FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

Could anyone help me out? Got a new computer, the basic specs are:

Intel® Core™ i5 3.2ghz

4gb Ram

Windows 7 64 bit

NVIDIA GeForce G210 with 512mb dedicated graphics memory

I know generally they're pretty good specs and I know FM will run well on it, but basically I want a computer that'll pretty much be able to run as many leagues as possible. The weak point of my computer is the graphics card, I know its pretty basic and isn't considering a 'gaming' card. Would it be worthwhile upgrading my graphics card? If so, can anyone recommend one, I have to admit my knowledge of them is pretty basic...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right a quick question i after buying a new machine i currently have a laptop

this is what i have

hp g62

intel® core i3 cpu m330 @ 2.13Ghz

Ram 2gb

Intel graphics media accelerator hd dedicated 64mb total 762 mb

it runs fine but the graphics is a little bit laggy and blocky...

now i will not lie i want a dell xps 8100 but can not afford one but have found this on ebay foe 350 quid so asking people opinion

the new spek is

AMD Athlon II 250 3.0GHz Processor

4GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM

500GB Hard drive

High performance Motherboard

DVD RW

Stylish Gaming case

HD4350 1GB Graphics

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VIBOX-GA-FAST-AMD-DUAL-CORE-3-0GHz-DESKTOP-GAMING-PC-/220679382361?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item3361842559 this here.....

now all i do is play fm and want as good as graphics as possible and i like to play with over 200,000 players loaded up but was wondering if any genius on here know of a pc i would be better of getting or if this one on ebay is any good as i no good with this tech stuff...

any help would be appreciated greatly want to have a fully operation pc/laptop to play my game

so tiger i currently load my laptop up with 199,000 players and i agree it slow fm2010 have you any advice i after a desktop now and want to load up 200,000 players of course i will update the ram to around 6 but has anybody got any advice or a pc which would run it well...

i want a quicker gameing experiance with better graphics or should i just keep going with my laptop

Intel® Core 2 Duo CPU

T5450 @ 1.66

3gb of Ram

Im only Looking to run all England Leagues with all players enabled

will this handle that?

Could anyone recommend a laptop that will run FM fast? Around 400-500

It will run all english leagues (and more) but all players will be tough. It will slow down after a few seasons.

Don't load more than 75,000 players. IMO

Right, downloaded the demo and I'm finding the overall performance of the 3D match engine far far worse than FM 2010 to the point where I'm going to have to stop using it, which will in turn stop me buying the game.

The only thing I can think of is that my graphics card is integrated, not standalone, however I'm not running a complex game and the rest of the specs should be more than sufficient to make up for the rest of it.

You haven't mentioned your graphic card but your PC is good enough for FM. Fast enough.

I have no idea to tell you the truth, thats just the specs as copied off the site. I don't know what it means lol :-(

DDR 2 is older Generation of RAM which has been replaced by DDR3. No point getting older stuff.

just wondering will this be ok for fm11? i'm esp. worried abt my graphics card . thx

All great

Decent enough for FM. 10 to 12 leagues.

How many leagues will this laptop run?

64bit Windows 7

Intel i5-450( 2.4ghz turbo boost 2.66ghz

640gb HD

4GB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x2048]

Graphics Card 1GB ATI HD5470

30 to 40 leagues with 100k players.

Hello lads, right then, unfortunately I am another that needs to upgrade in order to get a smooth 3D view on high settings............. RANT...........;)

Budget can go to £600 ish but obvs the best value for money option wins every time.

I have exactly this question also (minus the bit about Charlton).

£616

£530

£600

£600

hi im looking at getting a new laptop for fm11 . i have a budget of around £400. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

£427

£420

@WogBoyz

Sorting out your build now. will post back tonight.

so tiger i currently load my laptop up with 199,000 players and i agree it slow fm2010 have you any advice i after a desktop now and want to load up 200,000 players of course i will update the ram to around 6 but has anybody got any advice or a pc which would run it well...

i want a quicker gameing experiance with better graphics or should i just keep going with my laptop

Look for a desktop with 6gb of RAM, an intel i7 processor or an AMD Athlon X6 processor, a 500GB or bigger HD and a ATI or Nvidia Graphic card with atleast 1gb of memory.

Look for a desktop with 6gb of RAM, an intel i7 processor or an AMD Athlon X6 processor, a 500GB or bigger HD and a ATI or Nvidia Graphic card with atleast 1gb of memory.

He has a budget of £300.

This is going to cost more than 600.

Been reliably informed that putting RAM in matching pairs is much better, so if he had 4, it's much better to go to 8 than 6. Could be talking rubbish but it's what i've been told.

Been reliably informed that putting RAM in matching pairs is much better, so if he had 4, it's much better to go to 8 than 6. Could be talking rubbish but it's what i've been told.

This is true. But for core i7 RAM in "threes" is better.

Hes getting a X4 650, 4GB RAM etc from ebay for about 250 bucks. PMed me.

question is though i only load up england and scotland leagues and like 200,000 will the machine on the way be able to run it ishu and once again thank you bud people like you around the community with tiger thanks

also my new pc does not come with a graphics dedicated card and i will need to buy one it has these slots???

1x pci express x16

1x pci express x1

2x pci

not sure what this means but what graphics card do people recommed all i play is fm but want decent graphics

and one last question i promise is this pc quicker than my laptop my hp g62 i3 processor m330 2 gb of ram????

once again thanks for all your help

Ishu, budget between $600 to $1000 AUD.

For actually purchasing the hardware, wheredo you suggest?

Is this website any good price wise etc?:

Www.eyo.com.au

Thanks Ishu

Have no idea about australian sites but giving you links of a site I found

AMD X4 965 BE 3.4GHz Quad core $200 ----> Very good OCer.

Gigabyte Motherboard $100

WD Caviar Black 1000GB SATA3 $140

Corsair XMS3 8GB DDR3 RAM $200

Total $640

Use the older cabinet, Graphic card etc

If you are sellin it

CM Elite 430 Cabinet $100

Corsair CX400W PSU $70

Guys, what's the difference between 32 bit & 64 bit windows? Is it just in terms of ram capacity or is it greater than this? I've been told that 64 bit is better for companies as 64 bit programs are actually quite expensive and most programs are 32 bit orientated so one wouldn't see much of a difference between the two. Thoughts/comments?

What are the thoughts re an intel quad compared to an and 6 core? I've seen an and 6 core 3.2 ghz black edition for roughly 300 aud on eyo.com.au. Are these good prices or not really?

Thanks ishu, looking forward to seeing the build specs - I appreciate it.

question is though i only load up england and scotland leagues and like 200,000 will the machine on the way be able to run it ishu and once again thank you bud people like you around the community with tiger thanks Yes. Might want to lower that number if you want a long term game

also my new pc does not come with a graphics dedicated card and i will need to buy one it has these slots??? A Onboard Graphic card would be fine for FM (3D in high). If you want one it will go in the x16 slot.

not sure what this means but what graphics card do people recommed all i play is fm but want decent graphics A cheap HD5450 for £35

and one last question i promise is this pc quicker than my laptop my hp g62 i3 processor m330 2 gb of ram???? Surely

once again thanks for all your helpWelcome :)

My answers in bold

hi all..

ive got £500 odd in my pocket waiting to be spent as soon as possible on a laptop, my old desktop is kaput and im looking for an everyday lappy able to run FM nicely (say 200k players) and a few leagues aswell... and also a bit of other gaming aswell... anyone got any advice?

thanks chaps

Have no idea about australian sites but giving you links of a site I found

AMD X4 965 BE 3.4GHz Quad core $200 ----> Very good OCer.

Gigabyte Motherboard $100

WD Caviar Black 1000GB SATA3 $140

Corsair XMS3 8GB DDR3 RAM $200

Total $640

Use the older cabinet, Graphic card etc

If you are sellin it

CM Elite 430 Cabinet $100

Corsair CX400W PSU $70

Thanks ishu, I'll look into this. Re HDD, what if I got 2x 500gb 7200 rpm & ran it as a raid?

hi all..

ive got £500 odd in my pocket waiting to be spent as soon as possible on a laptop, my old desktop is kaput and im looking for an everyday machine able to run FM nicely (say 200k players) and a few leagues aswell... and also a bit of other gaming aswell... anyone got any advice?

thanks chaps

Build your own computer. With £500 you can get a good build.

I built mine just around 3 weeks ago (cost much much more than £500 though). Have at the moment: Intel Core i7 980x, 4gb DDR3 2000mhz ram, 1TB Samsung F3 7200rpm and 64gb Corsair SSD for the OS. Waiting for my two 6870's to come from Ebuyer and then it will be complete! :D

Guys, what's the difference between 32 bit & 64 bit windows? Is it just in terms of ram capacity or is it greater than this? I've been told that 64 bit is better for companies as 64 bit programs are actually quite expensive and most programs are 32 bit orientated so one wouldn't see much of a difference between the two. Thoughts/comments?

This is a huge topic. Way out of this thread. I would say that 64bit is faster for 64 bit applications, can address more ram and main disadvantages are you can't use very old softwares. Also some older and unpopular devices might not work with 64bit.

What are the thoughts re an intel quad compared to an and 6 core? I've seen an amd 6 core 3.2 ghz black edition for roughly 300 aud on eyo.com.au. Are these good prices or not really?

For general purpose and games Intel quads are faster. For CPU intensive apps which can use all cores AMD x6 are faster. X6 are a little future proof and a lot cheaper.

hi all..

ive got £500 odd in my pocket waiting to be spent as soon as possible on a laptop, my old desktop is kaput and im looking for an everyday lappy able to run FM nicely (say 200k players) and a few leagues aswell... and also a bit of other gaming aswell... anyone got any advice?

thanks chaps

Build your own computer. With £500 you can get a good build.

What Smeemi said. A 500 pound laptop won't be able to run 200k players easily.

Thanks ishu, I'll look into this. Re HDD, what if I got 2x 500gb 7200 rpm & ran it as a raid?

RAID is pointless. If you want a faster hard disk get a SSD.

EDIT : Almost all the leagues with 100k players.

Guys, I'd like to try & clarify an aspect re FM and players.

If we are talking about say nearly all leagues, 52 leagues is all, so say 40 on a large db and loading some countries players ie a few from Africa, how many players are we talking about? Is 100k players a lot? Wouldn't 40 leagues be over 100k players?

So ishu, are you saying 6 core is a good future investment compared to 4? I assume fm is a processor intensive program, would it run the 6 core well? What are your thoughts re the 6 core I posted above?

I got that processor to the last guy. Its very good but the one I gave you is good too (just a little less). If you want that CPU, go ahead.

Guys, I'd like to try & clarify an aspect re FM and players.

If we are talking about say nearly all leagues, 52 leagues is all, so say 40 on a large db and loading some countries players ie a few from Africa, how many players are we talking about? Is 100k players a lot? Wouldn't 40 leagues be over 100k players?

Its possible to get many variation.

And its very hard to (exactly) judge the number of league. The numbers I say are guidelines and can be upped and lowered depending on your patience.

PS Is 52 leagues the max?? Think its much higher.

May I ask mate how I do that sorry computers are not my thing...Football Manager is though :)

http://www.memtest86.com/

Go there, click on download then go to ISO image for creating bootable CD (Windows - zip)

Use Imgburn (freeware) to burn the iso image to a CD. You must write it as an image.

Then restart your computer, after the bios screen comes up it'll say boot to cd? . . . click any key then it'll load memtest86 and will look for any problems with your ram. Post the results when you're finished.

Its defo not. Microsoft site says that this is a (somewhat) common error with Pentium M proccy.

Let's wait and see :). On a brand new computer build around two years ago I had the same problem, I ran memtest and it reported 350 odd corrupt sectors on my ram. Took that ram out and it was faultless.

Let's wait and see :). On a brand new computer build around two years ago I had the same problem, I ran memtest and it reported 350 odd corrupt sectors on my ram. Took that ram out and it was faultless.

Same error message??

Archived