD on release. Will I need to be connected to the net constantly while im playing the demo as that would be a problem on the train. If there is an offline mode like the full game then that would be ok i suppose. Any help would be great?

It would be hard, or we'd be doing it.

You need the net connection to download and install Steam's client (it's tiny) and to download the demo (that will be bigger). After that, you run Steam once, set it to "Offline mode", and never need to use it online again - so no issues on trains etc.

Simples.

You need the net connection to download and install Steam's client (it's tiny) and to download the demo (that will be bigger). After that, you run Steam once, set it to "Offline mode", and never need to use it online again - so no issues on trains etc.

Simples.

Ok thanks for that. Certainly makes things a lot easier then. I'll begrudgingly install steam and get it otherwise I wouldnt be able to get it until Saturday :D

Simples.

Hi could you help in the op miles said "I would advise that if you’re looking to grab it quickly, that you download the Steam client in advance, which is available at www.steampowered.com, and then you’ll be just a couple of button clicks away from being able to grab it."

Now ive gone on to my steam account and can only find the full game to buy nothing to do with the demo

Any ideas what i need to do to download the steam client in advance? thanks

Hi could you help in the op miles said "I would advise that if you’re looking to grab it quickly, that you download the Steam client in advance, which is available at www.steampowered.com, and then you’ll be just a couple of button clicks away from being able to grab it."

Now ive gone on to my steam account and can only find the full game to buy nothing to do with the demo

Any ideas what i need to do to download the steam client in advance? thanks

If you've gone onto your Steam account you already have the Steam Client on your PC don't you.

Now you wait for the demo to be made available which will be Thursday as Miles said in the OP.

If you've gone onto your Steam account you already have the Steam Client on your PC don't you.

Now you wait for the demo to be made available which will be Thursday as Miles said in the OP.

Thanks didnt know what he meant i thought he meant you had to download something off steam once again thanks

Yea, what's the difference between them uploading the strawberry demo to steam and them uploading it via torrent or direct download? Surely the strawberry demo is the strawberry demo? Or are the steam and torrent/direct download versions totally different?

Not really bothered, I don't mind installing Steam for a few days, just wondering.

Whats so hard with uploading the torrent on thursday. Looks like STEAM is paying you for that. :p

`At the end of the day, these things like having one of the demos released on Thursday instead of both on Friday are the type of things one needs to remember when it comes to being patient because of a setup error or something happening on release date. I for one really appreciate the effort to give a little early gift to the FM community. Thanks guys!

Archived