HarryMills

Does anyone know which was the highest selling CM/FM game?

20 posts in this topic

Am really curious which was the highest selling game of the franchise, or was it before back in the CM days? thanks if anyone knows.

I'm sure I read an article by Miles talking about FM11 and he mentioned FM10 was the most successful to date.

Doesn't each new release sell better than previous ones ?

This .

Strange then that they still aren´t able to afford licenses for player photos from all countries and tournaments like Champions League and Europa League...

Strange then that they still aren´t able to afford licenses for player photos from all countries and tournaments like Champions League and Europa League...

I believe that is very expsensive, but would be nice to have it.

FM 10 is my first FM game :D

To be honest, I was into those online football manager games.. (not the FM one) I used to hear random things online on how the FM game was really complex and daunting.

After playing the very bland online football managers online (not being able to see the players actually SCORE the goals made the whole experience feel somewhat incomplete), I decided to do some research on FM games, did some on 2010 and saw that it implemented a 3D match engine, and that the UI was redesigned to help newcomers to the series. So I thought, what better way to start? And here we are, now I'm drooling in anticipation for FM 11!

It doesn't matter how much money you have if someone else already has the long term rights.

Its not always about affordability, its also availability. I believe EA have all the licenses exclusively for UEFA/FIFA.

I rather have licensed leagues and teams than licensed photos. That can be easily (and very well) done by the community.

The Community also releases a file that corrects the name of competitions.

why should SI bother about faces and team names if there is someone else that does it for free? :D

why should SI bother about faces and team names if there is someone else that does it for free? :D
I rather have licensed leagues and teams than licensed photos. That can be easily (and very well) done by the community.

Its not a case of being bothered. And yes Jericho we'd all like that but see below:

Its not always about affordability, its also availability. I believe EA have all the licenses exclusively for UEFA/FIFA.
It doesn't matter how much money you have if someone else already has the long term rights.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was FM10. Most addictive game since FM07.

I think FM10 will be looked back at as fondly as FM07 is these days.

I always thought it was FM09 that was the best selling, could be wrong though.

Who thinks FM11 will be the best selling FM? I certainly do!

That's not entirely true. PES also has the UEFA, Europa and some club licences. So it's not completely exclusive I think.

The champions and europa league rights change hands rapidly. PES has them now but EA had them in 2008 I think as that was when they made a champions league game I think. Before then it was some other company that used to make the game and bring it out but it was never all that good and never sold too many copies anyway.