comment on reliable unsung hero and other things

i have been too busy playing fm 2010 to read the forum properly but after a quick search i have not found subjects on the following.

a) it would be nice to be able to release a statement or comment on a player that has served the club well without ever having been a star player. for example, i signed a young left back for 700k for crystal palace in my first season, and he has since kept his place despite me singing players such as gareth bale. he is now in his 8th season for the club, playing his first two seasons in the championship and then taking the step up and still being in the starting line-up when the club is close to winning the premiership. he has always been a reliable defender, averaging around 7 each season. it would be nice to have the option to recognise the service of such players. think denis irwin.

b) season expectations are a bit off. admittedly i am managing crystal palace after a takeover, so the sugar daddy expects some trophies. but while the board expects a semi final in the champions league in the first season that the club qualifies for europe, the expectations for the league are only a europa league finish. and after being knocked out early and finishing second in the league, the expectations for the next season are a champions league final but still a europa league finish. i would think that a high league finish would come first, and more gradual increase of europe expectations.

never the less, i am simply addicted to fm 2010. sorry if these things have been addressed on the forums already.

cheers,

thorarinn

I think that's one of the major things that FM is really lacking right now. I don't know how it could be implemented but it would be really interesting to have actual article like things on FM. You don't actually feel like you're actually really in a football world where you're a manager.

I've also found expectations too high sometimes. With a recent Villarreal save after just 2 seasons in the champions league, reaching no further than the quarter final stages and not boasting a particularly talented squad, they expected me to reach the Semi Finals.

I've also found expectations too high sometimes. With a recent Villarreal save after just 2 seasons in the champions league, reaching no further than the quarter final stages and not boasting a particularly talented squad, they expected me to reach the Semi Finals.

What I find more annoying is the absence of any sort of context in their expectations. The expectations are always completely black and white : "win this" or "reach x round". They fail to take into consideration that you may get an abnormally hard run-in or that despite losing your team may have played exceptionally well. Classic example being a lower division club that expects say, FA cup round 4, draws Man Utd away in the 3rd round, gets knocked out despite a spirited display, yet you're lumbered with a slightly disappointed confidence bar all season.

Archived