[HELP!] BSS Tooting & Mitcham

Ok, EVERY team i go, i sign players that are "supposedly" good enough for league 2 and by their stats, they probably are, but i always seem to struggle in the BSS, the few teams ive been have gotten me nowhere and the players i get always DRASTICALLY underperform or they keep saying theirs a lack of harmony.

Ive tryed EVERY tactic in the book, pre loaded ones (no exploits) and theyve gotten me nowhere, same tactics ive used with afew other teams like man city which won me more or elss everythign without needing to buy alot of players and im still in a relegation dogfight.

If anyone can help me climb into the BSP itd be much appreciated!

Thanks,

David

Also signed a Colombian player which should be shredding this division apart because he would be a KEY PLAYER for a team in league 1, after 1 season his rating was 6.72...wtf is going on here?

At that level I always play narrow and direct, lots of hassling and quick. Always seems to do me well eventually. Of course a good GK and reliable striker are essential to get out of that league.

if one man can help you get success with Tooting and Mitcham its Dafuge! Check out his career thread for inspiration

Hmmmm, sold all the crap players i dont need, i COULD get: Suso (hearts) & BRETT PITTMAN Bournemouth) on freees, doubt it though because im offering pittman max everythign and i bet he still goes to millwall ;S

Also got a GREAT regen on season long loan from fulham, he should be pretty good ;)

Just about to start 13/14 Been with: Staines, Tonbridge Angels & Now Tooting & Mitcham

Highest i got was 7th with staines, then a low place the season after so i resigned as the board gave me something like 2.2k wage budget.

Tonbridge came up so i decided to have a go mwith them, was releghated with 3 games to go after 1 season i resigned.

Went for totting & mitcham, finished 18th on my first season, shouldve been ALOT higher with the players i aquired.

Pittman went to rochdale and suso to some low league spanish club,

I have 1 striker and i cant seem to sign anymore because everytime i offer a contract to a player, some other club like millwall/rochdale snap him up :S

Edit: Make that 2 strikers, signed spanish striker Ramses on a free, look good enough for this league ;)

Just about to start 13/14 Been with: Staines, Tonbridge Angels & Now Tooting & Mitcham

Highest i got was 7th with staines, then a low place the season after so i resigned as the board gave me something like 2.2k wage budget.

Tonbridge came up so i decided to have a go mwith them, was releghated with 3 games to go after 1 season i resigned.

Went for totting & mitcham, finished 18th on my first season, shouldve been ALOT higher with the players i aquired.

Pittman went to rochdale and suso to some low league spanish club,

I have 1 striker and i cant seem to sign anymore because everytime i offer a contract to a player, some other club like millwall/rochdale snap him up :S

Look at players from Scotland that have ben released. I did that and it works. They dont ask for too much wages either. I took Droylsden from BSN to League 1 in 4 seasons. I had 2 1st place finishes and 1 3rd place.

Nothing fancy, play a 4-4-2 with one striker dropping deep and one on the shoulder of the defender. Make sure you have defenders and midfielders who are good in the air and strong, and at least 1 striker who can score headers. Have some wingers with a little bit of pace & who can finish. Make sure you have a decent ass man.

Push up your defensive line when you're playing at home or against weaker teams, drop it deeper if you're up against good fast strikers.

Seriously, if you have league 2 standard players you should be able to go the season unbeaten in the BSS. Want to upload your game for me to have a look at and maybe see where you're going wrong?

Look at players from Scotland that have ben released. I did that and it works. They dont ask for too much wages either. I took Droylsden from BSN to League 1 in 4 seasons. I had 2 1st place finishes and 1 3rd place.

If you have the Scottish league running this makes life very easy, and is also very unrealistic. Not many Scots are IRL going to come down to Tooting for £200/wk part time

If you have the Scottish league running this makes life very easy, and is also very unrealistic. Not many Scots are IRL going to come down to Tooting for £200/wk part time

I know but i cant help it. Only using whats infront of me. But I see where your coming from. Also after a year, some players who got released the year before still dont have clubs and dont ask for much wages either.

I have the 4 "main" leagues running (well what i think are the main ones.

England - All Leagues (Down to BSN/BSS)

Scotland - All leagues (Third Div)

Spain - (Adelente)

Italy - (Serie B)

There pretty main leagues. You should be able to find some good frees. Also your budget wont stretch much so look for versatile players. In my first full season at Droylsden I only had 18 players including 2 long term loans. Then in feburary I signed 8 more short term loans. Loans will be hard to get though as your in the lowest division.

Just sacked my as man as he sucked, was the best i could get at the time and offered a contract to a welch youth coach who had good ass man stats, he accepted and the board blocked it because they think £210 is too much :S

I had the same problem. In my forst full season with Droylsden. This meant I had to go a full season without an Ass man.

In a friendly game against glen hoddle academy, getting absolute humped, even though all my players in every position show better stats than the GHA

Much quicker than uploading the whole game - if you upload a PKM of the match maybe we can see what's going wrong. It's only a friendly though so you often get freak results.

had a great comeback anyway, 2-2 then GH scored on the 92nd minute ;S

Ok, ive cleared out the backrrom staff apart from the physio + scout

Should i emply 2 fitness coaches instead of normal coaches? Might get my players past 70misn without them ALL being at 55% or lower

Acquired an irish striker, thats 3 strikers now :D

Wage Budget = 2.7k Im £295 over that. I cant chop and change the team as their are no decent players without a contract anymore to put in as cover :S

had a great comeback anyway, 2-2 then GH scored on the 92nd minute ;S

Ok, ive cleared out the backrrom staff apart from the physio + scout

Should i emply 2 fitness coaches instead of normal coaches? Might get my players past 70misn without them ALL being at 55% or lower

Acquired an irish striker, thats 3 strikers now :D

I would say have 1 fitness coach and a coach. Just keep it to a simple 4-4-2. Not to much tactics as they arent the best players. Have you got 2 season long loans in yet?

Also, make sure you either 1) don't have friendlies too close together or 2) sub off all your players before the hour mark. If they are going down to 55% every game they will get knackered and will be tired as hell for half a season or so.

Thats normal though. How is he meant to cope when he gets to Christmas.

Thats normal though. How is he meant to cope when he gets to Christmas.

They will have higher match fitness by then so will recover from games more quickly. However, if you trash them in pre-season matches, their jadedness % will be high before the season even starts and they will recover less quickly between games later in the season.

However, it seems to be fine to give them intensive aerobic training preseason.

Not BSS but I've got Kidderminster to the Championship, with the first few leagues relying on far superior players on season long loans. Just hunt around the youth teams for league 1 sides and you'll find a few gems on loan.

I've found most tactics successful low down, I think a good idea is setting your passing style to the most direction though - if you can get anyone good at long shots though encourage them as goalies that low down smother their gloves with butter before the match.

Hired two fitness caches, 1 whith decent normal stats aswell.

3 Player i got on loan are:

Cristian Marquez - Fulham (3month)

The others are a young elftback from stevenage (parent club) looks good.

& A right winger from fulham (again a regen) with stats that would probably be amazing for league 2.

Also, the great colombian midfielder that drastically under performs i got last season is called Sebastian Oliveros

Hired two fitness caches, 1 whith decent normal stats aswell.

3 Player i got on loan are:

Cristian Marquez - Fulham (3month)

The others are a young elftback from stevenage (parent club) looks good.

& A right winger from fulham (again a regen) with stats that would probably be amazing for league 2

Thats good then.

i know your pain, im managing Merthyr Tydfil at the moment in the same leage as Tooting.

I found that you are better of using your very limited funds to bring in in 8-9 decent players for the league, leading stars for BSS if you can, rather than 1 or 2 good league 1 players.

also try to play contain, i find it is alot better for smaller teams with poor squads in my LLM history.

played down there before when i 1st bought fm10 last year with weymouth. got to say its harder in the BSS than league 1 or league 2 by a long way. all the teams are around the same quality so never any easy games where u know u will pick up 3 points.

main thing to remember is that the players have very limited ability. quite simply having a big target man up front and lumping the ball from the back to his head is the way to play. no creativity or anything fancy as the players cant do it. hopefully the big man will set up chances for other players in the side.

as most other teams play this way the main thing u need is defenders who can head. even tackling is not that important at this level. if you can numb other teams aerial threat then you cant go far wrong.

Last time i was succesful with LLM, i got a team to the premiership in 9 seasons from the BSN (forgot which team) was pure luck though, and all through playoffs apart from league 2 which i won. I got 12 games in and the board sacked me for not being mid table, it was like wtf first seaosn in prem and they wanted me to go mid table, best player i had was a 35 year old the rest wer average championship players :p

I used bromley as my low-league club, Warren Mcbean was the striker that got me out of BSS, I had to keep signing new strikers though to get me through and each year I had one that scored most of them.

Tactics I used were kinda weird but seemed to work.

weirdness.jpg

as my main tactic - for home games, I had a poacher and advanced forward up front, the rest you can guess. I've used it from BSS to coca cola league 1 with some success, sometimes I have to use a more defensive tactic though. I tended to play on "Overloard" most of the time when using the above tactic.

I also had

awaytact.jpg

For away games, with a more direct style, and some very agressive man-marking football, pretty strongly defensive, overload doesnt work for this tactic, it's more of a counter-attacking tactic for hard away games (done me good in some cup games).

So uhm.. I tweaked.. and.. I actually used wide players, they scored a lot of goals for me.

Up front in my normal tactic I the poacher had to be pacy, didnt have to be able to head, the advanced forward, I tried to have one who had some crossing, and reasonable speed, jumping and heading, as well as decent finishing. Wide players I didnt really mind about their jumping, but the central players I tried to get with okayish jumping, especially the DM and the DC's

Archived