Sports Interactive Community
Neji

FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

BSOD. Came up with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.

I presume he has the same bsod error, if he doesn't, it still can be the ram.

Its the bold one.

@ footy

I read up just now and this seems some random kind of error. Some report sucess with change of RAM, graphic card, sound card and heat.

Does it occur when you watch a movie.

Its the bold one.

@ footy

I read up just now and this seems some random kind of error. Some report sucess with change of RAM, graphic card, sound card and heat.

Does it occur when you watch a movie.

Nope Ishu only when I start a match with 3D on FM...very strange...Do you think I need a new graphics card even though it's meant to work?...

Processor: Pentium ® Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.0GHz

RAM: 3GB

System type: 32 bit W7

What are the most amount of players+leagues I could reasonably pull off with this?

Nope Ishu only when I start a match with 3D on FM...very strange...Do you think I need a new graphics card even though it's meant to work?...

No.

Try going to an older version of the graphic card driver.

Processor: Pentium ® Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.0GHz

RAM: 3GB

System type: 32 bit W7

What are the most amount of players+leagues I could reasonably pull off with this?

20 to 30 leagues 60k players

20 to 30 leagues 60k players

Thanks for the reply! More than I expected tbh, looks like I will get to load up all the major leagues then :)

No.

Try going to an older version of the graphic card driver.

Sorry mate but may I ask how you do that?...Sorry again as I said fixing computers isn't my thing...

Sorry mate but may I ask how you do that?...Sorry again as I said fixing computers isn't my thing...

Google or Roll back driver. Or try using system restore.

Just about to buy a new laptop, considering this one in particular, these are the specs:

Windows Home Premium 64-Bit

Intel Core i7 Mobile Processor i7-640m (2.80ghz) 4MB cache

8GB Samsung 1333Mhz Sodimm DDR3 Memory (2 x 4GB)

ATI Mobilty Radeon HD 5650 1GB DDR3 Video Ram- Direct X 11

500GB Scorpio Black SATA 3GB/S 16MB Cache (7200RPM)

How many leagues would I be able to run at a fast speed on this, and I assume the graphics card is able to run FM at a high level?

Just about to buy a new laptop, considering this one in particular, these are the specs:

How many leagues would I be able to run at a fast speed on this, and I assume the graphics card is able to run FM at a high level?

can i ask where you got these specs from? i.e what site?

All leagues and 3D on high :rolleyes:

Ishu, the mobo you suggested, would it run the AMD 6 core? Is a 890 FX chip better or?...

LOL you are reading quite a lot. :p

Yes X6 is supported.

This board has all the feature that you will use. 890 is a better mobo but lot more expensive.

PS the 890FX doesn't include a graphic card. 890GX does. The board I suggested does too.

Hi Ishu

my pc

64bit Windows 7

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3.10

1TB Samsung HD103SJ

4GB DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400

Graphics Card 4850 512MB

Thinking of upgrading processor to a AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz Socket AM3 8MB L3 Cache

would it make much difference in processing Speed

nothing in particular but i was planning to play the odd game like the total war series etc on it

Do you play games other than FM??

LOL you are reading quite a lot. :p

Yes X6 is supported.

This board has all the feature that you will use. 890 is a better mobo but lot more expensive.

PS the 890FX doesn't include a graphic card. 890GX does. The board I suggested does too.

Haha, yes been doing some readings! :-)

So the mobo you suggested is a mobo and a graphics card in one?? I'm confused, how does this work? Is the graphics good? Better than my current card?

Is the 890 gx and the card you suggested good enough.

Hi Ishu

my pc

Thinking of upgrading processor to a AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz Socket AM3 8MB L3 Cache

would it make much difference in processing Speed

Quite a difference. But make sure that your mobo has AM3

nothing in particular but i was planning to play the odd game like the total war series etc on it

this is probably (at least to my eyes) the best ive found so far... it has 4gb ddr3 which is awesome and a decent graphics card too by the looks of it...

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/156-asus-k50id-sx114x-laptop-intel-core-2-duo-t6570-4gb-ddr3-1066-mhz-320gb-hdd-win-7-pro#ProductFeatures

Both FM and Total war are processor heavy games. No point getting a beefy graphic card. This last one is good though.

Haha, yes been doing some readings! :-)

So the mobo you suggested is a mobo and a graphics card in one?? I'm confused, how does this work? Is the graphics good? Better than my current card?

Is the 890 gx and the card you suggested good enough.

Mobo and graphic in one means that the graphic chip is going to be built "into" the mobo. This card can easily run FM 3D on high and can run most games on medium.

The other card is significantly better and will run "along" with the card in your mobo.

Ishu my friend, I have some draft idea's below that I would like your feedback on =) (This whole thing is actually turning out to be expensive, but I'm getting due for it and I think this will last a while now)

CPU: AMD PHENOM II 1090T / 6CORE / 3.2GHz / 9MB CACHE / 125W / BLACK EDITION* $330.00

MOBO: ASRock 890FX Deluxe3,* 890FX, 4 DDR3 ram slots, 8 SATA 2 & 3 hard drive cons, 3 PCIE2x16, 1394, RAID, GB LAN USB3,* 7.1 CH Audio,* $190.14

OR

Asus M4A89TD-PRO-USB3, AMD, 890FX, 4 DDR3 ram slots, 2PCIE, RAID, GB LAN, SATA3, USB3,* 7.1 CH Audio, $187.90

(My thought process around this is, while I only plan on playing FM, if I ever change my mind down the track and want to upgrade the graphics, with this mobo I'll just be able to slap on a new graphics card & be OK rather than having to replace the whole set)

GRAPHICS: Thinking of using my current card (specs are: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT0)

RAM:*CORSAIR xms3 8gb DDR3 RAM 200.00

HDD: Seagate Barracuda, 500GB, 16MB Cache, 7200RPM, SATA2, 7200.12, ST3500418AS,* $47.30 ea x2 run on a raid or the 1 TB western digital HDD.

SOFTWARE: Win 7 64 Bit*Home Premium - 134.00

POWER SUPPLY: The power supply that is in my current PC is still good, so going to use this

CASE: I have a spare, brand new tower that I plan on using.

I am open to tweaks/suggestions on improvement. Again, just a draft list of idea's...

Thoughts re amount of leagues/players I could run on the above machine?

Any idea's re price range? Are the above mentioned prices good or could I find better? Keeping in mind that I'm based in Australia so shipping if applicable, etc.*Prices are in $AUD

I'm still conducting further research re prices as I've found a few other websites that also look reasonable price wise.

Thanks again, I really appreciate all the time.

How many leagues would this run?

Brand ACER

Screen size 15.6 inches

Processor Intel Pentium Dual Core

Intel Processor Star Rating Intel 2 star processor

Processor model number T4400

Processor speed 2.2 GHz

Processor bus 800 MHz

Processor cache 1 MB

Memory (RAM) 4 GB

Storage (hard drive) 500 GB

Storage (hard drive) Type SATA

Operating system tbc

Shared graphics

Dedicated graphics ATI radeonHD4570 512 MB

Optical drive Plays & records CDs and DVDs

Plays Blu-ray DVDs

Lightscribe technology

S-Video output

VGA output

HDMI output

Wireless networking standard 802.11b/g/n

Gigabit LAN

Finger print reader

USB 2.0 slots 2

Firewire

Media card slots 5 in 1

Built-in bluetooth

Built-in webcam

Built-in TV Tuner

Speakers Standard

Battery life Up to 2.5 hours

Wired networking

Wireless networking

Power Consumption 18 / 0.5 watts

Laptop weight (kg) 2.7 kg

Been reliably informed that putting RAM in matching pairs is much better, so if he had 4, it's much better to go to 8 than 6. Could be talking rubbish but it's what i've been told.

You are correct, however 6gb would still be better than 4gb of matching RAM.

Or processor wise I've seen this:

AMD PHENOM II 1055T/6 CORE/2.8GHz/9MB CACHE/AM3 125 W for 233.55

In my opinion I'd go for this over your other one. It's $100 cheaper and if it's put in a good set-up, it'll run all leagues on FM11. Also if you want to get more speed you could always overclock it. :thup:

Or processor wise I've seen this:

AMD PHENOM II 1055T/6 CORE/2.8GHz/9MB CACHE/AM3 125 W for 233.55

I've just got this, it's a top proccy and can be overclocked, it also has a feature that if the program you're using doesn't require or utilise all the cores it will switch power to the cores that are being used which will raise the ghz to 3.4 without overclocking.

It can run COD4 at 70+ fps on low & 30 on medium. Much better than any Intel card and you and I both play 3D on them. Crysis on low 44fps.

HERE is a great benchmark of different games.

Ishu. Thanks for posting this bit of information. I have a Radeon 5450 dedicated graphics card. I was going to upgrade it to the 5470 but after reading the information about the two, I don't think that it would be worthwhile. You appear to be a lot more knowledgable than me. What is your opinion, please?

I've just got this, it's a top proccy and can be overclocked, it also has a feature that if the program you're using doesn't require or utilise all the cores it will switch power to the cores that are being used which will raise the ghz to 3.4 without overclocking.

Fantastic information guys, guess I'm saving myself $100.00 ;-)

So tiger, you think this setup will run all leagues? Fantastic!

Ishu my friend, I have some draft idea's below that I would like your feedback on =) (This whole thing is actually turning out to be expensive, but I'm getting due for it and I think this will last a while now)

Thanks again, I really appreciate all the time.

CPU

965BE - This is Very highly and easily OCable.

1055T - 6core, higly OCable.

1090T - 6core, Very highly and easily OCable.

Mobo

Not much point getting this mobo as the mobo I suggested is good enough, already has a graphic card and you can also insert another card. (If the other card is an ATI, they will run together).

GFX

your current 7600GT is good enough and you can always upgrade later.

Even if you sel your older rig, the onboard card is good enough for FM.

RAM is ok

HDD

No point going RAID. As a good RAID controller can cost more than your PC.

W7 is ok

PSU

This should be good quality. low quality PSU can destroy your whole PC.

Ishu. Thanks for posting this bit of information. I have a Radeon 5450 dedicated graphics card. I was going to upgrade it to the 5470 but after reading the information about the two, I don't think that it would be worthwhile. You appear to be a lot more knowledgable than me. What is your opinion, please?

HD5450 and HD5470 is no upgrade at all. You won't notice the difference.

Quite a difference. But make sure that your mobo has AM3

thank you ishu

it will just need to update bios

Make sure. Or the CPU will be wasted

Fantastic information guys, guess I'm saving myself $100.00 ;-)

So tiger, you think this setup will run all leagues? Fantastic!

BTW 1055T is not 220 AUD. its $250.

And 1055t if you are not OCing. 965BE or 1090T if you are OCing.

How many leagues can I safely run with a super-fast processing speed though? I'm sick of waiting 5-10 minutes for international games etc.

All leagues and 3D on high :rolleyes:

How many leagues can I safely run with a super-fast processing speed though? I'm sick of waiting 5-10 minutes for international games etc.

You won't have to wait more than 60 secs. take 40 leagues if you are impatient.

I'm looking to spend up to around 700 AUD (around 350 quid) on a new computer, well parts for a computer and this is what I need;

- Motherboard

- Processor

- Ram

- Graphics Card

- Heat Sink

- Hard Drive

And anything else you reckon I'll need. Also feel free to use this thread for your own computer build queries.

Hursty

PS: It would probably be better buying from the US too, with the AUD being near parity with the USD.

EDIT: Also if there is a computer at a decent price I could be interested. :)

I'm looking to spend up to around 700 AUD (around 350 quid) on a new computer, well parts for a computer and this is what I need;

- Motherboard

- Processor

- Ram

- Graphics Card

- Heat Sink

- Hard Drive

And anything else you reckon I'll need. Also feel free to use this thread for your own computer build queries.

Hursty

PS: It would probably be better buying from the US too, with the AUD being near parity with the USD.

EDIT: Also if there is a computer at a decent price I could be interested. :)

Only for FM or others games too.

Probably only FM at the moment but I will probably end up getting into other games. ie WoW, Civ V etc.

Anyone able to tell me what sort of league/player numbers i'd get with this set up please?

CPU:AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

RAM: 4GB (2x2GB) PC10666 DDR3/1333mhz Dual Channel Memory

Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 PCI-E 16X 1GB DDR5 Video Card

Also with the RAM i was tempted to go with 8gb but it would add £100 to my PC - would it be worth it (other then FM the PC will be used for general gaming by me and basic photo editing by my wife).

Probably only FM at the moment but I will probably end up getting into other games. ie WoW, Civ V etc.

AMD X4 965 BE 3.4GHz Quad core $200 ----> Very good OCer.

Gigabyte Motherboard $100

WD Caviar Black 500GB $80

Corsair XMS3 8GB DDR3 RAM $200

HIS HD5450 1GB $70

Total $650

Anyone able to tell me what sort of league/player numbers i'd get with this set up please?

Also with the RAM i was tempted to go with 8gb but it would add £100 to my PC - would it be worth it (other then FM the PC will be used for general gaming by me and basic photo editing by my wife).

Very good rig. 4GB is enough though 8GB will make a diffrence for multi tasking. Nearly 40 to 50 leagues.

Ishu, many thanks, you have just saved me a lot of money. Based upon my current graphics card, what would you consider to be a distinct improvement upon my Radeon 5450 card?

Funnily enough this is a list that I compiled from items off ebay a couple of weeks ago and they are similar to yours.

- AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz Quad Core

- Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H AMD 880G AM3 USB3 Motherboard

- DDR3 2048MB from Crucial x3

- EVGA GT240 Video Card 1GB DDR3 NVIDIA Graphic GT 240

- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB 16MB SATA

Which comes up to 670.97 including delivery.

Thanks for your help, Ishu.

Ishu, many thanks, you have just saved me a lot of money. Based upon my current graphics card, what would you consider to be a distinct improvement upon my Radeon 5450 card?

An HD5770??

Wait for new 6xxx series cards from ATI and then get 5series at a lower price or new 6series. Coming within nov.

Funnily enough this is a list that I compiled from items off ebay a couple of weeks ago and they are similar to yours.

- AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz Quad Core

- Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H AMD 880G AM3 USB3 Motherboard

- DDR3 2048MB from Crucial x3

- EVGA GT240 Video Card 1GB DDR3 NVIDIA Graphic GT 240

- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB 16MB SATA

Which comes up to 670.97 including delivery.

Thanks for your help, Ishu.

LOL they are same. :p

its only got 2GB ram though.

6GB actually, notice the 'x3' next to the ram. ;)

Oh I thought that is some reference to DDR3.

BTW RAM will work better in pairs. (1.5 times faster)

Cheers. Tbh i reckon 15-20 leagues is more than enough for me, I'm used to only running England, Italy and Spain so it will make a big difference. Faster processing times are more important to me.

One more question, which of these two processors would you recommend (they are pretty much the same price)

Intel Core i7 Mobile Processor i7-740QM (1.73GHz) 6MB Cache

Not sure whether to go for the higher ghz or the higher MB.

You won't have to wait more than 60 secs. take 40 leagues if you are impatient.