• Last Reply
How would this perform?

Dell XPS 17

Intel core i5 480m

4gb ram

nvidia GT 435M

500gb 7200rpm hard drive

Thanks

Pretty sure it would have no issues at all, it is a reasonable processor with good levels of RAM.

I have a XPS15 with a i7 Q840 with 8GB of RAM and I can run with ease over 200,000 players and many leagues on full detail, some game days run into a bit of slowdown because of the large number of games processing, but in general no major issues.

With your set-up you can probably run a game with 100k players and several leagues, less detail would make game days process faster.

Pretty sure it would have no issues at all, it is a reasonable processor with good levels of RAM.

I have a XPS15 with a i7 Q840 with 8GB of RAM and I can run with ease over 200,000 players and many leagues on full detail, some game days run into a bit of slowdown because of the large number of games processing, but in general no major issues.

With your set-up you can probably run a game with 100k players and several leagues, less detail would make game days process faster.

Thanks Alot, getting this for my birthday :D 2 days :)

Lenovo's CPU is better than Acer's.

Do you need dedicated GFX?

If not, get the £480 one. The integrated can easily run FM 3D on high.

FM's probably about as advanced as my non PS3 gaming goes, apart from the odd burst of Trackmania here and there, so I think I'll go with the integrated. Cheers.

How would this perform?

Dell XPS 17

Intel core i5 480m

4gb ram

nvidia GT 435M

500gb 7200rpm hard drive

Thanks

Try and get the i5 2410 if you can. Should be around the same price but is significantly better.

which laptop?

Acer Timeline X 5820T Notebook

- Core i5-480M(2.66GHz, 2.933GHz Turbo), 15.6"WXGA, 4GB-RAM, 500GB-HDD, DVD-DL, WiFi-n, Windows 7 Home Premium

or

HP Pavilion G6-1030TX Notebook

CPU Intel Core i3-380M

Processor 2.53GHz

RAM 4GB

is the top one worth the extra $50?

Hi Ishu, ive readmost of the thread and Ive basically got my answer with regards to FM but I hope you can help me in another area. Im stuck between two computers but as my GF plays Sims 3 with all the expansions (and any future expansions) im wondering which would be the best. Both should satisfy me for FM.

a) http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/prods/barebones/Novatech/BB-1094G.html

Description AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

Cache 3MB

Clockspeed 3.2Ghz

Manufacturer AMD

No. of Cores 6

Memory

Speed 1333Mhz

Description 2 x 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

OR

b) http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/prods/barebones/Novatech/BB-I52400.html

Description Intel Core i5 2400 Processor

Cache 6MB

Clockspeed 3.1GHz

Manufacturer Intel

Memory

Speed 1333Mhz

Description 2 x 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Both are barebone packages and I will be adding 2 x 250gb HDD and will have Windows 7. I do not have a graphics card so I will be using the onboard graphics (might be a problem for Sims?). Basically it will only be used for FM, Sims 3, music, films, Microsoft Office (for assignments and PP). Nothing really taxing. Any help would be appreciated.

Second one is better but it won't overclock. But I don't like that "Novatech Power Supply".

You can get better quality stuff for less price if you buy them separately.

And Sims will run. Probably on medium. 60+ leagues on FM.

MacBook Pro 2011 13"

2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor with 3MB shared L3 cache

4GB of 1333MHz DDR3 memory

320GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive

Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM

How many leagues and how many players loaded?

What 3D graphics settings should I use?

Just ordered this custom laptop for £700. What do you reckon? How many leagues etc?

hassis & Display

Enigma III 520: 15.6" HD LED Backlit Widescreen (1366x768) Super Clear Glossy

Processor (CPU)

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-2630QM (2.00GHz) 6MB Cache

Memory (RAM)

4GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (1 x 4GB)

Graphics Card

nVIDIA® GeForce® GT 520M - 1GB DDR3 Video RAM - DirectX® 11

2nd Graphics Card

NONE

Memory - 1st Hard Disk

500GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD5000BEKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)

Hey Ishu, long time no speak. (TigerTime)

Just wondered, I want to upgrade laptop for my birthday and should have around £600 available at the most. Any chance you could find me the best laptop possible (can be custom built) for £600?

Hey Ishu, long time no speak. (TigerTime)

Just wondered, I want to upgrade laptop for my birthday and should have around £600 available at the most. Any chance you could find me the best laptop possible (can be custom built) for £600?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/179775-General-Laptop-Thread/page15

Ask Wakers.

I can't recommend laptops as I am not used to prices in £. :thup:

i new a new laptop and thinking of getting the samsungr730, can some one tell me if it will support fm11..

specs r

Processor

Intel® Core i3-380M Processor 2.53Ghz

3MB cache

Intel® Virtualisation Support

Intel® 64 Architecture

Intel® Hyper-Threading

Intel HM55 Chipset

Graphics

Intel® GMA HD Graphics

Shared Memory

Memory

4GB DDR3 1066MHz

Configuration: 2 x 2GB

2 x Slot SODIMM

much appreciate your help

If there is someone with i5 2500 / i7 2600 (or some similar CPU) , could you do a little test for me.

Here is save game, with ALL leagues loaded:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y3XSGK12

All you have to do is go on holiday for a week, and measure how much time is needed for processing. It's important not to resign from current club, as it affects processing speed a lot.

It takes just under 7 minutes for my Phenom II X4 @ 3,6 GHz to finish the processing.

Looking for some technical help if possible.

My laptop is ******! :(

Last night, my laptop was working fine. This morning, I go to power on and it gives me the old black screen routine. Just wouldn't boot up.

I've spent all morning trying to find out what's wrong with it. Eventually, I tried removing the RAM as a last resort. Found out that one of the RAM slots appears to be the issue. It'll boot up fine when one particular RAM slot is empty.

I've no idea how this has happened. It was working absolutely fine last night.

Both sets of RAM appear to be fine (they both work separately in the working slot). The dodgy RAM slot in question actually doesn't feel right. When I go to click the RAM into place, there isn't that satisfying 'click'. Something isn't quite right. The RAM slots in but there is no 'click' into place.

This could be the beginning of the end for my laptop. I've had it since 2007.

To be honest, I think the fan is broken as well. It seems to be constantly whirring. Sometimes the whirring can be quite loud and it can buzz a bit too. This tends to be when I've got a few applications open or when I am doing several things at once. If I have a few things open, it sounds a bit like an aircraft taking off! I do get out the hoover see if I can suck up any dust from the bottom of the laptop on a fairly regular basis though. Lately it has been making less and less difference. Maybe the bearings in the fan have gone or it's just broken.

I use my laptop a lot, esp. for FM, so I wonder if I have just knackered it! Could the fan issue be related to the RAM slot thing?

Would appreciate it if people could advise if it is just time for a new laptop or if this one is salvageable in any way (i.e. is it possible to fix the RAM slot or the fan?)

Pretty gutted right now. Can't really afford a new laptop. :( Any help appreciated.

Maybe the bearings in the fan have gone or it's just broken.

Possible. Might be a loose screw. Should be fixable.

I use my laptop a lot, esp. for FM, so I wonder if I have just knackered it! Could the fan issue be related to the RAM slot thing?

Nah! not related.

(i.e. is it possible to fix the RAM slot or the fan?)

Fan can be fixed/replaced by opening the laptop. Can't say about the RAM slot though.

Can you help me? I just bought a laptop this weekend with these specs:

Toshiba Satellite R850-15X

Intel® Core™ i5-2410M Dual Core (Sandy Bridge)

RAM 4 GB

AMD Radeon™ HD 6450M

How many leagues can I play?

Cheers

Hi guys,

I would very much like to download FM2011 from Steam for my mini laptop - but i'm not sure it will be powerful enough to run it?

I'm only after running 1 league on minimum database settings & i'm happy to watch the matches in the 2d view.

Below are my laptop specs - please can you give me your opinion if i will be ok to play this game without it being too slow?

Thanks

MSI Wind U230 250GB 12.1 Inch Ultra Portable Laptop

CPU and Memory:

AMD Athlon Neo.

Processor speed 1.6GHz.

2GB DDR2 RAM.

250GB SATA hard drive.

Display features:

12.1in display.

Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels.

Graphics:

ATI Radeon X1250 graphics card.

Thanks for replying to my earlier post Ishu.

I think I have improved things with the fan by removing it and giving it a good clean out.

Any idea what happened to the RAM slot though? Pretty gutted about that.

I've still got one 2GB stick in, so it's not too bad, but I just hope the second RAM slot doesn't go as well, otherwise I'll be screwed to put it bluntly! :(

Hey,

I would like to know how many leagues I would be able to reasonably load -

Im running a Dell Inspiron Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Laptop, Inter Core 2 Duo T4400 @2GHz with 4gig Ram. If I select 5 leagues (Scotland, England, Italy, Spain and Germany) the estimated speed goes down to 1 and a half stars, but I want more leagues cos it is just too unrealistic! I would like to add Sweden, Holland, Belgium, South Africa, Brazil and Argentina to that list too, at this point it goes down to half a star. Surely not that bad!?

Any help much appreciated!

Im playing FM 08 and want to know how many leagues I could run with this setup:

3GB Ram(2.74 GB Usable)

ADM V140 Processor 2.30 GHZ

Running it on Windows 7

Looking for a new laptop... Primarily Management games, Football Manager, Front office football etc.. and an occasional game of oblivion (I don't need full detail graphics) ... Besides that a lot of surfing and excel :-)

Looked at this one..

Intel Core i5 480M

6 GB DDR3 Ram

Graphics was a GeForce model with 2 GB dedicated ram

How many leagues could this one do?

Processor Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz

Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB

Graphics Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Gaming graphics 1292 MB Total available graphics memory

Primary hard disk 65GB Free (104GB Total)

Total size of hard disk(s) 749 GB

I feel it's not a good configuration for playing FM2011, as I was not able to compare the graphic cards required and that I have.

Any Suggestions.

Im playing FM 08 and want to know how many leagues I could run with this setup:

3GB Ram(2.74 GB Usable)

ADM V140 Processor 2.30 GHZ

Running it on Windows 7

less than 10.

Looking for a new laptop... Primarily Management games, Football Manager, Front office football etc.. and an occasional game of oblivion (I don't need full detail graphics) ... Besides that a lot of surfing and excel :-)

Looked at this one..

Intel Core i5 480M

6 GB DDR3 Ram

Graphics was a GeForce model with 2 GB dedicated ram

How many leagues could this one do?

30 leagues.

You can probably get a Sandybridge in your budget.

Processor Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz

Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB

Graphics Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Gaming graphics 1292 MB Total available graphics memory

Primary hard disk 65GB Free (104GB Total)

Total size of hard disk(s) 749 GB

I feel it's not a good configuration for playing FM2011, as I was not able to compare the graphic cards required and that I have.

Any Suggestions.

15 to 20.

3D on med-high.

Archived