[HELP!] BSS Tooting & Mitcham

OMFG, I took over salisbury city they are 2nd bottom on 6points played around 11games. I take a look at the table, BOOM! tooting and mitcham are fighting for the title....WITH MY TEAM! every player i bought is more or less still their and their doing amazing, thats happened to me TWICE now! :@ :@ :@

The game TRULLY hates me!

OMFG, I took over salisbury city they are 2nd bottom on 6points played around 11games. I take a look at the table, BOOM! tooting and mitcham are fighting for the title....WITH MY TEAM! every player i bought is more or less still their and their doing amazing, thats happened to me TWICE now! :@ :@ :@

You arent giving it long enough, thats why.

Why did you leave?!

I left because the board minimised my wage budget, and wouldent let me renew key players contracts :S

Your complaining about that. Jesus. When I was Droylsden I took over in Nov 2009. I had £5k transfer budget and £5k wage budget. At the start of the second season I thought I would get the same even though we were £250k in the red. I was wrong I got £3.8k wage budget and no transfer budget. My budget only allowed me to have 18 players up until february. one of my strikers got an injury which meant he was out for 6 months. I also got players picking up injuries where they were out for a few weeks. I still got promoted.

Your problem seems to be that you're doing some serious squad maintenance every season. It takes time for a new squad to gel and play well together. If you get rid of half the team because their dead wood and bring a whole bunch of new people in, they are not going to play well together, your players will be fearing for their jobs so morale will be low, and there will be no squad harmony. The secret to a long term LLM game is patience. Replace only a few players each season to keep morale and hormony high, work your way up the league slowly (ie, first season avoid releagation, second season aim for midtable, third season aim for top half, fourth season at a club look for promotion).

Or, if you do feel it's necessary to get rid and replace a large number of players, then accept that your first season after this will pretty much be a write off. Try to avoid relegation. That's it. Then the following seasons, once your players have learned to work with each other, you may be able to make an impact on the league.

One thing I've particularly noticed at LLM is the importance of matching squad personalities. If your team is generally determined, signing a good non-determined player will actually be worse for your team than signing a moderate determined player. Pay attention to your scout reports on personalities and only make moves for the ones that best fit into your squad.

Your problem seems to be that you're doing some serious squad maintenance every season. It takes time for a new squad to gel and play well together. If you get rid of half the team because their dead wood and bring a whole bunch of new people in, they are not going to play well together, your players will be fearing for their jobs so morale will be low, and there will be no squad harmony. The secret to a long term LLM game is patience. Replace only a few players each season to keep morale and hormony high, work your way up the league slowly (ie, first season avoid releagation, second season aim for midtable, third season aim for top half, fourth season at a club look for promotion).

Or, if you do feel it's necessary to get rid and replace a large number of players, then accept that your first season after this will pretty much be a write off. Try to avoid relegation. That's it. Then the following seasons, once your players have learned to work with each other, you may be able to make an impact on the league.

One thing I've particularly noticed at LLM is the importance of matching squad personalities. If your team is generally determined, signing a good non-determined player will actually be worse for your team than signing a moderate determined player. Pay attention to your scout reports on personalities and only make moves for the ones that best fit into your squad.

I dont trust scouts until im in the championship, reason being ive had multiple reports saying that so and so 15 year old will be a leading championship player, when he turned 19 his stats were still more or less 1nes :S

Id agree with Vell, the 1st season in the lower leagues is generally a struggle as you have to put your team of odds and ends together and get them working effectively.

In the 2nd season your team woudl have gelled and you will hopefully have learnt how to use some (if not all - although probably unrealistic) of your players effectively.

Trouble is, as you have identified, wage structures can be tough, so you may have to get rid of some players and bring in new stars. Thus the challenge of lower leaguemanagement :p

Id agree with Vell, the 1st season in the lower leagues is generally a struggle as you have to put your team of odds and ends together and get them working effectively.

In the 2nd season your team woudl have gelled and you will hopefully have learnt how to use some (if not all - although probably unrealistic) of your players effectively.

Trouble is, as you have identified, wage structures can be tough, so you may have to get rid of some players and bring in new stars. Thus the challenge of lower leaguemanagement :p

Yes a challenge that I enjoy and im good at because its not to hard tactically.

Yes a challenge that I enjoy and im good at because its not to hard tactically.

I don't know - there is still a art to tactics in lower league management. Its an art in itself in knowing how to approach the BSS/BSN/BSP - I am sure there are some managers that try and keep a creative, short passing game going at that level which in my experience doesnt work.

Also, you still need to know how to close out games when you are winning, and how to chase a game (while not conceding more) when losing! Easier said than done!

Where has he mentioned scouts in that. Ive read it twice and cant see anything.

Last paragraph, I mention paying attention to the personality part of the scout report, as this is the only way you can learn about some of the hidden attributes (unless you cheat ;)) such as professionalism, sportsmanship, etc. A lot of the scout reports you have to take with a pinch of salt, particularly LLM, but they do get the personalities right, at least.

Last paragraph, I mention paying attention to the personality part of the scout report, as this is the only way you can learn about some of the hidden attributes (unless you cheat ;)) such as professionalism, sportsmanship, etc. A lot of the scout reports you have to take with a pinch of salt, particularly LLM, but they do get the personalities right, at least.

Ok I did read it, just missed it.

Best striker i could actually find was Lee Mcevily....hes so crap hes missed 3 open goals for me in 2 games....wow ;S

And screw this, 14 games played, 0 goals scored..... id rather die!

Redo again, and i think ill take that offer from favioke and have a try with dover ;)

the best idea for bss is to offer FT contracts to all your best players, makes a huge difference, usually it only takes £20-30 more than P/T contracts. get in players who have high stamina, strength and pace. I always play a 442 with direct passing.

Eastleigh are a strong side because of their facilities.

Archived