FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

1) No. Improvement in menus, profile opening etc? Not much.

2) FM can only use 2GB in 32bit OS and 4GB in 64bit OS. So no.

3) No idea.

4) Most discrete graphic cards will do. Newer onboards will be alright as well.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is what Ishu says about FM only being able to use 4GB of RAM correct? Also can anyone point me to an SI guy confirming this?

I'm looking at a new Mac and was wondering if I'd see any difference between getting 4GB or 8GB of RAM, I'm decided on everything apart from the RAM so far.

Was wondering how many leagues I can run with this:

3GB Ram(2.74 GB Usable)

ADM V140 Processor 2.30 GHZ

I have Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit version

So how many leagues?

Is what Ishu says about FM only being able to use 4GB of RAM correct? Also can anyone point me to an SI guy confirming this?

I'm looking at a new Mac and was wondering if I'd see any difference between getting 4GB or 8GB of RAM, I'm decided on everything apart from the RAM so far.

FM is a 32bit software and every 32bit software is like that.

It has been confirmed by SI and a test a guy did a while back.

FM only crossed 2GB of RAM usage on his 64 bit OS after holidaying for 10 seasons (Every league and player was loaded).

What would be your FM recommendation for the following - how many leagues, player count ect...

HP G62-b28SA 15.6" Laptop - White

or

HP G56-130SA 15.6" Laptop - Black

Cheers.

I suggest an interesting experiment for all the people who want to understand which are the real correlation between processor-memory and performance of FM 2011 in terms of speed. Let's do like this: we all begin a new career with 1 nation, 7 leagues and DDD all nations (total of 307000 players), we say the specs of our computers and we report how did it take to run 3 months of game, what do you think?

Any ideas on number of leagues and amount of players i can run without FM being too slow?

Thanks.

Processor Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz

Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

1308 MB Total available graphics memory

Primary hard disk 188GB Free (223GB Total)

Windows 7 64 Bit

Any ideas on number of leagues and amount of players i can run without FM being too slow?

Thanks.

Processor Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz

Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

1308 MB Total available graphics memory

Primary hard disk 188GB Free (223GB Total)

Windows 7 64 Bit

15 .

I suggest an interesting experiment for all the people who want to understand which are the real correlation between processor-memory and performance of FM 2011 in terms of speed. Let's do like this: we all begin a new career with 1 nation, 7 leagues and DDD all nations (total of 307000 players), we say the specs of our computers and we report how did it take to run 3 months of game, what do you think?

Thats easy. RAM will only bottleneck performance if its low. And a CPU will directly impact performance.

This can help in buying a PC for FM. IMO just get the best possible CPU with adequate RAM. Other components do not have a major impact on performance.

If you wanna do a test, I would suggest something that finds out the impact of

1) Selecting a league as View Only and Playable

2) Loading additional players

3) Loading additional leagues

I thought of running these tests once (when a few other guys were doing something like this) but could get the time.

Test 1    Test 2    Test 3    Test 4    Test 5    Test 6
No of Players    15000    15000    30000    30000    60000    60000
No of leagues    2    4    2    4    15    15
VO                   0    0    0    0    0    14
P                     2    4    2    4    15    1
Avg RAM Used                        
Avg CPU Used                        
Save Size                        
Time                        

This will address the 3 points and also your CPU/RAM thing.

VO - View Only

P - Playable

Time - Time for Holidaying 5 seasons.

If only someone with a decent PC (Something neither too weak or too powerful) could run these :p

Hi Ishu

I have AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual core Processor 4000+

and 4 gb ram

141 GB Hard Drive

Windows Vista

Dont now my Graphics Card?

How many leagues can i run and what improvements do i need and how much will it cost?

See post #1308.

Whats better, i5, i7 or i9? I thought i9 but It seems you give more leauges to the i5s than the i7s.

i9? Are talking about gulftown?

And yes i7s are better than i5s but the newer gen i5s are better than previous gen i7s. Newer gen i7 are better than previous gen i9s.

Cool

I will order the Intel i5 2500K £183

Out of interest what laptop could i purchase that could run every league

I was talking about buying everything in that post. Not just the processor.

EDIT: I don't think you'll find a laptop that can handle all leagues at decent speed. Not cheap atleast. £2000+.

i9? Are talking about gulftown?

And yes i7s are better than i5s but the newer gen i5s are better than previous gen i7s. Newer gen i7 are better than previous gen i9s.

I dont know what gulftown is. How do you tell if its old gen or new gen?

I dont know what gulftown is. How do you tell if its old gen or new gen?

Gulftown are the six core CPUs. i7 980X and i7 990X.

First gen iX are named : iX XXX

Second gen iX are named : iX 2XXX (Succeeded by a K if they have an unlocked core multiplier ie they are overclockable)

I was talking about buying everything in that post. Not just the processor.

EDIT: I don't think you'll find a laptop that can handle all leagues at decent speed. Not cheap atleast. £2000+.

Ok, Just want to upgrade my processor.... but will look into the others, currently i am running 18 leagues on my spec and its doing ok but i just like to upgrade my processor

No worries about the laptop was look for one that runs around 70 leagues

Ok, Just want to upgrade my processor.... but will look into the others, currently i am running 18 leagues on my spec and its doing ok but i just like to upgrade my processor

No worries about the laptop was look for one that runs around 70 leagues

You'll altleast NEED to buy the processor, mobo and RAM. (1st, 2nd and 4th of that list).

Intel® Core™ i5-450M Processor

- 2.40GHz (2.66 GHz Max Turbo Frequency)

- 2.5 GT/s DMI

- 3 MB Smart Cache

4GB installed DDR3 RAM

Intel HD graphics

what leagies would i be able tor run using large database keeping game speed at its highest,prefebrly 5stars??

Thinking of buying a laptop but want to be able to play fm 11 on it possibly in 3D would this be capable ? Thanks

•Intel Celeron Dual Core Processor T3500 (2.13GHz)

•3GB DDR3 1066Mhz RAM

•320GB SATA hard drive

•15.6in (1366 x 768 WXGA) gloss super bright display

•DVD SuperMulti dual layer optical drive

•Intel GMA X-4500DVMT graphics

•0.3MP webcam

•3 x USB ports

•802.11 b/g/N WiFi

•Windows 7 Home Premium

Before I start my game with the new patch is game speed 2 star slow? My computer performance is 5 star

Apple Macbook Pro

CPU Intel core I5 2.4GHZ

Memory 4GB DDR

Graphics card Intel HD and Nivdia GeoForce GT 330M

I would like to run Belgium, England, France, Holland, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Scotland, Russia all playable and all the leagues from each country from top to the bottom league. I'm just a bit worried 2 stars for game speed might be slow. I want to run them leagues so I can see how clubs from them countries are getting on in each league and able to have more players to buy in the database.

how would people say the spec of the sony vaio vpcec2soe stack up against competitors and just in general?

spec:

# Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium

# Chipset: Intel® HM55 Express Chipset

# Resolution: 1600 x 900

# Max Resolution External Display: 1920x1200

# Graphics: Graphic card name: ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 graphics, video RAM memory: 512M, total graphics memory: (approx) 3250MB

# Aspect Ratio: 16:9

# Processor Name: Intel® Core™ i5-430M Processor

# Power and Performance: with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology

# Processor Speed: 2.26

# L2/L3 Cache (MB): 3

# Number of Cores: 2

# Memory: DDR3 SDRAM

# Hard Drive: Serial ATA 320(GB), optical drive type: Blu-ray Disc™ ROM Drive with DVD SuperMulti

any advice would be very grateful, as I can't really make sense of the figures and numbers. Ta

My 2D match engine feels unresponsive and slow.

I've got a Packard Bell EasyNote TM86, Intel Core i3-330M Processor, 4GB Memory. It says my graphics card is 'Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD, Intel HD Graphics. Are these graphics spec lower than the minimum requirement needed?

60 .

Just wondering, I'm looking to start a long term game now the new patch is out (30+ seasons probably), is it wise to have 53 games loaded on my set up? Will it affect it that much?

Otherwise, whats a good number of leagues to have for a longer term game and should I set some to view only [ones that I don't plan on playing in but would like to have up]

Cheers

Intel® Core™ i5-450M Processor

- 2.40GHz (2.66 GHz Max Turbo Frequency)

- 2.5 GT/s DMI

- 3 MB Smart Cache

4GB installed DDR3 RAM

Intel HD graphics

what leagies would i be able tor run using large database keeping game speed at its highest,prefebrly 5stars??

30 .

Thinking of buying a laptop but want to be able to play fm 11 on it possibly in 3D would this be capable ? Thanks

•Intel Celeron Dual Core Processor T3500 (2.13GHz)

•3GB DDR3 1066Mhz RAM

•320GB SATA hard drive

•15.6in (1366 x 768 WXGA) gloss super bright display

•DVD SuperMulti dual layer optical drive

•Intel GMA X-4500DVMT graphics

•0.3MP webcam

•3 x USB ports

•802.11 b/g/N WiFi

•Windows 7 Home Premium

Anyone help with the above post please would like to put an order in but need to know if 3D will work on the graphics posted above thanks
Where's Ishu when you need him

Jeez. LFC fans are impatient. :D

Medium or High.

Before I start my game with the new patch is game speed 2 star slow? My computer performance is 5 star

Apple Macbook Pro

CPU Intel core I5 2.4GHZ

Memory 4GB DDR

Graphics card Intel HD and Nivdia GeoForce GT 330M

I would like to run Belgium, England, France, Holland, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Scotland, Russia all playable and all the leagues from each country from top to the bottom league. I'm just a bit worried 2 stars for game speed might be slow. I want to run them leagues so I can see how clubs from them countries are getting on in each league and able to have more players to buy in the database.

30 should be OK. :D

how would people say the spec of the sony vaio vpcec2soe stack up against competitors and just in general?

spec:

# Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium

# Chipset: Intel® HM55 Express Chipset

# Resolution: 1600 x 900

# Max Resolution External Display: 1920x1200

# Graphics: Graphic card name: ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 graphics, video RAM memory: 512M, total graphics memory: (approx) 3250MB

# Aspect Ratio: 16:9

# Processor Name: Intel® Core™ i5-430M Processor

# Power and Performance: with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology

# Processor Speed: 2.26

# L2/L3 Cache (MB): 3

# Number of Cores: 2

# Memory: DDR3 SDRAM

# Hard Drive: Serial ATA 320(GB), optical drive type: Blu-ray Disc™ ROM Drive with DVD SuperMulti

any advice would be very grateful, as I can't really make sense of the figures and numbers. Ta

Vaio are usually overpriced for the specs. They are more about looks.

Should run 30 leagues and 3D on high.

My 2D match engine feels unresponsive and slow.

I've got a Packard Bell EasyNote TM86, Intel Core i3-330M Processor, 4GB Memory. It says my graphics card is 'Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD, Intel HD Graphics. Are these graphics spec lower than the minimum requirement needed?

Should be fine on medium. Maybe high.

I have a Intel card half the power and it plays easily on low.

Archived