Football Manager 2011 release date

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was hoping for the week before to get some playing time in before I need to split time with GT5, but still awesome and not too long away!

Too true, in the space of 6 days there are 3 massive games coming out. GT5 on nov 3rd, Football Manager 2011 on nov 5th and CoD: Black Ops on nov 9th. Gonna be epic and tiring lol

Last year I downloaded the game from a different source than STEAM but I don´t remember where exactly. In any case it was very convenient as it was possible to play the game without a DVD and without internet connection. So my question is: Will the game be available for download again somewhere (not STEAM)?

Last year I downloaded the game from a different source than STEAM but I don´t remember where exactly. In any case it was very convenient as it was possible to play the game without a DVD and without internet connection. So my question is: Will the game be available for download again somewhere (not STEAM)?

gamersgate? but i don't know if the game will be available on 5th at midnight

it's not official, but in west Europe and UK on last edition the release date was the same.

Indeed. For the most part if you're in Europe you can assume the 5th although some of our distribution territories sometimes run a week behind by the time they've localised etc.

Keep an eye on the forums nearer the time and we'll let you know if anywhere is delayed.

no no, i've said that will start soon, but not today, i think in few days ;) ;)

No,no I was saying that I thought that they would start today. :D

what are the blogs?

Basically everyday SI post some information and sometimes a video on a new feature in football manager. They started on the 1st of Septemeber last year. :thup:

Well for a start im sure SI would want people to have maximum playing time on release but they release on one of the biggest days of the year when many people will already have plans. Also people (especially ones with children) will be using their money for Fireworks, now they have to buy the game aswell. I know nobody is forced to buy the game on release day but there are a lot more appropriate days to release IMO, which would benefit both the user and SI.

I have kids and I consider buying fireworks a complete waste of money just the same as buying a game on release day, wait a couple of weeks and its down to £19.99. Take your kids to a properly organised fireworks display and enjoy the game when they have gone to bed, I'm sure your old enough now to be a little patient and after all its just a game and will more than likely need a couple of patches before being playable anyway.

Thanks Arjiit (and also to Miles for his response).

I just didn't want to pre-order with crappy games for $39.99 if come release day I could get just FM2011 for a lesser price. I don't plan on waiting unless Civ V is so freaking awesome I can't stop playing it :)

In all probability I'll pre-order this weekend (since today is payday (bi-weekly) for me :) )

You can order it off Amazon.com that is where I got FM 10 and got it on release day. They don't have it up yet though.

Sega.......

Why can I still not buy FM through STEAM in South Korea?? Even after your closer ties etc.... Last year was an absolute nightmare, it took 4 whole days to download because of the site i bought it from's poor servers in Asia.

I did ask on the South Korea thread and Miles responded saying a guy from SEGA would get back to me, any news / reason?

I can't believe people are moaning. We have the date, 12 months play until the next one, bliss.

Even though I think SI have made a serious error, did they realise it is Breeders Cup weekend? Now the oversight hasbeen highlighted, I assume the release date will be put back 7 days?

glad to help

Sega.......

Why can I still not buy FM through STEAM in South Korea?? Even after your closer ties etc.... Last year was an absolute nightmare, it took 4 whole days to download because of the site i bought it from's poor servers in Asia.

I did ask on the South Korea thread and Miles responded saying a guy from SEGA would get back to me, any news / reason?

4 whole days??? surely you contacted a shrink to be able to manage this tragic event! :rolleyes:

The amount of ungratefulness in this thread is pathetic. These guys work their backsides off every year to bring this game out as early as possible and people still complain. I know it's only a minority but it really is sad.

Great news Miles, look forward to it.

I've had a word with Guy Forkes, he has kindly put the date of bonfire night back 7 days for us all, however.. my girlfriends mates wedding is a different story, as much as I stressed to her that I can't go, I'm now in the dog house,though I plan to take my laptop with me to the day and night do, So I Won't be doing much dancing

Sweet, looking forward to it. Those will be busy timesh. Not that I'm complaining or anything though. :p

Nov 3: Gran Turismo 5

Nov 5: FM 2011

Nov 9: COD Black Ops

Nov 12: LittleBigPlanet 2

my program on that days:

nov 3: wait fm

nov 5: buy and play fm

nov 9: play fm.

nov 12: play fm

I've had a word with Guy Forkes, he has kindly put the date of bonfire night back 7 days for us all, however.. my girlfriends mates wedding is a different story, as much as I stressed to her that I can't go, I'm now in the dog house,though I plan to take my laptop with me to the day and night do, So I Won't be doing much dancing

You sound a really fun guy...

Sega.......

Just trying to find this out - I can't remember if it's licensing issues (I believe that's the case).

Why is everyone moaning just be thankful that the game is coming out its the best game i have ever played on i would wait till any date for it, they always do a great job and always improve it and try and meet the fans requests and surprise us. SO STOP MOANING also it doesnt matter if its bonfire night play on it after the displays or whatever you are doing

Miles,

I don't know if you'll notice this post, bu I might as well ask,

Any idea when FM11 will be released in the Middle-East? No bonfire here, and I earn my salary on the 28th of every month, so the release date, for me, is an ideal one. Financially, and an exra week for game dev. for a more stable game on release :D

Miles,

I don't know if you'll notice this post, bu I might as well ask,

Any idea when FM11 will be released in the Middle-East? No bonfire here, and I earn my salary on the 28th of every month, so the release date, for me, is an ideal one. Financially, and an exra week for game dev. for a more stable game on release :D

Where specifically? We may not know for sure yet but I will find out later on...

Archived