FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ishu, what does this link go to? What am I downloading?

This will scan your PC to find out the RAM and MOBO.

I'm considering buying a netbook or laptop to play Fm2011 on, I don't need a massive amount of leagues loaded, about 10 at the very most. Preferably with a big database, don't mind running it in 2D. Can anyone recommend me the cheapest one?

Thanks

Lenovo

SONY

Slightly a bit out of my price range sadly, I'll see if there is any decent refurbs of them available. What kind of graphics card would you recommend as that's the only thing I'm a bit unsure of?

Almost any graphic card will do for FM. Whats your exact budget?

You might want a netbook?

Almost any graphic card will do for FM. Whats your exact budget?

You might want a netbook?

Hopefully around £250 if possible but I may be able to stretch a little bit further if that is too low, Wouldn't mind a netbook if they are generally cheaper, refurbished wouldn't be a problem either really

This will scan your PC to find out the RAM and MOBO.

Lenovo

SONY

I can report the following:

The following is a list of what our scan was able to detect:

System Manufacturer: GBT___

System Model: NVDAACPI

Motherboard Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

Motherboard Model: GA-M55SLI-S4

drop down arrow

Your Computer Specifications

1024 MB

DDR PC2-5300

1024 MB

DDR PC2-5300

1024 MB

DDR PC2-5300

1024 MB

DDR PC2-5300

* Maximum Memory Capacity: 16777216 MB

* Currently Installed Memory: 4096 MB

* Available Memory Slots: N.A.

* Total Memory Slots: 4

* Dual Channel Support: N.A.

* CPU Manufacturer: AuthenticAMD

* CPU Family: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ Model 3, Stepping 3

* CPU Speed: 3000 MHz

I can report the following:

Your options

Upgrade CPU and keep same RAM and GPU(Cheaper)

Upgrade CPU, Mobo, RAM. Keep same GPU

Do you WANT to upcrade GPU (Not necessary for FM)?

HDD is Ok at 250GB. Do you need more?

Choose :D.

Your options

Upgrade CPU and keep same RAM and GPU(Cheaper)

Upgrade CPU, Mobo, RAM. Keep same GPU

Do you WANT to upcrade GPU (Not necessary for FM)?

HDD is Ok at 250GB. Do you need more?

Choose :D.

I'm an options man, can I get a build spec for the two options please :)

1) If I upgrade the CPU I need a new motherboard right? Really this option is keepingg my current set up but just smacking in a better CPU right?

2) Why not get an idea of this, sounds interesting... ;-)

The GPU has been OK so far, it's a down grade from what I had before but gaming wise I'm only on FM...

Yeah, HDD is good but it's about 5 yrs old (so is the whole system) does this matter? It's also starting to make strange noises every now and then (just too loud)

I'm an options man, can I get a build spec for the two options please :)

1) If I upgrade the CPU I need a new motherboard right? Really this option is keepingg my current set up but just smacking in a better CPU right?

2) Why not get an idea of this, sounds interesting... ;-)

The GPU has been OK so far, it's a down grade from what I had before but gaming wise I'm only on FM...

Yeah, HDD is good but it's about 5 yrs old (so is the whole system) does this matter? It's also starting to make strange noises every now and then (just too loud)

1) This option will get you a new CPU which is supported by your current Mobo. Won't be much of an upgrade but a lot cheaper

2) This will replace almost everything in your PC Cabinet. Much more effective but will obviously cost lot more.

IMO GPU is good enough for FM and you'll need to increase your budget to get a new one.

5yrs is OK. Might fail anytime :p.

PS choose one. I'm not building two rigs ;)

Hi ishu

my computer properties says

Windows Vista intel core duo processor t5550 @ 1.83 Ghz

2.00GB

32 BIT operating system

Its an asus F5SL series

Guessing its a 'how many leagues ques'

20 with 30 to 40k players.

1) This option will get you a new CPU which is supported by your current Mobo. Won't be much of an upgrade but a lot cheaper

2) This will replace almost everything in your PC Cabinet. Much more effective but will obviously cost lot more.

IMO GPU is good enough for FM and you'll need to increase your budget to get a new one.

5yrs is OK. Might fail anytime :p.

PS choose one. I'm not building two rigs ;)

I didn't think my current mobo could support a better (quad core?) CPU? How much faster (fm league wise lol) could the current setup with a new CPU go?

I'm thinking new CPU/mobo and new HDD. Keep current graphics card. Do I need new ram or is the current lot ok? How much would a quicker graphic card cost btw?

Removing the matrox will do it tbh.

Thanks dude - it seems to work fine! Took the card out and installed the demo and it works!

Totally struggling to get to grips with the changes since FM08 - so much info and the way the tool bars are etc.......the 3D seems to play fine although I couldn't see a stadium or crowd (saw a post about that earlier)! pre ordering this now!

I didn't think my current mobo could support a better (quad core?) CPU? How much faster (fm league wise lol) could the current setup with a new CPU go?

I'm thinking new CPU/mobo and new HDD. Keep current graphics card. Do I need new ram or is the current lot ok? How much would a quicker graphic card cost btw?

New mobo will need new RAM. And a quicker GPU will be around £50 to 100.

BTW if you can sell your current setup to someone/ebay it will be great.

Thanks dude - it seems to work fine! Took the card out and installed the demo and it works!

Great.

I'm downloading it now. Very excited

I know, it's impressive. The ME looks brilliant this year so I'm surprised the graphic card specs have stayed the same. Well done SI.

It's about time the engine started looking anywhere near the specs it demands - have you actually seen what other developers can do with similar resourses?

bearing in mind that fm09 demanded the same gfx resources as bioshock for instance.

Star system doesnot work in FM10.

64bit will be very useful. 32bit can only read 3.5GB RAM. your 2.5 GB is wasted right now.

And I'd say 30-40 leagues with 100,000 players.

Actually 32bit is still not a disadvantage for long term games.

Even if you play with 64bit and the extra Ram that gives you - the game still increases VERY quickly into unplayable territory when the save game becomes massive. If you want to play a long term game, you need to start with less leagues anyway - so it should be operating at well below 2GB at the start of game to remain playable after many seasons.

RAM alone is not going to help - you would need to have a much faster CPU and a much faster hard drive as well (unless you want to wait several minutes for the game to save). At the moment, the balance doesn't make much difference in favor of 64bit systems after a few seasons because it will not be the RAM that is the major source of any bottleneck - it will still be the CPU.

Hey everyone, was searching for this kind of thread...

My old PC didn't play the latest versions of FM, namely 2010, for whatever reasons...But I am going to buy a new one I think, of course I'll be looking to get a machine that runs FM and all future versions pretty well, these are the specs of the prospective system in mind....I seriously know nothing about graphic cards or processors - I know the memory is fine mind you:p

Processor AMD Phenom II X2 545 Processor

- 3.0 GHz

- 2.0 GHz HT

- 6MB L3Cache

RAM - 4 GB installed DDR2 RAM

- 4GB maximum RAM capacity

Graphics card ATI Radeon HD 5550

- 512GB dedicated GDDR5 memory

Screen type None

Hard drive 500GB 7200rpm SATA II

If anyone can offer any advice I would be grateful, I imagine it will run it ok, but in terms of quality would this be a good buy for running FM well?

New mobo will need new RAM. And a quicker GPU will be around £50 to 100.

BTW if you can sell your current setup to someone/ebay it will be great.

Great.

I'm downloading it now. Very excited

Ok so we are looking at new mobo/CPU, new ram, faster hdd (what's the best re quickness) and maybe a graphics card.

Ok people, any build suggestions for a Fm11 machine (long term save) ?? The only gaming I do is FM. The rest is surfing the web and working from home

Ok so we are looking at new mobo/CPU, new ram, faster hdd (what's the best re quickness) and maybe a graphics card.

Ok people, any build suggestions for a Fm11 machine (long term save) ?? The only gaming I do is FM. The rest is surfing the web and working from home

You selling the older one? Budget?

Hello lads, right then, unfortunately I am another that needs to upgrade in order to get a smooth 3D view on high settings. Currently on a crappy cheapo Acer laptop so it's struggled with processing large games since fm09. Can anyone recommend a decent laptop that will be able to run the full 3D settings smoothly whilst also being able to run a whopper number of leagues? If anyone has also just upgraded and it's looking mint do let me know! I feel that this year is the first year that 3D doesn't let the rest of the game down so year-on-year this part is coming on nicely. Now all I need is Charlton to be taken-over by a tycoon and the world will be good again ;)

Budget can go to £600 ish but obvs the best value for money option wins every time.

Hello lads, right then, unfortunately I am another that needs to upgrade in order to get a smooth 3D view on high settings. Currently on a crappy cheapo Acer laptop so it's struggled with processing large games since fm09. Can anyone recommend a decent laptop that will be able to run the full 3D settings smoothly whilst also being able to run a whopper number of leagues? If anyone has also just upgraded and it's looking mint do let me know! I feel that this year is the first year that 3D doesn't let the rest of the game down so year-on-year this part is coming on nicely. Now all I need is Charlton to be taken-over by a tycoon and the world will be good again ;)

Budget can go to £600 ish but obvs the best value for money option wins every time.

I have exactly this question also (minus the bit about Charlton).

these are what i bought for myself.....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231133

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231179

ohh...and as for just adding 2gb to your existing 4gb...it is possible, BUT it is highly recommended for all your sticks to be the same brand, latencies, timings, voltage etc.

Does newegg ship to Australia?

Right, downloaded the demo and I'm finding the overall performance of the 3D match engine far far worse than FM 2010 to the point where I'm going to have to stop using it, which will in turn stop me buying the game.

My Laptop is a Lenovo T400

- Intel Core2 Duo

- P8400 @ 2.26Ghz

- 2GB RAM

Any thoughts, anything I can do or should have/not have running? I've disabled as many other apps as possible, so the only things running really are the AV and Firewall.

I'm only running one league, just a quickstart English piece... I've maxed out virtual memory as well to see if that smooths things over, but no real difference.

The only thing I can think of is that my graphics card is integrated, not standalone, however I'm not running a complex game and the rest of the specs should be more than sufficient to make up for the rest of it.

just wondering will this be ok for fm11? i'm esp. worried abt my graphics card . thx

[system]

CPU Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz

Frequency 2780 MHz

No. of CPUs 2

OS Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 (Build 6002)

System Type: 32 bit OS

Graphics Card Intel® G45/G43 Express Chipset

Chipset Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

VRAM 1294.0MB

DAC Internal

Driver igdumdx32.dll

Version 8.15.10.2189

Vendor ID 32902

Device ID 11810

Subsystem ID 44830760

Revision Level 3

WHQL Certification Level 1

Local VRAM 128.0MB

Available VRAM 1294.6MB

Available Texture Memory 1290.0MB

Vertex Shader 3.0

Pixel Shader 3.0

DirectX Version 10.0

Sound Card Realtek Digital Output(RCA) (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Sound Card Driver RTKVHDA.sys

Version 6.0.1.5663

Updated 7-11-2008

Network Card Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Network Card Driver RTL8169.sys

Version 6.227.902.2009

Updated 9-2-2009

CD-ROM/DVD-ROM Drive Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7200S ATA Device

System Model Dell Inc.

System Manufacturer Studio 540

Archived