Football Manager 2011 release date

• SI Staff

I’m delighted to be able to announce that we’ve set a release date for Football Manager 2011.

It’ll be release on PC & Mac, and FMH2011 on PSP, on November 5th, 2010.

Some countries dates might be slightly later, and when I have confirmation of any different dates I’ll post them on this thread.

Before you ask, there's no date set for the demo as yet, but it normally comes 2 weeks before the game is released.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I booked the week off starting November 1st this week. Im not sure i will be rushing out to get it this year though. Im a bit non plussed this year, Nothing that the SI games guys have done, just think im getting older and the excitement is dying down for me year on year.

The 29th October release date was just one made up by retailers to help them get pre orders.

So they decide to release it on bonfire night when people already have plans, parents have to buy fireworks and so on. Poor descision making IMO. At least we have a date now though.

Guest roberto922

Any news on an Ipad version Miles?

EDIT: oh come on ffs :D It's not like you have to get it on the day is it, their sales won't be affected by Bonfire. Plus those with Steam get it at midnight so can play before going out.

So they decide to release it on bonfire night when people already have plans, parents have to buy fireworks and so on. Poor descision making IMO.

I don't see why it being on bonfire night makes any difference what so ever.

No-one "has" to buy fireworks. How that would impact on computer game sales I don't know.

A week later than the leaked details suggested. I wonder was this put back a week to try and show that the leak didn't affect them and that the details were wrong?

It may have been set at Oct 29th but after the leak they decided to change it.

Well for a start im sure SI would want people to have maximum playing time on release but they release on one of the biggest days of the year when many people will already have plans. Also people (especially ones with children) will be using their money for Fireworks, now they have to buy the game aswell. I know nobody is forced to buy the game on release day but there are a lot more appropriate days to release IMO, which would benefit both the user and SI.

A week later than the leaked details suggested. I wonder was this put back a week to try and show that the leak didn't affect them and that the details were wrong?

It wasn't a leak. It wasn't put back. As previously said. Retailers guess a release date to help get pre-orders. They have no idea when it will be until SEGA tell them each year. Hence why often different retailers use different dates.

Guest roberto922
Well for a start im sure SI would want people to have maximum playing time on release but they release on one of the biggest days of the year when many people will already have plans.

No, no they don't. They're a business, sales matter, customer enjoyment between Nov 5th and FM12s release matter, but it doesn't mean a thing to them how much people play on the first day outside of sentimental 'they love it' pats on the back

• SI Staff

Ooh - a conspiracy theory! Like most of them, it's not accurate though....

There have been, for many months, 3 possible release dates, of which October 29th was one of them. Following conversations over the last week, after I first suggested to SEGA that I'd rather be on the 5th November (the middle of the 3 possible release dates) as it would give us more time to polish the game (7 days is a very long time in games development), they agreed this morning that it's the right release date for the game this year.

Ooh - a conspiracy theory! Like most of them, it's not accurate though....

There have been, for many months, 3 possible release dates, of which October 29th was one of them. Following conversations over the last week, after I first suggested to SEGA that I'd rather be on the 5th November (the middle of the 3 possible release dates) as it would give us more time to polish the game (7 days is a very long time in games development), they agreed this morning that it's the right release date for the game this year.

In that case I am happy that the game is being released a little later then if it means a better game.

No-one "has" to buy fireworks. How that would impact on computer game sales I don't know.

Agreed, if you want the game you will buy it regardless if you "have" to buy fireworks. Didnt realise 5 November was a national holiday!

Well for a start im sure SI would want people to have maximum playing time on release but they release on one of the biggest days of the year when many people will already have plans. Also people (especially ones with children) will be using their money for Fireworks, now they have to buy the game aswell. I know nobody is forced to buy the game on release day but there are a lot more appropriate days to release IMO, which would benefit both the user and SI.

What is this obsession with Bonfire night?! Do people really make such a big deal of it? You make it sound like some kind of religious festival we're encroaching upon.

If it were released on the 1st or 8th November, the money they spent on fireworks would still be spent on fireworks. I'm sure most people's budgets can stretch to a computer game and some fireworks. In any case most people who want to see firework displays go to free public shows. Also if ordered online, the game will come on 3rd or 4th November.

Archived