FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For FM the 3400 would be fine. Just don't try Crysis!

Seconded. Will run FM comfy.

Thanks Ishu do you think any improvments are needed like the graphics card?

Thanks again

Depend on what you want to do.

FM will be fine. Older games or new games on (very) low settings etc.

BTW you can't upgrade this Graphic card. You'll need to buy another laptop if you want a different card.

Seconded. Will run FM comfy.

Depend on what you want to do.

FM will be fine. Older games or new games on (very) low settings etc.

BTW you can't upgrade this Graphic card. You'll need to buy another laptop if you want a different card.

Thanks for your help

Hello my technical friends,

I have a question (very common theme in this thread), how many leagues will I be able to run with the following setup using a large database:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00 GHz

4 GB Ram

32 Bit O/S Windows Vista

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT (is this my weakness? I had a better card but it died and this is my current stop gap until I get a new one - I have noticed slightly slower loading times ingame)

Thanks in advance for the helpful advice, I appreciate it!

Hello my technical friends,

I have a question (very common theme in this thread), how many leagues will I be able to run with the following setup using a large database:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00 GHz

4 GB Ram

32 Bit O/S Windows Vista

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT (is this my weakness? I had a better card but it died and this is my current stop gap until I get a new one - I have noticed slightly slower loading times ingame)

Thanks in advance for the helpful advice, I appreciate it!

Processor could be a limit but I can't imagine you having trouble running quite a few leagues thanks to that huge wack of ram you have

Processor could be a limit but I can't imagine you having trouble running quite a few leagues thanks to that huge wack of ram you have

When you say quite a few leagues, are we talking about less than 10, 10 to 20, etc?

So do you recommend that I upgrade to a quad core?

When you say quite a few leagues, are we talking about less than 10, 10 to 20, etc?

So do you recommend that I upgrade to a quad core?

Its good enough though upgrading to a Quad core wil make the game progress faster.

IMO 25 to 35 league with 80,000 to 100,000 player depending on your patience.

And that card will run FM11 3d on high with no problem. BTW Graphic card has nothing to do with normal loading times.

Will laptops with integrated graphics like that support direct x then?

Every graphic card supports DirectX. :D

What different will it make it i have over 4gb ram and 64-bit?

Main Difference. A 32 bit W7 can only use upto 3.5GB RAM and 64bit W7 can use upto 192GB RAM.

OS: OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, or later. ????

So which one is it then, 10.58 or later, or 10.6.3 or later?

I don't get what you are asking...

FM11 will run on any MAC OS AFAIK.

FM old timer here who has been out of action since FM 08. Decided I want back in the game, its my PC spec thats been stopping me :(

My specs are below - would appreciate if someone can advise what I'm missing to play FM 2011.

Memory: 1 GB RAM

Storage: 250GB (53 GB free)

Processor : Intel Pentium 4 2.80 GHZ

Graphics: Intel onboard 82915G/GV/910GL - Matrox Millenium G450 Dualhead DVI PCI (I believe its only a 32MB card, I just bought a cheap one for running 2 screens)

Do i just need a dual head ATI/NVIDIA card then? Presuming minimum 128MB?

FM old timer here who has been out of action since FM 08. Decided I want back in the game, its my PC spec thats been stopping me :(

My specs are below - would appreciate if someone can advise what I'm missing to play FM 2011.

Graphics: Intel onboard 82915G/GV/910GL - Matrox Millenium G450 Dualhead DVI PCI (I believe its only a 32MB card, I just bought a cheap one for running 2 screens)

FM11 will run. :D

You'll be able to load around 5 leagues with 15,000 to 20,000 players. 3D will run on low.

BTW its(intel) a 128MB card. I had that before. No point getting a dedicated card. Probably it doesn't even has a slot.

FM11 will run. :D

You'll be able to load around 5 leagues with 15,000 to 20,000 players. 3D will run on low.

BTW its(intel) a 128MB card. I had that before. No point getting a dedicated card. Probably it doesn't even has a slot.

TBH I'm not that bothered about the 3D engine (unless it really is that good) I'm more than happy with the 2D one.

I remember when the demo came out for FM09 (or 10 - whichever was the first to have the 3D engine) and after install i couldn't even run it......will this definitly work? Other 3D related games like PKR (online poker) and The matrix games for PC won't run either :S

Are you 100% sure it will work as it is? If so I'm pre ordering now...but no point ordering if I don't have a PC strong enough to play it on!

You have a G450? Holy god I thought they were withdrawn from Sale at least 7-8 years ago!

You need a massive upgrade mate!

TBH I'm not that bothered about the 3D engine (unless it really is that good) I'm more than happy with the 2D one.

I remember when the demo came out for FM09 (or 10 - whichever was the first to have the 3D engine) and after install i couldn't even run it......will this definitly work? Other 3D related games like PKR (online poker) and The matrix games for PC won't run either :S

Are you 100% sure it will work as it is? If so I'm pre ordering now...but no point ordering if I don't have a PC strong enough to play it on!

Something might be wrong with your PC.

I had a similar PC with P4 2.66GHz 768MB RAM 915G etc. It was a little weaker than yours but still used to run FM09 fine (With 3D and England down to BSS/N).

You have a G450? Holy god I thought they were withdrawn from Sale at least 7-8 years ago!

You need a massive upgrade mate!

Like I said, got it about 2 years ago, just a cheap card for running 2 screens.

Bit confused Ishu is saying it willl work when I think Matrox is only a 32MB card? (or hes sayign the onboard Intel one is 128)?

Like I said, got it about 2 years ago, just a cheap card for running 2 screens.

Bit confused Ishu is saying it willl work when I think Matrox is only a 32MB card? (or hes sayign the onboard Intel one is 128)?

Intel one.

No idea what this matrox is. Seems to be something before my time.

Intel one.

No idea what this matrox is. Seems to be something before my time.

So is it fine as it is, or do I need to remove the Matrox one?

The Intel one is built in, it comes with the PC. The Matrox one is plugged into a PCI slot with the blanking plate removed for dual head double monitor connection.

So is it fine as it is, or do I need to remove the Matrox one?

The Intel one is built in, it comes with the PC. The Matrox one is plugged into a PCI slot with the blanking plate removed for dual head double monitor connection.

I am sure it will run with intles card. No idea about matrox sorry. You might have to rmove it.

BTW it will be terribly hard to find a (Sensibly priced) PCI graphic card.

Thanks........I think I'll just try the demo........if it doesn't work then I'll take it from there.

Presuming I'd need something like this though?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NVidia-Quadro4-NVS-285-Dual-Head-128MB-PCI-E-Video-Card-/390251192822?pt=UK_Computing_Computer_Components_Graphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW&hash=item5adcc8a1f6

No that card is a PCI -E card. You need a PCI card.

Every single card I've seen online is PCI-E, can't find any that are just PCI. :S

BTW it will be terribly hard to find a (Sensibly priced) PCI graphic card.

Like I said then. PCI is last to last to last Generation.

@TigerTime

It got to do with the slot/tech.

I'm sure Ishu will be able to link you to some though. :thup:

It'll be very hard. Best bet will be to find something on ebay. Most people will overprice it as it out of production. Good luck finding an 'idiot' selling it cheap. :p

It will be easier and perhaps cheaper to get a new rig.

My PC ran about 20 leagues with 50-70,000 players on FM10. I have 4GB or RAM but only the 32 bit OS. Will it make a big difference if I got the 64 bit OS to utilise the other 0.5GB of RAM? Also, what difference would it make if I had 6GB of RAM on a 64 bit OS?

I've also recently formatted my whole PC as I had so much stuff on it. So all I have installed now if Office, Norton and Firefox. Will having a completely clean computer make a noticeable difference to my speed?

Thanks.

You will have to trawl Ebay to get a working PCI card.

And you likely won't get much newer than the G450.

PCi replaced by AGP replaced by PCI-E

Different interfaces, not just sizes. Completely different. Different voltage too, and bandwidth. Honestly mate if you're only running a PCI you're buggered, but the Intel will be better than the G450. The Matrox cards were popular about 10 years ago for Dual Monitor users, but were never very good for 3D Graphics

Robioto

Changing to 64 bit would certainly make a difference as you'd be able to utilise another 0.5gb of RAM. I'd also recommend upgrading to 6gb if you have the money. That way you could use 3.5gb of RAM for FM and the other 2.5gb RAM for windows and other programs.

Also having a clean PC will help a lot. Junk files and programs can really slow down the performance of a PC.

Robioto

Changing to 64 bit would certainly make a difference as you'd be able to utilise another 0.5gb of RAM. I'd also recommend upgrading to 6gb if you have the money. That way you could use 3.5gb of RAM for FM and the other 2.5gb RAM for windows and other programs.

Also having a clean PC will help a lot. Junk files and programs can really slow down the performance of a PC.

Seconded.

Will add my two cents

Using 64bit windows will let FM use upto 4GB of RAM whereas in 32bit windows FM can oly use 2GB of RAM. This becomes more noticable as you progress through seasons.

Also cleaning your computer make a huge effect.(Whether that cleaning is 'Formatting' or 'Dusting')

Thanks for your advice folks, don't even know if my machine can take a PCI-E. Its only 4 years old.....rediculous how much things change!

If I can't get it to run or can't get a card so be it......nothing wrong with this machine, have been thinking about a new PC but got other stuff to pay for and I'm not buying a new computer solely on the basis of playing 1 game!

Thanks for your advice folks, don't even know if my machine can take a PCI-E. Its only 4 years old.....rediculous how much things change!

If I can't get it to run or can't get a card so be it......nothing wrong with this machine, have been thinking about a new PC but got other stuff to pay for and I'm not buying a new computer solely on the basis of playing 1 game!

Removing the matrox will do it tbh.

Its good enough though upgrading to a Quad core wil make the game progress faster.

IMO 25 to 35 league with 80,000 to 100,000 player depending on your patience.

And that card will run FM11 3d on high with no problem. BTW Graphic card has nothing to do with normal loading times.

Thanks Ishu.

ATM I am running 9 leagues, if I ran 20 to 25 will it be approx 50% slower or still perform ok?

Well the slight delay has been since the graphics card died...it's in game when clicking on a players details, club, competition or even next...any ideas?

Thanks Ishu.

ATM I am running 9 leagues, if I ran 20 to 25 will it be approx 50% slower or still perform ok?

Well the slight delay has been since the graphics card died...it's in game when clicking on a players details, club, competition or even next...any ideas?

Aroung 10-20% slower but 500% more fun.

I think its the general slowdown that many experience over time. I would download "Piriform CCleaner" (Don't use the registry cleaner part of this software) and use a disk defragmentor.

Hi Ishu,

When you say the game will run with 30,000 or 50,000 players, what size database does that mean? E.g. what are rough estimates for small, mediu, large and loading extra players from other leagues/continents?

Small, Medium And large only make a difference to players loaded (large will load more obscure player etcetc). So Choose any size, and load any players from continents etc but the no of players should be around that number.

And I'm not smart enough to estimate that :D

Thanks :-) Sorry for the continual barrage of questions. I just want to make sure my new machine will run FM like a dream!

Usually I play with a large database, load top players from all continents and only have England Blue Sq N/S upwards on.

What do you think is the lowest spec this would run on? Would it be playable on some kind of integrated graphics card?

Thanks :-) Sorry for the continual barrage of questions. I just want to make sure my new machine will run FM like a dream!

Usually I play with a large database, load top players from all continents and only have England Blue Sq N/S upwards on.

What do you think is the lowest spec this would run on? Would it be playable on some kind of integrated graphics card?

Lowest spec....of FM or all Continental + BSS/N

And no problem.

Archived