FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheers

I do use Photoshop CS-5/Illustrator through work and plan on using music editing software...... so i wonder if they will be the straw that breaks the intel 3000's back.

CS5 can be a little slow on the HD3000.

BTW 1696MB is taken from 6GB (RAM). It can also use the L3 from the CPU.

could anyone help me my fm12 will only let me play 2d graphics i find this strange as fm11 was perfect with the graphics on 3d match engine my graphics card is an ati radeon 9200 256k its really frustrating me

Its probably below spec now. Try asking FrazT or Neil.

I am about to receive a HP Probook 6550b from work. It has an Intel core i3 cpu m370 @2.4ghz, 2gb of RAM and a Intel HD graphics card. While I know this will not set the world alight – it is free from work and it would be sweet if it was able to handle FM 2012.

What can I expect?

I was looking for a computer for about £600 not so long ago, and got a reply from Ishu. However, at the moment, I can't really afford something along that price range.

I'm looking for a PC which will be around 300-400 quid (including tax) which will run FM quickly, and smoothly. I'm training to be a graphic designer, so I need something that can multi-task.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I was looking for a computer for about £600 not so long ago, and got a reply from Ishu. However, at the moment, I can't really afford something along that price range.

I'm looking for a PC which will be around 300-400 quid (including tax) which will run FM quickly, and smoothly. I'm training to be a graphic designer, so I need something that can multi-task.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

At that budget it's not really going to work. FM maybe but graphic designer alongside that I'm not so sure. You could try to aim for a mid-range i5 with a Radeon 5570HD and you might be able to squeeze it into the 300-400 range. But it's not going to do anything particularly well. Save up a bit more and get yourself a good PC is my personal suggestion.

Yeah, another extra 100-200 could beef up your PC to a 2500k with something in the range of a Radeon 5850 which would be a more than solid computer for anything you'd do on it including the newest games. If you're going to go heavily into graphics designing you would need to splash out on a quadro sooner or later though; And those things are bloody expensive.

Seized the opportunity to buy myself new pc when my wifes 9 year old pc started to expire and generously passed my "old" pc core 2 duo machine to her! New machine is i7 2600 3.4ghz with 8gb ram running windwos 7 64 bit. Just about to start what will hopefully be a long game and have set up 65 leagues from 30 nations with large database and circa 55k players. The set up indicated 3* for game speed but I believe that I heard this rating not always reliable. Just wondered if new machine will be reasonalby quick running this set up before I start.

On the old core 2 due e6700 2.6 ghz 4gb ram vista 32 bit I used to run signifcantly fewer leagues with circa 30k players and game speed of 3.5* indicated.

Hopefully I will not find new machine running larger set up to be a lot slower than I was used to on old machine.

Views appreciated before I get underway....

In match setting I noticed that depth is now ticked? Just wondered what difference, if any, I could expect to notice when viewing a match.

• 2 weeks later...

Graphics card will be a problem, no OS so add another £80-£100 for W7 & I'm not a fan of generic cases as their cooling properties can be questionable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok I stopped playing footy manager at 2007 edition I have brought 2012 in December it goes to slow so this week I am ordering a new pc for the latest games and my fm12 fix. I want to run as many leagues as possible will someone tell me if this system could run the amount of leagues I am after?

CPU: 2066 - Intel Core i5 2500K

CPU Cooler: 3015 - NEW! Xigmatek HDT-S963

Operating System: 11014 - Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Motherboard: 4131 - NEW! Asus P8Z68-V LX

Memory: 5039 - 8GB DDR3 1333mhz (2x 4GB)

Hard Drives: 6033 - NEW! Corsair 60GB Force3 SSD S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s

Optical Drive: 7003 - 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA

Graphics card: 9035 - AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB

Sound card: 10001 - Onboard 7.1 Audio

Internet: 13006 - Wireless 802.11N 300Mbps MIMO PCI card

Keyboard and mouse: 14102 - Logitech USB Keyboard

Accessories: 16012 - DVI cable

Case: 17044 - NEW! Zalman Z11 Plus

PSU: 18037 - NEW! 650W Corsair TX V2

I bought myself a SONY Viao VPCF22 , i7 quad core processor, 6GB, GT540, Blu-ray, 16'4 Full HDDisplay+ screen and it blazes through FM12, 20-30 leagues, large database no issue - Shame sony disabled the HD3000 chip - 1200 quid of laptop for 700 pounds new in currys (just before F23 was released)

Sadly, I'm not enjoying the transfer/agent dealings (get rid) and I hate steam annoying me when i try login to FM2012 (saying it cant connect when its in OFFLINE mode)

Please SI, any other form of verification, just not steam.....

Back to FM10 I think

Archived