Football Manager 2011 release date

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! I'm not exactly new to the forums, but haven't been here much anyway. Can't wait for FM 2011! The new features sound wonderful. I got back to FM last year (haven't enjoyed it since 2007, until last year), and this year seems even more immense.

Cheers.

I've heard from an unnamed source that this years strawberry and vanilla demo's will be sent through the post with a free box of strawberry or vanilla ice cream (depends on which demo you choose). Can anyone from SI or Sega confirm this?

Lets just say that the accuracy of your rumours is continuing along its normal trajectory with this one, shall we...:)

I'm so excited. Maybe the dome is released just 1 or 2 weeks later. Expecting

Which dome would that be? The one in London? Only joking mate, but on a serious point I'm hoping it's going to be released before 21st October as that is the date I have my heart pacemaker fitted, and I'm gonna be out of action for a few days after that.

no it isnt, well we dont know yet, there is not date set for the 1000th time, just wait till they announce it. you would think that the demo is like a full version or something with all this going on

Just saying, heard there WILL be an announcement in the next blog, we'll see.

The person who told me this just before the announcement of This was the one who has told me there will be a release date announced Tuesday or Wednesday. (So I presumed the blog?)

The person who told me this just before the announcement of This was the one who has told me there will be a release date announced Tuesday or Wednesday. (So I presumed the blog?)

it's impossible: the game is not in gold yet. no chance for demo this week.

re: Play.com's erroneous information email:

Not true and no idea where they've got that idea from.

Has someone from SEGA/SI been in touch with Play to inform them that they're wrong?

You know what'll happen if the game isn't released on that date - hint: it won't be Play that get the flack from the disappointed Play customers. As I'm sure you're aware, the vast majority of FM players don't frequent these forums, and an email from Play saying the game is coming out a week early will be taken as gospel.

Has someone from SEGA/SI been in touch with Play to inform them that they're wrong?

You know what'll happen if the game isn't released on that date - hint: it won't be Play that get the flack from the disappointed Play customers. As I'm sure you're aware, the vast majority of FM players don't frequent these forums, and an email from Play saying the game is coming out a week early will be taken as gospel.

Anyone who believes Play over SI is an imbecile and isn't worth humouring.

• SI Staff

Unless that source is me, which it isn't, the source is talking rubbish. No one, apart from me, knows the blog schedule, seeing as I write them, and decide what I'm going to write about each day the weekend before (so I only decided which blogs to do this week yesterday). And I haven't discussed it with anyone at all.

So I would suggest that your source is winding you up, or trying to show off.

Someone from SEGA has been in touch this morning. I am waiting to find out the outcome. Maybe they were given the information by MonsterMunch's source?

Someone from SEGA has been in touch this morning. I am waiting to find out the outcome. Maybe they were given the information by MonsterMunch's source?

Thanks for the reply. It's a shame their email was erroneous though, I was quite excited on Saturday morning when I read it!

Anyone who believes Play over SI is an imbecile and isn't worth humouring.

Fairly sweeping statement. Play's email said they'd been informed by their supplier, or words to that effect, which does make it sound quite official. Just because some of us had the wherewithall to come and check on here doesn't mean other people do. You may be surprised to learn that some people don't even know this place exists...

Fairly sweeping statement. Play's email said they'd been informed by their supplier, or words to that effect, which does make it sound quite official. Just because some of us had the wherewithall to come and check on here doesn't mean other people do. You may be surprised to learn that some people don't even know this place exists...

Just saying. Its not just here where the 'official' release date can be found. All I'm saying is if Play say one thing and then everywhere else says another you gotta think that Play are wrong?

last year the trailer was a day before the demo, if i remember well.

p.s. play.com has changed the release date 1 week before, so on 29th october.

Yes, I got that e-mail too, fancy play.com falling for that one. I will be cancelling my order with them forthwith in protest.

Just saying. Its not just here where the 'official' release date can be found. All I'm saying is if Play say one thing and then everywhere else says another you gotta think that Play are wrong?

The exact wording of the email was:

"We have recently been informerd by the manufacturer of this product that the release date has been changed to 29-Oct-2010"

Yes, the release date was announced a few weeks back as being 5th November, but that email specifically says that the manufacturer has told them of a change. Why wouldn't someone believe it? I did until I got time to check on here and saw Miles saying it was hokum.

Either way, I'd love to hear Play's response.

Of course (conspiracy theorist's silver foil hat on now), Play may have simply jumped the gun ;-)

"We have recently been informerd by the manufacturer of this product that the release date has been changed to 29-Oct-2010"

Yes, the release date was announced a few weeks back as being 5th November, but that email specifically says that the manufacturer has told them of a change. Why wouldn't someone believe it? I did until I got time to check on here and saw Miles saying it was hokum.

Of course (conspiracy theorist's silver foil hat on now), Play may have simply jumped the gun ;-)

Fair enough, but Play are notorious at mis informing their customers, one of the many reasons I fell out with them and don't let them have my money.

Fair enough, but Play are notorious at mis informing their customers, one of the many reasons I fell out with them and don't let them have my money.

They are, but speaking as I find, this is the first time they've done anything like this to me. I'm going to email them when I get home tonight and ask them for their comments on this... I'll report back if I hear anything!

Would very much doubt it's true. SI still haven't had the all clear from SEGA on the gold candidate so they wont know the exact demo release date yet.

Do you still have the email?

I'm guessing the reason Pompey was wanting an email address to forward the original email to was due to a copy and paste is easily altered and thus if no-one was really believing Pompey then a pm may not help but a forwarded email may. I like Pompey got the same email and I have already pm'ed Matt Sega.

I'm guessing the reason Pompey was wanting an email address to forward the original email to was due to a copy and paste is easily altered and thus if no-one was really believing Pompey then a pm may not help but a forwarded email may. I like Pompey got the same email and I have already pm'ed Matt Sega.

Got it in one sir. I figured if Matt needs to see the email, then it needs to be the whole thing in its entirety.

As Andy Gray would say, "Take a bow, son".

Archived