Oldest player of Football Manager.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am 68, 69 in January. I have been playing this game since it's original inception under the 'Domark' banner.

I just found out something random about Domark, after checking out the company on Wiki. Turns out one of the founders of the company has the same surname as me :p

I am 68, 69 in January. I have been playing this game since it's original inception under the 'Domark' banner.

Damn, I thought I was the oldest at 65 ln January. I too have played every version of the game since its inception in I believe 1993. So looking forward to this years release

internomad, I seem to recall that in an earlier thread of this nature that there was someone who was a year or so older than myself!

Wow, then I'm still a youngster, lol. All this time playing CM/FM and I still haven't managed to get my beloved Grimsby Town into the Premiership, maybe, just maybe this will be my year!

I'm 22, really got into football games on the computer around Fifa 98 road to the world cup, my first management game was Premier Manager 98, but my 1st Championship/football manager game was Championship Manager 3, the 98-99 season

I'm 40 and have been playing since the first CM came out on the Amiga.

Before that, I played the original Football Manager on the Amstrad CPC464! and before that, spent hours playing Champions! (anyone remember that?) on the Dragon 32 back in the day...)

31 here, 32 in Decmber. I have been playing the game since CM2 in around 93/94 (can't remember the exact year) and still loving the game.

I think the time spent playing Fm is a contributing factor to my continued happiness with the wife as i can play FM for a few hours while she watches crap like Corrie and Eastenders. I thought moving to Australia would be enough to get shot of those crappy soaps but it seems not. :-(

Totally hear you there mate!

I could never move to Australia, almost every species of Animal there is deadly, from Spiders & Snakes to Crocodiles & Sharks.

At least in the UK you don't need to worry about a deadly Snake or Spider sneaking into your house. :D

I could never move to Australia, almost every species of Animal there is deadly, from Spiders & Snakes to Crocodiles & Sharks.

At least in the UK you don't need to worry about a deadly Snake or Spider sneaking into your house. :D

At least in Australia you don't need to worry about a John Terry sneaking into your house and shagging your missus.

"where the women blow,

and men chunder"

Welcome!

It's not that bad actualy but i live in Brisabne and most of them things seem to be further up the coast. i was a bit dubious to say the least at first after hearing about spiders that hide in the toilet bowl and bite you when you sit down, I have never seen one yet in my 7 years here thankfully but i still check everytime. Still haven't actually seen a snake yet.

Ha ha - true, but in the two years (almost) i've been here i've never seen a thing. Not even a deadly spider! They should make shark attacks an injury in FM2011 though. Or spider bites. Just for players in the A-League though...

I am 46 played all the CM/FM games since Domark game and also played the original Football Manager by Kevin Toms on the ZX Spectrum 48k in 1982/1983

I'm in the same boat as you then. Also started off my "career" with FM on the ZX Spectrum and played all the way though the Domark label till now. I'm 32 though. Was 6 when my dad introduced me to FM on the ZX Spectrum. I remember my first team, I was wanting to "be" was Oldham because I liked the name Old Ham!

I'm 34 and will be 35 in 4 months. I've been playing the FM series since 2004 (so relatively new compared to you guys). Before that, I played the FIFA series, and before that, the original GOAL! on the Nintendo for my footie fix.

Gamers never get old, they just get better.

Archived